PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy Song(s)?

TheHGirl
08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I was wondering what everyone's favorite Final Fantasy song is?!

After watching the Distant World's tour in Chicago I couldn't help but to fall in love with Susan Calloway's voice, she sings such a beautiful version of SUTEKI DA NE <3 YouTube - &#x202a;XIV. SUTEKI DA NE - IT'S WONDERFUL FEAT. SUSAN CALLOWAY&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjkynBJIQ4&feature=related)

I was wondering if anyone had more song suggestions for me :love:

Shiny
08-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Moved

Please put all threads pertaining to Final Fantasy or video game music in this thread. Any other kind of music belongs in The Lounge.

@video: I like that version of the song a lot better than the original. As for favorite FF songs, too many to name, but I really love People of the Northpole and really most of the music from FFVII - FFX.

MJN SEIFER
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
By the time I've typed this, I'll have probably thought of many others, but here goes anyway;

These are in no real order, it's just as I think of them.

"Still More Fighting" FFVII - I dunno why I like this, I gues I just find it a cool tune it has the pace of a battle music, but also just sounds good as music on its own - it is one of the songs that "means" FFVII to me.

"Otherworld" FFX, Really sets the scene, and is proof that FFX can still live up to the previous FF games if appreciated - the full version has that "Next Gen, but still old school" feel to it.

"Aeris Theme", FFVII - Only played thrice in the entire game, but the second of these was incredably memorable to me. Still brings a tear to my eyes, not just because of that scene, but also because it's a tearful piece of music, at least it is to me.

"Semour Battle, FFX" - Again has the correct pace need for battle music, but also good as music on it's own. Could someone please tell me why Square didn't use if for every Seymour fight? They should have done...

"Clash on the Big Bridge" FFV - A bit like this really! This is clearly Gligamesh's music and it plays in most of his battles. It is fast enough for battle music, but also has a light-hearted touch to it. Which makes sense if you've played the game.

"Eyes on Me" FFVIII - It's all the things I like really... A nice romantic song, with deep meeningful, lyrics (which I still think had an extra meening), and it is the scene where Squall and Rinoa finally becomes a reality - I had been waiting for that moment all through my playthrough, but even I couldn't have dreamt it would be that romantic. Another tearful moment...

"Force Your Way" FFVIII - What is it with all the battle themes? I dunno, but it still has the usual pace and good sounds that went with all the others. Getting stuck on battles (which is based on leveling) is made easier with songs like this to listen too.

"Wicked Melody/Dark Messanger" FFIX - Wicked Melody is what initlally thought was Kuja's Theme, but it's not, despite the fact that it is asociated with him a lot (the actual track "Kuja's Theme" is a different song.) it has that cool, but evil type feel to it, that just fitted FF games brilliantly, and was absorbing for the games storyline. Dark Messanger is a remix of Wicked Melody, and is played while fighting Kuja for the final time - further proof that Wicked Melody is the "true" Kuja Theme - at least in my mind.

"The Prelude" Most FFs - It's nice peaceful, and relaxing and just what you need to prepare you for the journey that lies infront of you...

"Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec"(or something...)", FFVIII - as a kid, I thought the voices were saying things like "Evil..." which is a damn sight easier to type! Anyway, this is the parade music from FFVIII, a memorable scene, which is just so cool, in my opinion. I sometimes take my time in this section so I can hear the music, and also synch up the song to how I think it should go (this however means I have to make Squall walk very slowly when he is supposed to be saving Rinoa - very unbecoming of a Squall/Rinoa supporter! Then, again; those Igniouns really don't look like they ever intended to cause any harm at all...) Also, am I the only one who sees a touch of Michael Jackson in the dance steps for the parade? I am? Ok, just checking...

"One Winged Angel" - This is probably the first time I heard propper orchestiral music in a videogame. The whole song, just fits the battle perfectly, and you can tell that both it, and Super Nova were probably created at the same time...

"Vamo'alla Flamenco" - Just has nice setting, and matches the scene nicely, I would often "encore" the dual again, and again just to hear it more - I didn't care if the queen was impressed or not, I quite like Flamenco music anyway - and this is probably what got me into it.

"Most Chocobo Songs" - Always been a part of FFs that I remember, and although each of them are in someway different, the majority of them all work in a sense. The FFV ones have a nice feel to them, and one will forever remind me that "Final Fantasy is an RPG..." the FFVI one has a nice sound, and actually contains one singal song lyric; "Chocobo!" (which incidently is pronounced "Chock-ah-bo" here, so where FFX and onwards got "Choke-a-bo" from is beyond me...), FFVII's is actually a sample of a real song (or so the rumor goes, I haven't been able to confirm it...)

DD99
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Final Fantasy VI - Searching for Friends
Final Fantasy VI - Edgar and Sabin's Theme
Final Fantasy VI - Mog's Theme
Final Fantasy VI - Shadow's Theme
Final Fantasy VI - Kefka
Final Fantasy VI - The Returners
Final Fantasy VI - From That Day On...
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad 2
Final Fantasy VI - Kefka's Tower
Final Fantasy VI - The Decisive Battle