PDA

View Full Version : The Day the Earth Stood Still

Shlup
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Someone posted on my Facebook wall yesterday (it was my dad, but I'm sick of talking about him so I'm going to pretend it wasn't) that they were watching the doctor who delivered the Infant Shlup on the Smithsonian channel. I guess his name was (is?) James Van Pelt, the navigator on The Bockscar, which dropped the "Fat Man" on Nagasaki 65 years ago yesterday.

My mom replied with "My OBGYN was a WWII Navagator. Not something I was looking for when I chose him," which immediately turned my mind to comparing my mother's birth canal to an a-bomb site.

Weird.

I was born at 2:55am on a Monday after just two hours of labor. I was a normal-sized baby, but my head was a bit large and the doctor had to snip my mom's tra-la a bit to get me out. Without drugs. In 1983, I guess dad's still didn't go in the delivery room. Or at least mine didn't. He might've just been too high or something though.

A few years after I was born they turned that hospital into a rehab center.

Tell me details about the day you were born.

Raistlin
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
my head was a bit large...

A bit?

A few years after I was born they turned that hospital into a rehab center.

You had a lasting effect, I see.

I don't remember many small details I've been told about my day of birth (time, etc.). I do remember that I was 8 pounds, 6 ounces. I was also an emergency C-section because my mom had some complications, and because of those complications and the fact they weren't expecting a C-section, I had problems with my heart and breathing which resulted in me being put on a heart monitor for two weeks (where they quite amusingly didn't spot my heart murmur, though a doctor with a simple stethescope heard it when I was 13).

Peegee
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
You're going to love this:

When I and my brother were born, we both suffered birth complications leading to cerebral aneurysm!

I was an 8 lbs baby ^_^

Raistlin
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Brain damage would explain a lot about you.

Rodarian
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
On the night of June 7th my mama and pa attended my cousins 2nd Bday..At the tail end of it , my thought she was having indigestion...Turns out its me coming at two weeks early than schedule....

So there she goes to the hospital... I was born early morning...at seven pounds I believe...

The first thing my mama saw about me as an infant was that I had a huge nose....:colbert:

Thank goodness that's not the case now... XD

Peegee
08-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Brain damage would explain a lot about you.

Oh that was an original retort. Did mandee make that up for you to say?

Shlup
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah, Rod reminded me: When I was being born my Nana was at my great grandpa's funeral. He was my last living great grandpa, so I never met any of them.

ETA: Srsly, PG, Raist is all up on the obvious jokes today.

rubah
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I was delivered by cęsarian section at 7:01 AM. I was kinda a douche as a fœtus.

Bunny
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I was not birthed. I happened.

Peegee
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh yeah, Rod reminded me: When I was being born my Nana was at my great grandpa's funeral. He was my last living great grandpa, so I never met any of them.

ETA: Srsly, PG, Raist is all up on the obvious jokes today.

Maturnal grandfather died when mommy was 17. Paternal died when I was 5.5-6, maybe 7. I don't know.

Nobody tells me when people die. I didn't know that an uncle and a..grand uncle (grandmother's brother) died until months later.

PS: stop blaming him for your bad jokes.

G13
08-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't remember much but there was a lot of screaming and some asshole spanked me. I told him "I'm not into that :bou::bou::bou::bou:, bro!" and he gave me to the screaming woman. I swore revenge on him that day.

I dumped on the doctor so he handed me to the intern and I took a leak on him... because I'm a rebel! :mad2:

Rantz
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
When I escaped from the moist embrace of the vulva, the earth shook and there was a hellish laugh from below that was heard from China to Sahara. Fiery the angels fell, and deep thunder rolled around the shores, but most ominous of all... that night, Oprah was cancelled.

xXsarahXx
08-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I was born on October the 15th, right in the middle of the worst storm Britain has seen :D An omen? Maybe so Muhahahahahahahahahaha.

Thats all I know, unfortunately my mum died 10 years back and my dads too drunk to ask details about how I came into the world.

~*~Celes~*~
08-11-2010, 12:12 AM
my mom went into labor at 2 am and my dad, who was playing NES Zelda at the time, said "I'll take you to the hospital after this dungeon." Is it any wonder i'm a gamer? :D

I was born at 8:03 am on Sunday, September 9th, 1990. My mom heard another woman in the maternity ward was in labor the same time as her, and so she worried about the other woman the whole time she was in labor with me cause she sounded worse off xD

Fun fact: A kid I graduated with was born the same day as me only two hours earlier than I was. Every birthday, we share the same joke: "happy birthday! you stole my birthday!" 'tis awesome.

Also the whole time my mom was pregnant, I kept my legs crossed so they didn't know what i was until i was born.

Momiji
08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I was delivered by cęsarian section at 7:01 AM. I was kinda a douche as a fœtus.

Oh hey, so was I.

My mom got sliced open on February 9, 1990, and I was considered removed and born at 3:32pm.

Christmas
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I was hatched from a tiny little egg. :bigsmile:

http://hibla.com/hibla-news-images/hibla-strangeworks-egg-birth2-t.gif

rubah
08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
well, also, I didn't even let her get a good night's sleep before.

Madame Adequate
08-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I was not born. I am eternal, here in the darkness before the beginning and after the end. Watching. Always.

I was born at about 5:20pm. My mother was 16. I was lots of lbs of baby, lul.

Aurey
08-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Born sometime in the morning July twenty-second, I have no clue what time specifically.

There was a massive thunderstorm while my mom was in labour, which is only slightly notable because for a long time I had astrapophobia. It was a pretty short and relatively painless labour, as my mom had done it several times before and was pretty much a pro (not like Michelle Duggar tho, my mom is not a cray cray peasant baby maker tyvm).

Shlup
08-11-2010, 01:04 AM
EoFF has a high percentage of people who were not actually born.

I am not surprised.

Also, my birth certificate says I was born at 2:55pm, which is incorrect. Makes me wonder what else on it could be wrong... :o

Christmas
08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
You are my long lost sister.

Madame Adequate
08-11-2010, 01:22 AM
EoFF has a high percentage of people who were not actually born.

I am not surprised.

Also, my birth certificate says I was born at 2:55pm, which is incorrect. Makes me wonder what else on it could be wrong... :o

Your name is actually Emphysema Theodosia Siguršardóttir. :bigsmile:

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Late in the evening on 07/20/1985 my mother told my father she was in labor. He figured she knew because she'd had a kid before, even though I was 2 weeks early. They went to the hospital and her water hadn't broken and she wasn't dilating. So they waited and waited then got tired of waiting and induced labor. I was born at 6 a.m. on July 21, 1985. I was purple, and wrapped in a caul, which is supposed to mean I'm Captain America or something.

Also I pooped on my mom.

Bunny
08-11-2010, 01:48 AM
When birthed into existence from The Great One, I weighed approximately 10 pounds, 2 ounces.

I have since gained five pounds.

Clo
08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
I came out of the ocean foam riding on a seashell, and there were some cherubs flying around me while I did this too.

I actually know surprisingly little about this event, except that my mom had a C-section (she had one for all three of her children, because she sucks at giving birth), and she likes to show me her C-section scar, which is really gross. Seriously.

Also, I was a normal weight (6 lbs? 7? Like I know) and I had a lot of hair on my baby head. My grandparents went around telling the nurses/extended relatives that I looked like a Puerto Rican baby.

This is what I know, and it's not fun.

Laddy
08-11-2010, 03:28 AM
I was born on Nivember 3rd, 8:42 PM. My sister came out at 7:38, my mom said I was a very tiny baby. :bigsmile:

I'm a rare one seeing as I have O blood type while my twin sister has B. :O

Jiro
08-11-2010, 03:33 AM
I was however many weeks premature (inb4 jokes) and there were complications and I wasn't all that healthy but FUCK YOU DOCTORS I LIVE

~*~Celes~*~
08-11-2010, 03:33 AM
oh that reminds me! http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs095.snc3/16254_198815849404_513259404_2985356_7124306_n.jpg i was the reddest baby out of all of my mom's babies.

Laddy
08-11-2010, 03:38 AM
oh that reminds me! http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs095.snc3/16254_198815849404_513259404_2985356_7124306_n.jpg i was the reddest baby out of all of my mom's babies.
Awww baby Kari~ <3

Jiro
08-11-2010, 03:47 AM
O+ or -, Laddy? WE COULD BE BLOOD BROS

escobert
08-11-2010, 05:58 AM
September 14th 1985 at 4:31 am. I was a week late and my dad wouldn't let anyone hold me. that's about all I know. My mom used to say that when she left the hospitol my dad gave her a ride home in his new girlfriends car are there were roach clips hanging from the mirror. also he has a cut off Jack Daniels shirt and cowboy hat on. Yes my dd is that badass.

Rodarian
08-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Off topic but relevant..

I think the closest a guy has come to feel labor pains and giving birth is when he constipated and having to push the log out from the tiny ahole....

Pussssssh Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhh Pussssssssssssh

G13
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
:|

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Off topic but relevant..

I think the closest a guy has come to feel labor pains and giving birth is when he constipated and having to push the log out from the tiny ahole....

They say passing a kidney stone is the closest we'll get to experiencing the pain of labour.

Interesting fact: the G-spot reduces pain during labour by 60%! (some random thing I came along, is it accurate? *shrugs*)

As for me? My mom went into labour at 7:00pm, I was born at 7:43pm. The doctor told my mom when she was pregnant with my sister that, "she was made for having babies." Needless to say, it was a natural birth and I was born an average weight. My dad was the first to hold me, after the doctor, apparently.

Breine
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I was born around 8:00AM on the 17th of June, 1988. Apparently my mom was in labour for a day or something, and when I was finally born I had bad case of jaundice - so they kept me at the hospital for days, giving me shots and stuff. The right side of my face was also droopy since a nerve wasn't functioning well or something. As a result especially my underlip was crooked in the right side, which meant that I wasn't able to smile or cry without my mouth being obviously crooked for many years of my childhood.
The doctors also thought I'd never be able to talk, and would be "slow" so to speak - I didn't start talking until I was 1.5 to 2 years old. My mother's dad died thinking I'd never be able to have a "normal" life, and apparently one of the last things he told my mom was: "Take care of my boys (me and my brother), and especially take care of little Kristian and love him no matter what".

..oh, and I also had a really big forehead as a baby.

Laddy
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
O-!

Christmas
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM

This looks like something straight from some naughty movies. :bigsmile:

Jiro
08-11-2010, 01:01 PM
O-!

GODDAMMIT LADDY HOW DO I CHANGE MY BLOOD TYPE :weep:

Loony BoB
08-11-2010, 01:03 PM
OBGYN wtf

EDIT: I think I was born an hour before I was born (DST kicked in and I lived the hour before my time of birth again). Something like that...

Shorty
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I was born around 10:30am on October 13th, 1988. I have no idea how much I weighed.

My mom was in the hospital for a couple of days and wasn't allowed to eat anything for some reason, and as soon as she popped me out, she had my grandma go get her a frozen chocolate banana. Her arms were stiff and sore the next morning from falling asleep while holding me - she wouldn't let the nurses take me from her.

Sidenote: While she was pregnant with me, she had a dream about a little red-headed girl named Sarah (me) sitting on a stool talking to her, and that's where I got my name.

boris no no
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I was 5 weeks early, born 12 minutes before my sister. I tried to breath before I was out so breathed in whatever gunk is in the womb so I was blue when I actually came out ^^ my dad thought I was dead and threw up everywhere :D
I was put in a brand new incubator, I was the first baby in it. I was ok after a day or so ^^

I think I was 3lbs or something :redface:

then 5 years later on the same day Rye was born :O