PDA

View Full Version : Mindsmurf Mafia - GAME OVER - Town Win - The Triple H gods are the heroes!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 07:49 AM
I can say nothing that would clear me.

[M] Athena
08-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Tyche;2901473']And let's add one more vote for Persephone. She has yet to say something useful that would clear her name! Your luck is running out, Queen of the Underworld!

This is all good and well, but what I find that 'guilty until proven innocent' to be quite an unjust system. I would like to hear your rationale for your vote, to put my mind at ease.

Because as it stands, you seem to be jumping aboard the wagon.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-23-2010, 10:35 AM
A lot of people adding up against Persephone! Just remember that I was first, Nyx. Winky-face.

I'm very light on my reasoning for my votes because I don't feel that there's very much I can piece together so far. Not sure what else you want from me!

Also, I'm very in-and-out with little time to analyze. My vote for Persephone stands. Peace, guys!

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Nyx;2901485']
Tyche;2901473']And let's add one more vote for Persephone. She has yet to say something useful that would clear her name! Your luck is running out, Queen of the Underworld!

This is all good and well, but what I find that 'guilty until proven innocent' to be quite an unjust system. I would like to hear your rationale for your vote, to put my mind at ease.

Because as it stands, you seem to be jumping aboard the wagon.

My dear, this may be seen as a bandwagon vote, but I am merely voting for her because I agree with what you and Aphrodite about her, and I have the quotes up there to show you what. Also, it seems you have yet to respond to her reason why she had voted for Hephaestus that "something just didn't feel right about him" without explanation. If I didn't agree, I would have continue to hold onto my vote.

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 10:49 AM
well, disregard what I said about having the quotes up there. I had included another of your quotes and one from Aphrodite regarding Persephone, but I had removed them before posting. My bad! :jess:

[M] Athena
08-23-2010, 10:50 AM
That's fair enough, I just wanted to hear from you to make sure you weren't just coming along for the ride.

[M] Apollo
08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
While I do respect the other suspects gods are throwing out there, I've pretty much convinced myself that Apollo's double-speak and non-defense is more suspicious. Also, I have to go to work and can't post from work, and I don't want to throw away my vote.

##vote: Apollo

[M] Colette
08-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Sorry about my inactivity, I've been kinda busy and haven't been able to access the net. I'll read through and give my opinion on what's going on.

[M] Colette
08-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Ok, I've had a read through and a number of people stood out to me, but Hades' latest reason for the whole Hermes/Hades incident seemed rather shaky to to me:

Hades;2901434']My initial vote was for Hermes because, and here's where I was actually being stupid, I thought he'd made a legitimate roleclaim that'd been edited to RONALD REAGAN by Zeus Murder. After realizing the error of my ways, I just kept my vote with Hermes for no other reason than he was pissing me off. However, I also knew that Hermes would never be in any danger of being lynched. Just in danger of getting his ass whipped by me.

But after further reading I discovered that it is possible that he did indeed believe that Hermes' role claim was changed by Del...

Hades;2901434']Did anyone actually see Hermes' roleclaim? Roleclaiming annoys me, so I'm gonna vote for the fleet of footed guy.

##vote: Hermes

Hermes then roared up at Hades' vote on him, he was then backed by Apollo, and then later on the massive Hades/Hermes argument ensued.
It would appear that whole problem sourced from two misinterpretations in a row. Firstly Hades' belief that Del had changed Hermes' actual role claim, and then Hermes believing that Hades was attacking him for joking around...
So where does that leave us? It appears we have a very eager to argue Hermes, who may be fishing for scum, or is just hot headed. And a Hades who doesn't like people who actually role claim, and will bite if you really want an argument.

Ehh, all that work and I don't have any definite reason to vote for either of them, I'll keep digging around.

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Too many people are getting to avoid posting this day. How long do we have to wait for Ares to post before we can call for a replacement?

It looks like Persephone is going to take the lynch at this rate, which I wouldn't mind. Reviewing there is good reason to want this lynch.

Persephone never explained her vote
Persephone STILL hasn't explained her vote
We learn about Hades depending on how she flips

I feel odd about it though, because saving an ally's skin by making a last minute vote like that is too obvious. I've been trying to nail down other reasons why she might do this and most have been dead ends. May as well share what I thought.

Possible roles that might do what Persephone that she isn't!
Lyncher - She can't be that because Persephone didn't win when I killed Hephaestus
Jester - As an attempt to get herself lynched later on, however moderator specifically said there are no Jesters

I will not be switching my vote to her though as doing so would be moot by this point.

[M] Colette
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Ok, I've been trying to look at people who aren't really in the spotlight, but I haven't hit anything of great significance, and I'm tired and have a headache, so I'm going to vote and then go to bed. I might be up before the day ends, but I doubt it.

I didn't want to follow the crowd, but it's rather obvious to anyone who actually saw Persephone's vote that it is very suspicious. Adding to this suspicion is how incredibly vague she is being. It's highly suspicious, and confusing as hell. I can never seem to get a straight answer out of my daughter, but hopefully this'll make her wise up and give us a clear answer as to why she made the vote when she did...

##Votes: Persephone

As I said before, I probably won't wake up until after the day ends, so I hope this vote is the right one.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
This thread has been full of many great posts since I left, many of which I even bothered to skim read!

ROLECLAIM TIME!

I am the Devils of Olympus Road Captain!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/devilsofolympus.jpg
Put it in your sig to join!

What the smurf, right? Well, Town vs Mafia is all very well and good, but...actually, no, it isn't. It's played out. It's lame. I don't like not knowing who is on my team. Instead, I'm going to form a team of my own! A biker gang. Of bikers! smurf yeah!

Anyone can join!
Members will choose one person to vote for in the thread, and then we'll all pile our votes onto them. (and make fun of them too!) They'll be lynched if we get the numbers I am hoping for.
Members will use their powers for the good of the gang.
When only the Devils of Olympus are left alive, we win!

FAQ

Why are you doing this?
It'll be fun!

Why should I join?
It'll be fun, and you'll win the game!

Is this a joke/a trap/a ploy?
No. I am deadly serious about this.

But you won't win.
No, Del Murder won't declare us the winners of the game, but we'll all know who the true victors were.

What if mafia members join your gang?
Why the smurf should I care? In fact, I welcome it. That way they won't want to kill any members.

But this isn't helpful to the town!
I know. smurf your precious town. I don't care about the town, the mafia, or any other of these default and lame factions. I'm rewriting the rules. To me, this game is now the Devils of Olympus vs Non-Devils of Olympus. So no, I am not helping the town. I am helping the Devils of Olympus.

YOU'RE DISTRACTING/ANNOYING!!!
Sure am! :cool: Better whine about it and vote for me a bunch of times just to make sure I get the message though. :greenie: loosen up, you enormous tit, it's a game. For just one mafia game, try playing it my way - who knows, you just might, god forbid, enjoy yourself!

________

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 03:19 PM
...where do I sign up?

[M] Athena
08-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm convinced this is actually endorsed, if not instrumented, by Del Zeus himself. I see in the rules that there are no "alignment-changing roles." This doesn't change your alignment per se, you just smurf about and have a good time. Nice in theory, but I'm a sucker for tradition. I'm sticking with the town, we can win without you bikers.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I figured you'd have some shoddy role.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Hestia;2901530']...where do I sign up?Here's your Harley and your jacket patches. Let's ride!

Also of course it's endorsed by Zeus. You can quite clearly see him in the ride by in the sig.

Del Murder, on the other hand, well, this is the first he's heard about it.

_______

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I do not approve of anti-town factions. Gtfo. Unless you offer Yamahas. I love Yahamas.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM
We're not anti-town, simply because the town doesn't actually exist to us. It's Devils and Non-Devils.

And you may have as many Yamahas as you desire.
_______

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Hermes;2901538']
And you may have as many Yamahas as you desire.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PehGdiTYUzkNfM:http://i39.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/doaqmo.jpg&t=1

It's tempting and all, but I don't really see the point in joining a faction that doesn't really win. You're not really playing on my team anyway and you've made it clear that you have no interest in helping town. otfg

Del Murder
08-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Votecount

Persephone (6) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, (self-vote)
Apollo (4) - Hygieia, Hestia, Hades
Hestia (1) - Apollo

Not voting: Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Eros, Hebe, Hemera, Hera, Hermes, Persephone, Poseidon

Day 2 ends in about 7 and a half hours.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Artemis;2901539']It's tempting and all, but I don't really see the point in joining a faction that doesn't really win. When people look back on this game, we will be the only thing that will be remembered. We will win.

By the way, Persephone and Apollo, if you join up I'll try to see you survive this situation you're in.
_____

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:20 PM
How convenient for them. Let's go back to, "I'd honestly feel insulted if anyone says that Hades, Persephone, and I are all mafia. For two people to stack votes to save one of their own on Day One would be a foolish tactic, linking the mafia far too close to each other" as said by Hestia. Apollo, Hestia, Hermes, and Persephone linked? I believe so.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I really want a bike. Even a Suzuki would do. :(

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Well of course me and Hestia are linked. We're linked by an unshakeable bond. We live together, we die together, we ride together. Best of all, we lynch dirt together. We like ponies too.

also

BRRRRM BRRRRRRM BRRRRRRRRM! NEYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

that is my bike

it is smurfin' sweet
_____

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Hermes;2901550']
Artemis;2901539']It's tempting and all, but I don't really see the point in joining a faction that doesn't really win. When people look back on this game, we will be the only thing that will be remembered. We will win.

By the way, Persephone and Apollo, if you join up I'll try to see you survive this situation you're in.
_____

Sign me up :bigsmile:

@Hebe I feel no need for a long winded "intelligent" post to explain my vote because god knows I have explained my vote enough times.

Most of the basis's for the votes on me are either:

1. I didn't act the same as Hestia (break the tie) so I must be scum

2. Because some members of town lets say "harbor ill feeling" against me ie they think I'm a douche for not treating this as more then a game:p

I agree with the votes for Persephone but I'm sticking with my vote for Hestia, god knows I don't need bandwagoning added to my rap sheet.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the gang. My vote is now to save you.

##vote: Persephone

Hestia is one of the gang so you should actually probably unvote her and vote Persephone. Who gives a smurf if a couple of know-nothing dweebs shriek "BANDWAGONNEER!!!" or whatever at you? Your enemies will become our enemies and they'll get the ass-kicking that is coming to them.
_____

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
That's not even a real sig and your dainty stance is off-putting.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Artemis;2901557']That's not even a real sig and your dainty stance is off-putting.Your avatar is the kind of thing I'd expect to see on the t-shirt of a dumpy, crater-faced pony-tail wearing 29 year old who still lives in his parent's basement and talks about how the Matrix is, like, totally reaaaaaal, maaaan, the Wachowski brothers were like, visionaries. It's all about the symbolism.

so, y'know, can't really judge there buddy.
_____

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
When Hestia's vote changes I'll change mine

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
What even you thinking? I have a bow and arrow, wild animals, and young illegal immigrant children from Cambodia to back me up. Do you really want do this?

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Artemis;2901551']How convenient for them. Let's go back to, "I'd honestly feel insulted if anyone says that Hades, Persephone, and I are all mafia. For two people to stack votes to save one of their own on Day One would be a foolish tactic, linking the mafia far too close to each other" as said by Hestia. Apollo, Hestia, Hermes, and Persephone linked? I believe so.

Anything to back with wild accusation? Persephone and I is understandable, but even that is a stretch. To believe that two mafia players would stick their heads out to save one is unlikely, especially day one. Apollo has spent the entire day trying to get me lynched. Besides, assuming your making the theory your making, Hades should be in that list and he's not Hermes is for some reason.

Wild accusation is wild.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I know right. It's early in the morning? Herpes, I think I will join your group after all. I don't feel like thinking at the moment.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Your fake group that is.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Dun dun dun.

Another one bites the dust.

so who should we push around and bully now?
_____

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
You people are all nutters.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
It's mindfuck mafia, man. It is what it is.
_____

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 06:14 PM
HERMES DONT READ THIS ITS A SECRET

Guys no. Guys no, listen. The answer is obvious. Kill Hermes or lose. Are you town? If the answer is yes, kill Hermes. Are you Mafia? If the answer is yes, kill Hermes (though he is probably one of you and chose to go ape:bou::bou::bou::bou: instead). Are you a serial killer? If the answer is yes, get bent. Are you Hestia? If the answer is yes, have my babies. :aimkiss:

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Artemis;2901572']Are you Hestia? If the answer is yes, have my babies. :aimkiss:

First you wanted to lynch me, now you want sex? Score.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Artemis chaste? Ha! That was all just a front. This Goddess' legs stretch as wide as my bows.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think Persephone is mafia. It's too easy to kill her and she is not even trying to save herself. I do think she is lazy though.

Biker Gang. I can't stop laughing at you. Because the game will continue even after you get a majority and then you will be torn apart. Mafia members will join with you because they will try and use you to protect their own. Just like you say that you don't care about anything but Biker and Nonbiker, all I care for right now is between Town and Scum. Right now I think Apollo is scum. So I think Apollo should die.

My vote currently shall remain.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
@Hygieia So Persephone isn't mafia & I am? Please explain further

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Hygieia;2901576']Biker Biker Gang. I can't stop laughing at you. Because the game will continue even after you get a majority and then you will be torn apart. Mafia members will join with you because they will try and use you to protect their own.OH NO!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I honestly hope it plays out exactly like that.

I'm going to win this game and there is nothing any of you can do to stop me. You can lynch or kill me if you want, Artemis. I'll even vote myself off with you! You see, I'm going to win regardless.

Do you put that much stock into Del Murder raising your hand and declaring you the winner? As if it's somehow the ultimate goal of this game? Some of you just don't get mafia. And I feel sorry for you. Those that do, grab a bike, let's do this.

Glory or Glory awaits.
_________

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I think my reasoning against you (Apollo) is clear enough already.

As for Persephone, I never said she is not mafia. I simply highly doubt that she is. Because she is not trying to defend herself at all. One of the votes on her is even a no vote penalty.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Also this is for Hermes.

:aimkiss:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I am the tom jones of mafia :aimsun:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Hermes;2901580']
Do you put that much stock into Del Murder raising your hand and declaring you the winner? As if it's somehow the ultimate goal of this game?

My ultimate goal is never the same for each game. You of all people should know that. The point of it is to win at whatever it is you're trying to do. Too much mafia playing has gone to your head and it is why I consider you the Danny Bonaduce of Mafia.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
I dunno, unless your goal every single game is to fling both weird insults that only grandmas would get and accusations of mafia at me, you don't seem to ever do a very good job of it.

here, look:

hello i am fartemis

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE

OH NO I PEED ON MY KEYBOARD

AND THAT'S HOW I MAKE MY POSTS

[M] Felix
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
I can't really process this biker gang stuff atm. I'm going to have to look through this later :eep:

I'm laying my vote down. Check my previous post for my reasoning, if you don't remember.

##Vote: Asclepius

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Hermes;2901591']I dunno, unless your goal every single game is to fling both weird insults that only grandmas would get and accusations of mafia at me, you don't seem to ever do a very good job of it.

here, look:

hello i am fartemis

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE

OH NO I PEED ON MY KEYBOARD

AND THAT'S HOW I MAKE MY POSTS

##Kill: Hermes

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 08:08 PM
...is that a real kill? :O

[M] Felix
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I guess we'll see! If that is his real role, I can't imagine Maroon is a good color.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
lol no you didn't I totally out mafiad you!!! :}

DEVILS 'TIL I DIE. Which won't be now. :greenie:
_______

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 08:23 PM
lol alright bro

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
## Throw a squid: Hermes (A clean squid to be more specific)

Hermes said that his given role was not the biker thing, but he was bored and did it to have some fun. So if/when he dies it will not appear and his original role will.

Hermes, what makes you think you will not die? Because right now it feels like you are counting on others to carry your goal for you.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Hermes, what makes you think you will not die? Because right now it feels like you are counting on others to carry your goal for you. Because whenever I annoy someone on mafia, they fake ##kill me. It's happened twice before and it never fails to amuse me. Artemis is just crankers is all.

Thanks for the squid though!
_____

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 08:33 PM
His original role is probably anti-town. Whether he knows this or not is irrelevant. He must be killed. Obviously I know I will die tonight most likely, but hey, I will be taking someone down with me.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 08:41 PM
so hold on a minute

you've just spent the past few posts moaning about how your goal in every game is to stop me, and you seem really bitter about my general existance

and now you want to convince everyone I am anti-town and they should lynch me?

are you trying to become the new demon dude or something?
_________

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Hermes;2901620']so hold on a minute

you've just spent the past few posts moaning about how your goal in every game is to stop me, and you seem really bitter about my general existance

and now you want to convince everyone I am anti-town and they should lynch me?

_________

They're probably just bored of accusing me:p

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Hermes;2901620']so hold on a minute

I didn't say that. Your existence is fun when it needs to be.

Oh you mean when you thought DD was mafia and then banned him and he was actually not mafia just really bad? That was a good one.

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
...wtf? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWVqcnTisTQ)

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm aiming for a PyroManiakDemonDudeJesseweeGoldenbokoMiriel hybrid.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I am really really angry about mafia and because I am losing the battle in the present, I am going to list every moment in your past where you did not perform perfectly instead-

ps: for someone who is trying to make a show of doing what's best for the town, you're doing a mighty fine job of distracting it :greenie:
______

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I never get bored of accusing scum my dear Grandpa Apollo.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
I suppose you don't....tick tock;)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 09:03 PM
So why should we kill Persephone? I want to know because I fail to see a good reason too.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Also am I sensing a bomb roleclaim from Apollo?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Hermes;2901631']I am really really angry about mafia and because I am losing the battle in the present, I am going to list every moment in your past where you did not perform perfectly instead-

ps: for someone who is trying to make a show of doing what's best for the town, you're doing a mighty fine job of distracting it :greenie:
______

I'm bored now. You can go back to your lover Hades until you die.

Who's up next? :jess:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Hygieia;2901638']Also am I sensing a bomb roleclaim from Apollo?

Clocks go tick tock but I suppose bombs do too :p

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Is there any significance to you adding that phrase to several of your posts?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 09:32 PM
"Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal "

Counting down until I'm lynched I assure you:p

[M] Helo
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I... have no idea what's going on anymore.

Unfortunately after wading through all of that crap and trying to make sense of it, I now have to head to class. Hermes has taken center stage now, and has pushed back valid suspicions on quite a few people and focused in on Persephone. This would be very scummy if it wasn't so fucking blatant. I'm tempted to believe that he's just a town-aligned guy screwing around, but it could also be a clever mafia strategy, where he diverts attention away from people who had gathered a little suspicion beforehand. But I don't have anywhere near the mafia experience to be able to tell if that's even a plausible strategy, but I think it is something to be a bit wary of.

Regardless, I do love the sig. Kudos for that.

That's all I have time for right now. I won't be back until after the day's ended, so to avoid a self-vote I guess I'll just revote Hestia, though she's not at the top of my thoughts anymore.

##Vote: Hestia

[M] Helo
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Last thought: who are the people that were getting at least some suspicious comments that were derailed because of Hermes? Off the top of my head, I can think people like Apollo, Hades, Hestia, maybe Hebe (btw, too many fucking H's), and of course Hermes himself. Am I missing any? With such a list it seems a bit thin, but maybe that reasoning is worth looking into a bit?

Del Murder
08-23-2010, 09:43 PM
[not part of the game]

Artemis;2901599']##Kill: Hermes
Nothing happens.

Hygieia;2901610']## Throw a squid: Hermes
Hermes receives ink status. Accuracy decreases by 20.
[/not part of the game]

Votecount

Persephone (7) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, Hermes, (self-vote)
Apollo (4) - Hygieia, Hestia, Hades
Hestia (2) - Apollo, Poseidon
Asclepius (2) - Hera, (self-vote)

Not voting: Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Eros, Hebe, Hemera, Persephone

Day 2 ends in about 2 hours.

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
So that ##kill WASN'T real? Noted.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Apollo;2901646']"Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal "

Counting down until I'm lynched I assure you:p

Now I know you have to die because you're quoting Leakin Perk.

rofl! Who thought for a second that was a real kill? This is Ashton Kutcher and you've been Punk'd.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Because everyone knows Mafia members listen to Linkin Park

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh my, this is all too much to handle! :lol: Hermes, your little gang of bikers is cute, but I hope you will fail along the way. I'm rather amused by this, actually. :p

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Jokes aside, I'm sure getting into senseless arguments with people is very helpful to town. Sarcasm by the way. What is the point in keeping someone around who has out right said he won't be helping you? I will tell you, it's none. Unless you wanna be played like a fiddle and bandwagon vote your whole way through the game you'd do best to get rid of him. Otherwise kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

##Vote: Hermes

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
We ride together we die together Bad Boys 4 lief

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Finally I've had some time to read through a lot of this thread, and I can make a sound decision. Nyx's original point about Persephone was a very solid one, I'd actually read it earlier but was waiting to see how it would transpire. So far, I haven't seen any defense from Persephone about it. This is totally going to seem like a bandwagon vote but its the strongest opinion I have about a vote so far.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:06 PM
As I have said before, I do not think that Persephone deserves to die today. From my point of view the mafia has succeeded in diverting the town from their own member Apollo and set up Persephone for the lynch.

Her not trying to defend herself is her defense in my eyes. It tells me that she doesn't really care if she dies. This is not what scum would do. Scum will at least try something to stay alive.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Artemis;2901654']Unless you wanna be played like a fiddle and bandwagon vote your whole way through the game you'd do best to get rid of himyou know what

I am jecht

you are tidus

what you gonna do about it, huh? you gonna cry?

go cry some more, cry baby

ps: whatever happened to the "YEAH, WELL, BORED NOW!!!!! SO THERE!!!!!" dealie? :greenie:

pps:
Jokes aside, I'm sure getting into senseless arguments with people is very helpful to town.your quite right!

##unvote
##vote: artemis

hoisted by your own petard! snark snark!

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Hygieia;2901662']It tells me that she doesn't really care if she dies.

That, and how do I defend myself against the loony house.

##Vote: Apollo
Going to get lynched, and don't want to waste my vote.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Helios;2901368']Off again! I'll go ahead and vote for Persephone since I've already voted for her once and she voted for a dead town member!

##Vote: Persephone

Nyx;2901402']There has been a lot of talk about Hestia's vote to kill Hephaestus and (allegedly) save Hades. But, just five minutes before the end of the day, Persephone voted for Hephaestus and tied up the game. Persephone saved Hades. Maybe she wants to take him up on his offer, or maybe they're already in cahoots?

Either way, there's something not quite right about that.
##Vote: [M] Persephone

Perhaps I will change my mind at a later time, but for now, this will be my vote.

Aphrodite;2901456']
Persephone;2901448']
Nyx;2901402']There has been a lot of talk about Hestia's vote to kill Hephaestus and (allegedly) save Hades. But, just five minutes before the end of the day, Persephone voted for Hephaestus and tied up the game. Persephone saved Hades. Maybe she wants to take him up on his offer, or maybe they're already in cahoots?

Actually, I'd just woken up and read the thread. As for why I voted for him, something just didn't feel right about him.

Feelings, eh? I have a feeling your habit of being vague is actually a subtle method of evasion. I find it very difficult to believe you would place your vote for Hephaestus simply because you had a gut feeling - when you knew how much power your vote held. In your justification, I expected to see an obvious thought process.. but it seems as though your mind was already made up.

Besides, this town ain't big enough for two sexay ladies.

Demeter;2901518']Ok, I've been trying to look at people who aren't really in the spotlight, but I haven't hit anything of great significance, and I'm tired and have a headache, so I'm going to vote and then go to bed. I might be up before the day ends, but I doubt it.

I didn't want to follow the crowd, but it's rather obvious to anyone who actually saw Persephone's vote that it is very suspicious. Adding to this suspicion is how incredibly vague she is being. It's highly suspicious, and confusing as hell. I can never seem to get a straight answer out of my daughter, but hopefully this'll make her wise up and give us a clear answer as to why she made the vote when she did...

##Votes: Persephone

As I said before, I probably won't wake up until after the day ends, so I hope this vote is the right one.

Hermes;2901555']Welcome to the gang. My vote is now to save you.

Hestia is one of the gang so you should actually probably unvote her and vote Persephone. Who gives a smurf if a couple of know-nothing dweebs shriek "BANDWAGONNEER!!!" or whatever at you? Your enemies will become our enemies and they'll get the ass-kicking that is coming to them.

Asclepius;2901657']Finally I've had some time to read through a lot of this thread, and I can make a sound decision. Nyx's original point about Persephone was a very solid one, I'd actually read it earlier but was waiting to see how it would transpire. So far, I haven't seen any defense from Persephone about it. This is totally going to seem like a bandwagon vote but its the strongest opinion I have about a vote so far.

The votes against Persephone.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Persephone;2901667']

Not explaining yourself and then voting for the guy everyone hates slightly less then you. In that case

##unvote

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Hygieia;2901662']As I have said before, I do not think that Persephone deserves to die today. From my point of view the mafia has succeeded in diverting the town from their own member Apollo and set up Persephone for the lynch.

Her not trying to defend herself is her defense in my eyes. It tells me that she doesn't really care if she dies. This is not what scum would do. Scum will at least try something to stay alive.
Geez, now I'm conflicted again. I totally understand that, then again it could be a trap to lull us into assuming that she's innocent and given up, which would then convince us to change our votes.

I'll withdraw my vote for now, and make another one before times up. Still need to think about this some more.

##unvote: Persephone

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Explain what? My vote yesterday?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Persephone;2901672']Explain what? My vote yesterday?

Your silence & failure to defend yourself maybe?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Apollo;2900991']##Unvote:Hemera
Despite my utter distrust of Hemera for deciding to vote for me for pretty much no reason, I see no point in wasting my vote.

Given that I'm one of 7 players tied on 2 votes I'm starting to worry my ass might get lynched. 4 of us have been voted for by 2 other players with 3 others only being on 2 because of self votes. So time to act to save my godly a$$ as its currently me vs Hades vs Tyche Hestia.

Tyche honestly hasn't posted enough for me to get any impression of them as a player & from what I can see the votes for them are totally random.

Hestia again I see no major scumish behavior. Again random Day 1 voting.

Hades on the other hand has spent most of Day 1 arguing with Hermes (whom I'm not suspicious of all they have done is speak their mind) & post general nonsense which I feel is a hindrance to town. Not to mention the roleclaim!!

So as a result my vote is now

##vote: Hades

Rereading day 1 gives this gem that would have killed Hades had Persephone not voted.

Apollo was desperate to live so he made up a reason to kill Hades.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Apollo;2901669']
Persephone;2901667']

Not explaining yourself and then voting for the guy everyone hates slightly less then you. In that case

##unvote
Day 2 vote to save himself.

Also I don't hate Persephone, because I have no reason to.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Hygieia;2901674']
Apollo;2900991']##Unvote:Hemera
Despite my utter distrust of Hemera for deciding to vote for me for pretty much no reason, I see no point in wasting my vote.

Given that I'm one of 7 players tied on 2 votes I'm starting to worry my ass might get lynched. 4 of us have been voted for by 2 other players with 3 others only being on 2 because of self votes. So time to act to save my godly a$$ as its currently me vs Hades vs Tyche Hestia.

Tyche honestly hasn't posted enough for me to get any impression of them as a player & from what I can see the votes for them are totally random.

Hestia again I see no major scumish behavior. Again random Day 1 voting.

Hades on the other hand has spent most of Day 1 arguing with Hermes (whom I'm not suspicious of all they have done is speak their mind) & post general nonsense which I feel is a hindrance to town. Not to mention the roleclaim!!

So as a result my vote is now

##vote: Hades

Rereading day 1 gives this gem that would have killed Hades had Persephone not voted.

Apollo was desperate to live so he made up a reason to kill Hades.

Talk about determined to lynch me:p

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
@Apollo, then why have you not called out Artemis for the same reasons you would have killed Hades?

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Apollo;2901673']

Perhaps it would be wise to try to defend yourself with a good explanation for your actions and/or inactions, dear Persephone. Maybe luck will be on your side if you do this. Failure may result in your ultimate doom.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Hygieia;2901678']@Apollo, then why have you not called out Artemis for the same reasons you would have killed Hades?

Because all my energy is spent defending to prevent my own lynch in case you didn't notice?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Tyche so good to see you. Is there any other reason you are voting for Persephone?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Tyche;2901679']
Apollo;2901673']

Perhaps it would be wise to try to defend yourself with a good explanation for your actions and/or inaction, dear Persephone. Maybe luck will be on your side if you do this. Failure may result in your ultimate doom.

I'm sorry about not being active, but I have being somewhat busy. As to my vote yesterday, the only things I have to add is I didn't want to not vote, and I was completely awake.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Apollo;2901680']
Hygieia;2901678']@Apollo, then why have you not called out Artemis for the same reasons you would have killed Hades?

Because all my energy is spent defending to prevent my own lynch in case you didn't notice?
When did you defend yourself? You brushed off the votes until now. Correct me if I'm mistaken about this.

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
@ Hygieia: Any other reason besides agreeing with Aphrodite? Her current silence and failure to give a good explanation why she voted to save Hades at the last minute without saying much about why at the time of vote. It was like she had it planned all along along. Hopefully, she does have a better reason than simply feeling "somethings not right" about Hephaestus.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Hygieia;2901684']
Apollo;2901680']

When did you defend yourself? You brushed off the votes until now. Correct me if I'm mistaken about this.

I changed my vote from Hestia to Persephone to help avoid my possible lynch. The theory of me being scum is totally based upon my opinion of how the tie breaker vote was solved apart from that it's that I refuse to take this as seriously as some others:p

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
@ Tyche: I didn't vote to save Hades, and didn't know how close it was to the end of the day. if you're looking for the person that saved Hades, look at Hestia.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Persephone;2901690']@ Tyche: I didn't vote to save Hades, and didn't know how close it was to the end of the day. if you're looking for the person that saved Hades, look at Hestia.

That's what I've been saying! Won't change my vote though sorry:)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Apollo;2901688']
Hygieia;2901684']
Apollo;2901680']

I changed my vote from Hestia to Persephone to help avoid my possible lynch. The theory of me being scum is totally based upon my opinion of how the tie breaker vote was solved apart from that it's that I refuse to take this as seriously as some others:p
That took ALL of your energy? :roll2

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
@ Persephone: Hestia may have casted the vote that broke the tie between Hades and Hephaestus, but it was YOUR vote that created it.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Actually on 2nd thoughts

##unvote

##Vote: Hestia

Persephone's failure to defend herself & the very nature of this game tells me something just isn't right with this situation.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Apollo;2901691']
Persephone;2901690']@ Tyche: I didn't vote to save Hades, and didn't know how close it was to the end of the day. if you're looking for the person that saved Hades, look at Hestia.

Would you change it if I changed mine?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Hygieia;2901693']
Apollo;2901688']
Hygieia;2901684']
Apollo;2901680']

That took ALL of your energy? :roll2

Well yeah:p Like I said taking this that seriously would be a serious pain in the arse :bigsmile:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Persephone;2901698']
Apollo;2901691']

Would you change it if I changed mine?

My vote just changed so feel free but only if you want too :bigsmile:

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Tyche;2901696']@ Persephone: Hestia may have cast the vote that broke the tie between Hades and Hephaestus, but it was YOUR vote that created it.

My vote my have created it, but Hestia didn't have to vote for Hephaestus.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Apollo;2901700']My vote just changed so feel free but only if you want too :bigsmile:

I think it's a tie right now.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Persephone;2901702']
Apollo;2901700']My vote just changed so feel free but only if you want too :bigsmile:

If it comes to a tie breaker again guess I might break it too save myself :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Persephone;2901702']

It is. 5 for each of you.

[M] Gaius
08-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I'll be damned if this ends up another tie!

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Apollo;2901697']Persephone's failure to defend herself & the very nature of this game tells me something just isn't right with this situation.

I hope everyone thinks like this then next game I get mafia next game so I can vote, post nothing else in the vote-posts, and never post anything else. :)

Persephone;2901701']
Tyche;2901696']@ Persephone: Hestia may have cast the vote that broke the tie between Hades and Hephaestus, but it was YOUR vote that created it.

For a moment, I'll entertain this. Your logic, I'm mafia because Hephaestus flipped town. There's a good chance both Hades and Hephaestus were town, making the tie a not so carefully orchestrated plot to have someone to blame for yesterdays lynch.

That sounds familiar because I've already said I felt that is what the mafia might try to do with yesterday's tie and is also why I voted for Apollo.

Now, you, the person who caused the tie, is using the exact tie-breaker-is-guilty logic.

##unvote: Apollo

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM
edit: apparently I fixed the tie dilemma again wtf guys? xD

Del Murder
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Votecount

Persephone (6) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, Hermes, Asclepius, Apollo, Hestia
Apollo (4) - Hygieia, Hestia, Hades, Persephone
Hestia (2) - Apollo, Poseidon, Apollo
Asclepius (2) - Hera, (self-vote)
Hermes (1) - Artemis
Artemis (1) - Hermes

Not voting: Ares, Asclepius, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Eros, Hebe, Hemera

Day 2 ends in about 30 minutes.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Hestia;2901706']
Apollo;2901697']Persephone's failure to defend herself & the very nature of this game tells me something just isn't right with this situation.

I hope everyone thinks like this then next game I get mafia next game so I can vote, post nothing else in the vote-posts, and never post anything else. :)

Persephone;2901701']

For a moment, I'll entertain this. Your logic, I'm mafia because Hephaestus flipped town. There's a good chance both Hades and Hephaestus were town, making the tie a not so carefully orchestrated plot to have someone to blame for yesterdays lynch.

That sounds familiar because I've already said I felt that is what the mafia might try to do with yesterday's tie and is also why I voted for Apollo.

Now, you, the person who caused the tie, is using the exact tie-breaker-is-guilty logic.

##unvote: Apollo

Things really are getting interesting now :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
I still think it would be a big mistake to kill Persephone.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Hygieia;2901718']I still think it would be a big mistake to kill Persephone.

Finally we agree on something, even if my mind only just changed :p

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Hestia;2901706']
Persephone;2901701']

Were you the person that broke the tie? Yes. Does that make you mafia? No. All I said was that you broke the tie.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
The blame for a tie can never be placed on one person. Apollo and Persephone are the two who are highest in votes. They are also the two that created the tie very close to the end of the day.

The main difference is that there is a lot of evidence against Apollo while Persephone has a very obvious bandwagon against her. You should look at both before choosing to kill one.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm confused... I don't really know what to think. I would like to see Persephone and Hermes die right now. Persephone is not really saying anything, and her lynch would tell us something about Hades, and by extension Hestia and Hermes. Lynching Hermes may teach us something about Hades as well, but I think lynching Persephone would give stronger evidence, but getting rid of Hermes would stop a large distraction that a scum is surely hiding in.

If I had to choose, I think I would choose Persephone, and the day is almost over, sooo...

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:37 PM
##unvote

Did you specifically call me mafia? No.

Persephone;2901701']

Seems heavily, HEAVILY implied.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
Hang on for a sec, one thing I have to call into question...what's with the inactivity of Eilithyia? One post a confirmation, and a vote against Medusa, despite being somewhat of a joke, is enough to merit me some very, very minor suspicions as to her complete absence. Probably worrying about it too much, but oh well.

Also, it seems that Persephone's managed to gain some ground and come close to a tie. I don't exactly have a solid reason to vote against Apollo, so I guess my vote is going against one of the inactives, since I don't have much other reasoning behind them and I don't exactly expect them to get lynched anyway.

##vote: Eilithyia

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
Yes be sure when you want to lynch me town & mafia it'll look less suspicious if you push to lynch me, no bandwagon here!! Unless your afraid something bad would happen if you do;)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:41 PM
The arguments against Persephone are flawed. Here is why.

She saved Hades. So she must be scum.

See the flaw? We do not know what team Hades is on. If you want to go based on the numbers, there is a good chance he is town, as there must be more town members than mafia members.

So a bandwagon occurs on the flawed logic. Persephone is now caught trying to defend herself from it.

This situation does not make her scum. Nor does it clear her from the possibility. It does not give a good reason for lynching though.

Also in case this post is skimmed I'm also calling out Nyx for starting this chain.

[M] Felix
08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Since I don't see enough people voting with me in the next ten minutes to make a difference, I will change my vote to make it more significant. As Hygieia has said, there is a clear bandwagon on Persephone and very little thought, unlike the case we have against Apollo. The only evidence against her is the fact that she created a tie. If Hades is indeed mafia, then that's certainly something to be concerned about. However, tie making and breaking doesn't mean :bou::bou::bou::bou: if we don't know the roles of both parties, so for now it just makes her a person of interest. Not necessarily someone we should lynch.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Apollo is now trying to scare you into not voting for him. He is desperate to live.

[M] Felix
08-23-2010, 11:43 PM
er, ##Unvote: Asclepius

Also Hygieia beat me to it :(

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
Tick tock tick tock tick tock :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
Hera I recommend you unvote Asclepius first, just in case Del requires it for the change in vote to count.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Hygeia, even if we don't know for sure she is scum, her lynch will teach us something. Lynching Apollo teaches us nothing, as he really hasn't said much or done anything.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Hestia;2901725']

Persephone;2901701']

Seems heavily, HEAVILY implied.

Sorry, I was just saying that the "logic" of me creating a tie to save Hades, could be used against you since you voted for Hep.

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:45 PM
We get it, your roleclaiming bomb, now please, shut the fuck up. Thanks :).

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like you thought of that as i was typing :p

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Hebe;2901734']Hygeia, even if we don't know for sure she is scum, her lynch will teach us something. Lynching Apollo teaches us nothing, as he really hasn't said much or done anything.

He hasn't said anything? He's been one of the most active members of this day.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Hestia;2901736']We get it, your roleclaiming bomb, now please, shut the smurf up. Thanks :).

I could change my vote & save myself now but the look on your faces soon will be a lot more fun :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Hebe;2901734']Hygeia, even if we don't know for sure she is scum, her lynch will teach us something. Lynching Apollo teaches us nothing, as he really hasn't said much or done anything.
Apollo is the most active poster in the thread

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Hestia;2901738']

As I said, he has talked a lot without actually saying much. "Hiding in Plain sight", as I said before.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Hygieia;2901741']
Apollo is the most active poster in the thread

Not for much longer I wouldn't say;)

[M] Felix
08-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Asclepius;2901726']Hang on for a sec, one thing I have to call into question...what's with the inactivity of Eilithyia? One post a confirmation, and a vote against Medusa, despite being somewhat of a joke, is enough to merit me some very, very minor suspicions as to her complete absence. Probably worrying about it too much, but oh well.

Also, it seems that Persephone's managed to gain some ground and come close to a tie. I don't exactly have a solid reason to vote against Apollo, so I guess my vote is going against one of the inactives, since I don't have much other reasoning behind them and I don't exactly expect them to get lynched anyway.

##vote: Eilithyia

With just a few minutes left, voting someone who has no votes on them makes no difference :|

[M] D'Anna
08-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Hebe;2901742']
Hestia;2901738']

As I said, he has talked a lot without actually saying much. "Hiding in Plain sight", as I said before.

Wrong. By voting, which he's done, and finger of suspicioning, which he's done, he's drawn lines between him and other players. We will learn something when he dies. It doesn't matter if his reasoning was obviously bad/nonexistant, what matters is, he has FOS'ed people.

Del Murder
08-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Day ends in 2 minutes. Just so you know, I am leaving soon and won't be back for several hours. If it's a tie, then the first person to switch their vote to Apollo or Persephone will end the day, and if no vote is made by the time I get back I'll just choose one at random.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh hell this is just too much fun!

##unvote: Hestia

##Vote:Persephone

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
Hestia;2901745']
Hebe;2901742']
Hestia;2901738']

Wrong. By voting, which he's done, and finger of suspicioning, which he's done, he's drawn lines between him and other players. We will learn something when he dies. It doesn't matter if his reasoning was obviously bad/nonexistant, what matters is, he has FOS'ed people.

Hmm, alright, I see. Del, how long will you stay to see if someone broke the tie?

Del Murder
Thank you Apollo for saving me the time to write up another flavor post. :) Day 2 end.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
##unvote

Let's keep talking

Del Murder
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
The gods argued for another day. Sides were chosen for the greatest war of all: BIKER GANG WAR. Hermes and Artemis, the rival gang leaders, squared off in a circle of bikes and chains, ready to do battle. As that was going on some people were actually playing Mafia.

Some played, but Persphone did not. She was sad. Sad because beautiful Aphrodite got all the attention of her precious Adonis, and she had to spend her days in the gloomy Underworld. It wasn't fair. Who cares about saving Olympus if you can't have love? So she threw herself into the river Styx and drowned.

Persephone was a Doctor, played by Sir Lancealot. Thanks for playing!

Day 2 Final Votecount

Persephone (7) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, Hermes, Asclepius, Apollo, Hestia, Hebe, Apollo
Apollo (6) - Hygieia, Hestia, Hades, Persephone, Hestia, Hera
Hestia (1) - Apollo, Poseidon, Apollo
Eilithyia (2) - Asclepius, (self-vote)
Hermes (1) - Artemis
Artemis (1) - Hermes
Asclepius (0) - Hera

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Eros, Hemera

Night 2 starts now and ends in 24 hours or when all night actions are in. So get those night actions in so that we can start Day 3 early. If you thought double voting power was crazy you ain't seen nothing yet!

EDIT: Sorry Hebe, too late. :(

Del Murder
08-24-2010, 06:28 AM
As dawn broke the gods found a ship had landed at Port Olympus. It was the Argo, with Jason at the helm. "Revered gods and goddesses," he said, "it is my honor to be here before you. I bring you a message from the great and hallowed Zeus." He read it: "My children, young Jason, though mortal, has shown how teamwork can overcome many perils. Without his Argonauts, the Golden Fleece would have never been his. I decree that you must follow in his example, joining with your fellow gods in voting today. That way, the rogues will be forced to show their true colors."

The gods didn't know what to make of this. As they thought it over, two harpies that were stowing away on the Argo jumped out of nowhere and snatched up Eros and Asclepius.

Eros was a Mafia Hurt Locker, played by ~*~Celes~*~. Thanks for playing!

Asclepius was a Vanilla Town, played by Carnage-. Thanks for playing!

Game info:
Welcome to the Bandwagon Round! Each vote made today must be a 'bandwagon' vote, that is, a vote made for the same player as the previous vote, unless that previous vote was itself a bandwagon vote. Also, you cannot unvote until another person has voted after you. Sound confusing? I hope so! Ok, here's an example to help:

Del Murder votes for Psychotic. The next vote must be for Psychotic.
Levian reluctantly votes for Psychotic. Now the next vote can be for anyone. Del Murder could also now unvote if he wishes.
Demon Dude can either vote for Psychotic or anyone of his choosing. If he votes for Psychotic, the next person can vote for anyone of their choosing. If he votes for another person, Del Murder for example, then the next vote must be for Del Murder.

Only votes made in this manner will count today (except the first vote made, obviously). Have fun with this one guys, it gets worse from here. ;)

Day 3 starts now and ends in 24 hours or when a majority lynch is reached. With 18 players remaining it takes 10 votes for a majority.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
A major loss for us, losing our Doctor. I regret my part in that, but there was little else that could be done. We just have to build from this and try to look at the positives -- our first scum death.

I'm not sure who or what killed Eros. We could have another mafia faction, or we could have a vigilante. If it's a vigilante, great shooting. Let's hope you can get another one tonight.

Today is going to be good for scum. They'll be able to hide their votes by bandwagoning. But we should be able to look at the past few days and find something to help us nail a mafian. I'll be back later after class to see what I can dig up.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 06:42 AM

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 06:43 AM
There, made sure I could get that to count.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Nyx, killing the doctor is on your head. I bet you sure were happy about that in your mafia forum.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 06:52 AM
In times like this we need to find something to regain solace. So here's an adorable baby hamster.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081231045414/pvx/images/thumb/b/b3/JebusWelcome.JPG/300px-JebusWelcome.JPG

Ride ze Apollo? All aboards the bandwagon!

Saving yourself despite being very weary of the guy that just died Day 2. You're also in cahoots with that Herpes guy, so I am disowning until you give a good reason why we should remain siblings. And no you can't play with my barbie dolls anymore either. :tongue:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Nyx;2901886']
I'm not sure who or what killed Eros. We could have another mafia faction, or we could have a vigilante. If it's a vigilante, great shooting. Let's hope you can get another one tonight.

What I don't understand is why we have two seemingly normal-ish deaths last night and then the previous night we get three deaths; one of which was two people tied together in some sad attempt at S&M. Kinky, but not really feeling it.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Artemis: I'm pretty sure that if one handcuffed person died then the other would die as well.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:09 AM
I thought it was easily explainable. Two townies dead with the same role; it was likely that one of them was killed which led to the other dying instantly. With so many accounts in play, I think we have two scum teams. (Yeah, what Artemis said.)

Very unfortunate that a Doctor is dead. All's not lost, though.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Went back to re-read the flavor and now that make sense. We have two killing factions like Nyx said.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:10 AM
I mean, what Hygieia said, not Artemis. About the handcuffing.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:18 AM
I like cleaning scum. Lets have some fun.
Nyx;2901886']A major loss for us, losing our Doctor. I regret my part in that, but there was little else that could be done. We just have to build from this and try to look at the positives -- our first scum death.

Today is going to be good for scum. They'll be able to hide their votes by bandwagoning. But we should be able to look at the past few days and find something to help us nail a mafian. I'll be back later after class to see what I can dig up.
Paragraph 1. Your part was the source for the entire bandwagon, it was you who put the marker on her. Then you suck up to the town.

Paragraph 2. More sucking up to the town. I hope we kill scum as well. Either you or your partner Apollo.

Paragraph 3. Thats how you always find scum. With or without special voting rules.

All Nyx has done here is suck up a bit, which is a scum tactic to make themselves look more townish, and explain how the game is played in a subtle manner. Watch this god, she is trouble.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Also lets put some pressure on Apollo shall we?

## Unvote: Apollo

## Vote: Apollo

Artemis I would greatly appreciate it if you keep your vote on Apollo. This will force another vote for him as well.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Don't think that works. If Apollo already has a vote and a bandwagon vote, we're not forced to bandwagon onto him again, I don't think. Going back, typing up votecounts.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
You are right, how silly of me.

##Unvote: Apollo

##Vote: Nyx

That will force a vote on Nyx though.

Del Murder
08-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Helios is correct. You are bandwagoning Artemis's vote, so the next person can still vote for who they choose.

EDIT: Unfortunately, your unvote and revote counted, so now someone else must vote for you to be able to unvote again. (mindsmurfed yet?)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Oops... I blame Apollo for this :p

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Eros;2900467']
:redface:

EDIT: Unfortunately, your unvote and revote counted, so now someone else must vote for you to be able to unvote again. (mindsmurfed yet?)
Are you just making this up as you go along?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=Del Murder;2901911

EDIT: Unfortunately, your unvote and revote counted, so now someone else must vote for you to be able to unvote again. (mindsmurfed yet?)[/QUOTE]
wtf

:redface:

Are you just making this up as you go along?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-24-2010, 07:36 AM
-_-

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Day 0 Final Votecount
Medusa - 4: Hygieia, Eilithyia, Apollo, Hemera
Eros - 2: Hestia, Athena
Hemera - 2: Poseidon, Hera
Nyx - 2: Persephone, (self-vote)
Aphrodite - 2: Hermes, (self-vote)
Hera - 2: Hebe, Hephaestus
Hephaestus - 1: Eros
Persephone - 1: Helios
Apollo - 1: Medusa
Helios - 1: Demeter
Eilithyia - 1: Tyche
Hermes - 1: Asclepius
Asclepius - 1: Dionysus

Day 1 Final Votecount
Hephaestus (4) - Asclepius, Persephone, Hestia, (self-vote)
Hades (3) - Hera, Hermes, Apollo
Apollo (2) - Artemis, Hemera
Tyche (2) - Helios, Nyx
Hestia (2) - Poseidon, Hebe
Poseidon (2) - Cerberus, Hygieia
Athena (2) - Aphrodite, (self-vote)
Hera (1) - Dionysus
Nyx (1) - Tyche
Hermes (1) - Hades

Day 2 Final Votecount
Persephone (7) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, Hebe, Apollo
Apollo (6) - Hygieia, Hades, Persephone, Hestia, Hera
Hestia (1) - Poseidon
Eilithyia (2) - Asclepius, (self-vote)
Hermes (1) - Artemis
Artemis (1) - Hermes

Haha, and the vote against Nyx was my next move anyway. How awesome!

Bandwagon on Nyx. ##Vote: Nyx

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
WUT. Del, I think we need some clarification because I'm confused now, too. I want to vote for Nyx right now but am I forced to?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Why would you want to lynch Nyx? Just because she voted for Persephone? I don't really have a read on her, has she done anything, really?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't think you are, because my vote on Nyx did not count.

The next person to vote will be forced to vote Nyx though.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Hebe;2901920']Why would you want to lynch Nyx? Just because she voted for Persephone? I don't really have a read on her, has she done anything, really?
She created the argument that was used for the lynch. I already explained how it was faulty logic. I'll grab the quote.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I reread the bandwagon rules...

Each vote made today must be a 'bandwagon' vote, that is, a vote made for the same player as the previous vote, unless that previous vote was itself a bandwagon vote. Also, you cannot unvote until another person has voted after you.

So, Hygieia unvoting was legal and then she voted for Apollo again, forcing someone else to vote for Apollo, right?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Also, I'm going to bed. Feel free to ask me :bou::bou::bou::bou:, or explain stuff to me, I'll look at it in the morning.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Alright, so you're unvoting Apollo and voting Nyx? Just making sure because I think it makes a difference with the rules.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Here is is

Hygieia;2901728']The arguments against Persephone are flawed. Here is why.

See the flaw? We do not know what team Hades is on. If you want to go based on the numbers, there is a good chance he is town, as there must be more town members than mafia members.

So a bandwagon occurs on the flawed logic. Persephone is now caught trying to defend herself from it.

This situation does not make her scum. Nor does it clear her from the possibility. It does not give a good reason for lynching though.

Also in case this post is skimmed I'm also calling out Nyx for starting this chain.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Helios;2901923']I reread the bandwagon rules...

Each vote made today must be a 'bandwagon' vote, that is, a vote made for the same player as the previous vote, unless that previous vote was itself a bandwagon vote. Also, you cannot unvote until another person has voted after you.

So, Hygieia unvoting was legal and then she voted for Apollo again, forcing someone else to vote for Apollo, right?
Nope, because it matched the previous vote.

Basically the rule is you can only vote for someone of your choice if the last 2 votes were for the same person. Also you must wait for someone to vote before you can unvote.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Hygieia;2901926']Here is is

Hygieia;2901728']The arguments against Persephone are flawed. Here is why.

Hmm, I was caught in that too... I thought of all the possibilities we would have if Persephone would have turned mafia and I guess it kinda blinded me, sorry.

Also, to clear up any confusion...

Person 1 votes for person A
Person 2 must then vote for person A
Person 3 can vote for anyone. If they vote for person A, person 4 can vote for anyone. If they vote for Person B, or whatever, Person 4 must then vote for the same person as Person 3.

Now to bed.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:00 AM
And this is still not answering the question of unvoting, then revoting. Technically, that's following the rules. You can unvote then vote for the same person, forcing the next vote to match yours. Again.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:02 AM
If I understand it correctly, Person 4 must also vote for Person A since they're forced to follow the last legitimate vote.

We need answers. I will not me mindfucked!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Helios;2901931']And this is still not answering the question of unvoting, then revoting. Technically, that's following the rules. You can unvote then vote for the same person, forcing the next vote to match yours. Again.
If I had done that and voted for Nyx then that would have been fine and forced a vote on Nyx.

But since the vote before mine was also on Apollo it did not lock the next vote to be for Apollo.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Helios;2901932']If I understand it correctly, Person 4 must also vote for Person A since they're forced to follow the last legitimate vote.

We need answers. I will not me mindsmurfed!
I'll say it again. If the two most recent votes are for the same person you can vote for anybody.

If they are for different people you must copy the previous vote.

You can not unvote if you have the most recent vote. (This rule is why my vote on Nyx doesn't count)

The next vote must be on Nyx

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:08 AM
To keep it easier we can keep a running list.

When you vote please add the name of the person you are voting for to the end.

Apollo
Apollo
Nyx

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
What in the bloody mother fucker. You're saying your vote on Nyx doesn't count, then saying that the next vote must be for Nyx. Makes no sense.

Here's what happened:

Hygieia votes Apollo.
Artemis votes Apollo. Voting is fair game now.
Hygieia unvotes. Then revotes Apollo. Which is totally legal.

You can't unvote now and the next vote must be for Apollo.

Also... Red Apple might not of being able to get on yet.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:12 AM
My vote on Nyx does not count. Yours does though.

Red Apple?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Helios;2901938']What in the bloody mother smurfer. You're saying your vote on Nyx doesn't count, then saying that the next vote must be for Nyx. Makes no sense.

Here's what happened:

Hygieia votes Apollo.
Artemis votes Apollo. Voting is fair game now.
Hygieia unvotes. Then revotes Apollo. Which is totally legal.

You can't unvote now and the next vote must be for Apollo.

Also... Red Apple might not of being able to get on yet.
My vote on Apollo matches the previous (Artemis's), So the next vote can be for anybody.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:18 AM
My vote for Nyx doesn't count because I'd be forced to vote for Apollo now.

Each vote made today must be... a vote made for the same player as the previous vote, unless that previous vote was itself a bandwagon vote. Also, you cannot unvote until another person has voted after you.

Hygieia votes Apollo.
Artemis votes Apollo.
Hygieia unvotes Apollo.
Hygieia votes Apollo.

All of that follows the rules. My vote for Nyx does not count since the next vote must be for Apollo.

[M] Gaius
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh my, today is going to be a very confusing day. This game is already too mindsmurfed as it is already. I'm going to need more than just luck to make it through today. x_x

And so that I don't end up forgetting, looks like I have to vote, huh? Well, I guess Nyx it is!

Apollo
Apollo
Nyx
##Vote: Nyx

I propose we keep this list to include the last four votes casted, so the total would be 5 votes, which includes the poster's vote, or would this confuse everyone even further?

[M] Caprica
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Apollo
Nyx
Nyx
##Vote: [M] Nyx

Looking back, Nyx made a fairly persuasive case for Persephone on very little evidence. You could say it was my fault for buying it, but I'm too pretty to be accountable for my actions. So, now I'm bitter (and bitterness is one of my sexiest traits!)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Helios;2901942']My vote for Nyx doesn't count because I'd be forced to vote for Apollo now.

Each vote made today must be... a vote made for the same player as the previous vote, unless that previous vote was itself a bandwagon vote. Also, you cannot unvote until another person has voted after you.

Hygieia votes Apollo.
Artemis votes Apollo.
Hygieia unvotes Apollo.
Hygieia votes Apollo.

All of that follows the rules. My vote for Nyx does not count since the next vote must be for Apollo.
No it did not have to be for Apollo because my vote and Artemis's vote are for the same person.

I then tried to correct my mistake and unvote but because I was the last person to vote it did not count.

Then you voted for Nyx which forces the next vote to also be foe Nyx

Also...

Nyx
Nyx
Nyx
Apollo

Also ##Unvote: Apollo

Next vote must be for apollo

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
Forgot to bold the unvote and vote in my previous post. oops.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Ahahahaha I'm so confused and this is going to get retarded if we're all messed up and none of these votes count.

Hygieia, I think I understand what you're saying. You're saying that if your vote matches the last vote, then it's still considered a "bandwagon"? Say, with you and Artemis voting for Apollo, if I'd have voted for Apollo, then the next person could vote for anyone since I would've matched the last person's vote?

I take the rules to say that if Person A votes, then Person B is forced to match that vote. After Person B votes, voting is fair game.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Votecount is currently as follows

Nyx (3) - Helios, Tyche, Aphrodite
Apollo (2) - Artemis, Hygieia

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Helios;2901949']Ahahahaha I'm so confused and this is going to get retarded if we're all messed up and none of these votes count.

Hygieia, I think I understand what you're saying. You're saying that if your vote matches the last vote, then it's still considered a "bandwagon"? Say, with you and Artemis voting for Apollo, if I'd have voted for Apollo, then the next person could vote for anyone since I would've matched the last person's vote?

I take the rules to say that if Person A votes, then Person B is forced to match that vote. After Person B votes, voting is fair game.
Yep. and if person C votes for the same person as person A and person B then voting is still fair game. It's when there is a change that the next vote is forced.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
I understand now. The rules are dependant on Del's definition of bandwagon, though. I can see how it could be interpreted both ways.

[M] Gaius
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
So let's see if this is correct. If the last two votes were the same, the next vote can be for any. If the last two are not the same, then the next vote has to match the last vote.

[M] Caprica
08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I think you're correct, Hygieia.
(Are you open to celebratory love-making? I know you're the goddess of cleanliness but that doesn't mean you have to be a prude!)

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I think that's the consensus view.

Wait, Hygieia. Wouldn't your unvote have disrupted the whole chain-voting thing? That's what got this mess started in the first place. There were 2 votes on Apollo, then you unvoted. Voting is fair game. You voted for Apollo again but it wasn't to bandwagon on Artemis' vote, it was a legitimate vote by itself. Wouldn't the next vote need to be for Apollo, also?

Jesus Christ, Del. :mad2:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Tyche;2901954']So let's see if this is correct. If the last two votes were the same, the next vote can be for any. If the last two are not the same, then the next vote has to match the last vote.
Yes.

Two questions for Helios though. 1 is what was with that mention of Red Apple?

Also are you a shared account? Because at first you seem to have understood the way voting works then all of a sudden you got confused about it.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Aphrodite;2901956']I think you're correct, Hygieia.
(Are you open to celebratory love-making? I know you're the goddess of cleanliness but that doesn't mean you have to be a prude!)
Only if you bathe and wash your hands regularly. ;)

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Helios;2901957']Yeah, I think that's the consensus view.

Wait, Hygieia. Wouldn't your unvote have disrupted the whole chain-voting thing? That's what got this mess started in the first place. There were 2 votes on Apollo, then you unvoted. Voting is fair game. You voted for Apollo again but it wasn't to bandwagon on Artemis' vote, it was a legitimate vote by itself. Wouldn't the next vote need to be for Apollo, also?

Jesus Christ, Del. :mad2:
No, because it still matches Artemis's vote. So voting still is fair game. In the person A/B/C scenario you posted I just filled the roles of A and C.

You are mindsmurfed and Del is enjoying it.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:49 AM
The Red Apple thing was an allusion to the last Mafia game. I was making fun of the mindfuckery that's happening right now. Probably should've put it in OOC tags or something. xD

No, I'm not a shared account. I thought I understood at first; now I'm confused because of the effect of your unvoting.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Hmm, okay. I'm on the same page now, hopefully. :erm:

As long as my vote for Nyx counts, I'm happy!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I can't wait to see Apollo and Nyx tear each other apart.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Hygieia;2901891']Nyx, killing the doctor is on your head. I bet you sure were happy about that in your mafia forum.

I gave justification for my vote, and I felt it was good enough justification this early in the game. It was the best I had.

However, don't you think it's a bit rich placing the entire blame on me? I wasn't the five votes after me, not including the votes by Hermes, Asclepius and Hestia that were removed at a later stage.

I acknowledge my vote contributed to the death of Persephone, and my justification might have influenced the votes of others, but I won't take responsibility for setting up a bandwagon. I didn't tell them to vote that way, I just offered my own reason for voting.

Besides, Helios was happy enough to claim credit for all the votes anyway.

Helios;2901487']A lot of people adding up against Persephone! Just remember that I was first, Nyx. Winky-face.

Aphrodite;2901945']
Looking back, Nyx made a fairly persuasive case for Persephone on very little evidence. You could say it was my fault for buying it, but I'm too pretty to be accountable for my actions. So, now I'm bitter (and bitterness is one of my sexiest traits!)
Way to shirk responsibility for your own actions. :monster:

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
A lot of people adding up against Persephone! Just remember that I was first, Nyx. Winky-face.

Way to shirk responsibility for your own actions.

Hey, who's shirking? And what responsibility? Yep I voted for Persephone first! My reason was that I had already picked her on a previous day and that she had voted for a dead townsperson.

I'm actually on the fence between Nyx and Tyche. Those are my gut instincts right now. I voted for Nyx over Tyche because of her push for Persephone's lynch.

I usually don't say this but let's not forget about inactives. Look at Eros! People that don't vote could use the excuse that they just wanted to vote for themselves, not knowing who they should really vote for. Self-voting is hardly scum-like... or is it? If you're not talking, speak up!

Gotsa go again! I want more people to make cases against me so that if I die, we'll have a better idea of who's legit and who's full of it. :)

[M] Caprica
08-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Eros was eliminated by a mindsmurfin' Harpy.
I, too, am questioning my decision to vote Nyx..

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Helios, I wasn't saying you were shirking your responsibility. I was just mentioning that you had wanted the credit earlier on. You can take it all now if you want :p

I don't see where you guys are getting my 'push' from. My vote doesn't really suggest everyone lynch Persephone.

The next time I mentioned, or even alluded to Persephone was actually in a post about Helios (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901443-post237.html).

The next time (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901485-post252.html) I discussed Persephone was trying to make sure Tyche had an actual reason for voting Persephone. If anything, I was allaying that vote. Or maybe you see it differently.

I can't see the push however.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
To clarify the sentence 'my vote doesn't really suggest everyone lynch Persephone.'

Obviously a vote for someone says you think they should be lynched, but I was in no way suggesting everyone should jump on and crusade for her immediate death. Just in case anyone took that incorrectly. I don't want to be arguing over semantics when we can argue over things of substance.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Actually, perhaps the sentence in my vote post about 'Persephone saving Hades' was what you were all talking about. If so, I can probably see your reasoning there.

[M] Eizen
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey, hey! Is it too late to join the biker gang? :jess:

http://www.248am.com/images/ducati1098.jpg

Oh... :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Things are really heating up it seems. :|

[M] Colette
08-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Death of my daughter and the doctor in one go, oh joy :(
I was hoping she'd eventually explain herself in some way, but I guess not... At least the night resulted in the removal of some scum I guess.

On that note, I hadn't really noticed Eros' lack of posting due to the large numbers of people. I dislike calling people mafia if they don't post often, as I understand that many people have time restrictions upon them, and some miss out on heavy conversation due to unfortunate time zones, but when someone is heavily absent you need to start questioning why they haven't been replaced, or nudged back into action...
I did a short search and found that both Eilithyia and Dionysus posted day 0, but have never actually posted anything since...
Should this concern us at all? If they are actually being inactive, Del should pick up on it soon, but if he doesn't, they could be hiding, and that worries me.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Everyone, let me start today by announcing the end of the Devils of Olympus. I want to say I am sorry, I am so, so sorry for what I did yesterday. I was out of line. My ego got the better of me, and I thought I could make it on my own. I was wrong.

I've learned now that the true meaning of Mafia is always be yourself. And to trust in the bonds you share with your friends. I'm the worst townsperson in the world, and the last thing I deserve is forgiveness, but with a little help from Jesus and our fighting men and women overseas, I think I can become The Most Helpful and Friendly Guy in Town and start to repair some of the damage I have caused. Thank you. :)

To help the town, I will attempt to find the mafia that have been causing it a little bit of trouble.
Poseidon;2901647']I... have no idea what's going on anymore.

Unfortunately after wading through all of that crap and trying to make sense of it, I now have to head to class. Hermes has taken center stage now, and has pushed back valid suspicions on quite a few people and focused in on Persephone. This would be very scummy if it wasn't so smurfing blatant. I'm tempted to believe that he's just a town-aligned guy screwing around, but it could also be a clever mafia strategy, where he diverts attention away from people who had gathered a little suspicion beforehand. But I don't have anywhere near the mafia experience to be able to tell if that's even a plausible strategy, but I think it is something to be a bit wary of.

Regardless, I do love the sig. Kudos for that.

That's all I have time for right now. I won't be back until after the day's ended, so to avoid a self-vote I guess I'll just revote Hestia, though she's not at the top of my thoughts anymore.

##Vote: HestiaFirstly, Poseidon, let me thank you for your kind words about the sig. You're pretty great yourself!

Anyway, this is the most mafiaish post in this game. I am surprised nobody has pointed it out! Let's review!

- Poseidon plays it both ways. If the town turns on me, bam, he can easily join in. If not, no worries, I could just be town. Notice how he never expressively states his view one way or the other. Incidentally, Poseidon, those are some really super theories. Unfortunately you're way off the mark :( But keep trying! I am sure you will figure out my role soon! :)

<table width="600" cellpadding="10" bgcolor="#8080ff" border="1" bordercolor="#2A52BE"><tr><td background="http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/smileyground.png"><font color="#ffffff"><br/>Hermes's Friendly Mafia Tips

The mafia view the town as black and white. They know who their enemies are. The town, meanwhile, don't have a clue. Thus to appear to be town, the mafia over-exaggerate their view on townsfolk. Everything is very, very grey if you were to listen to the mafia!</font></td></tr></table>

- Notice how Poseidon is not to blame for things. He could be wrong about me, but that's ok, he's a new player. Hestia isn't the most suspicious to him, but that's ok, he's got to go so he'll make a safe vote for her.

In my opinion, Poseidon is a member of the mafia. I will vote for him because of this.

##vote: Poseidon

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Alright motherfuckers. Hestia's back.

Few things; the rules of this day are confusing, but not overly so. There must be two votes in a row for the same person, BEFORE a new person can be voted for. We need to be careful because a vote for someone who is 2 below the minimum for lynching, actually causes that person to be lynched. However, please stop focusing on this new role. To be put into simple words, its a trap to lure us away from finding scum.

Next. Nyx used the same faulty logic Apollo did about someone "saving" Hades and thus being guilty, however her argument was more persuasive at the time which is why the bandwagon started.

I was suspicious of Persephone because of her lack of involvement. Once she started talking, I tried to keep her alive.

Persephone's death was a bad one, however, Nyx is being scapegoated. Nyx is being used to make us forget, that we almost lynched Apollo yesterday, and that for all of Apollo's tricks of being a bomb (very lame way to try and claim it). He didn't take the lynch. He saved himself.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Hermes brings up good points, this is why we don't lynch people because they're being slightly annoying. :)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Those are some really marvellous thoughts about Apollo, Hestia. Good job!

Do you think he could perhaps really could be a bomb? I say this because of Eros's role, which was Mafia Hurt Locker. The Hurt Locker, of course, being a movie about bomb disposal, so perhaps the two are linked. If Apollo is not actually a bomb, somebody else may very well be. Please tell me what you think!

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Assuming Apollo is mafia he has knowledge of Eros's role, as you've said, mafia have black and white knowledge of this game. Therefore, Apollo would know there must be a bomb in this game.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Hermes, your vote won't count because of the bandwagon effect in place.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
EDIT: Making a bomb roleclaim easy, convenient, and now that Eros died, "comfirmable".

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I think Hestia's on the right track there. If there is a bomb, or a bomb-esque role (as Eros's role suggests), then Apollo with his "tick tick" in earlier posts is probably the prime suspect.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Hermes that vote on Posiedon will not count unfortunately, because the next vote must be on Apollo. You do raise a very good case against him, and to be honest he is another on my list of scum suspects. I just don't want to go after too many at once because then votes against them are too spread out and they can have an easier time throwing a townie in the line of fire at the last minute.

Nyx is trying to worm her way out of suspicion. The reason why I blame her for lynching Persephone is that nobody seriously was giving a thought about her until after she made the Persephone saved Hades post.

Why make a case against somebody and vote to lynch them if you don't want to? (Other than the forced bandwagons today of course) Watch out everyone, because Nyx is going to try everything to get an innocent townie to take the fall for her.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Alright now if Hermes votes Posieden it will be a good vote.

Recent vote history is

Nyx
Apollo
Apollo

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Actually I missed/misread that post of Hestia's about the possibility Apollo is mafia. That could be true too. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to take a gamble and be the last vote on him though, if he is the bomb.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Hygieia;2902024']Hermes that vote on Posiedon will not count unfortunately, because the next vote must be on Apollo. You do raise a very good case against him, and to be honest he is another on my list of scum suspects. I just don't want to go after too many at once because then votes against them are too spread out and they can have an easier time throwing a townie in the line of fire at the last minute.

All candidates should always be considered. Even in a day like this, we should try to get everyone's votes where they want them. To nail it down to two or three suspects because we "have to" is to blind us from the mafia. :colbert:

Hygieia;2902024']Nyx is trying to worm her way out of suspicion. The reason why I blame her for lynching Persephone is that nobody seriously was giving a thought about her until after she made the Persephone saved Hades post.

Then it's our fault for listening to her.

Hygieia;2902024']Why make a case against somebody and vote to lynch them if you don't want to? (Other than the forced bandwagons today of course) Watch out everyone, because Nyx is going to try everything to get an innocent townie to take the fall for her.

This point is already addressed.

Obviously a vote for someone says you think they should be lynched, but I was in no way suggesting everyone should jump on and crusade for her immediate death. Just in case anyone took that incorrectly. I don't want to be arguing over semantics when we can argue over things of substance.

Nyx cannot be placed for sole blame for yesterday. Especially not when I see many mafia candidates having voted for our doctor.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Hygieia;2902024']
Why make a case against somebody and vote to lynch them if you don't want to?

Why do you vote for people? Because you think they're scummy, right? Same reason I voted for Persephone.

I didn't 'make a case' against Persephone, I merely gave my justification. I still find it rich that you give me sole blame when there are six other people who contributed to her death. But no, don't blame them. They were swayed by my oh-so-compelling evidence. I don't know why you're gunning for me in particular, but it doesn't well with me.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 03:15 PM
##unvote
##vote Poseidon

Thanks, friends! I was confused about the voting system and thought that the bandwagon effect had been cancelled out. I am glad you've got my back. :)

[M] Eizen
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
No more biker gang? :( Can I still keep my bike? It's so quick.

And the bandwagon effect is in play again, correct? I'm confused. :confused:

[M] Eizen
08-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Laaaaaame! I just spent a fortune on that Ducati and now you say the gang is done!?

Anyways, what alignment is the bomb role? Can it be either or? I would assume that in this case it would be town aligned because of Eros' role as a mafia member. Why would mafia need a 'hurtlocker' if the bomb was mafia as well? For now I'm going to operate under the assumption that Apollo is town and, if he actually is a bomb, is just kind of a booby trap for mafia. I could be totally wrong in that though, I'm not a very seasoned Mafia player.

Also, Hygieia, you're acting really strange. Your megapush for Nyx and Apollo is kind of unnerving to me.

And Hermes what's with your change in attitude? Blink twice if you've been replaced with a pod person.

[M] Eizen
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Whoops sorry about that. Didn't realize I'd posted the my first thoughts.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I haven't got anything useful to add to the discussion, so I'm going to hit the hay. Take care all.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Here's my issue with the possibility of Apollo being a bomb. Why has he been so eager to give hints of his role?

A bomb is a sneaky role, meant to make last minute mafia bandwagons backfire. Literally. However, when it is revealed that you are a bomb, no sane mafioso is going to vote for you. A real bomb should never want to drop so many hints.

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Apollo is 100% without a doubt a bomb of some sort. Whether he is a Dud, a mafia aligned bomb, or a Terrorist, I can not say.

I am a Bomb Detector. Each night I can check someone for bomb parts. Obviously after Day 2's shenanigans I investigated Apollo. Please everyone pay careful attention to the vote count. We've had mafia bombs in the past and Apollo is certainly suspicious, so if we do decide to lynch him, please take caution.

(Aphrodite was my Night 1 investigation, if anyone was curious.)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, I still don't think Nyx should get all the blame for Persephone. She made a mistake, and that's not really enough to lynch her. I still would like to see Apollo lynched, and I don't know what to think about Poseidon. He is being extremely wishy-washy and seems to be trying to please everyone, as Hermes said, but for some reason I don't want to lynch him. He doesn't seem as good of a lynch to me as Apollo does.

But I'll bandwagon

##vote: Poseidon

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Hera;2902053'](Aphrodite was my Night 1 investigation, if anyone was curious.)

And the results?

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Just a little FYI: The mafia all probably knew he was a bomb. If he was a town bomb, he had no real reason to lie about it, if he was a mafia bomb, well, he's on their team and they knew already. Keep this in mind when examining yesterday's actions.

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Negatory on the Aphrodite.

Del Murder
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Votecount
I will put a (b) next to a person's name if the vote counted as a bandwagon or not.

Apollo (4) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), (self-vote)
Nyx (4) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b), (self-vote)
Poseidon (3) - Hermes, Hebe(b), (self-vote)

Not voting: Apollo, Ares, Demeter, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hades, Hemera, Hera, Nyx, Poseidon

Hebe's vote was a bandwagon so the next vote can be for anyone. You guys seem to have this figured out by now. Hygieia was pretty much 100% correct in everything she said about it.

Day 3 ends in about 14 hours.

[M] Gaius
08-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Oh my, is that a legit role-claim I am sensing? If so, I think it should be fair to say that I do possibly believe you about what you have claimed so far about Apollo. His actions do seem to indicate that he might be a bomb, especially with his "tick tock" remarks. Perhaps he's trying to pull a Demon Dude on us, but if your role-claim is true, then we should best proceed with caution concerning Apollo!

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh Hera, you have done a terrific job of detecting Apollo!

Of course, one must then speculate, with a Bomb Detector and a Hurt Locker, that there is more than one bomb.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 04:34 PM
I would also speculate that if the Bomb Detector detects a bomb, the Hurt Locker's role would be to defuse a bomb, or perhaps to vote for/kill said bomb without feeling the effects. Thus we can logically conclude that there is a non-mafia bomb.

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
...is that what a Hurt Locker is?

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
*googles*

Okay that makes sense now.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Theory. With two people dying each night, there must be a second killing role. Two roles dealing with bombs seems like overkill if we only have one or two normal bombs.

However, Apollo being a Serial-Killer with bomb flavor (terrorist? :lol:) could explain all of this. Perhaps it's some setup where Hera was suppose to find the terrorist. This also explains the addition of the Hurt Locker. Something for the mafia to combat the Serial-Bomber with.

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 05:13 PM
The Terrorist is a role with an anti-Town alignment who can choose to bomb anybody during the day, killing both the victim and the Terrorist.

In a variation of this role, the Terrorist does not know who the members of the Mafia are and can not be found guilty by the Cop.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh fuck. Well then. Um... fuck. Well this is mindsmurf so there is no guarantee that the roles are going to be copy and paste from mafiascum, but I guess that furthers my point that having a bomb doesn't necessarily make him a bomb!

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think there would be a serial bomber. The idea behind the bomb role is that you have to sacrifice yourself to use your power. Making a bomb role that didn't do that would sort of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it :confused:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I feel this discussion about bombers and whatnot has gone down a dead end. It has been very fruitful, and kudos to all involved in it, you've really helped!

Now, I think we could turn our attention to something else.

<table width="600" cellpadding="10" bgcolor="#8080ff" border="1" bordercolor="#2A52BE"><tr><td background="http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/smileyground.png"><font color="#ffffff"><br/>Hermes's Friendly Mafia Tips

You can't focus on one person and say "Done for the day!" - after all, with just one bad guy down, there's bound to be more lurking out there!</font></td></tr></table>

Helios and Nyx - the mirrors

Helios and Nyx have been taking shots at each other today. But their similarities are perhaps more intriguing than their differences.

On Day One, Helios and Nyx were the only people to vote for Tyche.

On Day Two, Helios and Nyx were the first two people to vote for Persephone.

Take a look at their posts today.

Nyx;2901886']I'm not sure who or what killed Eros. We could have another mafia faction, or we could have a vigilante. If it's a vigilante, great shooting. Let's hope you can get another one tonight.
Helios;2901901'] With so many accounts in play, I think we have two scum teams.
Nyx;2901886']A major loss for us, losing our Doctor. I regret my part in that, but there was little else that could be done. We just have to build from this and try to look at the positives -- our first scum death.

Helios;2901901'] Very unfortunate that a Doctor is dead. All's not lost, though.All is clearly not as it seems between these two!

BITESIZE
Aphrodite has a gimmick to do with people loving her and vanity. It's likely not a posting restriction, as she started on Day 0, before we knew our roles
Artemis - possible lyncher on me?
Hades has faded away after being rather prominent early on. Worth observing
Soon it will be crunch time for our trio of inactives.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm THE WORLD'S MOST BORED GUY.

Yes, that is now officially my role in this game! My ability is to try to get some people to post. I will ask some very key questions.

Where are you all hiding?
Why didn't Persephone just claim and save herself?
Was Hades actually a communist?
Goldenboko: Is it wrong to look at photos of him and feel slightly aroused?
What if Apollo is a Mafia Bomb, right, and Hera is actually mafia. Think about it. How would we know?
Tell me why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you and me?
Tyche: What's up with that guy? Seriously.
The Beatles or Queen?
Who's been making all these kills?! Vigilante? Serial Killer? Second Scum Faction? Inventor? Paranoid Gun Owner? (the last two are unlikely, what with there being multiple excess deaths and mostly vanilla town being iced, but whatever, throwing them out there)

in summary

please post my wonderful friends, I feel lost and alone without you. :(

(and the game is less fun)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I am hiding behind the fourth wall

Persephone probably thought it would be worse for her if she claimed, and she gave up

Err, sure

I hope not :smug:

I thought of this for a second as well...

That sounds like something from I want it that way :o

Idk, I don't have a read on him... unless he's a cylon

Queen, easily :colbert:

A second scum faction would be more of a mindsmurf, I think, but what if the mindsmurf of this mafia game is just us thinking it's a mindsmurf, and it's actually a fairly simple setup, so we overthink it and get mindsmurfed!? Nah, probably not... It can't be a paranoid gun owner, though, because night 1 people with no night action died.

[M] Felix
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Second bullet: Well it'd be pretty pointless. For every person that says "hey wait a minute" there are two that go ROLECLAIM VOTE VOTE. Even if she should survive the day she'd be the mafia's #1 target.

Fifth bullet: You wouldn't! Really there are endless possibilities. We could both be mafia. He could be town and I could be mafia (as I stated before, the mafia would believe his bomb claim no matter his alignment). Even if I were to uncover another bomb and that person were to die, proving they are a town bomb, you could always say I was a Mafia Cop. Everyone will just have to decide for themselves whether or not my behavior is scummy, because there's no real proof unless I die.

Last Bullet: I'll guess Vigilante or Serial Killer. I suppose with this many people a second mafia faction isn't such a crazy idea, but it's less common.

As far as this bomb business goes, would the Hurt Locker's action go through even in death? If she was a bomb defuser, there might not be any danger.

Anywho I'm voting Helios.

##Vote: Helios