PDA

View Full Version : Vampires Suck

Shlup
08-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm watching it right now. I mean, I expected it to be bad, but it's... wow. So bad.

Oh oh oh! I just laughed almost! Cheetos!

Am I the only one willing to sit through this travesty? I downloaded the sceener.

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2010, 07:16 AM
That's disappointing. I didn't think it'd be awesome, but I thought that since this one was focused on one pop culture phenomenon rather than just spewing out references it'd be okay.

Bunny
08-05-2010, 07:21 AM
So wait, Adam Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer made a bad movie? Shocking.

Depression Moon
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh I thought it was still Shawn and Marlon Waynes who were making these.

Shlup
08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
That's disappointing. I didn't think it'd be awesome, but I thought that since this one was focused on one pop culture phenomenon rather than just spewing out references it'd be okay.

I was hoping the same thing, but it's basically just the Twilight movie shot-for-shot with everything exaggerated. Simply exaggerating what's already there is not clever, dammit!

I don't usually watch these kinds of movies, so I guess my expectations were too high. xP At least I didn't go pay to see it so whatever.

Shiny
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I saw it a month or so ago. It's not like I expected it to be an amazing movie, but it makes fun of the ridiculous vampire craze that's going on lately so I approve. Plus, the Korean guy I like from The Hangover is in it, so I gave it a forgiving score. It still wasn't as bad a Epic Movie. I turned that crap off after 5 minutes.

Del Murder
08-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I liked Scary Movie 1, these types of movies went downhill after that, which sucks because I love parody.

Bastian
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
But the most important question is: is there a hot Taylor Lautner look-alike in it?

Shiny
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Scary Movie 1 was on today and it was pretty decent. It didn't just exaggerate things, it actually came up with new things for the storyline. Superhero Movie, Epic Movie, Date Movie, and whatever other movie ending with "Movie" needs to stop. I don't expect parodies to be amazing. I mean we all know parody is the lowest form of comedy, but still.

AND NOT THAT FUDGE FACE

Raistlin
08-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I liked Scary Movie 1, these types of movies went downhill after that, which sucks because I love parody.

Agreed. Movie parodies just aren't what they used to be, likely due to the financial requirement of having to dumb itself down for the lowest common denominator.

I am almost disappointed this movie sucks. Some mainstream good, heavy Twilight criticism could have been entertaining (if only for its response from the mindless fangirls).

Del Murder
08-06-2010, 02:44 AM
I wish they would make more parodies in the vein of classics like Airplane and The Naked Gun. Is Leslie Nielsen still around?

Bunny
08-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Stan Helsing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Helsing)!

Marshall Banana
08-06-2010, 02:53 AM

Agreed. Movie parodies just aren't what they used to be, likely due to the financial requirement of having to dumb itself down for the lowest common denominator.

I am almost disappointed this movie sucks. Some mainstream good, heavy Twilight criticism could have been entertaining (if only for its response from the mindless fangirls).
I wish there could be a real MST3K episode featuring Twilight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs73q2Qrs_k)