PDA

View Full Version : Bend over backwards for me!

Rase
08-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Why does it seem gamers, taken as an aggregate, are self-entitled little :bou::bou::bou::bou:s? Or maybe those are just the ones that frequent the few places on the internet I go.

Either way, discuss.

blackmage_nuke
08-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Why does it seem gamers humans, taken as an aggregate, are self-entitled little :bou::bou::bou::bou:s?

Its the way we are all born.

oddler
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I'd say it's most likely due to social behavior problems. Say if the gamer spends all their time sitting in front of a TV by themself, then they really don't stay on tilt with other people and end up learning to focus on themself over anyone else. Maybe they're just not used to having social stimuli and they act instinctively or out of habit.

The Space Pope
08-03-2010, 10:56 AM
too much xbox live

Madame Adequate
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Because people are a bunch of self-entitled people? I certainly am. Everyone feels that way.

Bunny
08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
The answer is rather simple:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c9/Theory.jpg

Awesome but uses @#$% language ~ WK

Bolivar
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Probably a psychological anwer to that question.

We do need to let things go more often, honestly.

Breine
08-03-2010, 03:57 PM
The answer is rather simple:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c9/Theory.jpg

hahaha YES!

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
It's not exclusive to gamers. Promise!

Rase
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
It's not exclusive to gamers. Promise!
Oh yeah, I know it's not exclusive in any way to gamers. I just wanted to make some topic about this, and asking why people in general are self-entitled seemed a tad too broad, even if there is probably a good amount of overlap in the answers. I do feel that given how inconsequential video games are people sure whine a lot when one little thing doesn't go their way.

blackmage_nuke
08-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Different people have different priorities, I for one cant see myself sulking because someone wasnt able to get an Oval shaped ball through a giant H, but damned if I spend an hours in vain trying to save the princess and continually fail I get snappy.

Or maybe it's because you're playing on XboxLive?

Ryth
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
$300+ console + $60 game = You better wow my smurfing socks off.

Clo
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Let's just speak generally. Most people, not just gamers, are self-entitled, self-absorbed, arrogant morons with no backbone or reading comprehension skills, so good thing videogames are written at a second grade reading level, amirite?

Laddy
08-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Because 95% of people on XboxLive are dorky jerks?

Bunny
08-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Wait, really? You're going to cut that picture out because of one word? One word? Wow. Staff is more uptight than previously imagined.

Slothy
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
$300+ console + $60 game = You better wow my smurfing socks off.

More like $300 console + $60 game = do your research, rent or wait for a used copy and sell the damn thing instead of throwing a hissy fit if you don't like it. And even better would be if gamers would stop acting like they're being ripped off for the sole reason that a game only lasts five hours. Portal is one of the greatest games ever made so it's a stupid argument.

And I'll echo the fact that it's not just gamers. I don't care if someone's been with their cell phone provider for 6 years, they don't owe you a free iPhone. The crap you hear working in a call centre. :roll2