PDA

View Full Version : iPad SCAM on eBay???

Tseng
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Hey guys,
Thank you for dropping by. I recently sold an iPad to a guy in Saudi Arabia and even though it sound super sketchy, he paid me through PayPal and everything was completely cool. However today he opened up a claims suit through eBay and requested a refund even though I have a no refund policy. Regardless of his request, he does seem to have a minor problem. When I restored the iPad, it gave me the typical picture of the USB port with the arrow pointing to the iTunes icon like it should've. I packaged it up and voila, a new-ish iPad at his doorstep in about a week. However when he got it, he said it would perpetually show this screen. I've narrowed it down to a problem with the version of his iTunes as it needs to be the US version and not the Saudi version, therefore it's not a hardware issue. SOOO do you guys know of any sort of scam where folks from foreign countries make a completely normal transaction through eBay and PayPal, release the money to me when they get the product, then complain and somehow get reimbursed? I looked around and couldn't find anything. If any of you kind individuals have any suggestions or professional opinions then send em my way!

Thanks all

B

Quindiana Jones
08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Have you contacted eBay? That should be your first port of call. Just let them know everything and see what they think. Also, is your "no refund policy" clearly displayed on the page advertising the iTampon? If so, then you can pretty much tell the guy to blow it out his arse. I think...are there special laws regarding eBay? I dunno.

Laddy
08-05-2010, 03:15 AM
o_O Sounds like this guy just doesn't know what he's doing.

Rodarian
08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
For time in the early 00's I used Ebay.. All have gone smoothly with the products I've purchased... The only time I was ever mad was at guy who was unbelievably slow at delivery. He did eventually did send it over... I didn't a scathing remark though but I gave a fair an honest one.

Most of my own reviews by the auctioneer were favorable of me because as much as I inquired about every single detail, I was also very gracious with comments.