PDA

View Full Version : What film scenes do you concider "B.L.A Moments"?

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm planning on a project involving B.L.A Moments - but what scenes do you concider B.L.A Moments?

According to someone (I think, it was the Nostaliga Critic) a B.L.A Moment refers to; "a scene that comes right-the-???? out of nowhere, has little to no bearing whatsoever in the plot, is way over the top in terms of ridiculousness (even in the context of the movie), and after it happens, no one ever speaks of it again." In short: It refers to any and all random musical scenes that have no merit in terms of plot, are very over the top and silly, and are oddly never explained or mentioned ever. "

Be sure to post what film they come from - and you can avoid the suposed first B.L.A Moment, because thaqts's obvious (I am watching the film now, as it happens).

Madame Adequate
08-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Oh, took me a moment to realize what you were talking about.

Big Lipped Alligator Moment - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigLippedAlligatorMoment) Fairly extensive set of examples here.

Warning: That's a link to TV Tropes, so don't click if you wanted to get anything done tonight. :p

Cuchulainn
08-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Do Ewoks count?

Clo
08-15-2010, 04:27 AM
BAH, TV TROPES, I'M RUINED. :argh:

blackmage_nuke
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Does the scene in Golden Child with the tap dancing pepsi can count?

The Man
08-16-2010, 10:42 AM
BAH, TV TROPES, I'M RUINED. :argh:this

Madame Adequate
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Do Ewoks count?

Yes they do, the little smurfrags

Pheesh
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Basically every scene in 'The Room'.

Renmiri
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
The dance at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.

The laugh scene on FFX

Bastian
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
The final scene in Labyrinth. Sarah has finally learned to grow up and up away her immaturites and accept becoming a woman. . . only to have all the Muppets randomly appear in her bedroom for a big Muppet dance party?

MJN SEIFER
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
The final scene in Labyrinth. Sarah has finally learned to grow up and up away her immaturites and accept becoming a woman. . . only to have all the Muppets randomly appear in her bedroom for a big Muppet dance party?

A Film I've seen has made it into the list - this one is easier to analyze (I already have an answer.)

MJN SEIFER
08-16-2010, 10:57 PM

A Film I've seen has made it into the list - this will make it easier for me to analyze this one with out having to track down the film (and, I may already have an answer.)