PDA

View Full Version : Help with boots

Rye
08-05-2010, 04:07 AM
I have muscular calves, fat calves, CALL THEM WHATEVER YOU WANT CALVES, but I need a pair of equestrian boots for this fall that fit wide enough, plus a little extra so I have that cute "gapping" look. This means pretty much pull ons only, no zippers. The last thing I want is to have muffin top on my legs.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/02/17/rage_monarch2.jpg

DSW Shoes dissapointed me, which is surprising.

Do you know a good place that has boots that fit this category? I'm looking online and I'm not finding any good hits.

THANKS FRIENDS.

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2010, 04:10 AM
I find these boots by accident all the time when looking for boots more my style. I just nab my boots at Kohl's or Wal-Mart xD

Rye
08-05-2010, 04:13 AM
I really like riding boots, or alternatively, ones with a similar height, but with more of a slouch and buckle look to them. Something that shouts fall. I bought a ton like those in England, but they were all made terribly and fell apart after a few days.

EDIT: Oh! This is so close, except I hate the suede parts of it. It looks like it's good for people with athletic calves though....

Riding Boots, Leather Boots, Boots Free Shipping, Shoes Free Shipping (http://www.shoptheshoebox.com/product_detail.asp?page=1&NumRec=177&ItemNum=91&s_pid=7455&colorid=3&s_cid=94&s_vid=0&s_size=&s_price=&s_lev=2&viewall=1&s_sale=&s_sb=1&source=shopstyle)

Laddy
08-05-2010, 04:24 AM
While I agree the suede is truly a setback on what is otherwise a fabulous pair of boots, as a whole it's a very nice pair of boots that I highly suggest. It matches your personality and style, which is always a plus.

I would ttly keep those in mind. Imma help you. Brb research.

Rye
08-05-2010, 04:25 AM
You're the best! My boot budget is between $80 and $200, depending on the designer. I've learned my lesson that you can't buy a pair of riding boots for less than $80 if you want them to last more than a week.

Cuchulainn
08-05-2010, 04:26 AM
http://s5.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/DA106ACE.jpg

If you buy these and subsequently wear them in the street (with photographic evidence). I will give you ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Laddy
08-05-2010, 04:29 AM
They don't tell me that for nothing! <3

While I can probably find boots that fit your dilemma, is there a particular price range or style that you are aiming for. That will make this quest a whole lot easier.

Oh, and I totally wished I lived in New York like you. In Memphis everyone's so drab and is under the illusion that conformity somehow makes a statement. It's really quite depressing, 70% of the kids at my school wear Hollister, which I find repulsive. It's boring, bland, and of generally poor for the most part. I find it harder and harder to find good places to shop because Memphis so bad when it comes to shopping. I pretty much have Express, Passport, and Banana Republic and that's it. We totally need better male stores. It's getting ridiculous!

/rant

Rye
08-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Hahahahahaha, I would do it.

I'm not sure if you could get me to wear these though for that much:

http://images.footnotesonline.com/f/726/16199/12h/www.footnotesonline.com/footnotes/assets/product_images/Edhardy-snowblazer-blue-2shoes-325.jpg

EDIT: My boot budget is between $80 and $200, though I could go a bit outside of that.

Laddy
08-05-2010, 04:34 AM
OMG THAT IS SO GROSS.

Miriel
08-05-2010, 04:47 AM
I've always been partial to Steve Madden's boots. Steve Madden likes to jack styles from runway designers and sell them at a cheaper price. :p

I have the Intyce boot in black: SteveMadden - INTYCE COGNAC LE women's boot flat casual (http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=42992)

And omg, it's SO comfortable. After wearing flat boots, I will never go back to boots with heels. I can work an entire day on my feet in these boots. I love it so much I might get the same boots in Cognac.

Laddy
08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Imitators. :/

Rye
08-05-2010, 04:59 AM
I've always been partial to Steve Madden's boots. Steve Madden likes to jack styles from runway designers and sell them at a cheaper price. :p

I have the Intyce boot in black: SteveMadden - INTYCE COGNAC LE women's boot flat casual (http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=42992)

And omg, it's SO comfortable. After wearing flat boots, I will never go back to boots with heels. I can work an entire day on my feet in these boots. I love it so much I might get the same boots in Cognac.

Those. are. PERFECT!!! Thank you! They look like the perfect slip ons. Do you get the gappage, or are they snug on the calves, or a good in between? They look like they'd be good for my calves.

I'm trying to decide between the black and the wine leather. Hmmm...

I wonder if these are still in the shops. I might head out after work to check it out. If I buy them, I need to buy a new pair of skinny jeans to wear them with.

Shlup
08-05-2010, 05:04 AM
This thread amuses me 'cause I just put boots like you've described on Sim-Rye earlier today. xD

I don't know :bou::bou::bou::bou: about boots. The only boots I own are snow boots from Target.

Miriel
08-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Those. are. PERFECT!!! Thank you! They look like the perfect slip ons. Do you get the gappage, or are they snug on the calves, or a good in between? They look like they'd be good for my calves.

I'm trying to decide between the black and the wine leather. Hmmm...

I wonder if these are still in the shops. I might head out after work to check it out. If I buy them, I need to buy a new pair of skinny jeans to wear them with.

They're snug, but not super snug. It's definitely not the kind of boot you have to struggle to get on or off. You just sorta slip right into them. And there's a buckle that lets you adjust the fit. They're like flip flops, but in boot form.

Rodarian
08-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Those are some nice boots.. except for the ones Cuch posted and the Ed Hardy ones.... Tattoo trend is over!!

Laddy
08-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Ed Hardy is indeed very played out. Gross!

I have nothing and I must say I am very disappinted in myself. THose are nice boots, though. :D

Christmas
08-06-2010, 02:42 AM
I used to wear safety boots at work but it is rather heavy and not trendy. :(

But on the bright side, it enchance my kicking power by 45% and my feet's defense by 75%. I guess it is worth it after all! :bigsmile:

Levian
08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Ed seems to have a one track mind. Skullz skullz skulllllz!

I think you should just tape some pizza boxes around your feet. You know, something Lady Gaga would do. Very trendy.

Breine
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM

Exactly when was Ed Hardy considered nice and/or fashionable? It's always been gross.

But yeah, those are some nice boots Miriel posted. You should get them in Cognac, Rye. That's the most interesting one.

Laddy
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Exactly when was Ed Hardy considered nice and/or fashionable? It's always been gross.
WHen we were 12 and wanted to looke rebellious from our "evil" parents.

I'm telling, letting your kids wear Ed Hardy products are truly evil deeds indeed.

Breine
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM

WHen we were 12 and wanted to looke rebellious from our "evil" parents.

Heh, when you were 12, Laddy, I was 17. That might have something to do with it then :P

Ed Hardy has always been yuck. At least to me. I don't care whether or not people wear it, I just wouldn't.

Laddy
08-06-2010, 02:25 PM
And, Rye, you want fat calves?

DO YOU WANT TO SEE MY FAT CALVES, DO YOU DARE!?!?!?!? :mad2:

boris no no
08-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I would genuinely kill for these boots:

http://store.drmartens.co.uk/images/PRODUCT/medium/12107001.jpg

Dr Martin shoes are love <3

But Dr Martin boots are fantastic - yes expensive but my old pair lasted me 5 years everyday wear when I was at school, and I only got rid of them because I dropped paint on them at work!

fire_of_avalon
08-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I thought this thread was gonna be about real riding boots and horseback riding. D: Also I like the ones Miriel posted. Also...

http://s5.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/DA106ACE.jpg

If you buy these and subsequently wear them in the street (with photographic evidence). I will give you ONE MILLION DOLLARS
I used to have a brown pair like this with pink, green and blue stitching.

champagne supernova
08-07-2010, 12:39 AM
There is only one way to shop for clothes, and that is in the biggest shopping centre nearby, where you go into every shop until you find what you want.

But what I really want to know is about this 'cute gapping look'. I don't know who started this trend, but they should be shot.

Rye
08-07-2010, 12:47 AM
It looks cute, because it makes your legs look skinnier. I guess it's heroin chic or something. IDK. All I know is it makes me look less fat than I am!

I bought the books in cognac. They're so gorgeous and comfortable. I can tell they're long lasting too. I can just tell. They punched extra holes in the strap too, to help me out with my fat calves. Thank you!!!

I also bought a pair of Steve Madden flats in a cognac and gold, but I can't find a photo of them on the website, because they're brand new.

champagne supernova
08-07-2010, 12:50 AM
It looks cute, because it makes your legs look skinnier. I guess it's heroin chic or something.

Don't know about it being heroin chic, because anyone on heroin probably has a BMI of about 2, but understand the logic now.

Miriel
08-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I bought the books in cognac. They're so gorgeous and comfortable. I can tell they're long lasting too. I can just tell. They punched extra holes in the strap too, to help me out with my fat calves. Thank you!!!

I also bought a pair of Steve Madden flats in a cognac and gold, but I can't find a photo of them on the website, because they're brand new.

We're boot twins now!

Rye
08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
Yayyy!

I will post a photo later. The boots go super well with the bag Huxley bought me for my birthday, since it has leather in a very similar color.

xXsarahXx
08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Ooooh nice choice, those boots are cute :D
I know what you mean about the calf slimming effect though, I have big calfs :( Have always had muscular calves, even when I was skinny.

Shiny
08-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Riding boots are the :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I own two pairs of Steve Madden stuff. Whoever he is, he's the :bou::bou::bou::bou: as well! I've also worn rain boots because they reminded me of childhood. Anyway this thread weirds me out. Kate Moss heroin legs + Ed Hardy = no.

Laddy
08-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Ed Hardy = no.
Durr

Shiny
08-08-2010, 06:13 AM
You didn't include Kate Moss heroin legs though so does this mean that you don't oppose that? What the hell, Laddy.

Laddy
08-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Srsly, Shiny, it's not State The Obvious Fashion Faux Pas Day.

*z snaps*

Mirage
08-10-2010, 06:25 AM
needs more pix of rye's calves

Rye
08-10-2010, 12:08 PM
No one wants to see that!

Shiny
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Srsly, Shiny, it's not State The Obvious Fashion Faux Pas Day.

*z snaps*

Yes, but it is the beat Laddy brutally with a boot day.

escobert
08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
The only boots I wear are timbs so I have no idea :p

Renmiri
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
This

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/18/article-0-05BD99E8000005DC-844_634x538.jpg