PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to realize...

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
...that Aeris and Red XIII's coments in the Shinra Building ("I only know his name", "I hear no ones ever seen him bleed or cry") are actually about Sephiroth, not Rufus?

Embarrasingly it took me a couple of playthroughs to get.

Jaffer
08-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure they ARE about Rufus.

Crop
08-14-2010, 12:57 AM
...that Aeris and Red XIII's coments in the Shinra Building ("I only know his name", "I hear no ones ever seen him bleed or cry") are actually about Sephiroth, not Rufus?

What? They clearly are talking about Rufus. He just arrived and they're all looking out the window toward him, why wouldn't they be?

blackmage_nuke
08-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Are you talking about here? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbu87GSP3gU#t=16m0s) (he doest talk to the other party memebers in the vid so im not sure)

Because if so I think they might be talking about (the deceased) president shinra. You know like "oh shinra we hardly knew ye". It makes sense since Aeris and RedXIII are the two most likely to lament the death of anyone regardless of how corrupt they were in real life.

Also It makes sense that they might be talking about Sephiroth since Seph's sword is sticking out Shinras back.

Alternatively Rufus also makes sense since he's right outside the window and theyre about to fight him.

Out of curiosity what do Tifa and Barret say?

Clo
08-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, those comments ARE about Rufus. I've played the game 5+ times, they're definitely about him.

Christmas
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Embarrasingly it took me a couple of playthroughs to get.

I dun know, if they are meant for Rufus, I am pretty sure he is bleeding like hell after Cloud cut him so many times with that oversized sword. :bigsmile:

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Here's my two cents on the matter.

Sephiroth is suposed to be portrayed as some "invincible" character at this point in the game - That's why when the flasback ends abruptly Cloud automaically decides that he couldn't possibly have won against Sephiroth, because he was...Sephiroth.

The main focus on that scene is that Sephiroth is back, Rufus just happens to arrive at that time, but Aeris and Red XIII's coments are more focused on Sephiroth, I think. It matches him a lot better, I don't think Rufus really has a reputaition like that.

Barret and Tifa's lines DO refer to Rufus, however, but that kind of makes sense - Barret is obviously more focused on Shinra, he probably doesn't even care about Sephiroth at this point - his lines are "I hear he's been asigned somewere else", obviously about Rufus.

Tifa's lines are "I wonder what kind of person he is", that can't be about Sephiroth - she knows what kind of person he is...

Stecloud
08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
I definitely always thought that Aeris's comment was about Sephiroth, and thought it was quite ironic as you do actually see him bleed quite a lot (and is that a tear in his eye...? ;)) after you whomp him with Omnislash at the end. As far as I recall you don't see any other human characters bleed in this game, so turns out Aeris was wrong.

MJN SEIFER
08-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I definitely always thought that Aeris's comment was about Sephiroth, and thought it was quite ironic as you do actually see him bleed quite a lot (and is that a tear in his eye...? ;)) after you whomp him with Omnislash at the end. As far as I recall you don't see any other human characters bleed in this game, so turns out Aeris was wrong.

Well Shinra (his name is "Shinra", right?) definitely bled, which is strange as he was kiled with a Massamune blade (I would have to assume, maybe he wasn't).

I personally think the scene at the end where Sephiroth bleeds (and DOES have a tear in his eye) is supposed to refer to this scene - he's spending the final seconds of his life doing what no one has seen him do...