PDA

View Full Version : About Lost Odyssey...

KentaRawr!
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, I've been playing it for a little bit now, and I'm curious about something. Were the translations for the cutscenes and the NPC text done by different people? o_o

When you're in the Witch's Hut, I was a little confused when Cooke and Mack started singing that lullaby. However, I soon realized that the poem I was piecing together throughout the area was probably the poem they were singing, but I seem to remember the words being totally different. Then, another time, when Cooke and Mack found out about the Violet stream from the old lady, it was later referred to as the Purple stream by the same character when it was just text. But when that character appeared in a cutscene again, she called it the Violet stream!

So, yeah! Were the translations for the cutscenes and the NPC text done by different people?

Ouch!
08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't recall these discrepancies, but I imagine that it's very reasonable to assume that because the localization was done by an entire team, not merely an individual, that the translation may have been divided as such. Still doesn't mean there shouldn't have been someone (or multiple someones) looking for such errors, but such things happen even in the best of localizations.