PDA

View Full Version : What we want to see in Dissidia 2

NeoCracker
08-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Don't get me wrong, I really dug the story concept for Dissidia, however I don't really want to see it used again.

I want a war scaled conflict between multiple battling factions, preferably 3.

And forget the whole 'one villain, one hero' from each game, they should get a large number of them, as many as they feel, and create an entire world where all of these characters fit in.

And, in order to keep the story as massive as they can, to include all characters, move it onto the console instead of the PSP.

Characters that should be involved include, but are not limited to, the following.

FF I
Warrior of LIght
Red Mage
Garland

FF II
Firion
Maria
Emperor

FF III
Cloud of Darkness
Onion Kid

FF IV
Cecil
Edge
Kain
Edward
Golbez
Zemus
Dark Elf
Rubicant
Scarmiglion

FF V
Bartz
Ex-Death
Gilgamesh

FF VI
Terra
Edgar
Sabin
Umaro
Mog
Setzer
Strago
Shadow
Cyan
Kefka
Ultros
Seigfried
Leo

FF VII
Cloud
Tifa
Cid
Sephiroth
Hojo
Reno

FF VIII
Cloud
Zell
Ultimecia
Seifer

FF IX
Zidane
Vivi
Amarant
Freya
Kuja
Garland
Lani

FF X
Auron
Tidus
Jecht
Symore

FF XII
Bausch
Balthier
Vayne
Gabranth

FF XIII
Lightning
Sahz
Snow
Cid Raines
Jihl Nabaat

FF Tactics

Ramza
Agrias
Delta
Gafgorion

What their goals are, and how exactly you would play through the story, I don't know. I don't know if I'd rather have one solid story line, or a story that changes based on the side you play as.

I might add more conjecture later, though this thread is for everything you'd like to see in a new Dissidia game, not just discussing my random drivel. ;p

dunit697
08-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I said one from each in the last thread just for simplicty of the thread itself. Honestly, I really don't care much about anything being added from 1, 2 sorta, 3 u really should include Xande, 4 has a lot of awesome characters as you included, but my concern is that every character remains different, I don't want to see Captain Falcon>Ganondorf in smash bros or roy>marth kinda crap. Anway, 5 thats about right, 6 is my favorite, so i am not going to argue with the character mass your inculding, but Umaro is hardly going to have an engaging back story, I think this list is a bit biased to your play style and character preference (no offense intended likley I would do the same) I would much prefer seeing Gau to seeing Umaro. 7 where's vincent? Honestly, dispite his possibly twilightish fanbase the character is still awesome and could have such an unbelievlably creative and innovative play style he would have to be in it, not to mention his back-story, which connects more to sephiroth than even cloud. 8/9 i don't care enough, 10...Probably include Yuna, but i would be anything but heartbroken if they skipped her. 12, meh, thats fine, but i doubt they would add Bausch before Vaan, (not that I like him) just saying. 13, don't care enough to argue. I didn't play tactics... Anywho, all in all, I have no objection to any characters as long as they can keep making them as different as they have before. Also, console? heck ya! but will they? One good thing about the psp is being able to play people on the go, but i would much rather a console with stable online play and split screen.

Here's the characters I think that can be included without destroying the versatile dynamic and sharpen the story immensly. (3 factions cool btw) (Again not arguing against additions, the more the merrier, but I will do simple priority.

I: N/A
II:Leon(Full dark knight, more agressive than Cecil), Maria(physcial range games)
III:Xande(story involvement + archmage, older and different type of magic entirly)
IV:Kain (dragoon),Zemus(more agressive style of Mateus), Rubicante(very high evasion and speed +story)
V: Gilgamesh (Heavy Firion style, no magic+plus comic relief/story)
VI: Sabin(monk fight style new, + awesome ex burst blitz style), Edgar(story and innovative play with tools plus we need a hetero hero in this game), Leo(We have a war...and no one is really even a military type...this one should be pretty obvious) Cyan (back-story + samurai style), Locke, (heavier theif)
[I know too many from 6, I said I may be biased]
VII: Tifa(story) Vincent, reasons i have stated, Hojo(scienctist, totally different play style + story) Reno(fanbase appeaser honestly)
[Bias gives me less less motivation to argue much further than VII]
VIII: Edea, Seifer, Rinoa
IX:Armarant, Garnet, vivi, Garland, (Necron??)
X: Yuna, Symore, Auron, Wakka maybe
XI: take out shantoto
XII: Vayne, Balther
XIII: Lightning, Sazh to put a black guy in it, can't be racist now

Evastio
08-05-2010, 06:47 PM
You're basically asking Dissidia 2 to not be like Dissidia anymore NeoCracker. I hope you realize that.

The conflict between the main protagonists and antagonists of each of the FFs is what made the story of Dissidia. Adding that many characters from FFIV and FFVI would kill off that tradition, as well as cause unequal representations of the FF games.

It would probably be better off as a whole different game, rather than as a Dissidia sequel.

I don't want to see Captain Falcon>Ganondorf in smash bros or roy>marth kinda crap.

In Brawl I think they did a good enough job at differentiating clones. Though I also hope that they'll keep the characters as diverse as they did in the first Dissidia. You'll be okay with another Bartz like character for FFV, assuming he/she will mimic the moves of the new good guys, right? I was personally okay with it, though I was hoping Bartz would have at least a few more original moves for himself besides Goblin Punch.

By the way, Marth is the original while Roy is the clone. I mean, you absolutely have to get Marth before getting Roy, Marth has the bigger role in the Fire Emblem series (he's had four games released) than Roy (who's only had one game). (http://serenesforest.net/general/generalfaq.htm)

dunit697
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
That was in no paticular order and was refering to melee, even so, i don't like there being any clones...No I did not like Bartz, I mean, V already is fairly far out of the mainstream compared to 4 and 6 surronding it, mostly because it was less innovative and engaging IMO then those, giving him a moveset like that only confirms that theory, I also agree that this could make it not dissidia anymore, In fact I would be up for simple expansion packs with extra characters weapons goodies etc, that would be enough for me. Most of whats there I like. The story in Dissidia 2 would also need to be actually thought out, i felt like they made it up as they went, bugged me. I want to see an edgier story, I want the characters to fill their big shoes, this one was a bit to reserved in that respect. I wanna see kefka stab a fellow foe in the back, I want Exdeath to not have void in every line, I want Zidane not to *********** wink at me, Bartz take ur hands off ur hips, Kuja...new voice actor-he was a good villian, in dissidia he is a joke, in general just give the heros some balls, its either overly perky or emo for all of them.

NeoCracker
08-06-2010, 03:26 AM
I don't mind the clones actually, so long as they are at least as different as Falcon and Gannon, since you can't play them at all the same, despite similarities.

And I didn't pick to much based on preferance, otherwise there would be no Seifer, Seymore, or Lightning.

I didnt' include much FF III as I didn't enjoy that one enough to learn more about it.

And I actually do like Vincent quite a bit, I just didn't think about him when I made that list. :p

And I don't see why it's an entirely different game, I just don't think it needs to repeat the typical good guys versus typical bad guys again. A drastic story change from Dissidia 1 to 2 would be no more different then the drastic story changes from the main story.

The core of the Fighting game system is what would remain intact, though some alterations should be made to keep gameplay fresh.

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2010, 04:22 AM
I feel your suggestion would change the whole system established with Dissidia and while Dissidia was far from perfect, I felt it did many things well.

I actually didn't care much for the plot, but I didn't hate it, I actually expected it. \ I don't think it bothered me in Dissidia cause I've never read/seen/or played a crossover story that didn't take severe liberties or were just completely ridiculous from the get go. Dissidia's worked for what it needed to be. What we need to have more of in the sequel was what Dissidia did have lots of and that was just watching the characters bounce off each other. Squall/Bartz/Zidane team was just amusing as all hell. Watching the villains try to out maneuver each other was also great when it happens. The only thing story-wise I would ask for is for the Villains to have a story mode of their own, ending either with a battle with Cosmos or Chaos.

As for the party roster, I'm strongly against favoring any particular FF over others and as a fighting game, I don't want the roster to get overwhelming cause it makes playing through the game to completion a chore as well as allowing some lazy developing to get in there. Games with massive rosters don't tend to fair so well though there are notable exceptions (SFA3) but I would rather not chance it cause we are talking about a company that doesn't make fighting games for a living so asking the development team to build a 100+ roster who are all original and dynamic from each other is wishful thinking at best. The game would have to be in development for 10+ years to get it right and by then we'll have all moved on with our lives.

With that said, I wouldn't mind two characters coming from each title again as well as a few hidden characters from non-numbered entries (I want Ramza dammit!) and I want them to work well with the existing roster. This is why a few fan favorites may not show up but I feel it will work for the story and character developments.

Mostly, I want some damn re-balancing in the game. Some of these characters are a little too broken (Golbez, Jecht, Cloud) and others need some new moves and retooling to make them more user friendly (Mateus, Shantatto, Sephiroth). I would also love to have the ability to take multiple summons into battle (that would only work after the effct of the previous summon had run its course) and maybe just reanimate and improve/nerf some EX-Modes.

Laddy
08-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Sazh!!!

Goldenboko
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
You were wrong the moment you forgot Galuf. GTFO.

Mercen-X
08-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, I'm biased... Leon, Xande, Kain, Edge, Sabin, Edgar, Shadow, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie (I'm obessed with ninja/thieves), Barret (which version will they use, official artwork or AC), any Turk, any Tsviet, Zell, Kiros, Laguna (lol), Rinoa, Irvine, Ramza, Balthier, Vossler, Reddas, Vayne Solidor, Llyud,... even though he wasn't playable, Al-Cid did have at least a gun and I would really like to see him in a fight... Kimahri (we need a bestial hero, I wonder how Red XIII would work), Dressphere Yuna or Paine, Shuyin, Seymour, and Zaon (Yunalesca's Guardian), Mi'ihen, Brother, Rin, Yojimbo, Gippal, Auron, hell Wakka and Chappu too. I want to play as Blank from 9 and also Gilgamesh.

Cameos:
Master Zangan (VII), From X: Dona, Isaaru, Leblanch (lol), Captain Lucil, Elma, Crusader Beclem,

black orb
08-22-2010, 03:55 AM
>>> :luca:

HolliWould
10-04-2010, 06:27 AM
I want....*jumps* Yuna 100% for this game, if she's in I'm preordering ASAP. :jess:

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
It must stay on the PSP. My absolute favorite thing about Dissidia was that it was just perfect for on-the-go play. Stuck in the waiting room? Go into Quick Battle for a bit. You can always pause it in the middle of the fight and put the PSP to sleep when the doctor comes in. I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd rather not see it on the DS. I love the DS, but the PSP is better suited for this kind of game.

Wolf Kanno
10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I feel the 3DS could do the game properly, especially if the system has a similar sleep system to the PSP. They have all the same buttons so its not like the game's controls would have to be reformatted.

Personally, I feel the controls would work better on a console but I prefer playing fighting games on consoles. Despite that, considering Dissidia's gameplay it works fine where it is so I agree its fine to keep it on the PSP.

I'm curious to see if they added more equipment sets for Dissidia 2. I would love to see more for the beginning and mid game levels.

Also, if they decide the game needs more DLC, beyond more outfits I would love to have additional battle tracks to choose from. Including access to original game scores, remixes and the arrangements.

Depression Moon
10-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Can I get it for PS3?

AntagonistGB
10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd like them to work something out where you could use music on your memory stick as battle music, if such a thing would be feasible.

Mirage
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
What I'd like to see is a PS3 PSN release.

Wolf Kanno
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Can I get it for PS3?

No. its a PSP exclusive.

VeloZer0
10-08-2010, 04:54 AM
What I'd like to see is a PS3 PSN release.

IMO this would improve the game immensely. I currently play with my PSP hooked up to my TV with a set of video cables I manually cut up and spliced in speaker wire to extend past 6 feet.

Depression Moon
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Can I get it for PS3?

No. its a PSP exclusive.

Why you have to be mean?

Laddy
10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
SAZH

Mercen-X
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Leon, Xande, Kain/Tifa (already confirmed), Edge/Shadow/Yuffie (I'm obessed with ninja/thieves), Vincent, Zell (could we give his outfits to Tifa?), Kiros, Seifer (give Squall his outfit?), Laguna (just give Squall his outfit), Rinoa (give Tifa her outfit?), Irvine (give Vincent his outfit... lol), Balthier...
Kimahri (we need a bestial hero, I wonder how Red XIII would work), Dressphere Yuna/Paine, Shuyin (an outfit for Tidus), Brother, Yojimbo (an outfit for Jecht?), Auron (give Jecht his outfit).
I still want to play as Blank and also Gilgamesh from 9. Maybe give Zidane an outfit matching Blanc's.

Cameos:
Master Zangan (VII)

SuperMillionaire
11-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I'd like to see Snow (XIII) in there, as well as either Yuna or Auron, Balthier, and either Locke or Celes for playable characters, along with lots of other characters as cameos.

For gameplay, I would like the arcade mode to return.

Elskidor
12-04-2010, 10:27 PM
If the plan is only to bring in one additional character from each title then I'll put in my picks for the ones I'd want to see more than the others.

FF1 I Red Mage (Makes the most sense unless they go with Black Mage, but I can't see Vivi being substituted for Garnet or Steiner. White Mage is a heck no...what can she do? Heal them to death? Thief would be overkill with Zidane there and Locke is a highly probable choice for FFVI. )
FFVI: Celes or Locke, but thinking Locke is the more likely since reading that he was intended for the first Dissidia.
FFVIII: Rhinoa! If we aint getting Celes we are gonna need more female characters.
FFIX: I'd be happy to see Garnet, Vivi or Steiner, but Vivi is gonna be the pick. I'm willing to bet imaginary big bucks on it.
FFX: Yuna or Auron. I really have no clue which one they'll pick for this.
FFXII: Is Vann all we are getting? I REALLY hope not. Bring in Ashe or Basch. Preferred...Ashe. Toss Vann out and bring them both in!!!
FFXIII: Err, not really caring one way or another, but Fang would be cool. If we get another besides Lightning I bet they pick Hope or Snow.

Mercen-X
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
You know, if they did end up adding Kimahri, they could change the color of his fur/skin for his alts. They could make it red-orange as a shoutout to Nanaki, and make it snowwhite as a shoutout to Django from Ehrgeiz.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Pink Kimahri! Kimahri feel pretty.

Depression Moon
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
FVIII: Rhinoa! If we aint getting Celes we are gonna need more female characters.We ended up getting Laguna for the additional VIII character. Still want that PS3 port.

Wolf Kanno
12-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't see a PS3 port happening. Besides, the PSP needs more love from SE.

Elskidor
12-09-2010, 05:22 PM
FVIII: Rhinoa! If we aint getting Celes we are gonna need more female characters.We ended up getting Laguna for the additional VIII character. Still want that PS3 port.

Didn't see it happening, but now I wonder what other surprises they're gonna pull.