PDA

View Full Version : Pet personalities!

Madame Adequate
08-19-2010, 06:25 PM
What kind of people are your pets, gang? I'll discuss mine, from youngest to eldest!

Murphy is a shy guy. He use to be fairly brave and rarely got ruffled, but he liked under my parent's bed and when the delivery men came with a new mattress, he ran to hide there. Only for the bed to be torn asunder above him! Since his hiding spot was so violated he's been a much more nervous, shy puss, but he's very friendly and affectionate to those he knows. He likes to be left alone a lot anyway though!

Jinx is a catten even though he's six years old. He still looks like a kitten, all skinny and gangly and awkward. He is, however, a grumpy old man at heart and he spends a lot of his time complaining about various things and shouting at people when they go anywhere near the kitchen because he wants his cheese tithe, damnit! He's completely docile aside from being loud though, and would not last ten minutes in the wild because as soon as he identifies a threat, he just hunkers down and hopes it goes away.

Sugi is a BIG FAT BLACK CAT! He's a big sweetie, always affectionate, but nearly as shouty as Jinx when he gets hungry. We've had him on a diet for like two years and it hasn't done a damned thing, but we don't really mind, he's just a big soft warm lump who always wants a lap to curl up on. But he gets jealous easily, and if someone else is getting affection that he wants, he'll stick himself between you and whoever you're petting! Oh and he's also a demented pervert who likes to rape Jinx. :bigsmile:

Teeko is my cat, and he's getting on a bit now, so his arthritis has made him a bit less agile than he used to be. But oh my god, there has never been a cat as loyal and affectionate as this one. You think dogs are man's best friend? Dogs are Judas next to my Teekocat, he does NOTHING with his life except A) sleep and B) love-bomb. If I don't shut the cats out of my room at night I will usually get woken up pretty much hourly as he schnooks around my face, purring wildly, and drooling profusely. He drools an insane amount when he is happy. It is gross but he's so adorable, but I can't sleep so he often gets evicted :(

escobert
08-19-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't have any pets atm and it makes me sad!

Fujiko
08-19-2010, 07:50 PM
I have two goldfish, Stardust and Golden. They love eachother and follow eachother around all day; sometimes they hide together and just stay there side by side for the longest time. They're so cute.

I also have four angelfish (I haven't named them yet!); one is black, one is silvery white with black stripes and two are completely silvery white.

Now, the two silvery ones always stick together and hide in the same corner and are pretty calm whilst the black one is always alone and is the smallest of them. The striped one however is the leader. It attacks any one of them fish that eats before it has when I feed them. It has to eat first and the others aren't allowed to eat where it's eating. It's so aggressive it's funny; it went from being the most shy out of all of them, to being the most aggressive who wants all the food and all the space to itself. xD And when it attacks it moves with such speed and then just pecks them aggressively until they move out of the way. And even when they do move out of the way it continues to harass them all the way to the corner of the tank, and then it swims back to wherever it was before. xDD

The striped one is also the biggest one out of all of them; it reminds me of that striped angelfish in Finding Nemo. xD

I always wanted a husky or a cat, though. But my mother didn't want furries inside the house and so I had to grow up without a furry pet. :( I don't have time for a furry pet now, but I still love taking care of my fish! :love:

Lola Cat
08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
IMMA CAT!!! miaou! =3 ~^_^~

I like to BITE BITE BITE. I bit my allies feets earlier! she tryed to hide them under the blanketz and i bit bit bit bit bit them!!! SO MUCN FUN!!

but i am really cool sometimes tooooo. I like to lay around and sleep, sleep on the floor on the couch on the kitchin table on my allies. I LOVE SLEEP!

sometimes i curl up as catloaf. meow! nekopan! nummy

I like:
my mouses
lobstars (i hope the asian will feed me lots of lobstars when he visits ME!!!)
dancing
biting
grasshoppers
following my allies around

rubah
08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
uhh, what she said^

Parker
08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
The house cat is basically a teenage girl who alternatively bitches at and loves her parents and otherwise only talks to us for food. Also she gets really spaced out stoned on the cat nip.

Peegee
08-19-2010, 09:02 PM
uhh, what she said^

wtf is up with your cat o_________________O why are you feeding her lobstars and how does she dance?

I don't know what kind of personality my cat has - she just minds her own business and sometimes she comes and looks at me, probably thinking 'what is that food giver doing?'

Then I catch her looking at me so I chase her down the stairs and into a corner where she cowers while I bite on her

*nom*
*lifts cat up by scruff using teeth*

^_^

wait what is this thread about?

Laddy
08-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Need I say? :bigsmile:

Fujiko
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Lol, Allie xD So cute!

Raistlin
08-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Casper (dog) has ADHD and severe mental retardation.

Lilly (cat) is shy and also severely retarded, but has a spiteful streak and enjoys taunting Casper and getting him into trouble.

Fat Cat (cat) is big, somewhat overweight, middle-aged, and grouchy. Only likes a couple of people all the time (and even those can piss him off occasionally), and everybody else better damn well wait until he feels like it to touch him. Hates Casper with a fiery passion, but instead of trying to kill him has decided simply to avoid him whenever possible.

Bunny
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/tbcx/P1010763.jpg is a huge brat that constantly tries to get into everything, regardless of how difficult it is. If she sees an opening for mischief, she is immediately headed in that direction. She is ballsy as hell and has the ability to balance perfectly on any object, regardless of how flimsy it is. She also might be a lesbian, because she enjoys going down the front of female's shirts and playing with boobies. All-in-all, she is the sweeter of the two because when you give her food she takes it with her paws instead of Athena's favorite method of grabbing.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/tbcx/P1010764.jpg?t=1282257568 is her slightly more aware sister who is not necessarily as troublesome immediately. She takes more time to wind up but when she does, will freak the hell out a lot of the time and become a complete and utter spaz. She likes playing with hands and is afraid of tubes. When you feed her, she often bites your finger out of sheer excitement because FOOD FOOD FOOD. It doesn't hurt, it's just surprising. She may or may not be a lesbian but she does enjoy butts.

Shorty
08-20-2010, 12:04 AM
My dog Achilles has the attention span and mischevious attitude of an eight-year old boy.

Crop
08-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Zack, my dog, is a grump. He's fairly big and strong, but he's a real wimp. He growls a lot, but he doesn't actually do anything other than that. He only wants to be loved.

Marshall Banana
08-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Tiki is a bully, and she's short-tempered (especially toward Tobi)! She loves her toys, though! She lays her favorite toys next to her bowl of dog food (as if they need to eat), and she takes them out with her to go pee-pee. She also kisses them a lot like they're her babies. Tiki loves riding in the car more than anything, I think, because she likes sticking her head out of the window. XD Most of the day, Tiki acts like a security guard to the dog bowl. Also, if dad is home, no one else is allowed to take her out to pee, because he's her favorite.

Tobi is much more gentle than Tiki (he doesn't bite), but he's a lot more needy, and he's territorial over our bedroom (notice I said "our," not "my"). He'll whine if he wants attention (that's the needy part), and he'll try to intercept people who are heading to my room, then bark at them to leave (that's the territorial part), although he isn't threatening at all, just cute! He's obsessed with pee-pee time. He wants to mark every place in the yard, and he wants to go out every two hours, even if all he can do is tinkle a bit. It's tiring, because he usually doesn't want to go inside until he's marked three or four different plants (and he's picky).

Jinx doesn't care about anything in the world.

rubah
08-20-2010, 12:58 AM
:tikitobi: :jinx:

Shiny
08-20-2010, 12:59 AM
I have a lot of pets, but I guess I'll just do the doggies for now.

Pebbles: Everything she does is fast paced. She walks fast, runs fast, tinkles fast, and then proceeds to cover it up by digging a hole to cover it with dirt. The problem is she always ends up covering up the wrong spot. So the hole is still there and so is the tinkle.

The only thing she takes forever to do is eat because she grabs one kibble then goes to her bed and eats it then goes back. She repeats this until all her food is gone. She loves humans. She gets along with pretty much all stranger and is a true lap dog. With dogs, she takes a longer time to warm up to them, but she adores Sparkle. Sparkle seems to be the one exception. She is the smallest and the oldest.

Sparkle: I call her The Beast because she is not to be smurfed with. She is definitely the guard dog out of the three dogs that we have. She is the tallest though not necessarily the widest out of the dogs, but she is also the one that my friends are afraid of. Whenever someone new to her comes in the house she proceeds to try to devour their face. But with people she knows she's a sweetheart.

Very alert, intelligent, and agile. She got into a brawl with the resident wild cat and has taken out a few other vermin along the way. I don't want the other dogs to know, but she is my favorite. I give her twice as many treats and twice as much luv luv play time. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Daisy: Yes, that's her name now. It's not very fitting, but she is probably the most hilarious dog I have ever encountered. She is very good with both humans and other dogs. She is a bit feisty though and extremely stubborn. Whenever you tell her not to do something she does it anyway or looks at you and then rolls her eyes. Or in some cases, barks at you to stfu. Her favorite place is inside the refrigerator where she tends to place her whole body...I dunno wtf.

She is not yet house trained so we have wee wee pads. She goes and takes the wee wee pad, lifts it up, poops, then covers it up with the wee pad. And then eventually she lays down on top of it. So most of the time we're like, "Where is that smell coming from?" And she's sitting over there staring at herself in the reflection of the dinning table.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I will include their signs too:

Pebbles - Taurus
Sparkle - Sagittarius
Daisy - Taurus

~*~Celes~*~
08-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Emmy - 3 year old half rat terrier, half chihuahua who is very needy for attention, likes to pick through the garbage, likes to hunt vermin, and is the beta one minute, alpha the next. She's annoying as hell but pretty cute. She's my mom's dog.

Pretty Kitty Girl - tuxedo cat, age unknown. She gave us no choice but to adopt her. None of us ever really settled on a name for her so we just call her whatever we want, but she responds to all of us, so i don't think she cares much.

She's interesting, that's for sure. VERY talkative (i have chirrup conversations with her every day), loves to sleep on top of people, loves to roll onto her back when she wants you to rub her belly, she's just...she's something else. I don't know how to describe her crazyness xD

fire_of_avalon
08-20-2010, 03:01 AM
I will tell you about my 2 dogs and my 2 bettas.

Thor isn't especially thunderous or mighty, though he does look it. His appearance makes people nervous, but I've never known a dog who is more people friendly. I've never heard him growl or bark angrily at any person ever. He does have a really bad tendency to mouth a little hard but that's just how he plays. I think he never really got out of his puppy stage, so he behaves like a very young dog, kind of a permanent adolescent. He loves to have his back scratched, and he will roll all over you and tries to get in bed with everyone to cuddle.

He also has a pretty high prey drive and anything that's not Gypsy and smaller than him gets chased around.

Gypsy is getting pretty old, she'll be 10 in February and it's starting to show in her muzzle. She's very shy, but loves people and loves to make people happy. If a stranger approaches her she will go to them, but with her head held really low. She's very sensitive to sound and generally a very nervous and fretful dog. She is, however, Thor's boss and he knows it. She can clean him, he cannot clean her. She nips in in the mouth if he tries. If something interesting is going on, she kind of loses that shy, nervous nature and goes in with guns blazing. She's very sweet but a little too demanding and needy. With the way she acts you'd think we never played with her.

Rohan is the newest addition to my family. He is a young, Delta fin betta and he has ich right now which is super lame. He is a very mellow kinda fish and he doesn't do a whole lot. I'm not sure if that's because he's less healthy or if he just hasn't come into his own yet. He likes to follow fingers around, and hide inside his bell at sleeptime.

Blossom came to me at work when a friend of mine quit and went on a month long junket to Hawaii. I'm not sure when he became "mine" but he is kind of the work mascot. His personality.... have you seen Gran Torino? He is Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino, except he's not especially racist. He's just a grouch. Another friend was tapping his bowl the other day, trying to make him all puffy, and Blossom was swimming really fast around the bowl. My friend said "I wonder if he's scared, suddenly?" I said "Think about this fish. Think about the Blossom you've come to know over the past months. What do you think he feels right now?"

My friend paused. Then said "I feel that he's giving me the finger." And that's Blossom. Who is a boy. Named after the girl on the tv show of the same name. Because my friends are wicked.

Pheesh
08-20-2010, 03:20 AM
P.J. is my chow-chow who I've had since I was...I think about 10? Which means he's a bit of an old man now, except I still call him my 'big puppy' because you can tell that the motivation is still there. I still let him chase me all around the backyard, it's just that he tends to get tired a lot quicker now-a-days (which is good for two reasons: One, it makes him easier to brush; and two, I tend to get tired a bit quicker as well :D). He's a guard dog, and he barks whenever anyone's walking past the house, but aside from that he's not one of those dumb dogs that just incessantly barks all the damn time for no reason. He's fluffy and not many people have seen a chow-chow before which means they try to put their hand out and pat him, which never ends well. I never let people outside to see him without me, but when he knows you he is the sweetest, most awesomest thing in the world. I love my Peej.

Clo
08-20-2010, 03:27 AM
I have other pets, but thinking of my missing Robot makes me sad, so I'll just talk about my dickhead tokay gecko, King Henry VIII.

King Henry VIII, commonly known as Henry, is an asshole :bou::bou::bou::bou:head. I don't know why I bought him. He was just so *cute* when he was a baby gecko, and I didn't know geckos were the jerkasses of the lizard world. I feed him crickets, he hates me. I give him water, he hates me. I clean his cage, he literally sulks in a corner for 24 hours afterwards, as if he resents that I removed all his :bou::bou::bou::bou: from his :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty abode.

I walk into the room his cage is in, he barks at me. I say hello to him, he barks at me. He's an ungrateful little :bou::bou::bou::bou:head.

I know lizards aren't known for being friendly fuckers, but this guy surpasses the unfriendliness one would expect and I hate him!

But he loves my parents. Perhaps because they're all cold-blooded. They can have him! And they are keeping him, in fact. Thank god, good riddance.

/rant

Pheesh
08-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Lizards can bark? O_O

Agent Proto
08-20-2010, 05:00 AM
I have two cats, or three, that hang around my house. The oldest is Smokey. He belonged to my dad before he passed away 5 years ago. He's a quiet cat, but very friendly, but lately he's been pretty passive, and he minds his business most of the day. He likes to come inside the house, but he doesn't stay for long. :P

Then there's Ichi. He's much younger and smaller than Smokey, and he belongs to my brothers, but he's staying here. He's also noisy, but lately he's tone down that he meows less fequently. He's really friendly and still acts like a kitten from time to time, that attention whore.

Ichi also has a posse that hangs out with him. An orange nameless kitten. That kitty seems to hate being around me and others, so it seems to hide whenever I show up. I don't really know much about this kitten except that it likes chasing Ichi's tail. :shobon:

G13
08-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Skippy (Australian Shepherd/Cocker Spaniel mix) is a fat lazy dog who likes to pretend she is deaf so she doesn't have to move when she's in your way. I've had her since I was 7 so she's pretty damn old. She can get pretty playful when she wants too but she's so fat and old that she slides around the floor cause she can hardly support her weight on the hardwood floors.

Copper (Shih Tzu/Pomeranian mix) is also a lazy dog. He only gets up from his bed when my mom is home (he's her dog). Whenever I see him he's giving me a look like an old man gives the neighbor kids when they get too close to his house.

Bella (Pomeranian) was not named after... her. As far as I know anyways. :erm: She's really playful and starving for attention. She'll sit and growl at you until you give her food or play with her. She eats breakfast with me in the mornings. She'll sit at the foot of the table and wait to be given some Cheerios.

missaira
08-20-2010, 05:47 AM
jack is a border collie/blue heeler, about 10 years old, extreeemely fat, and quite protective. he's not a fan of men and once bit my aunt on the backside while she was in a screaming match with my mother (complete other story there). he likes sleeping on doormats, but takes the poor buggy a few minutes to realise the door is opening and manage to get up and out of the way.

sally is a pure-bred border collie that nobody wanted because she is predominately white. she recently turned 7 years old on tuesday, and is getting a bit pudgy in her mid-old age. she barks at anything she thinks may be encroaching on her/our territory, and wags her fluffy white tail to the extent that in winter my stocking'd legs are always covered in white dog hairs when i leave the yard. she is the most placid, lovely, loyal dog in the world, and produced the cutest litter of puppies i've ever seen about three years ago.

whiskers is a humongous grey tabby cat who sleeps on my bed all day and on my stomach all night. we got him when he was a kitten about 4 years ago and i swear he's been sleeping ever since. he has what we call his "bitey mood" where he'll go all mr hyde and sprint around like a thing possessed, but that hasn't happened in awhile. he also likes to climb our screen doors.

ginger is a tiny ginger ball of fluff without a tail. he'll be 1 this coming halloween and is more a kitten now than he was when we first got him. he is the most adorable cat in the whole entire world and has an issue with understand the need to pee outside. he once crouched on the edge of our potato basket and relieved himself all over the spuds. although disgusting, my friend kristie and i were in helpless tears of laughter on the kitchen floor for about an hour afterwards.

ozzie is a yellow budgie that has a fascination with jewellery. his favourite pasttime is sitting on my shoulder while i wash the dishes at night. it really hurts when he attempts to pierce my eyelids.

miscellaneous are a collection of animals that don't particularly have personalities. we also have three cockatiels, a duck, several chickens, a couple of rats and mice, and interchangeable sheep, goats and miniature horses.

Rodarian
08-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Lizards can bark? O_O

Seriously?!

Marshall Banana
08-20-2010, 08:31 AM
They can save you 15% or more on car insurance.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Eeeeeeee so many pets I love it this was my best thread idea ever! It makes me so happy to read about everyone's quirky crazy animals :jess:

rubah
08-20-2010, 05:58 PM
speaking of crazy, I fished one of lola's mouses out from under the kitchen stove and she's going crazy with it.

Shoeberto
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Cookie - Fat.

but I still love her

Chloe.
08-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Oooh good idea for a thread :up:

Molly - She's our dog and we think she has a few issues. She's very jumpy and the slightest weird sound will make her go crazy. She also seems to think she is everyone's best friend and likes to jump up at people and won't leave them alone until they've made a fuss of her. Oh and she loves my mum, she even sits on her lap, which always looks funny.

Daisy - My 13 year old cat. She thinks that she is like a princess or something and can be quite grumpy sometimes which is hilarious. But she does love a good cuddle. She always likes to be picked up when she wants to get up to places and generally just likes to sit about in the sun. She very much dislikes Molly and pretty much any other animal :p

Biskit - He's our 3 year old cat. He likes to get into mischief and loves winding up the dog and making her chase him. He also likes to annoy Daisy. He loves his adventure outside and he can sleep for hours and hours. He also loves his food, and surprisingly isn't fat, it all seems to turn into muscle as he is quite heavy :jess:

boris no no
08-20-2010, 08:09 PM
my old cat George was the BEST cat in the world. He's snuggle up to me at night on my legs and when I'd wake up he'd be all like on his back with his legs sticking up in the air!

And when I used to have dinner he'd slowly crept towards the plate looking straight at you! He thought moving slowly made him invisible <3

He ran away though because he didn't like my new housemates kitten ; ;

Me and my boyfriend are thinking about getting a ferret (if our landlord lets us :D)

Ashi
08-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I currently don't have any pets but I used to have a bunny. He was such a funny little guy, liked attention and liked people to play with him or take him out to play. He liked to have his head massaged because it put him to sleep. If you pass by him and don't give him any attention, he'll get upset and turn his tail to you for the rest of the day. He also got incredibly "cute" when he sensed that there was food nearby.

Zeldy
08-22-2010, 12:17 PM
My Phoebe (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6209_243699710596_630410596_8357327_3450068_n.jpg) is the cheekiest little girl ever, she's the wild child of the family. Sometimes she'll stay out all night and we're all really sad and miss her, and sometimes she'll choose to sleep right in the centre of your bed and it makes sleeping for you really difficult as you don't want to disturb her. But that's just Phoebz. We talk to her like a little baby and she's spoilt rotten. There's no way I can describe how we talk to her, but her name is "A-Faba-kins", which is like Phoebe-kins said in a really baby-ish way. We talk to her, and ask what she's doing when she comes into the room and we meow back to her when she meows to us. If we make a sandwich, even if she's asleep, as soon as she hears the fridge she's rubbing herself against your legs and looks at you saying "Where's my chicken, bitch?". She loves to sleep on the chairs she's not allowed to, covering them in cat hairs. If she was asleep in my room and I vacated the computer chair, I'd come back to find her sleeping on my chair and looking at me with half-opened eyes. Phoebe is the the queen of the house, much to my Dad's annoyance, he says she's "just a cat". :colbert:

I haven't seen her for an hour and I miss her already. :(

OH and she's also a murderer. Her other nickname is "killer". She's got cuts on her nose and ears from fighting, and i think birds and mice now know not to come anywhere near our garden. The amount of animals she's brought as gives is shocking. We got a half eaten wood pigeon once, and what we believe was a hedgehog, and many entrails of mice.

Yeargdribble
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Snickers is a b**tchy cat. She's used to being queen. She whines a lot, wanting attention, but if you give it to her she becomes incredibly aloof and tries to bail. She randomly just bites. It's always playful, but she likes to play rough. She likes to get tossed around and chased. She likes it when you roll her over and slap at her face. She pretends to not, but the fact that her claws grabbing and teeth biting never even really cause discomfort to the skin make it clear she's just in the mood for some rough play.

She likes to be patted. By patted, I mean beaten. There is no faster way to get her to purr contentedly with her eyes rolled back than to take your flat palm at hit her like you're trying to dislodge something from a chocking victim. She likes it fast and hard. If you stop she'll immediately open her eyes and look at you very upset until you start beating her again.

She has the single-minded goal of getting outside above all other things. We don't really let her outside. We try letting her out just in the backyard, but she tends to escape. Problem is, she's stupid and doesn't know how to deal with outside. She'd quickly get mauled or run over because she's just a very dumb cat. I don't know why, but I still like her. For all of her meanness and aloofness, she can be incredibly adorable.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/cat.jpg

iced_saltine
08-22-2010, 11:22 PM
my cat smirk enjoys sitting (http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/iced_saltine/Pets/P1010536.jpg) on my homework when i'm right in the middle of doing it.

my mom's cat rosco (http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/iced_saltine/Pets/P1010545.jpg) may LOOK innocent, but in fact is a cunning little devil. he's way too smart for a cat. he taught himself how to use the people toilet. it was funny cause for a while there my mom was blaming my sister for not flushing the toilet until she walked in on him doing his business.

he'll actually race into the bathroom right before somebody else is about to go in so he can use the facilities first.

Fujiko
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
my mom's cat rosco (http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/iced_saltine/Pets/P1010545.jpg) may LOOK innocent, but in fact is a cunning little devil. he's way too smart for a cat. he taught himself how to use the people toilet. it was funny cause for a while there my mom was blaming my sister for not flushing the toilet until she walked in on him doing his business.

he'll actually race into the bathroom right before somebody else is about to go in so he can use the facilities first.

This made me smile. xD

Cuchulainn
08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
My pet is a dog, it gets on like a dog...seriously WTF Huxtable? Are you sure you have 2 working testicle swinging beneath your clitorus?