PDA

View Full Version : Nina williams' age

Xalibar
08-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Has anyone noticed the discrepency in nina's age. In T1 she is 20, T2 she is 22. T3 takes place 19 years after T2. In her T3 bio and all others since then it says she woke up 15 years after T2 when the God of Fight was released and then four years later is when she participated in the T3 tournament. But in her T3 bio it still lists her age as 22 and carries on from that point in the future games even though it should have been 26. Did i just misread something or what?

qwertysaur
08-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Maybe she is sensitive about her age so she lies about it. :bigsmile:

Bunny
08-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Clearly she's The Highlander.

Meat Puppet
08-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Dude, nobody wants to bang a 26 year old.

Jessweeee♪
08-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Hmmm...maybe they injected her with anti-aging juice?!

qwertysaur
08-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Caution. Anti-aging juice will have common and serious side effects such as loss of appetite, narcolepsy, heightened sense of pain, constipation, diarrhea, joint pain, extreme fits of rage, sterility, purple skin, clumpy growths on elbows, memory loss, death, stroke, anemia, pica, paranoia, accelerated aging, decapitation, kleptomania, cravings for fish head soup, obesity, rapid weight loss, technophobia, patchy baldness, arthritis, every type of cancer known as well as several varieties currently undiscovered (yes, even females who take this can get prostate cancer), hernias, blood in stools, coma, spontaneous human combustion, bad breath, balding, hair growth, giantism, shrinking, sweating, blindness, loss of sense of smell, tooth decay, lupus, herpes, and paper cuts.

The Man
08-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Caution. Anti-aging juice will have common and serious side effects such as loss of appetite, narcolepsy, heightened sense of pain, constipation, diarrhea, joint pain, extreme fits of rage, sterility, purple skin, clumpy growths on elbows, memory loss, death, stroke, anemia, pica, paranoia, accelerated aging, decapitation, kleptomania, cravings for fish head soup, obesity, rapid weight loss, technophobia, patchy baldness, arthritis, every type of cancer known as well as several varieties currently undiscovered (yes, even females who take this can get prostate cancer), hernias, blood in stools, coma, spontaneous human combustion, bad breath, balding, hair growth, giantism, shrinking, sweating, blindness, loss of sense of smell, tooth decay, lupus, herpes, and paper cuts.It's not lupus. /obligatory

Anyway Wikipedia sez:
In the original Tekken, her age was initially stated as 20 years old, in Tekken 2 she was 22 and in Tekken 6, her age would chronologically be 44. However, in the 19 year gap that takes place between Tekken 2 and 3 both Nina and her sister Anna were cryogenically frozen slowing down the effects of aging. Thus according to the story line of the games Nina remains in her early-mid 20s.so make of that what you will

Levian
08-13-2010, 07:30 AM
This is what happens when fighting games try to have a storyline.

Christmas
08-13-2010, 07:39 AM
I think in games, how old they look matters more than how old they actually are! :bigsmile:

Breine
08-13-2010, 12:36 PM

xD

..and yes, Levian speaks the truth.

Fujiko
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Clearly she's The Highlander.

Inferno
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm living the worst year of my life

Xalibar
08-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Caution. Anti-aging juice will have common and serious side effects such as loss of appetite, narcolepsy, heightened sense of pain, constipation, diarrhea, joint pain, extreme fits of rage, sterility, purple skin, clumpy growths on elbows, memory loss, death, stroke, anemia, pica, paranoia, accelerated aging, decapitation, kleptomania, cravings for fish head soup, obesity, rapid weight loss, technophobia, patchy baldness, arthritis, every type of cancer known as well as several varieties currently undiscovered (yes, even females who take this can get prostate cancer), hernias, blood in stools, coma, spontaneous human combustion, bad breath, balding, hair growth, giantism, shrinking, sweating, blindness, loss of sense of smell, tooth decay, lupus, herpes, and paper cuts.It's not lupus. /obligatory

Anyway Wikipedia sez:
In the original Tekken, her age was initially stated as 20 years old, in Tekken 2 she was 22 and in Tekken 6, her age would chronologically be 44. However, in the 19 year gap that takes place between Tekken 2 and 3 both Nina and her sister Anna were cryogenically frozen slowing down the effects of aging. Thus according to the story line of the games Nina remains in her early-mid 20s.so make of that what you will

The wiki entry explains why the years she spent in cryosleep weren't added to her age, not the ones she spent out of it.

Iceglow
08-13-2010, 07:28 PM
clearly nina and anna got mixed up, anna is really the older one, nina is younger and when it comes to it would you really argue with her over a couple of years?

Xalibar
08-14-2010, 04:19 AM
@iceglow What?

Shattered Dreamer
08-14-2010, 12:51 PM
She is put in cold storage between King Of Iron Fist Tournaments 2 & 3.

Mo-Nercy
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
The wiki entry explains why the years she spent in cryosleep weren't added to her age, not the ones she spent out of it.
According to the bio I have (Tekken Zaibatsu (http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken5dr/profile.php?id=nina)), Nina is 24 as of T5. That means in T6, she'd be 25.

Tekken's 4, 5 and 6 occur right after one another - within about a year or two's time. Tekken 5's prologue picks up exactly where Tekken 4's epilogue left off. And Tekken 6 was announced by Jin less than a year after 5 finished. That's why Nina (and indeed everyone) has aged so little. Only between tournaments 2-3 does any considerable time pass.

Interesting Tekken tidbit Steve is Nina's son. :eek:
Oh, the failures of fighting game storylines. xD

If Namco could go back and redo the Tekken plotline, they probably wouldn't have made it so that so much time passed in between The Iron Fist Tournaments 2 and 3 (about 17-18 years or so) because all the old favourites are getting on in age because of the gap. Kazuya, Paul, Lee, Law, Bruce and Lei are all in their 50s. When you register that in your mind, you realise that these guys really shouldn't look and dress the way they do http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lee-chaolan-in-tekken-6.jpg. And Wang is over 100. No kidding. So you see, age is of no relevance in the Tekken universe. xD

Depression Moon
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Nina and Anna were in cryogenesis hence why they still look to be in their twenties when they're a little over 40.

Xalibar
08-15-2010, 12:58 AM
No, I'm pointing out that both nina and anna were only asleep for 15 years between 2 and 3 when they were awoken. but 3 didn't happen for another 4 years, they were both out of cryosleep for 4 years already before the beginning of T3. Those 4 years were not added to their age. They only spent 15 out of 19 years between 2 and 3 in cryosleep and the 4 years were not added to their age.

Bunny
08-15-2010, 04:39 AM
The Tekken wikipedia (http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Nina_Williams) site says the experiments went on for 19 years.

MJN SEIFER
08-15-2010, 05:03 AM

It can work (The "Soul" series for example) - the problem with the early Tekkens, is that they wouldn't include the storyline in game, so most of the time you'd see something and be all "WTF?" about it...

Christmas
08-15-2010, 05:14 AM
I think the storyline for King of Fighters isn't that bad either, as a matter of fact, they have a storyline since the first game? (KOF 94?) :bigsmile:

qwertysaur
08-15-2010, 05:18 AM
I like Arakune's story in Blazblue Calamity Trigger. Most of his choices are "Eat" or "Don't eat" :bigsmile:

Most people don't play fighting games for story.

Xalibar
08-15-2010, 05:25 AM
The Tekken wikipedia (http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Nina_Williams) site says the experiments went on for 19 years.

I'm aware of of what tekken wikia site says. But in t3 and t4 her in game storyline says the she only asleep for 15 years. Tekken wikia site is still a wikia site and I'm not sure where they got some of the characters birthdates and some t1 bios for the subbosses from T1 when there were none.

MJN SEIFER
08-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Most people don't play fighting games for story

Shame, really. I like to know what I'm fighting fo if that makes sense, I love storylines, and enjoy knowing the characters motives.

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
I think I finally see what you're trying to say Xalibar :D. And I have checked out an official bio page and confirmed that you're right in saying that Nina was asleep for 15 years.

Okay, so here's a rundown of the relevant bits of the Tekken timeline as I understand it:

- Tekken 2 ends, Nina enters cryogenesis at 22 years old.
- 15 years later, Ogre first appears; killing Jun Kazama which sets off a chain of events leading to Jin seeking refuge with his grandfather Heihachi Mishima. Nina is also brought out of cryogenesis at this time.
- 4 years after that, Tekken 3 is announced. By this time, Jin has mastered Mishima Style Fighting Karate and Nina also enters the tournament.

So your point is that Nina should be 26 at the start of the third tournament, and therefore, 30 as of Tekken 6, not 26. I must say I've never noticed this discrepancy before (not that it's very important, since it is a fighting game and generally, fighting game plotlines shouldn't be taken very seriously).

Anyway, I'd put it down to:
a) A honest mistake on Namco's part
b) Her T3 bio states that Nina was put under a trance by Ogre and controlled against her will to try and assassinate Jin during the tournament. It's possible that this continued to halt the aging process. It's pretty weak reasoning, but T5's final boss was a 100+ year old great-grandfather so at least there's another instance in which the aging process has been seemingly stopped or reversed in the Tekken series.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Whaaaaat, Lee is 50-ish?!

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Whaaaaat, Lee is 50-ish?!
Probably. It's kind of ambiguous since Namco haven't explicitly stated how much time passed between the fifth and sixth tournaments, but his last known age (as of T5) was 48. It can be assumed that at least a few months passed since Jin had the time to remilitarise the Tekken army and conquer the world and Kazuya had the time to go back to G Corporation and assume control. Most of the characters' default costumes are exactly the same as T5 and none of them look any older (and Wang still hasn't died) so I don't think it'd be more than a few years. If you also accept the Scenario Campaign in T6 as canon, it seems that Jin is in quite a hurry to summon Azazel so he could free himself of the Devil, so again, it wouldn't have been a long break between tournaments.

For someone who's so critical of fighting game storylines, I sure do know a lot about Tekken's. xD

Xalibar
08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes mo, thats what I was trying to say. But even under control of the fighting god, there's no reason it would have stopped her ageing. And jinpachi may have been kept alive because of the devil gene but his age still would've listed him as 100+ and not 50 or whatever.

Polnareff
08-21-2010, 09:06 PM

I beg to differ; Rival Schools and Darkstalkers are two good fighting games with exceptional storylines (I'd probably throw Fatal Fury in there too, but the horrible translation, ugh.)

I didn't read the thread past like the tenth response but I'm almost certain that in one of the games, Nina was put into a cryogenic chamber. But I don't know for how long.