PDA

View Full Version : Finall, some Deus Ex gameplay footage

Rase
08-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Link (http://kotaku.com/5612092/your-first-look-at-deus-ex-gameplay)

Looks good so far too me.

EDIT: Feel free to add a "y" to the end of "finall". Silly puppies are distracting and adorable.

Slothy
08-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Looking pretty good so far, though with so many abilities and what not the controls better be smooth as silk or I could see it all going wrong.

And is it just me or does the voice actor for the main character sound like the guy who played Gabe Logan in Syphon Filter? Anyone know if it's the same guy?

Yeargdribble
08-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I had reservations when I saw the hyper futuristic trailer (especially considering it's supposed to be set before the much less futuristic Deus Ex).

Now I'm just full out unimpressed. I don't care about 3rd person QTEish take downs. It doesn't look like it's going to have much of what made me love DX1. Granted, that's hard to show in any trailer, but I just personally am not sure of the direction it's being taken in. DX2 was bad enough. I'm just afraid they are going to make this one much more reliant on action than plot.

Slothy
08-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't care about 3rd person QTEish take downs.

I'm not convinced those were QTE's. Just as easily could have been in game cinematics.

Yeargdribble
08-15-2010, 03:49 AM
From what I've heard from various sites there are more like special abilities you can use with a single button.

-Press button
-Receive badass take down mini-cutscene

It just doesn't feel right to me for a DX game. I'm trying not to be like the FO3 pre-haters or the "ZOMGD3 is lollipops and rainbows make it darker" crowd, but there are a lot of things that make me uncomfortable with the direction it may be taking.

Rase
08-15-2010, 07:47 AM
From what I've heard from various sites there are more like special abilities you can use with a single button.

-Press button
Really? Man, had not heard that, and that is quite distressing if true. Hopefully they will allow a demo of it to be played at some event soon.

Yeargdribble
08-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I've heard there's a 20 minute demo of devs showing it off while basically in god mode doing all of the cool finishers somewhere. I haven't been able to locate the video partially due to my depression about the apparent contents.

kotora
08-15-2010, 05:48 PM

-Press button

oh man this is gonna be another :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty console game with context sensitive buttons. They just had to go and ruin it. Might as well put jump and run on the same button as well.

Dreddz
08-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I've heard there's a 20 minute demo of devs showing it off while basically in god mode doing all of the cool finishers somewhere. I haven't been able to locate the video partially due to my depression about the apparent contents.

I saw that footage on screwattack a while ago. Its worth looking for. I was worried about the game until I saw it. It plays nearly identical to the first game, which is both good and bad. Some of the context sensitive kills look decent but it looks like the only thing they added to the series thats of any significance. The city they were in looked very nice though.

This is still my most anticipated game for next year. Even a shameless knock off of the original is good enough for me.

Rad Bromance
08-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Blah, they can do better than this.

It doesn't look bad, per se, just...not something I'm going to be eagerly anticipating.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2010, 04:43 AM
I don't see what's wrong with kill animations like that. I'd prefer them to be very sharp and quick but I'm not seeing how they are evidence of this not being 'DX'. You can't show a game like DX in a trailer, or at least not a trailer that will get past your marketing department and which won't induce heart attacks in the higher-ups. Hopefully, the stuff in-game won't be so influence - I'm not hugely enthusiastic about that possibility, but I'm not going to write it off yet.

beema
08-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I hardly call this gameplay footage. Just looks like another super-hype trailer, with minute amounts of gameplay quickly spliced together with cut scenes. Until I see an actual playthrough video, I wont bother getting all worked up about it one way or the other.