PDA

View Full Version : Demon Gate

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Alright, this has been bugging me for ages. Why in god's name does everyone in this forum seem to have problems with this boss? I usually completely forget about him after I've taken him down and forgot all about him til I came to this forum and had people talking about how tough and mean he is. Even replaying the game not long again, I whupped his sorry ass like it was no problem so can someone please tell me why so many people have a hard time with this guy? :confused:

VeloZer0
08-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't really understand either. Possibly because you are forced to use Aeris, who may be brutally under leveled? Though by the end of the temple she shouldn't be that far behind.

Fun Fact: Demon Wall is the first boss in the game with more than 9999 HP.

Vermachtnis
08-10-2010, 06:19 AM
This isn't the Final Fantasy IV forum. :P

Levian
08-10-2010, 06:25 AM
You can get away with being underlevelled up until you meet Demon Wall, and if your Aeris is even weaker than your underlevelled characters, then you're going to meet trouble with Demon Wall. I guess you were levelled well ;)

He's a breeze if you're on good levels, have a good aeris, and climhazzard or something better with Cloud.

escobert
08-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah if you're underlevelled he's a huge pain otherwise he's a piece of cake.

Xurts
08-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah because most people don't use Aeris at all until they're forced to at that point. I hated the temple of the ancients because I had to drag her along. Had to grind those bees in the area before demon wall to make her suitably strong.

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm starting to see what the problem is... :eep:

I actually did use Aerith and I still use her despite knowing her fate, her limit breaks actually offer a bit more strategy than the rest of the party. I appreciate that and basically keep her in my party cause Fury Brand is a boss killing move...

escobert
08-10-2010, 08:38 AM
yeah, I never use her unless I have to.

Christmas
08-10-2010, 08:56 AM
It creeps me out so much that I dun even dare to select the attack command. :(

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100512190405/finalfantasy/images/thumb/b/b3/DenmonsGateffVII.png/200px-DenmonsGateffVII.png

Look at its head, it's like a giant penis with sharp teeths. :kaocry2:

Carl the Llama
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
His name is Demons Gate not Demons Wall.

I had trouble with him the first time I played the game cause I was seriously underleveled on all my characters (it was after all my very first RPG) since then I have never had a problem with him.

Saber
08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Demon Gate got me cause he had devastating physical attacks and really harms me quickly. Now n' days I find him a breeze but I use to have trouble with Materia keeper, The dragon on the cliff to the northern cave (Shizno?) and the robot guy on the way to the submarine to get the huge materia.

oddler
08-10-2010, 06:09 PM
If I remember correctly, Demon's Gate is much faster than most bosses up to that point and can kill a character with one hit when it uses that attack where it drops a rock on their head. xD The difficulty jump at that point in the game is skewed pretty badly. Of course, that depends on how overleveled you are like a lot of people said.

Now n' days I find him a breeze but I use to have trouble with Materia keeper, The dragon on the cliff to the northern cave (Shizno?) and the robot guy on the way to the submarine to get the huge materia.

Except for the Materia Keeper, I agree with you. Especially with that Cargo Robot thingy. :mad2:

Levian
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Demon Gate got me cause he had devastating physical attacks and really harms me quickly. Now n' days I find him a breeze but I use to have trouble with Materia keeper, The dragon on the cliff to the northern cave (Shizno?) and the robot guy on the way to the submarine to get the huge materia.

That's pretty much spot on all the bosses I had trouble with on my very first playthrough. Add Rapps to that as well.

Hollycat
08-10-2010, 08:25 PM
.... I never considered him a boss, then again, I never considered the airship in ff9 disk 3 to be a boss either...

Raistlin
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I never use Aeris because I dislike her character, but I'm usually leveled enough at that point that Demon Wall doesn't pose much of a challenge.

Jiro
08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
I've never had a problem with Demons Gate, tbh. But Materia Keeper on the other hand :argh:

Elly
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
i've never had trouble with Demon Gate, but of course i'm always leveled properly for it, as for Materia Keeper the only problem i have with it is staying idle long enough without attacking back in order to learn it's Trine Skill, then i just casualy wipe it out like anything else in my path... honestly the only Demon Wall that has ever given me trouble would be the one from FFXII, since it moves along that bridge it essentialy has a timer on it, and if you don't defeat it before the wall reaches the door it's "Game Over", i really hate timers on my combat...

Loony BoB
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I had trouble with him, if I remember rightly, because Aeris is an annoying whore.

Stecloud
08-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I really struggled with him on my first playthrough, but on subsequent games haven't found him so bad. I'm just playing through FFVII at the moment, and the last boss I bbeat was the Materia Keeper. He gave me a lot more trouble than usual, so I'm a bit nervous about Demons Gate...

Clo
08-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I think Aeris is less annoying than "der der der" Tifa.

I only had problem with Demon Gate when I was under 10, because I lacked decent strategizing abilities back then. Now, I don't really see how he is hard -- just level up a little if you die the first time! No biggie!

escobert
08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
because once you chase the little dude around you can't level up. so you're stuck there.

qwertysaur
08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I've never had a problem with Demons Gate, tbh. But Materia Keeper on the other hand :argh:
same. Compared to the other possessed walls in Square Enix games, he is a joke :p

Especially the evil wall in Secret of Mana. That boss killed me so many times when I was 10 :cry:

Saber
08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
because once you chase the little dude around you can't level up. so you're stuck there.

You can level up in the hall that has the device in it. You know, the room with the drawings on the walls.

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2010, 05:42 AM
I think the only thing about the Materia Keeper that I found difficult was both waiting for Trine to be cast and not accidentally killing him before that, or the times I forget he's immune to Fire and I bring in my newly acquired Vincent and activate his first Limit Break form... :eep:

Masamunemaster
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I usually used nanaki and barret up til that point, then switched to barret and cid when I got him.....thats the only reason for me

Raistlin
08-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I think the only thing about the Materia Keeper that I found difficult was both waiting for Trine to be cast and not accidentally killing him before that,

Haha, yes. I always tried to get Trine here, and the waiting could get annoying.

or the times I forget he's immune to Fire and I bring in my newly acquired Vincent and activate his first Limit Break form... :eep:

I rarely used Vincent after my first playthrough, but that would be pretty funny.

DarkBahamut
09-05-2010, 02:08 AM
It creeps me out so much that I dun even dare to select the attack command. :(

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100512190405/finalfantasy/images/thumb/b/b3/DenmonsGateffVII.png/200px-DenmonsGateffVII.png

Look at its head, it's like a giant penis with sharp teeths. :kaocry2:

Hahahahaha xDDDBut honestly, never died, never had trouble on this guy. Of course, he looked scary. But the battle itself was easy as hell.