PDA

View Full Version : oddlerest injury

missaira
08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Man nearly killed as eel swims in bottom (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7939609/man-nearly-killed-as-eel-swims-in-bottom)

what's the oddest injury you've ever sustained?

Shorty
08-04-2010, 03:28 AM
ouch :(

I don't suppose this is terribly odd, but when I worked at Sonic at sixteen, my feet came out from underneath me as I stepped onto some ice on the ground. The two shakes I were carrying spilled all over me, I ruined my new coat I had bought that same day, and it was right in front of a car of hot dudes. Also, I broke my arm.

My friend broke her arm doing a handstand on a trampoline. Not falling off it, not hitting the metal bars - just doing a handstand. I've always thought that was odd.

Laddy
08-05-2010, 02:19 AM
I jumped off my front proch and fractured my right index finger. :( It hurt.

NorthernChaosGod
08-05-2010, 03:44 AM

Wtf did you do, trip midair? o_O

Laddy
08-05-2010, 03:49 AM

I have no earthly idea.

Bunny
08-05-2010, 07:50 AM

It gets very windy in Tennessee.

My oddest injury isn't really odd because of the injury itself but due to the way it was received:

I was sitting on a crocodile riding chair* at a friend's house, rocking back and forth. I rocked back too hard and fell into the corner of a glass case, splitting my head open and getting blood pretty much everywhere.

http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/files/thumbnails/SW-1824.jpg

Rodarian
08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
@Shorty... Poor dear....:(

The oddest injury I've sustained is when a sparrow flew straight into my cheek.... My best mate and I were walking and in seconds I saw black and red and on was on the ground.. He looked at me in shock and got me back up. I was bleeding and had to be bandaged...

Then on the bus two cute girls come up and ask about my 'face'....I walk to end of the bus and sat there....

To this day my mum and sis laugh about it after I told them the story :P

Clo
08-05-2010, 09:17 PM

The oddest injury I've sustained is when a sparrow flew straight into my cheek.... My best mate and I were walking and in seconds I saw black and red and on was on the ground.. He looked at me in shock and got me back up. I was bleeding and had to be bandaged...

Then on the bus two cute girls come up and ask about my 'face'....I walk to end of the bus and sat there....

A bird flew into your face?! How odd!

Chris
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Odd injuries, hmm... can't think of any, but a guy once smashed a bottle in my face. I still have some tiny scars. I broke his right arm and collar bone. It was weird when we both ended up in the same emergency room.

Iceglow
08-06-2010, 02:07 AM

It saw it's reflection in the beautiful mirror shine of his eyes and thought it was the perfect mate for him.

Strangest injury I've ever obtained, well I had one so good I decided to do it twice in two different ways! I have essentially in non-medical terms broken my funny bone twice. In more medical terms, I have fractured the bones in the elbow around the point we call the funny bone, twice. How? Well the first time I was in a moshpit to the song Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja by Lostprophets. My mate and myself used to show off big time to this, he did some martial arts and I learnt I could jump and duck under some of his attacks if we timed them right. So basically he would sweep kick and I'd leap over it, he'd immediately flow in to a jumping axe kick what I'd duck under...looked immense in a pit totally awesome we'd count each beat in perfectly to time it. We were going for that when the moshpit moved and I got pushed forwards and was no longer in place or on time, his sweep connected with me and I went airborne, I tried to twist and push off the people next to me to catch myself and failed, I landed on my right elbow, flipped off it to my feet and carried on moshing, next day we discovered the extent of my injuries, when a woman accosted me by accident with her handbag. The second time I was doing some naughty things to a pretty German girl, I have no idea how the injury actually occurred but well, I had to laugh at the injury and try to explain how I acquired it to my boss without using the terms "I was on a date with a customer, and was busy banging her brains out and don't ask!"

~*~Celes~*~
08-06-2010, 02:19 AM
to this day i still have no idea how or why i had a bruise on my very inner thigh. I noticed a similar bruise on my arm today in the car. Am I being sexually abused in my sleep? :(

Rye
08-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I stubbed my vagina.

No seriously, I've been having a lot of ankle pain lately, but only when I'm not running consistently. Weird....

Madame Adequate
08-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Popped my knee earlier. I hope it's not another one of those serious smurfup jobs I've had once or twice before, because I won't be walking anywhere for two weeks if it is. And I won't sleep much because it will be too painful. :( Once when it happened it swelled up so much I could only get one of my pairs of pants on, all the others were too tight to get over my knee. Normally it's just a bit achey for a couple of days though xD

Christmas
08-06-2010, 02:38 AM
My boss give me tons of work which traumatize and injure my brain into auto hibernation mode until it's time to go home. This had been going on for years and I had never been healed. :(

Rodarian
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Yea....:mad:

@Steve.... Yea I'm sure that sparrow saw something to make a dive like that....:mad::mad:

Laddy
08-06-2010, 11:47 PM
How dare that bird touch Rod! How dare he! He's just jealous he's not as nice and sweer as him! I am so mad! :mad2:

I fell through a chair and sliced the right side of my right leg open six inches because of a screw. :jess:

champagne supernova
08-07-2010, 12:03 AM
I tore ligaments in my foot from walking into a pothole. I also got an avulsion fracture to my hip when I pulled a muscle in my leg.

oddler
08-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Full marks for the new title. A+.

Carl the Llama
08-07-2010, 12:55 PM
When I was only 4 years old, I was in my sandbox digging my way through to China (as you do) and had seen my dad using the garden fork earlier that day and I thought to myself "I know, I'm a big boy, lets use my daddy's fork" so I trundled over there and got the fork and then proceeded to drive the fork right through my foot pinning it to the floor... apparently I screamed so loud my mum thought I was being killed and came out to see most of my body on the floor with my leg arched up. I still have the scar today (on both sides of my left foot).

Rodarian
08-07-2010, 08:32 PM
How dare that bird touch Rod! How dare he! He's just jealous he's not as nice and sweet as him! I am so mad! :mad2

Awww Laddy bless.... It was many years ago... I'm sure the sparrow feels awful now... Or maybe its dead already..:shrugs:

escobert
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I threw my elbow out in baseball when I was younger so I'm not allowed to play baseball anymore!

NorthernChaosGod
08-08-2010, 04:36 AM
When I was only 4 years old, I was in my sandbox digging my way through to China (as you do) and had seen my dad using the garden fork earlier that day and I thought to myself "I know, I'm a big boy, lets use my daddy's fork" so I trundled over there and got the fork and then proceeded to drive the fork right through my foot pinning it to the floor... apparently I screamed so loud my mum thought I was being killed and came out to see most of my body on the floor with my leg arched up. I still have the scar today (on both sides of my left foot).

Pics or it didn't happen.

Carl the Llama
08-11-2010, 04:17 AM
You wanna see a picture of my foot? x.x if you dont believe me then add me on FB and you can ask either my brother or my sister (who are in my friend list ^^)

NorthernChaosGod
08-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Dude, I wanna see the scar.