PDA

View Full Version : THE LATEST IN BLACK BERRY MODESTY

Rodarian
08-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Introducing the Black Berry Burqa (http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/08/02/gulf-states-order-blackberry-users-to-cover-their-phones-in-a-tiny-burqa/)
Discuss the recent ban on Black Berry services in the UAE... I for one think its absolute smurf for them to do it but let their economy tank....

Laddy
08-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Er...what!? o_O

Raistlin
08-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Nevermind, it's a parody site. Amusing nonetheless.

EDIT: Was there really a ban on all Blackberry services? What about other cellphones?

EDIT2: Headline from the main page: "Mel Gibson to re-launch career with ‘What Women Want 2 – A Good Kicking’"

Agrias
08-08-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL

Rodarian
08-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes starting in October, there will be a country ban on BB services. Its thought that the secured services that BB provides gives ground for exchange of illegal information and what not...

Shlup
08-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I need to get one of those for my dad's Blackberry. Need.

In fact, I think I will sew one tomorrow.

UAE can do whatever they want as long as I don't have to live there. *shrug*

Bunny
08-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Aren't they currently in discussion to avoid the Blackberry ban? I thought they were trying to avoid it by coming to some sort of deal with servers and whatnot.

I don't know for sure.

Rye
08-09-2010, 04:26 AM
I need to get one of those for my dad's Blackberry. Need.

In fact, I think I will sew one tomorrow.

UAE can do whatever they want as long as I don't have to live there. *shrug*

I thought all of those things too. XD Except my Dad has no blackberry...

Rodarian
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Aren't they currently in discussion to avoid the Blackberry ban? I thought they were trying to avoid it by coming to some sort of deal with servers and whatnot.

I don't know for sure.

There are delays... But the primary issue is avoid gov. intrusion on corporate business and what not.

Its not about living there and facing the ban... ALL BB owner would face a disconnection of their BB service when they land in UAE. There local service would fill the gap but that means that they can check into your information.

Peegee
08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey UAE, meet China. ASL China? I'm reminded of world of warcraft when farmers would ask you 'u china?' But if I say I'm china does it mean I'm from China? I live in Canada :(

UAE will end up heavily controlling the content that BBs send. It's possible since MSN does it. YAY michaelsoft

http://osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Michaelsoft-Binbows.jpeg

Chris
08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
EDIT2: Headline from the main page: "Mel Gibson to re-launch career with ‘What Women Want 2 – A Good Kicking’"
How awful, and they should totally cast Whoopi as his love interest and defender.

Peegee
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
How awful, and they should totally cast Whoopi as his love interest and defender.

I was thinking of this movie the other day and wondered whether such a curse would actually help you get laid. If anything you'd go crazy imoasl