PDA

View Full Version : The Trials and Tribulations of Orly Taitz

Raistlin
08-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Backstory: Orly Taitz is a lawyer. Not just any lawyer, but a leading figure in the ”Birther” movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories). So you know she is quite loony.

Anyway, Orly has filed several lawsuits on behalf of some gullible soldiers claiming that Obama wasn’t born in the US and requesting that the courts order him to produce evidence for such. Last year a federal judge, having gotten fed up with Orly’s nonsense, ordered $20,000 in sanctions for filing frivolous lawsuits. Orly petitioned Supreme Court Justice Thomas to stay the sanctions earlier this year, which he quickly denied without bothering to refer the issue to the full Court. Orly noticed “suspicious” things like that fact that Thomas “allegedly” signed the order a whole day before it appeared online, and started making up more conspiracy theories about how maybe the signature was forged and Thomas never actually saw the petition.

Shortly afterward, Orly filed a similar petition with Justice Alito, who referred the issue to the full Court (presumably only out of fear she would just refile with every Justice otherwise), who just denied her claim, yet again.

But the fun doesn’t stop there. (http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=13078)

Only application for the temporary stay was denied, and even that was denied without signatures of the Justices. We have now a situation, where the clerks run the Supreme Court, they issue releases, but there are no signatures of any Justices, so there is no evidence that the Justices ever read a word of these pleadings.

Not only is the President a sham, the entire Supreme Court is as well! Well, due to the US conspiracy to keep her claims from being heard, she must resort to other methods:

In parallel with the certiorari I will be filing an appeal in an international court of Human Rights.

She goes on to compare Obama with Stalin:

It was important for the world to know about the human rights violations in Stalinist Russia, in Iraq, in Iran. It is important for the world to know about the Human Rights violations in the United States during the illegitimate regime of the Kenyan born communist dictator Barack Hussein Obama aka barack (Barry) Soetoro, aka Barack (Barry) Soebarkach .

As this involves politics/world events, this arguably goes in EoEO. However, there’s no way to take Birthers seriously, so I determined GC was the appropriate venue. Mocking is the only reasonable response to such craziness.

Also, I found out this last weekend that my grandfather is a Birther. :( Do you know any Birthers?

Bunny
08-17-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm sure I know a couple birthers, simply because my girlfriend's family has several people that are absolutely bat:bou::bou::bou::bou: insane. I, however, do not associate with them other than simple pleasantries.

Orly Taitz is a fool and a nutjob.

o_O
08-17-2010, 06:06 AM
I can't get over the fact that her name is "orly."

qwertysaur
08-17-2010, 07:49 AM
and when the international count of human rights kicks her out for being annoying there will be even more wacky antics from her.

Winter Nights
08-17-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm pretty sure my grandparents are birthers. My parents prolly are, too. But, naively believing bat:bou::bou::bou::bou: crazy things about liberals is quite common for them.

razorrozar7
08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
I naively thought the conspiracy theories about this would fade once Obama was inaugurated.

Me-->:twak:<--Me

War Angel
08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
It's pronounced 'or-lee', and it means "light onto me" or "my light" in Hebrew.

Anyway, she looks bonkers.

Peegee
08-17-2010, 02:17 PM

yarly, are you trooling me Raistlin?

Psychotic
08-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't have the time to leave personalised greetings in your thread anymore, Raistlin, but please enjoy these heartfelt wishes:

I am superior to conservatives, heh. :smug:

Peegee
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't have the time to leave personalised greetings in your thread anymore, Raistlin, but please enjoy these heartfelt wishes:

orly?

Raistlin
08-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Sane conservatives have long disassociated themselves with the Birther conspiracies. Unfortunately the sane conservatives don't have as much of a prominent voice; the entire "Tea Party" movement is filled with Birthers.

razorrozar7
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
It sucks that a valid political position has now been saddled with the onus of insane people.

I am... moderately conservative, I guess you could say.

.............Me
..............|
..............v
C----------------M----------------L
o.......................o.......................i
n.......................d.......................b

EDIT: The forum broke my chart. I had to fix it with periods.

Peegee
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
It sucks that a valid political position has now been saddled with the onus of insane people.

I am... moderately conservative, I guess you could say.

.............Me
..............|
..............v
C----------------M----------------L
o.......................o.......................i
n.......................d.......................b

EDIT: The forum broke my chart. I had to fix it with periods.

Are you a pokemon master?

razorrozar7
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I've beaten every generation, but haven't completed the pokedex in any of them, so kinda.

What does this have to do with politics?

Peegee
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I've beaten every generation, but haven't completed the pokedex in any of them, so kinda.

What does this have to do with politics?

orly?

razorrozar7
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Orly is a pokemon master?

Peegee
08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Orly is a pokemon master?

There's an auctioneer in world of warcraft called auctioneer yarly.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060519214255/wowwiki/images/7/78/Auctioneer_Yarly.jpg