PDA

View Full Version : Most embarassing thing you've done for work purposes.

Iceglow
08-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok guys this is where I ritually embarass myself with a picture what makes me look more than a little sad. I did a photoshoot for work the other week and well, this is the result.

No my hair is not like that and the girl involved is a colleague of mine.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/greasepledgepack.jpg

So whats the most embarassing thing you've ever done for your job?

Agrias
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
So whats the most embarassing thing you've ever done for your job?

Gone in to work every day the past 9 months.

boris no no
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
When I used to work on a bar about 4 years ago I had to announce things at parties... and some people used to ask all sorts of weird crap :/

Yeargdribble
08-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I currently work as an accompanist. The choir director I work with is terribly incompetent. He spontaneously decided to have a performance of a song the choir had been working on at another campus.

I don't pack my keyboard (88-weighted keys with a set of pedals and a bench) with me every day I come to work. He didn't warn me I'd need it that day. He said he had one and it would be fine. This is where the nightmare begins... so I shall make a list of all of the fail that followed.

1. The keyboard he provided had only 44 keys, unweighted, not touch sensitive, and was lacking the range both on top and bottom for me to play the written accompaniments I'd been using.

2. He had no pedal for the keyboard. The songs all really needed a pedal to be played anywhere reasonable. Without it they were extremely choppy.

3a. No bench... a rolling office chair with arms instead. This seriously inhibited my elbows while trying to play.

3b. The wobbly keyboard stand he provided couldn't be raise to simply allow me to stand and play.

4. He didn't know how the keyboard worked but informed me that it had been set to transpose and he couldn't fix it. I was asked to transpose on the spot. I literally had to transpose from the key of F to the key of C# at his request. WTF!? I wasn't given time to try to figure out the keyboard settings either. It was "Oh btw, transpose to this key... 1, 2, ready go."

So I'm hacking my way through an accompaniment, trying to transpose while playing on tiny, crappy keyboard on a wobbly stand with no pedal while the arms of my rolly chair are blocking my elbows and I'm rolling around on the title. I managed... kinda.... but it was humiliating to me and some of the people were looking at me like they didn't know why I got a paycheck.

On the bright side, I've learned to anticipate his crap and have become pretty good at faking accompaniments in most keys to adjust if he throws something at me on a whim.

Mo-Nercy
08-14-2010, 12:59 PM
When I did some door-to-door sales back in the day, there was an instance when some hoons drove past me and egged me. Suit ruined. :(

Psychotic
08-14-2010, 01:21 PM
hahahHAHAHAHHAHAhAHHAhAhAhAHAHHAhAAAAhahHAhhAhuApihuAhuA

YOU PONCE

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH(A(HA(HAIHAPIHSAphuisaphusahuahAHAHAHAHAHAH

edit: could be worse, you could be Baloki.

Clo
08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Nothing too embarassing.

I used to get embarassed/angry back when I telemarketed, because some morons who worked for the company wouldn't update people's information after they called.

So occassionally I would call someone, ask for _______, and the wife/husband/child would go "But he's been dead for two years! We told you the last time you called!"

Rodarian
08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
@Steve: :eyebrow:

Nothing embarrassing yet....

Christmas
08-14-2010, 03:55 PM
This happened when I was doing relief teaching.....

Class is going on

Student A raises his hand.

Student A: "Teacher, Student B told me he poo poo-ed"

Class laughed.

Student B is embarrassed.

Restored discipline to the class and brought Student B to the BOYS toilet.

Got a spare shorts from one of the school staff and helped him to change. Yes, wiped his poo poo-ed butt too.

One of the male teacher who is too lazy to go to the staff's male toliet came in to relieve himself.

Saw me and the half-naked kid.

Awkward Slience.

Wave, apologize and left.

Put on the clean shorts for the little boy, consoled him and hold him hand to hand back to class.

<hr>

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/greasepledgepack.jpg

http://forums.eyesonff.com/picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=2019

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I haven't ever really had to do anything embarrassing for work, except I do have to bob my head like a retard when guarding the pools. But that's nothing really.

Rebellious Eagle
08-14-2010, 06:45 PM
My master for taekwondo makes me do all kinds of weird things when I teach the little kids, including demonstrating how to lay on the floor like Superman and pretending to be an evil bully at school who likes to push people in the lunch line. Also, one time I told a kid to block the strike and he punched me instead and it hurt really bad and I think a lot of people saw. :x

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Also, one time I told a kid to block the strike and he punched me instead and it hurt really bad and I think a lot of people saw. :x

I'll kick his ass! :mad2:

KentaRawr!
08-14-2010, 11:29 PM
At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to post in here, but since we can apparently mention martial art class stories, I have some, too! :D

For the Karate class I take, I help the teacher demonstrate things to the little kids sometimes, too. For our self-defense techniques, which involve lots of grabbing, in order to demonstrate how well they can control the situation with those self-defense techniques they basically manhandle me. There was one technique for if someone tries to choke you from behind. In the end, my arms are wrapped up at the elbows, and they like to squeeze real tight and push up with their hips and it hurts my arms lots! xD My reactions sometimes seem comical, so all the kids laugh at me. If only they knew my paaaain! :cry:

Cuchulainn
08-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Literally nothing will top the OP. Please close the thread.

Fuck sake Steve you look like Alan Partridge, what were you thinking?

Iceglow
08-15-2010, 01:22 AM
I got made to do it by my boss :( Yes I got physically owned by my boss and then by head office with their photoshop skills. To make it worse that image was part of a store information pack, known as the MAP. To point out how big a deal this was, every single staff member at HMV works from the MAP on a weekly basis. We all have to check it out on a weekly basis. This means that essentially EVERY single staff member from Head office down to shop floor part-timers will have seen this image across the entire UK! To make things just that little bit more "dear god would the world please swallow me now or will the queen/government please exile me to the USA never to return alive!" for me it has my full name on it, try tapping my full name in to google (well drop the n on Steven because as we know I freaking hate it and don't use it myself) the only hit will be me :\

Cuchulainn
08-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Who's the girl that looks like an acress I can't remember the name of?

Iceglow
08-15-2010, 01:40 AM
She's a colleague from my store also, she had no idea when she turned up at head office (which is like round the corner from our store lol) of what she was being let in for. Seriously we met up at reception and I was like "you know what you're in for here?" "no...do you?" "uhhh yeah, best I don't say xD"

She's representing Olivia Newton John in the picture but that is actually Olivia's hair not Jodie's, like my own hair our real hair is just wrong for the style of the picture and everything so head office photoshopped the hair in place. Best part of this is I'm actually near enough performing a squat to get down on the right level, Jodie is like up to my shoulder normally! Though I think you might think she reminds you of Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe from friends) possibly if you didn't mean olivia newton john lol?

Raistlin
08-15-2010, 02:43 AM
I've stalked people on the internet.

Not really embarrassing, though. I guess I don't really have any suitable stories.

G13
08-15-2010, 03:48 AM
hahahHAHAHAHHAHAhAHHAhAhAhAHAHHAhAAAAhahHAhhAhuApihuAhuA

YOU PONCE

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH(A(HA(HAIHAPIHSAphuisaphusahuahAHAHAHAHAHAH

edit: could be worse, you could be Baloki.

This was my initial thought. :lol: I'm saving this picture.

I think maybe the most embarrassing thing I ever did for a job was shakerboarding. You know those dudes on the busy street corners shaking the pizza deal signs? That's shakerboarding and it sucks.

I Took the Red Pill
08-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Literally nothing will top the OP. Please close the thread.

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2010, 09:45 AM
I get to dress like this once a month

http://image.dhgate.com/upload/200912/11/ff80808122104ee401221122a15d3b1d/productimg1260763525886.jpg

and get my picture taken with strangers and attacked by screaming little kids. Course the store outfit I wear is no where near as good looking as this nor is it in this good of shape. I'm certain years from now parents will destroy those pictures of our suit cause it will scare the crap out of the kids as they get older and realize how decrepit Kitty looked.

So yes, I get to live the the wet dream of a furry pedophile. Made even more amusing cause I actually get into character and I tend to be more feminine than the girls who work with me. Course its better than being unemployed.

Christmas
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
I get to dress like this once a month

http://image.dhgate.com/upload/200912/11/ff80808122104ee401221122a15d3b1d/productimg1260763525886.jpg

and get my picture taken with strangers and attacked by screaming little kids. Course the store outfit I wear is no where near as good looking as this nor is it in this good of shape. I'm certain years from now parents will destroy those pictures of our suit cause it will scare the crap out of the kids as they get older and realize how decrepit Kitty looked.

So yes, I get to live the the wet dream of a furry pedophile. Made even more amusing cause I actually get into character and I tend to be more feminine than the girls who work with me. Course its better than being unemployed.

This is embrassing!? This is like the BEST THING EVER! HELLO KITTY!!! :kaoclove:

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/cartoon/cartoon_67.gif

Raistlin
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM

WK, I don't think I will ever look at you the same way, ever again.

Peegee
08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
He's trollan right?

NorthernChaosGod
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM

Same.

Wolf Kanno
08-17-2010, 05:14 AM

Why? Cause I sell "crack" to kids and woman over 25? ;)

G13
08-17-2010, 05:23 AM
In a dress, broheim. :onoes:

~*~Celes~*~
08-17-2010, 05:30 AM

i lol'd so hard

I don't think I've had to do anything embarassing. I do get embarassed if I mess up something or i can't hear the customer and have to ask them to repeat though :(

Wolf Kanno
08-17-2010, 05:41 AM

Don't judge a book by its cover.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKyj35ew0E&p=59359C6E865E9FD8&playnext=1&index=4) ;)