PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Question

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2010, 06:40 PM
There is a bit of drama going on in my family and I need to know how to make sure people don't see certain things.

The scenario:

My cousin has made a secret facebook account so she can say whatever she wants without people jumping on her. She posts about how she feels and I comment with advice from time to time. The thing is, in the News Feed, you can see things like "So-And-So commented on This Person's status!" and it'll show the comment and the status.

I think the status may be obscured from view with the proper privacy settings, but how do I hide my comment from this person's view? They are on my friend list (deleting is not an option), and I want my friends to be able to see my stuff, just not when I'm posting on someone else's status. Is there a setting that I or the other person can manipulate?

Short version:
A and B are on my friend list. They are not on each other's friend list. What do A and I have to do so I can comment on A without B seeing in the News Feed?

Levian
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM
There's nothing you can do. A has to set his status updates, and everything else, to being viewable by friends only. You can however "remove" things on your profile. It won't be gone from A's profile, but it'll be gone from the log at your profile. Of course, the first method is much more convenient.

Some things are set to being viewable by friends of friends by default, and those are the things that B would be able to see, so just change everything that has friends of friends on it.

Carl the Llama
08-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Instead of commenting on their wall why don't you PM them your advice? That's what I would do in a delicate situation.