PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy should I beat next?

Goldenboko
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Next up is one of the job duo! FFIII or FFV!

I've start both once upon a time, but never finished either of the games! 1 Day to vote.

VeloZer0
08-15-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm assuming you haven't beaten either in any incarnation?

It's a tough one for me, but if you factor out the fact I really like chibi polygon sprites I would say FF5 is the better choice.

Bastian
08-15-2010, 02:08 AM
I have to say I much prefer FFIII DS to FFV GBA.

Sorry, FFV fans, but to me it comes off as a watered down FFIV. . . But I still love it! Just not as much as FFIII DS!

Slothy
08-15-2010, 02:16 AM
FFV hands down. I haven't played enough of III to compare them in terms of story, but FFV certainly has far better gameplay than what I've played of III. Throw in the fact that it also has Galuf, Gilgamesh and Pirates and I'm not sure why you even need us to vote on this.

Goldenboko
08-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Because both games are wonderful :jess:

Slothy
08-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Did I not mention the Pirates? :p

qwertysaur
08-15-2010, 03:13 AM
You never beat the game that introduces Boko? :eek:

Vermachtnis
08-15-2010, 03:45 AM
V Advanced. It's my favorite game in the series. Also it has Gilgamesh and Sexy Pirate Adventures.

Goldenboko
08-15-2010, 04:17 AM
You never beat the game that introduces Boko? :eek:

I kept getting to the part where we lose poor Galuf and then I proceed to cry myself to sleep and forget to continue with the game.

Wolf Kanno
08-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Tough one...

Though I prefer FFV over FFIII, I feel you should play III first because it will allow you to appreciate what V does for the Job class system as opposed to playing V's first and then finding III's lacking cause it was made five years before FFV. Oddly enough, if you generalize their plots, the games are roughly the same in terms of key plot elements and the villains being associated with the Void.

Raistlin
08-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Wolf Kanno makes a valid argument, but FFV is the better game, so I had to vote for that.

Elpizo
08-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Play III first so you can appreciate it for what it did for the series (and it did one heck of a lot of things), then play V so you can see where it improved on III (and IV, but that's besides the point). Otherwise you'll probably become one of those people who can't appreciate III after playing V first despite the fact that III is the best in the series. (And yes, that is a fact. Moogles say so. ;) )

Vermachtnis
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I never get it when people say playing one game will take away from another. I've never had that problem. Final Fantasy V is Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy III is Final Fantasy III, they're two different games with two different systems and casts of characters.

I played III after V and I enjoyed it all the same.

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Not everyone is like that though. I like III but I love V more and I sometimes wonder if my feelings may have been different had I played them in order. Still, I know a alot of people who can't stomach playing old school games anymore and I'm talking even 16-bit and early 32-bit fare, thanks to how streamlined the genre has become in recent years.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Personally, I'd play FFV because it actually has a story. I haven't even touched FFV yet, but I got halfway through FFIII and never picked it up again because I just had no motivation to finish it.

Bunny
08-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I never get it when people say playing one game will take away from another. I've never had that problem. Final Fantasy V is Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy III is Final Fantasy III, they're two different games with two different systems and casts of characters.

I played III after V and I enjoyed it all the same.

They have similar systems (specifically class-related) despite Final Fantasy III "originating" the idea. Final Fantasy V provided significant improvements and is, overall, a better game for it.