PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and Least Favorite Voices?

Forsaken Lover
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Well I did it for FFX. Might as well do it for the game with better voice-acting.

1a.Of the main cast, who had your favorite voice?
1b. Least favorite of the main cast?

2a. Of the side characters and antagonists, who had your favorite voice?
2b. Least favorite?

ChickenHeart
08-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Fran, her voice hit the right notes at all the right times
Ashe, for some reason her VA gave her so many gasps it made me want rip my ears off

Docter Cid, exactly what i expected, his voice suited his role
Larsa, his voice suited a 9 year old Larsa, not a 13 year old

Depression Moon
08-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Fran's got that sexy voice.

leftay
08-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Fran; she has a cool voice!
Ashe; too many weird gasps -__-

Gilgamesh!!!!!; his voice fits him really well imo
i can't think of a side character/villain whose voice acting i didn't like! :3

MikeL Valentine
08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Am I the only one that consider all the voices weird? Two things stand out the most in this game, the weird voices and the advanced english :p

If I was to pick a favorive voice though that would probably be Pinelo's, she's got a cute voice though nothing really special.

Vermachtnis
08-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Balthier, it was good a voice.

Fran, I didn't like the accent. Guess I'm all alone :c

Gilgamesh, he's freaking Bender.

2b. Least favorite?
Larsa, his voice is part of the reason I thought he was a girl.

Kenshin IV
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
This was an overall very well acted game.

Balthier and Dr. Cid really shined. Ashe, Vayne, Basch and Gabranth stood out as well.

I can't really think of one that was truly awful, but there was an issue with the recording for Vaan and Penello. Their voices weren't "bad" per se (especially not Penello), but they were talking too close to the mic or something.

Jessweeee♪
10-13-2010, 03:51 AM
I honestly can't think of a single voice I didn't like. FFXII probably had the best voice acting in the series.

2b. Least favorite?
Larsa, his voice is part of the reason I thought he was a girl.

I would be really weirded out if a girl that age sounded like what could be a full grown woman xD

Remon
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
All the Viera had excellent voices. They had that mysterious timbre about them. Out of them all I liked Mjrn the most, since she sounded the youngest.
As for the least favourite I guess it was Penelo. She sounded like she had the worse "flu" out of all the characters.
As for npcs I hated the Occurian voices the most which sounded like they had jelly stuck on their teeth.

Elskidor
12-29-2010, 03:44 AM
The acting is great, but some of the voices are annoying but I think that might have a lot to do with the characters and not the actor/actress' that lent their voices. Vann makes me cringe, but I don't blame the voice actor for a handling a poorly handled character. As for advanced english comment above...I think that was intended and it works well in Ivalice. I love listening to Ondore IV, or whatever the narrators name is. The voices fit the atmosphere and I think it's all really well done.

Setzer the Gambler
03-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Probably Balthier, he's got quite a charming voice.
Probably Fran, they butchered her voice so bad it hurts.

Gabranth (however you spell his name)
2b. Least favorite?
I can't really say, maybe the old man who always chokes and coughs?

Hollycat
03-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Fran- I loved the accent
vann- I hate him so much, I wanted to smash my ps2 when he was running around yelling "im basch fon ronsenburg

mjrn had a neat accent too
montblanc- because he DIDNT have any speaking, nor did any of the moogles. So sad
but really the bangaa, all of them

|-THE redmage-|
03-13-2011, 10:00 PM
1a. Basch
1b. Vaan

2a. Al-Cid
2b. There really weren't any other character voices i didn't really like, but if I had to pick one, I would say Venat because I don't think it sounded evil enough, maybe that's just me though.

Jiro
03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Balthier, it was good a voice.

Fran, I didn't like the accent. Guess I'm all alone :c

I agree with you Vermachtnis. You're not alone.

WhiteStorm
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Bash, Ashe and Balthier were my favs. Vaan and Fran (though I loved her look) were kind of annoying.

magemasher
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I liked all the main voices though that is generous to vaan.

Migelo was irritating and luckily rarely heard.

LunaRaven
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
In my opinion, the best voiced out of the entire cast was Dr.Cid, though really I can't think of anyone whose voice acting wasn't satisfactory. In the case of Vaan, yes he did sound annoying but Vaan is an annoying character written in an annoying way, ergo his voice suited him. Larsa at times sounded off(most likely because his voice actor is not British, and occasionally struggled with the accent. It also sounded a little out of place, seeing as Vayne's accent was a lot more subdued).

So following the OP's original format I would say:

1. Balthier(Gideon Emery did a marvelous job in being very exspresive with his voice)
2. Vaan(because even though the annoying whine suits Vaan, his voice was definately the least desireable out of the main cast)

1.Dr.Cid(I could hear the relation to Balthier)
2.Larsa(just because of the occasional awkward accent mishap and the overall odd effect of having Larsa's accent be so thick, but Vayne's so subtle).

Sum1sGruj
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Fran has a beautiful voice, and Balthier's brims with personality and wit.
I liked the voice acting in FFXII, except for a couple minor things like Ashe's super heaving breathing and gasps in some instances. I don't even need to say what it sounds like lol. Doctor Cid's voice is pretty awesome, and especially the voices of the judges., they're badass :up:

Tigmafuzz
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Balthier. He is the leading man, after all.

Vaan. Fucking Vaan.

Gilgamesh. John DiMaggio :D

2b. Least favorite?
Dalan. I loved the accent, but the voice just sounded so... forced. Or was it the other way around? Maybe I loved the voice, but the accent sounded too forced. Either way, the voice and accent didn't work well together. It was like if Morgan Freeman had been raised in Germany and tried to imitate Sean Connery.

Sum1sGruj
03-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Everybody hates on Vaan. Personally, I find his plight and voice adequate. We can't forget ages here., Vaan is young and so his voice would portray such. He isn't in his 30's like Basche :)

Jinx
03-12-2012, 04:01 AM
I hate this game, but Balthier's voice is creamy. Mmmm. I'd like a mouthful of that.

Tigmafuzz
03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
I hate this game, but Balthier's voice is creamy. Mmmm. I'd like a mouthful of that.
...What.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Balthier and Fran had the best voices, I reckon. Fran saying "Like proper kidnappers" was always one of my favourite lines. Just adorable. Balthier is just an excellent sound to hear, really.

I also don't think there's any truly awful voice acting, but Vaan and Penelo are probably my least favourite. But they're still not bad.

As for other characters, I'm not sure if I love or hate Reddas' voice. He takes both spots until I can decide. :D

krissy
03-18-2012, 04:40 AM
this was honestly, yeah, one of the best voice acting jobs ever done in video games
i love balthier and fran
i can't remember anyone i didn't like

James_Cub
11-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Fran, for everything everyone here has already stated. I actually saw the comparison the other day with japanese actors and thought that if had the played the japanese version, i probably would have grown to hate fran
cant really think of a bad main character voice, so i suppose ill have to go with penelo, just because i dont like her in general

i liked drace, gabranth, larsa, frans sisters and marquis ondore, vayne was nice too
i disliked migello and doctor cid's voices