PDA

View Full Version : Did Zidane remember Amarant?

MJN SEIFER
08-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Amarant didn't think he did, and nothing was ever said between the two of them on the subject.

However, Zidane says to very similar lines both when he fights Amrant at Maiden Sari, and during the Auction House flashback (Something about an Eagle...). Since he only ever says this to Amarant, was it supposed to be a hint that he still remembers his first meeting with Amarant?

Crossblades
08-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I was under the impression that Zidane didn't remember Amarant at all since the issue they had happened so long ago and, like you said, it was never discussed between them. It could be a possibility that he may remember.

Depression Moon
08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
I doubt it and I bet he only says that line against guys that think they're tough or like to start fights with him. The real question here is did Amarant ever remind him?

Laddy
08-06-2010, 04:07 AM
I doubt it, Zidane probably has had his fair share of said experiences.

Christmas
08-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Hard not to remember someone who stand out and apparently much taller than most of the regular FF IX population! Unless Zidane is looking at upskirts again. :bigsmile:

ChickenHeart
08-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Zidane is forgetful.

Shotgunnova
08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think Ziddy remembered, for reasons said. Dropping the "eagle's whim" line at Madain Sari just seems more like a tie-in to Amarant's ATE, showing our tailed protagonist was pretty crafty and debonair even in those early days.

Jiro
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Shotgunnova pretty much said everything I was going to, but more eloquently.