PDA

View Full Version : Sleep? That's hilarious.

~*~Celes~*~
08-12-2010, 10:13 AM
On my days off (which have been rather frequent lately, much to my chagrin, due to my measly $7.30/hour wage), you can usually find me staying up till 4-5 am doing lord knows what on the interwebz, then sleeping for a million hours to repeat the interwebz. I eat here and there, shower, and whatever else, but most of my time is gaming, interwebzing and sleeping.

SUBJECT: How do you spend your days off? :3

Jiro
08-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Doing assessment.

Zeldy
08-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I prefer spending my days off doing absolutely nothing, there's nothing more rewarding in my opinion. Although I'm like you, Celes, I have more days off than I have days 'in', but I'm only part-time and they were crafty and contracted me to only 4 hours, so I can't even complain!

This week I have only 6 hours, two 5-8 evening shifts (in a row too which sucks) @ a crap £4.83 p/h.

Nominus Experse
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
r32 dfas

Inferno
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I like to sleep a lot, then I get to a point where I feel guilty and force myself to get up

Psychotic
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Alternating between wanking, crying, and EoFF.

Rye
08-12-2010, 03:56 PM
:lol:

I spent my day off yesterday driving over 150 miles, nearly fighting some teat who almost crashed in to my car because for some reason they thought it was ok to cross over from the merging lane alllllll the way over to the left lane, where I was, without looking.

I also crafted, updated the blog, did day four of the 30 day shred, and played through year one of the new
version of dwarf fortress! :Jess:

oddler
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
A little bit of Nominus, a little bit of Psychotic.

Chris
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
On my days off (which have been rather frequent lately, much to my chagrin, due to my measly $7.30/hour wage), you can usually find me staying up till 4-5 am doing lord knows what on the interwebz, then sleeping for a million hours to repeat the interwebz. I eat here and there, shower, and whatever else, but most of my time is gaming, interwebzing and sleeping.

SUBJECT: How do you spend your days off? :3
Oh boy, why does that sound so disturbingly familiar? Pretty much how I spend my days.

Mo-Nercy
08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Playing video games, eating 'me' food (instant noodles cooked in my own unique way usually) or sleeping.

Raistlin
08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Usually sleeping and screwing around on the internet or reading. Days off are rare enough that I am generally too lazy to do much else.

Bunny
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
The same thing I do every day.

Rebellious Eagle
08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Playing video games, hanging with my friends, and doing nothing. Nothing beats it.

Raistlin
08-12-2010, 06:24 PM

TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

*ahem* Sorry, continue.

Peegee
08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
You'll find that as you grow up there's things that are mandatory:

- work
- groceries
- chores
- bills

Then there's the optional dailies that I do:

- exercise
- hanging out with friends
- getting drunk

When it's my day off, I don't do any of that. I sleep for 12-15 hours, wake up, eat, and then drool on the internet until I go back to sleep. As Zeldy hinted - when it's my day off, I don't do anything I do on the regular days.

boris no no
08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
unfortunately I have more days on than off - averaging at 45 hours a week :/ if I was paid hourly it would be awesome but blergh to fixed wage

Anyway, I normally do all the housework that's built up over the week, watch some telly, go on eoff, get stoned/drunk, go to the gym.

Shlup
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM
On Friday nights my friends come over and drink and smoke. On Saturday we sleep until, like, well into the afternoon and then our friends come back over and drink and smoke. On Sunday we lay in bed until we're too hungry to stand it anymore, then we bring food to bed and watch Netflix.

Clo
08-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Depends on where I'm staying. This summer I was at my parent's house so I could work this one job, and when I'm there I can't find much to do on days where I don't have work, seeing as how it's in the middle of bumsmurf nowhere, so I read a lot, play a lot of videogames, chat online/text a lot, and go to the beach.

When I'm up at the Falls, days off are very rare, and when they occur I sleep/drink/go grocery shopping/take walks/lounge around and joke around with friends all day/smoke/go on random adventures that take my fancy.

Breine
08-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I usually sleep in, do whatever chores that have to be done, and then just generally relax by doing all kinds of different stuff around the apartment.

Going for walks, and going downtown is also neat. It varies quite a bit.

black orb
08-13-2010, 01:48 AM
>>> All my days are the same..:luca:

Christmas
08-13-2010, 01:55 AM
I grow turnips and tomatoes in the garden. But if it's raining, I grow them in my toilet. :bigsmile:

I think I will send some of my home-grown turnips and tomatoes especially the one I grew in the toilet to everyone one day. :bigsmile:

Pheesh
08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Alternating between wanking, crying, and EoFF.

You can't do all three at the same time?

I drink lots of alcohol; I have band practice every weekend (where I also drink lots of alcohol); and/or sit around and do nothing.

~*~Celes~*~
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Guess I'm not the only uber-lazy person on my days off :bigsmile:

@Zeldy: I, too, am only part-time. :( I've been averaging 17-18 hours per week lately, a huge switch from the 35 1/2 hours they had me at in the beginning.

KentaRawr!
08-13-2010, 07:48 PM

TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

*ahem* Sorry, continue.

That is EXACTLY what I thought.

Anywho, I don't have a job, so I don't really have days off. But, during the school year I like hanging out at my friend's house and playing video games on weekends, if that counts.

Manny
08-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Tetris. :D

Rye
08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
One of my favorite things about office work is guaranteed weekends off, you only work 9-6 on M-F. So this weekend, I'm going to see if I can try yoga! I've been interesting in doing yoga as well as my running interval training/30 Day Shred training, because I want some good stretching and relaxation.

I dunno what else I'll do this weekend. I think I'm possibly signing up to be part of an artisan fair/farmers market that is next month.

Shiny
08-14-2010, 05:24 AM
I jazzercise.

Iceglow
08-14-2010, 07:09 AM
My days off are spent in any manner of way, sometimes I just chill out and play computer games or chat online all day, others I'll work out pretty much all day (until I'm so exhausted I collapse in to bed for a refreshing nap) or spend the day cleaning the flat up a lot, I like suffer from ocd about that and so cleaning even though I don't enjoy it has to get done at the very least once every couple of days. Today I'm feeling that once I finish cleaning the flat and the new tennants moving in at months end are gone (they wanna do some measurements) I will get a proper nap (because I've barely slept in the last 2 nights and it sucks) and then I will probably play games or chat to people online all night. Depends on my mood really. If I fancy the gaming option I game if I fancy just being sociable well thats cool too.

boris no no
08-14-2010, 11:10 AM
One of my favorite things about office work is guaranteed weekends off, you only work 9-6 on M-F. So this weekend, I'm going to see if I can try yoga! I've been interesting in doing yoga as well as my running interval training/30 Day Shred training, because I want some good stretching and relaxation.

I dunno what else I'll do this weekend. I think I'm possibly signing up to be part of an artisan fair/farmers market that is next month.

Have you tried pilates? It's not 'relaxing' like yoga but really good if you want to tone and stretch and stuff. I love it, but fall over all the time ; ;

ScottNUMBERS
08-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I hang out in a cave, pinching my nipples, awaiting the light warriors.

Christmas
08-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I hang out in a cave, pinching my nipples, awaiting the light warriors.

Is that the trendy way to masterbathe nowadays? :bigsmile:

I hope you dun get sore nipples. :bigsmile:

ScottNUMBERS
08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
They are extremely smurfing sore, I thought smashing my chin with candy canes might even me out but I was wrong.

Rodarian
08-16-2010, 08:52 AM
My sleep timings have altered somewhat.

I usually can sleep late and get up early...As long as I get a power nap in the afternoon. I'm good to go.

This hasn't always been the case though