PDA

View Full Version : are these weapon ablilitys good for the ultiamate AP Weapons?

mindfray
08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I have been pondering how to make the ultimate ap leveling weapon (USA version) so i don't think the ap trick will work

but would these three specific weapon abilites make the ultimate ap farming weapon?

Overdrive > AP
Tripple AP
Double Overdrive

would this work out with the double overdrive possibly super boosting the ap you get?

now i might have to farm mimics for gill to bribe winning formula from sandworm at i think it was 900,000 gill for 15 and need 30 for each weapon. and if i don't want to farm wings of discovery for tripple overdrive i could bribe for megalixiers from varuna, but thing is i can never find varuna in the omega ruins? know an easy way to find him?

what do you guys think?

Simen
08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, that's pretty good - but the ultimate is with triple overdrive.

TidusVsJecht
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm currently in the process of making ultimate ap weapons too.

I'm going for;

Triple Overdrive
Double AP
Overdrive > AP
(double ap not triple ap as triple can take 3 - 6x longer to add on each weapon)

Varuna is in the omega ruins, I usually find him somewhere around the middle of the first area.

Also if you capture one of every fiend in the Sunken Cave (where you get Yojimbo) you will unlock Don Tonberry, he will counter pretty much anything you try to do to him with an attack called Karma (I believe it hits the ammount of fiends that character has killed x100)
Set your overdrive to comrade (for all 3) and just spam steal or another skill that doesn't deal damage. once he has taken 4 steps, he will not longer counter, this is the point where you spam quick hit (he will waddle up to one character and stab him/her dealing ~10000 damage).

Naturally auto-phoenix is a must.

If your 3 characters can deal 9999 damage per hit, you will use roughly 30 - 40 phoenix downs per fight.
You can get anywhere from 200000 - 600000 ap per fight.

Hope this helps.

Karifean
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
If you repeatedly fight "One-Eye", he may drop weapons with TRIPLE-AP and two free slots. This weapon is great for mass AP farming, although One-Eye may be a problem for a low level party.

Edit: Also, I'd rather recommend escaping from the battle once Don Tonberry stops countering your attacks. It just takes so long to kill him.