PDA

View Full Version : Cat help

ChickenHeart
08-07-2010, 10:02 AM
(All my threads seem to be about cats now)

Anyway, my kitten is limping on one of its backlegs, it cries when it tries to walk and i'm not sure what to do. It kills me when he cries :(
Should i see a vet, or will it just heal?

And my kitten seems to be getting fleas, i noticied one today, and one on it yesterday. What are the best treatments for a 8 week old kitten?

Christmas
08-07-2010, 10:16 AM
See a vet to be on the safe side! :bigsmile:

Laddy
08-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Indeed, take him/her to the doctor!

I'm sorry. :(

boris no no
08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Take it to the vet. It might be something innocent like a thorn in its foot.

Flea treatment at that age is usually ok, I would use the 'spot on' (no idea what it's called if you're outside of the UK). But if its got fleas now check your other cats if you have any, and then give the house a super clean over - a lot of hoovering. Flea eggs can live in carpets for like 5 years or something so if there's been cats in your house before you need to really clean up.

ChickenHeart
08-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys :)
I'll ask my dad to make a appointment when he gets back.
I had a dog about 3-4 years ago, as far as i'm aware he didn't have fleas once, but i'll get hoovering!
EDIT: Saw the vet, nothing really bad with it, so that's a relief. She said that its just sprained it, she gave it a tiny ammount of painkiller, and rubbed some flea spray over it. Cost was £31.11 :@ but atleast it's getting better

Madame Adequate
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Glad he's okay! And yeah, fleas can be annoying, but there are treatments available. Just make sure you don't pet the kitty for a few hours after you give him the flea stuff :p

Iceglow
08-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah the other thing to do is just be aware that if you don't spade your kitty (if it's a female) or get it neutered if it's male then it can be increasingly hard to to keep in at night and it could result in either kittens or worse cat aids.

Wolffia
08-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Poor kitty :(
fleas can be nasty to get rid of, so after you give him the flea medicine, be sure to vacuum everything and spray down all the fabric/furniture your cat's been around.
Have you had your kitty vaccined or anything? If you haven't, it's a good idea to have a vet check up anyway, to make sure he doesn't have any lurking viruses incubating and to help ensure overall health in the long run.
I'm a cat lover too, so i hope your kitty is feeling better soon! ^^

ChickenHeart
08-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't think that spray did much, i looked at it earlier and it still had some fleas in, are there any things i can buy at shops that are useful? I'm thinking of doing a huge clean on monday so hopefully get something to get rid of these fleas before then. And it's getting vacinated in 2 weeks.

Leeza
08-08-2010, 12:12 AM
The best thing for fleas is Advantage. You get it through a vet.