PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Radio Edits for "Candy Man" (Angrilera)?

MJN SEIFER
08-11-2010, 10:32 PM
There is a fairly old song by only a couple of years (one I have no general opinion of) by Christina Angrleria (most likeley selled wrong) called "Candy Man", I have heard it on the TV, the readio station I used to listen to and the Radio Station I currently listen to. None of them edited any of the lines - you know when they edit out swears and the like.

Anyway, I listened to another station in a mall/shoping center (can't remember) and Cany Man came on, and suddenly it's gotten a radio edit - I have yet to hear it anywhere else to see if it wasn't exclusive to the mall/centre, but the parts that have been edited have no reason as far as I can see.

Firstly the line "he makes my cherry pop" is now just music - does this line mean somthing I don't get? Because I can't see why it should be removed from the radio.

Second, the line "...with a real big gun" has been changed to "...with a real *fwitt-few!*" which makes even less sense - infact when I told my mum, she thought that this version actually sounds more risque...

Can anyone shed light on this please?

Rad Bromance
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah on XM Radio's Pop 2K station they edit out "Makes my cherry pop" and "makes the panties drop" and replace it with obnoxious trumpet playing. Funnily enough, on our local public radio that you don't have to pay for, it plays without any edits. o__O

rubah
08-14-2010, 12:13 AM
A cherry is euphemistic for virginity, more specifically (but less accurately), breaking of a hymen.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Got it thanks.

So does the line "with a real big gun!" contain any innuendo (I can hazzard a guess...) becuase as I said before, that is also replaced (even though its replacement "With a real *Fwitt-Few!*" still sounds dodgey...

Moon Rabbits
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, breaking a hymen with a gun is fairly gruesome.

Breine
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM

heh.

Anyway, thankfully such editing and censoring doesn't happen here.

Shoeberto
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
The one that irritated me was Keri Hilson's "Knocks You Down" having the word "ship" censored, because it presumably sounded like :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

The line was, "I was commander-in-chief on my pimp ship flying high." I was annoyed that the word "ship" was bleeped, but the word "pimp" was left in without any kind of fuss. Seemed like a ridiculous standard.

Mirage
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM

heh.

Because old people in our countries don't have the english fluency to actually notice what's being said, especially not when they don't even listen to it a lot.

Rad Bromance
08-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I think it's funny when they play "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas on the regular radio and they censor out "satellite" when the song says "here we go here we go satellite radio". :D

Breine
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM

heh.

Because old people in our countries don't have the english fluency to actually notice what's being said, especially not when they don't even listen to it a lot.

What about us just being way more liberal? :P