PDA

View Full Version : FF X-2 my questions thread :O

mindfray
08-02-2010, 06:36 AM
So Ive decided to make a my questions thread for x-2 also, just like i did for x, so i don't clutter the forum too much.

I went into the options and set the active battle to wait, but enemies still attack me constantly and it shows "active battle" in red in the upper right hand corner.

i thought setting it to wait would make it able to wait before i take my moves before enemies attack just like in ffx.
also when i changed yunas dress sphere in a battle it would not let me change it back to another one? why is this?

Yes I'm new to this game, so if you have any beginners advice it would be greatly appreciated.

expect more questions from me later on :cool:

Old Manus
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Wait mode only applies to menus when you're selecting spells and :bou::bou::bou::bou:. You're doing it wrong anyway, you should just be holding down the X button to pass through all the battles in FFX-2!

Saber
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure about the wait mode problem but with dress spheres you have to press R1 then select the Job you want to turn into.

A tip about this game... well you get a new game plus mode where you can play it multiple times, so if you miss something you can get it later. Also once you started a new game plus you can go get something, say in chapter 2, then save and soft reset and start another new game plus and you'll have that item even without finishing the game again. :D

mindfray
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
how do you get the game+ mode? never even heard of that before now :O

Saber
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
how do you get the game+ mode? never even heard of that before now :O

Beat the game and it gets unlocked. You start the game from the start but keeping everything but your level.

mindfray
09-06-2010, 10:04 AM
if I unlock game+ is it possible to change chapters incase i miss something in chapter 1, if I'm in chapter 2?

have not really gotten that for yet, been neglecting my gametime on this for a while..

ive noticed after i got to chapter two and read things, that i entirely missed out on the catnnip item? is there any way to get that in chapter 2?

also I'm trying to get paines special dress sphere, who is thormello (spelling?) is it the guado in the middle of the pond? and how do i sell tickets for the hypello band members?

Karifean
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Cat Nip is obtained in Chapter 5, not 1.

To get Pain's special DS, talk to Tromell, the guado you described, FOUR times in Chapter 1 or 2.

To sell tickets, talk to people using the Square-button and then select for how much you'll sell the ticket. Don't sell a ticket to the man standing in grass in the long path on the southern side, he'll only buy it for 200 Gil.

'New Game Plus' mode is just like a normal game, but with everything (but the levels) from the previous game(s). So no chapter changing or whatever.

summerfire
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
This is a little off-topic, but I was playing through with the walk-through guide to get 100% on the first try and I seem to have missed something but for the life of me cannot figure out what.
I had the full 31% at the interview with Shelinda, but by the time I got to speaking to Cid on the Thunder Plains, I was off. I went back and doble checked everything I did. Is there some miniscule thing like "talk to elma and lucil first before seeing Nooj in the den of woe" that I missed or something? Because I did literally everything the guide said to do. If I have to play through and get game+, I will, but....I kinda just want to finish with a 100%.

Shiny
01-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah, you probably missed something minuscule. I don't know exactly where you are, but this (http://www.unlimitedgamer.net/coverage/ff10-2/ff10-2_100guide.php) guide is helpful as a checklist of sorts.

EDIT: Oh wait, that's probably similar to the guide you're using. Lemme think. I haven't played this game in six years, so bare with me. I think it's because you haven't paid off O'aka's debt entirely. You can always do it later in the game.

FFIX Choco Boy
01-10-2011, 04:12 AM
I know I missed my 100% on the 1st playthrough the 1st time I tried because I only caught 4/5 bandits on the Moonflow in Chapter 1. Could have been something really stupid like that.

Tai-Ti
01-12-2011, 10:15 PM
honestly: This game was too annoying to get %100 so I just downloaded the perfect ending. Freakin' irrelevant side quests.............

Mirage
01-13-2011, 04:21 AM
oh it wasn't that bad
i was at 90ish after my second playthrough, picking up the last 10% wasn't too bothersome with a guide :p

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Ahhh you're not using the BradyGames guide, are you? The 100% Completion section leaves out a lot of seemingly minor things, and a few things in it are just plain wrong. I used it and ended up with like 95% or something :(

Mirage
01-15-2011, 04:53 AM
I've got 102%.