PDA

View Full Version : entered contests?

Agrias
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I've entered a contest to win a walk on role in mad men and I would be very grateful if you would take two minutes to vote for my photo.
Mad Men Casting Call - Enter The Contest - AMC (http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/6P9LF1)

That having been said, have you entered or won any contests?

Inferno
08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Voted !

Peegee
08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I've won a 50:50 prize once, and I usually will win ridiculous nonsense in 'for fun' contests, but nothing that paid for more than my gas money for the week xP

Does gambling count?

Bunny
08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I think [name removed by email request - BoB] is going to win that contest with over 77000 votes. :(

I've entered a couple contests here and there but never won any of them.

Chris
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Erm, I think I entered a contest once, but I could hardly have won, as I would have remembered that. I don't like contests, and especially not the ones I have no chance of winning.

Rantz
08-09-2010, 08:20 PM
How could I not vote for someone with three legs?

Iceglow
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
You got my vote ;)

That being said the only competition I ever entered and won was a competition on Kerrang Radio in 2004. The question asked was "what is the name of Linkin Park's drummer" it was multiple choice and only one of the 3 answers was a Linkin Park band member, it was very easy. I won 2 weekend passes to Download Festival 2004, when I got the call telling me I'd won I was like "...lol whut?" for a minute before letting out the most hardcore scream of hell yes! ever

Christmas
08-10-2010, 02:17 AM
I voted! And I wanna be a citizen of the banana republic! :kaoclove:

black orb
08-10-2010, 02:22 AM
>>> Placing bets count as a contest?..:luca:

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2010, 04:47 AM
I voted for you!

Agrias
08-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Hey thanks for helping me out guys!! :D

I think the only contest i've ever won was the skip rope competition in grade 4. I won a bag of chips. They werent the cheap kind either, they were the expensive kind.

Shlup
08-10-2010, 06:02 AM
I've never won anything ever. Except for Ciddies. Which may be sadder than just not winning anything.

Voted.

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Oh, I've won a battle of the bands before. :cool:

escobert
08-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I never win anything. and I voted!

Bunny
08-10-2010, 06:53 AM

Rock Band contests don't count.

Shiny
08-10-2010, 08:02 AM
That would be cool if you were on Mad Men. I could see you on a show like that. With that said, I probably have entered contests and most of them have probably been against my will. Can't remember any particular ones at the moment, but I have won something before.

EDIT: Is it just me or does it look like you have three legs in that picture?

Rantz
08-10-2010, 08:36 AM

How could I not vote for someone with three legs?

Oh, and as for the topic! I've won a few things :D

Dance contest in like, 4th grade. Me and the girl I was dancing with won it together. We got candy for a prize!
Won a "make a face" contest and got second place in another (I had my face published in a nation-wide kids magazine!)
Drag beauty pageant. The prize was glory.

Man, looking at that list, I should've been an actor or something... or gay.

Levian
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I once correctly guessed the amount of chocolate gold coins in a jar once. However, I had to split the gold coins with another kid because he was the second closest. I felt cheated. :mad2:

missaira
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
my best friend and i entered a water safety jingle competition three years ago. we were national finalists in the 15-18yo category :)

our jingle (which simply replaced the words of our school song :p) went thusly (sp?):

we'll swim in the rivers, we'll swim in the sea
we'll swim in the places that we love to be
the water's our home, we can stay in all day
but follow the rules, or else you will pay

(tinkly piano solo)

lifesavers and sunscreen, we think they're the best
stay between the flags, and they'll do the rest
when jumping in rivers look out for the logs
and be sure to be careful when swimming near rocks

the days that we spend in our pools in the sun
are the days that we cherish, for we have great fun
but don't ever dive in the shallow end
or ever go swimming without a good frie-e-end!

we'll swim in the rivers, we'll swim in the sea
we'll swim in the places that we love to be
the water's our home, we can stay in all day
but follow the rules, or else you will pay

Iceglow
08-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I suppose I may have been wrong in my initial post in this thread, that was the second competition I entered and won. The first one was more of a "first past the post" thing but I guess it counts. I won vip meet and greet tickets to Disturbed when I was only 17, it was my first ever gig and Disturbed at the time was like my favourite band ever in the world. I had to laugh however because I was in an over 18's club at the time. Good job I look older than I am and have done since I was 14! xD

NorthernChaosGod
08-11-2010, 01:52 AM

You're just jealous that I can play instruments and you can't.

Agrias
08-12-2010, 06:08 AM

Also, no, i have two legs and the extra "leg" is my husbands arm... >.>

Bunny
08-12-2010, 06:41 AM

Says who?

qwertysaur
08-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Try playing <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_CyHRqvbT0&feature=related">this</a> then :p

I won a few contests for being good at Math :bigsmile:

Shiny
08-12-2010, 06:55 AM
I remember some of the contests I won now. The stupidest one was in fourth grade where like 80 percent of the class was missing for some reason so the teacher decided to not teach and play games instead. We played eraser tag where you have to keep an eraser perfectly balanced on your head while you try to quickly escape from people trying to tag you without dropping the eraser. I ended up being the last one standing. I even had to beat the teacher. Hairstyle and my head shape probably had a lot to do with it. I was also the only girl in the class so I ended beating a bunch of boys. The teacher was a big tall dude.

NorthernChaosGod
08-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Says who?

Me.

Freya
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I voted!

I won a Mtn Dew Game fuel, WoW Messanger Bag? When they were doing their in game promotional thing. I do like my bag :D

Fujiko
08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Dance contest in like, 4th grade. Me and the girl I was dancing with won it together. We got candy for a prize!
Won a "make a face" contest and got second place in another (I had my face published in a nation-wide kids magazine!)
Drag beauty pageant. The prize was glory.

Man, looking at that list, I should've been an actor or something... or gay.

This reminds me: Lissa and I have yet to ask your mother for that tape, Rantz. :radred: