PDA

View Full Version : How do you lose at Christmas crackers?

agrudis
08-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I've looked it up and found many things to do and ways to pull to increase your chances of winning a Christmas cracker, but what are some ways of decreasing it?

Pheesh
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Do the opposite of the things that increase your chances.

Peegee
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Do the opposite of the things that increase your chances.

Not playing it at all decreases your chances to 0 ^_^

also you can give me money

agrudis
08-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks Peegee, but I'm not just looking to lose, I want my boyfriend to win. Gonna be the bestest Christmas ever.

Parker
08-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Just sabotage the christmas cracker so it will definitely break at one end I did it once when proposing to a girl (the ring was in the cracker and :bou::bou::bou::bou:)

NorthernChaosGod
08-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Wtf are you people on about?

Meat Puppet
08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I you love him, you won’t have to lie to him to make him feel better.

rubah
08-19-2010, 03:50 AM
it's some sort of UK/commonwealth thing. Go reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They have some in there. hats, stuff, fireworks toys. idk

escobert
08-19-2010, 04:14 AM
I ALWAYS WIN!

Pheesh
08-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Wait, Americans seriously don't have Christmas crackers?

NorthernChaosGod
08-19-2010, 04:48 AM
it's some sort of UK/commonwealth thing. Go reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They have some in there. hats, stuff, fireworks toys. idk
I did, I don't remember anything like that.

escobert
08-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Wait, Americans seriously don't have Christmas crackers?

No we don't have any of your non american nonsense

Pheesh
08-19-2010, 05:03 AM
it's some sort of UK/commonwealth thing. Go reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Philosopher's Stone. They have some in there. hats, stuff, fireworks toys. idk

Damn 'mericans.

rubah
08-19-2010, 05:59 AM

It's very low-key. The Weasley twins frog-marching Percy down to the Great Hall in his new Weasley sweater, dumbledore gets a bonnet out of his cracker, which he wears, etc. I guess it could be in any of the first three, though

fire_of_avalon
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Don't play with the fucking things, goddamn this ain't rocket surgery.

NorthernChaosGod
08-20-2010, 04:04 AM

It's very low-key. The Weasley twins frog-marching Percy down to the Great Hall in his new Weasley sweater, dumbledore gets a bonnet out of his cracker, which he wears, etc. I guess it could be in any of the first three, though

Now that you mention that, it does sound familiar. xD

Jiro
08-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Just sabotage the christmas cracker so it will definitely break at one end I did it once when proposing to a girl (the ring was in the cracker and :bou::bou::bou::bou:)

Why the :bou::bou::bou::bou: do you need eoff's help to get laid if you're that smooth? :confused:

Parker
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
I can get laid irl but what I really want is a nice eoff girl....

Also it wasnt smooth it was lame and she said no

Jiro
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
I'd've married you Parker bro

blackmage_nuke
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM

This single comment lead to me wasting 4 hours on the Harry Potter lexicon (http://www.hplex.info/gate/books.html) website even though I found out what i wanted about crackers in the first 5 minutes.

KentaRawr!
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Christmas crackers? Is it like a fortune cookie?

Iceglow
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Christmas cracker - piece of paper/thin card with a card strip what has a small amount of gunpowder on it that when it pulled apart by two people will bang. Inside is usually found a small novelty toy/gift which is generally crap, a joke on a piece of paper and a tissue paper crown. "to win" at christmas crackers is to get the bigger end of the cracker when it splits (theres two fold in points which form the end of the main cylinder, it will always split on one end or the other) Best technique is to not squeeze on your end if you want to lose.

Parker
08-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Jiro: <3

I really had no idea Christmas crackers were such a local thing. I took it for granted everyone knew about them. Bring crackers to the US! Tell your friends!

rubah
08-21-2010, 05:57 AM
we can't-- they'll arrest us for terrorism!

NorthernChaosGod
08-22-2010, 04:40 AM
I want a Christmas cracker. :(

Jessweeee♪
08-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Christmas cracker - piece of paper/thin card with a card strip what has a small amount of gunpowder on it that when it pulled apart by two people will bang. Inside is usually found a small novelty toy/gift which is generally crap, a joke on a piece of paper and a tissue paper crown. "to win" at christmas crackers is to get the bigger end of the cracker when it splits (theres two fold in points which form the end of the main cylinder, it will always split on one end or the other) Best technique is to not squeeze on your end if you want to lose.

Ooohhh I was thinking it was some sort of game that involved the edible kind of crackers after I read the title.

black orb
08-22-2010, 04:50 AM
>>> Heh, I had to google "Christmas cracker", I learn something new everyday..:luca:

NorthernChaosGod
08-22-2010, 05:16 AM

Ooohhh I was thinking it was some sort of game that involved the edible kind of crackers after I read the title.
I totally thought the same thing for most of the thread.

KentaRawr!
08-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I was really disappointed when I googled it and it turned out it wasn't a cracker, but a bomb with a gift inside. :mad2:

Winter Nights
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Damn.. Now I'm hungry for no damn reason.

Clo
08-22-2010, 03:33 PM
A bomb with a toy inside?!

If there's explosives involved, I'm surprised Americans don't do it.

Raistlin
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
We do have something similar, but the way I've seen it done is just individually (not with two people). I've seen pretty much exactly what Iceglow described, including the joke and paper crown (though some have instead had cheap plastic toy instead of a crown).

Iceglow
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Appears the powder used is not as I first assumed a tiny amount of gunpower unless it is contained in the same chemicals found in cap gun strips. According to wikipedia the cracker strip is two pieces of card with that on it at the middle and then a sealed together with a paper tape so that they will pull apart but doing so will involve the friction causing the "crack" sound effect lol.

wiki on christmas crackers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker)

Note: it say's they're called Bon Bons sometimes, I've never heard anyone call them that so that must be a commonwealth thing.