PDA

View Full Version : NG+

Robostar
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I was wondering if there was a New Game + in this game? It sure would be sweet!

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Nope but that's not exactly a surprise. The big thing the game does has is that most of the post game content and the last stretch of the Crystanium (sp?) opens up only after you beat the final boss. So you do sorta get some kind of reward.

Skyblade
08-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Nope but that's not exactly a surprise. The big thing the game does has is that most of the post game content and the last stretch of the Crystanium (sp?) opens up only after you beat the final boss. So you do sorta get some kind of reward.

It's spelled Sphere Grid Mark 2 Crystarium

ShinGundam
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Exactly, most of game content is set in the 3rd disc so there isn't any point for NG+ in this game.
Corrected ;(

Mirage
08-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Third disc?

VeloZer0
08-09-2010, 03:30 AM
The Xbox version is multi-disc.
Always throws me off for a second when I see it too.

BG-57
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I find it odd that NG+ is too 'experimental' for the mainline FF titles. It's in Chrono Cross and FFX-2, which adds immensely to the replay value.

Jessweeee♪
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Well there isn't really much use for it in the others! In FFX-2 you could keep your goodies without being ridiculously overpowered. FFXIII probably would have had more use for it than previous main titles though.

BG-57
08-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Granted that games that incorporate NG+ usually have to be played through more than once to get the best ending, so replay is part of the design. But even with only one ending, it would be neat to be able to plow through say FFVII or FFVIII with top tier equipment and abilities on later playthroughs.

Chrono Cross has the best NG+ I've seen, carrying over levels and most equipment. But the real prize is Slow and Fast Forward buttons. And they are lifesavers, especially since you have to play through three times to recruit all characters.