PDA

View Full Version : Mindsmurf Mafia - GAME OVER - Town Win - The Triple H gods are the heroes!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

[M] Helo
08-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok, my mind is officially smurfed. I'm trying to catch up now, and I'll try to have a longer post a little later tonight.

Quick thoughts:

1. I have stated my suspicions about Hestia and, to a lesser extent, Apollo for a while now. But yesterday showed me that they both can't be mafia. Hestia's original vote for Apollo doesn't mean much, but her later leaving Persephone (who was town) to Apollo in a close game is pretty conclusive that those two, at least, are not working together. Though I guess it is possible that they are part of two separate factions, if there are two separate factions, that seems less likely.

2. Re: Nyx and Helios, there are some good points above. If anything I think Helios's posts would be more suspicious since he seemed to just jump on to Nyx's posts.

I think the next vote has to be a bandwagon, so I guess I'll leave that for now. If I had to vote for real now, I think lynching Apollo tonight would be most informative.

##Vote: Helios (bandwagon)

[M] Helo
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh crap, Apollo's a bomb? Demondude would be so proud. But I guess that mucks up my recommendation.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Hermes;2902079']I
Helios and Nyx - the mirrors

Helios and Nyx have been taking shots at each other today. But their similarities are perhaps more intriguing than their differences.

On Day One, Helios and Nyx were the only people to vote for Tyche.

I can't speak for my Day 0 or Day 1 actions -- I only took control of this account on Day 2. Also, those are pretty generic things to say come the start of a new day, and with having consistent double night kills. Just saying.

Can you also elaborate on what you meant about the Hera-Apollo theory? It might be that I just woke up, but I don't follow. Wait nope I think I have it now. Hera isn't a bomb detector, but would seem legit if Apollo flipped mafia bomb, right? Lightbulb moment if ever there was one.

[M] Athena
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Hebe;2902100']
A second scum faction would be more of a mindsmurf, I think, but what if the mindsmurf of this mafia game is just us thinking it's a mindsmurf, and it's actually a fairly simple setup, so we overthink it and get mindsmurfed!?

This is a possibility I have considered many times. It's no less of a mindsmurf in of itself than the game is. As Del Zeus said, don't overthink it, just relax and have fun.

Okay class time. I'll be back during my break unless I decide to work on my essays.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Hestia's back, now with 347% more quotes.

I looked back through Hygieia's posts and literally everything said was deadset on keeping us looking at Nyx and Apollo.

Hygieia;2902024']Hermes that vote on Posiedon will not count unfortunately, because the next vote must be on Apollo. You do raise a very good case against him, and to be honest he is another on my list of scum suspects. I just don't want to go after too many at once because then votes against them are too spread out and they can have an easier time throwing a townie in the line of fire at the last minute.

Nyx is trying to worm her way out of suspicion. The reason why I blame her for lynching Persephone is that nobody seriously was giving a thought about her until after she made the Persephone saved Hades post.

Why make a case against somebody and vote to lynch them if you don't want to? (Other than the forced bandwagons today of course) Watch out everyone, because Nyx is going to try everything to get an innocent townie to take the fall for her.

Hygieia;2901965']I can't wait to see Apollo and Nyx tear each other apart.

Hygieia;2901905']I like cleaning scum. Lets have some fun.
Nyx;2901886']A major loss for us, losing our Doctor. I regret my part in that, but there was little else that could be done. We just have to build from this and try to look at the positives -- our first scum death.

I'm not sure who or what killed Eros. We could have another mafia faction, or we could have a vigilante. If it's a vigilante, great shooting. Let's hope you can get another one tonight.

Today is going to be good for scum. They'll be able to hide their votes by bandwagoning. But we should be able to look at the past few days and find something to help us nail a mafian. I'll be back later after class to see what I can dig up.
Paragraph 1. Your part was the source for the entire bandwagon, it was you who put the marker on her. Then you suck up to the town.

Paragraph 2. More sucking up to the town. I hope we kill scum as well. Either you or your partner Apollo.

Paragraph 3. Thats how you always find scum. With or without special voting rules.

All Nyx has done here is suck up a bit, which is a scum tactic to make themselves look more townish, and explain how the game is played in a subtle manner. Watch this god, she is trouble.

Hygieia;2901891']Nyx, killing the doctor is on your head. I bet you sure were happy about that in your mafia forum.

Hygieia;2901887']##Vote: Apollo

Above highlighted stuff is stuff that didn't sit right with me.

Demeter;2902002']Death of my daughter and the doctor in one go, oh joy :(
I was hoping she'd eventually explain herself in some way, but I guess not... At least the night resulted in the removal of some scum I guess.

On that note, I hadn't really noticed Eros' lack of posting due to the large numbers of people. I dislike calling people mafia if they don't post often, as I understand that many people have time restrictions upon them, and some miss out on heavy conversation due to unfortunate time zones, but when someone is heavily absent you need to start questioning why they haven't been replaced, or nudged back into action...
I did a short search and found that both Eilithyia and Dionysus posted day 0, but have never actually posted anything since...
Should this concern us at all? If they are actually being inactive, Del should pick up on it soon, but if he doesn't, they could be hiding, and that worries me.

Demeter raises a good point, inactives must start acting, however, I'd like to hear more from you Demeter!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm back for some more fun. Oh Hestia has questions for me. I'm happy to answer them.

First quote. Yes I do think that going after three people at the same time is a bad idea. Say I create arguments against 3 possible mafia members, and each person gets three votes on them. The scum create their own argument on a fourth member. In a situation like this, getting a couple townies to vote for the scapegoat is easier. Now instead of three members with 3 votes each, two with 5 votes each. To save themselves the mafia have a much harder job as more people votes on the scapegoat are needed to save themselves. Does this make sense. (The scenario is idealized a bit, but it conveys the meaning of my strategy)

Quote 2. I was hoping Nyx would try and attack Apollo or Apollo would attack Nyx. Because in case you didn't notice I've been working on using the unique vote style of the day to keep these two as the two with the most votes.

Quote 3. I find Nyx suspicious. So I encourage people to keep an eye on her.

Quote 4. I tried to bait a reaction from someone. It's Hyperbole. In truth I would feel the same about her if Persephone was Vanilla Town or even a Serial Killer. Persephone was not mafia. A mafia member would know that, and for mafia members any lynch on people who are not them is good.

Quote 5. I can't hold suspicion on Apollo from day 2? I wanted to make sure I got the first vote so I would not be forced to bandwagon another.

[M] D'Anna
08-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote 5 was an accident disregard that xD

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Also I agree with Hermes that this day is not nearly as fun. Therefore, I shall roleclaim. I stand among all the gods... as the Monster Hunter with a fondness for making a very loud battle cry. I call to battle against monster threats as they appear. And there is one now, so my role must take effect!

VILE BEAST, MARK MY WORDS. RELEASE FROM THE CONFINES OF YOUR SAVAGE LABYRINTH THE ONE WHOM YOU HAVE STOLEN, OR I SHALL DELIVER UNTO THEE A FATE OF HORRORS INCLUDING...
<ul><li>Raistlin bikini picture, the animated GIF.</li><li>penetration by Loony BoB.</li><li>Pictures of food prepared by Miriel that you are forbidden to eat.</li></ul>
##VOTE: THE MINOTAUR
##SLAY: THE MINOTAUR
##ANNIHILATE: THE MINOTAUR
COME ON FELLOW TOWNSPEOPLE, WE MUST RID THE WORLD OF THE SAVAGE EVIL THAT IS THE MINOTAUR.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
What's up everybody? Bandwagon voting sounds fun:p So

##Vote: Hestia

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Are you still hung up on me? I mean, I knew I was sexy but still.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Hestia;2902195']Are you still hung up on me? I mean, I knew I was sexy but still.

Despite my crazy tick tock antics from yesterday given that you & Hygieia still want me lynched I figure since I'm not scum you too must be. Lets just hope I get to take one of the 2 of you with me to the underworld;)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-25-2010, 12:19 AM
##teabag the Minotaur

when he respawns, he'll be wicked pissed at you, Hygieia.

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't want to lynch you, I've just yet to decide who to switch my vote on. Your logic puzzles me though, if I was mafia, I'd know you aren't mafia, making your bomb claim reinforced as town would have no reason to claim bomb other than being bomb. Do you really believe mafia would vote for a bomb?

Anyway, now I can't vote for who I wanted to, I was going to switch to Poseidon. Oh well,

##unvote: Apollo
##vote: Hestia

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Hestia;2902199']I don't want to lynch you, I've just yet to decide who to switch my vote on. Your logic puzzles me though, if I was mafia, I'd know you aren't mafia, making your bomb claim reinforced as town would have no reason to claim bomb other than being bomb. Do you really believe mafia would vote for a bomb?

Anyway, now I can't vote for who I wanted to, I was going to switch to Poseidon. Oh well,

##unvote: Hestia
##Vote: Poseidon

Lets play ball then;)

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh Apollo, you silly goose. At least I can make my vote.

##unvote: Hestia

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:29 AM
##unvote: Poseidon

Silly as a fox :bigsmile:

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Votecount
I will put a (b) next to a person's name if the vote counted as a bandwagon or not.

Poseidon (4) - Hermes, Hebe(b), Apollo, Hestia(b), Apollo(b)
Nyx (4) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b), (self-vote)
Apollo (2) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b)
Helios (2) - Hera, Poseidon(b)
Hestia (0) - Apollo, Hestia(b)

Not voting: Ares, Demeter, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hades, Hemera, Nyx

Day 3 ends in about 6 hours.

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:33 AM
...the fuck?

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Del Murder, can he do that? xD

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
He can, but now the next person can vote for anyone

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
And Apollo can not unvote until someone else votes

Del Murder
Yeah, someone already did that. Doesn't really do anything though, since that vote is still a bandwagon on your vote. Next vote can be for anyone.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Hestia;2902208']Del Murder, can he do that? xD

I've only got about 2 hours left to play pn here today so lets hope so:p

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah, someone already did that. Doesn't really do anything though, since that vote is still a bandwagon on your vote. Next vote can be for anyone.

Guess this fox got out foxed XD

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 12:37 AM
OH Okay. For a second I thought the next person HAD to vote Poseidon xD

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Hestia;2902015']Hermes brings up good points, this is why we don't lynch people because they're being slightly annoying. :)

Of course you think your scum buddy would bring up good points.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 01:01 AM
@Artemis Couldn't agree more!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Hera;2902053']Apollo is 100% without a doubt a bomb of some sort. Whether he is a Dud, a mafia aligned bomb, or a Terrorist, I can not say.

I am a Bomb Detector. Each night I can check someone for bomb parts. Obviously after Day 2's shenanigans I investigated Apollo. Please everyone pay careful attention to the vote count. We've had mafia bombs in the past and Apollo is certainly suspicious, so if we do decide to lynch him, please take caution.

(Aphrodite was my Night 1 investigation, if anyone was curious.)

Hermes;2902097']I'm THE WORLD'S MOST BORED GUY.
Wow, interesting. I wonder why we have so many roles that do with bombs if there is apparently only one bomb.

Yes, that is now officially my role in this game! My ability is to try to get some people to post. I will ask some very key questions.

Where are you all hiding?
Why didn't Persephone just claim and save herself?
Was Hades actually a communist?
Goldenboko: Is it wrong to look at photos of him and feel slightly aroused?
What if Apollo is a Mafia Bomb, right, and Hera is actually mafia. Think about it. How would we know?
Tell me why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you and me?
Tyche: What's up with that guy? Seriously.
The Beatles or Queen?
Who's been making all these kills?! Vigilante? Serial Killer? Second Scum Faction? Inventor? Paranoid Gun Owner? (the last two are unlikely, what with there being multiple excess deaths and mostly vanilla town being iced, but whatever, throwing them out there)

in summary

please post my wonderful friends, I feel lost and alone without you. :(

(and the game is less fun)
1. My stomach hates me
2. Sir Lancelot
3. Yes and a child molester
4. Yes :redface:
5. Quantum Physics
6. Herpes
7. Syphilis
8. Bohemian Rhapsody
9. Vigilante, Serial Killer, or Paranoid Gun Owner because we did start with 25 people, but I doubt a second mafia faction
10. There is no 10

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Artemis;2902231'][QUOTE='[M] Hera;2902053']Apollo is 100% without a doubt a bomb of some sort. Whether he is a Dud, a mafia aligned bomb, or a Terrorist, I can not say.

I am a Bomb Detector. Each night I can check someone for bomb parts. Obviously after Day 2's shenanigans I investigated Apollo. Please everyone pay careful attention to the vote count. We've had mafia bombs in the past and Apollo is certainly suspicious, so if we do decide to lynch him, please take caution.

Wow, interesting. I wonder why we have so many roles that do with bombs if there is apparently only one bomb.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Uhh maybe there isn't just one bomb?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Nyx;2901987']Helios, I wasn't saying you were shirking your responsibility. I was just mentioning that you had wanted the credit earlier on. You can take it all now if you want.

Never said I wanted the credit for Persephone's lynch. I just said I was the first to vote for her. Actually, it's sort of the opposite of wanting the credit; it's a way of saying I was in no way part of a bandwagon.

Demeter;2902002']I did a short search and found that both Eilithyia and Dionysus posted day 0, but have never actually posted anything since...

Inactives suck. I said that, too! Will you people come out and play?

Hermes;2902012']- Notice how Poseidon is not to blame for things. He could be wrong about me, but that's ok, he's a new player. Hestia isn't the most suspicious to him, but that's ok, he's got to go so he'll make a safe vote for her.

In my opinion, Poseidon is a member of the mafia. I will vote for him because of this.

##vote: Poseidon

If Poseidon's post was the worst post ever, then this is the best one. I give Hermes mad props for his reasoning.

Artemis;2902221']
Hestia;2902015']Hermes brings up good points, this is why we don't lynch people because they're being slightly annoying. :)

Of course you think your scum buddy would bring up good points.

Apollo;2902222']@Artemis Couldn't agree more!

See, the thing is that Hermes makes a lot of sense. Sounds pretty logical. Apollo and Artemis, you guys are just saying people are scum and... nothing else!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Hera;2902234']Uhh maybe there isn't just one bomb?

Another just like me? Wouldn't that be fun :bigsmile:

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Sweet Zombie Jesus. Okay. So first just some commentary on stuff that sticks out to me.

Hygieia;2901922']
Hebe;2901920']Why would you want to lynch Nyx? Just because she voted for Persephone? I don't really have a read on her, has she done anything, really?
She created the argument that was used for the lynch. I already explained how it was faulty logic. I'll grab the quote.
It does seem a little odd that Hygieia would go for the throat of Nyx, especially because Nyx was the first Persephone vote. Why note go for the clincher vote? Or the final vote? Going for the first seems a little odd.

Tyche;2901943']Oh my, today is going to be a very confusing day. This game is already too mindsmurfed as it is already. I'm going to need more than just luck to make it through today. x_x

And so that I don't end up forgetting, looks like I have to vote, huh? Well, I guess Nyx it is!

Apollo
Apollo
Nyx
##Vote: Nyx

I propose we keep this list to include the last four votes casted, so the total would be 5 votes, which includes the poster's vote, or would this confuse everyone even further?
Why Nyx, again? Just confused (or else confused myself, lol)

Aphrodite;2901945']Apollo
Nyx
Nyx
##Vote: [M] Nyx

Looking back, Nyx made a fairly persuasive case for Persephone on very little evidence. You could say it was my fault for buying it, but I'm too pretty to be accountable for my actions. So, now I'm bitter (and bitterness is one of my sexiest traits!)
Looking back, you've said and done very little of your own free thinking. Nyx's argument wasn't anymore especially persuasive, to me at least. I think Persephone made herself and easy mark when she gave up the ghost so quickly, so whatever scum existed, as well as easily swayed townies or other factions, latched on. Does this absolve Nyx? Not at all, could be the fall guy or the ring leader. Does it provide a little more legitimacy to her arguments? I think maybe it does.

Nyx;2901987']Helios, I wasn't saying you were shirking your responsibility. I was just mentioning that you had wanted the credit earlier on. You can take it all now if you want :p

I don't see where you guys are getting my 'push' from. My vote doesn't really suggest everyone lynch Persephone.

Nyx;2901402']There has been a lot of talk about Hestia's vote to kill Hephaestus and (allegedly) save Hades. But, just five minutes before the end of the day, Persephone voted for Hephaestus and tied up the game. Persephone saved Hades. Maybe she wants to take him up on his offer, or maybe they're already in cahoots?

Either way, there's something not quite right about that.
##Vote: [M] Persephone

The next time I mentioned, or even alluded to Persephone was actually in a post about Helios (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901443-post237.html).

The next time (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901485-post252.html) I discussed Persephone was trying to make sure Tyche had an actual reason for voting Persephone. If anything, I was allaying that vote. Or maybe you see it differently.

I can't see the push however.
If you were allaying the vote for Persephone, why didn't you change your vote then? I'm suspicious of you, definitely. I can't figure you out. You're arguing here that you were actually trying to prevent Persephone's death through argument, but you could have done the exact same thing by simply unvoting. Why wouldn't you take a direct action that was possible instead of a roundabout action that probably wouldn't work? Odd.

Hestia;2902013']Alright mothersmurfers. Hestia's back.

Few things; the rules of this day are confusing, but not overly so. There must be two votes in a row for the same person, BEFORE a new person can be voted for. We need to be careful because a vote for someone who is 2 below the minimum for lynching, actually causes that person to be lynched. However, please stop focusing on this new role. To be put into simple words, its a trap to lure us away from finding scum.

Next. Nyx used the same faulty logic Apollo did about someone "saving" Hades and thus being guilty, however her argument was more persuasive at the time which is why the bandwagon started.

I was suspicious of Persephone because of her lack of involvement. Once she started talking, I tried to keep her alive.

Persephone's death was a bad one, however, Nyx is being scapegoated. Nyx is being used to make us forget, that we almost lynched Apollo yesterday, and that for all of Apollo's tricks of being a bomb (very lame way to try and claim it). He didn't take the lynch. He saved himself.

##vote: Apollo
Nyx's argument was only persuasive if you believed I was a bad guy. If you believe I'm a badguy, why the hell wouldn't you lynch me? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to the people who latched on to Nyx's argument. It's pretty fallacious, if you ask me. Best way to learn about Hades is to kill Hades. I don't believe for a second the Persephone bandwagoners really believed killing her would reveal something about me. Do you guys know anything more about me now that she's dead? Nope. And we lost a doctor. Those Persephone bandwagoners are worth taking a look at.

Hygieia;2902024']Hermes that vote on Posiedon will not count unfortunately, because the next vote must be on Apollo. You do raise a very good case against him, and to be honest he is another on my list of scum suspects. I just don't want to go after too many at once because then votes against them are too spread out and they can have an easier time throwing a townie in the line of fire at the last minute.

Nyx is trying to worm her way out of suspicion. The reason why I blame her for lynching Persephone is that nobody seriously was giving a thought about her until after she made the Persephone saved Hades post.

Why make a case against somebody and vote to lynch them if you don't want to? (Other than the forced bandwagons today of course) Watch out everyone, because Nyx is going to try everything to get an innocent townie to take the fall for her.
Again, I don't think you can throw sole responsibility at Nyx, though I agree she does engage in some serious double talk. Who are you protecting, though, that you want us to look only at her?

Hemera;2902037']Laaaaaame! I just spent a fortune on that Ducati and now you say the gang is done!?

Anyways, what alignment is the bomb role? Can it be either or? I would assume that in this case it would be town aligned because of Eros' role as a mafia member. Why would mafia need a 'hurtlocker' if the bomb was mafia as well? For now I'm going to operate under the assumption that Apollo is town and, if he actually is a bomb, is just kind of a booby trap for mafia. I could be totally wrong in that though, I'm not a very seasoned Mafia player.

Also, Hygieia, you're acting really strange. Your megapush for Nyx and Apollo is kind of unnerving to me.

And Hermes what's with your change in attitude? Blink twice if you've been replaced with a pod person.
Bomb's are usually neutral and kill the person who kills them. So the scumbag who performs the kill shot gets bombed or the final lynch vote gets bombed ... that being said, I don't think Apollo is a bomb. I think he's trying to threaten bomb status to ensure that no one wants to kill him. That being said, if we ever get through this freaking annoying bandwagon stuff (I am still a little confused, yes) I willingly volunteer to be the lynch vote for him. If he's a bomb, I die and everyone keeps playing. If he's not, he's probably a scumbag. I still think he's a scumbag. That being said, I'm still not willing to vote, mostly because I want to be careful about the bandwagon thing.

Hera;2902053']Apollo is 100% without a doubt a bomb of some sort. Whether he is a Dud, a mafia aligned bomb, or a Terrorist, I can not say.

Why should we believe this roleclaim? Hmm. As I said before, lynch him and let me be the final lynch vote (if we can pull that off as a town.) If he's a bomb and I die, your roleclaim is probably legitimate and you're an asset to the town. If Apollo is scum, you've protected him in a weird way and are probably scum too.

The more I think on it, the more this roleclaim bugs me. Because not only did YOU tell the TOWN that Apollo is a bomb, you also reveal it to the mafia. Now they won't touch him to keep the members of the faction safe. This bothers me. Argh. This is why I don't like roleclaims. Tell me how you feel about letting me be the final vote for the lynch.

Hestia;2902067']Theory. With two people dying each night, there must be a second killing role. Two roles dealing with bombs seems like overkill if we only have one or two normal bombs.

However, Apollo being a Serial-Killer with bomb flavor (terrorist? :lol:) could explain all of this. Perhaps it's some setup where Hera was suppose to find the terrorist. This also explains the addition of the Hurt Locker. Something for the mafia to combat the Serial-Bomber with.
lol flavor. Apollo might be a bomb. That would explain the hurtlocker. Or he could be mafia and knew there was a hurtlocker, so he claimed bomb so he wouldn't be touched.

Mindfuck mindfuck mindfuck mindfuck.

Hermes;2902079']I feel this discussion about bombers and whatnot has gone down a dead end. It has been very fruitful, and kudos to all involved in it, you've really helped!

Now, I think we could turn our attention to something else.

<table width="600" cellpadding="10" bgcolor="#8080ff" border="1" bordercolor="#2A52BE"><tr><td background="http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/smileyground.png"><font color="#ffffff"><br/>Hermes's Friendly Mafia Tips

You can't focus on one person and say "Done for the day!" - after all, with just one bad guy down, there's bound to be more lurking out there!</font></td></tr></table>

Helios and Nyx - the mirrors

Helios and Nyx have been taking shots at each other today. But their similarities are perhaps more intriguing than their differences.

On Day One, Helios and Nyx were the only people to vote for Tyche.

On Day Two, Helios and Nyx were the first two people to vote for Persephone.

Take a look at their posts today.

Nyx;2901886']I'm not sure who or what killed Eros. We could have another mafia faction, or we could have a vigilante. If it's a vigilante, great shooting. Let's hope you can get another one tonight.
Helios;2901901'] With so many accounts in play, I think we have two scum teams.
Nyx;2901886']A major loss for us, losing our Doctor. I regret my part in that, but there was little else that could be done. We just have to build from this and try to look at the positives -- our first scum death.

Helios;2901901'] Very unfortunate that a Doctor is dead. All's not lost, though.All is clearly not as it seems between these two!

BITESIZE
Aphrodite has a gimmick to do with people loving her and vanity. It's likely not a posting restriction, as she started on Day 0, before we knew our roles
Artemis - possible lyncher on me?
Hades has faded away after being rather prominent early on. Worth observing
Soon it will be crunch time for our trio of inactives.

I haven't faded. I have lost my dog and my girlfriend, and I still had to go to work! But I do agree that we need to roust out our inactives and that Aphrodite is odd and gimmicky.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Posting wall of text does not make someone not mafia my dear Helios. Hermes has actually spent a majority of his time making weird role claims and getting into arguments while accusing other people of distracting town when that's what he's doing.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I like your idea Hades! Anyone care to start the bandwagon? I do enjoy fireworks :bigsmile:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 01:46 AM
You're very insistent on claiming that you're a bomb, so spill the beans. What are the details of your role.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Artemis;2902245']You're very insistent on claiming that you're a bomb, so spill the beans. What are the details of your role.

This is mindsmurf mafia, I'm the Bomb! What would be the fun in telling you anymore? :bigsmile:

Hades is willing to blow himself away to test my claim I say lets do it!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 01:53 AM
It took you that long to say that?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah and if you want anymore than that I say call my bluff:p

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Hades;2902240']S

Why should we believe this roleclaim? Hmm. As I said before, lynch him and let me be the final lynch vote (if we can pull that off as a town.) If he's a bomb and I die, your roleclaim is probably legitimate and you're an asset to the town. If Apollo is scum, you've protected him in a weird way and are probably scum too.

The more I think on it, the more this roleclaim bugs me. Because not only did YOU tell the TOWN that Apollo is a bomb, you also reveal it to the mafia. Now they won't touch him to keep the members of the faction safe. This bothers me. Argh. This is why I don't like roleclaims. Tell me how you feel about letting me be the final vote for the lynch.

As I said in a later post, the mafia most likely already know he's a bomb. Either he's on their team, or he isn't and has no reason to lie about being a bomb. I don't think he's that dumb. This also means that Apollo actually turning out to be a bomb confirms absolutely nothing as far as my claim goes. I'm not telling anyone not to vote for him, I just want the town to be aware of this so no power roles sacrifice themselves. Even if for some reason they don't believe his bomb claim, the mafia definitely aren't sticking their necks out. Here's a thought.

As for you being the final vote, well, that's up to you. I'm okay with Apollo dying, there is such a thing as a Mafia bomb and Apollo is fairly fishy.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Thank you Hermes. The Minotaur has fallen.

Now Hades, I'll take you up on that offer.

##Unvote: The Minotaur (He's dead so I wont need the vote on him anymore)
##Unvote: Apollo
##Vote: Apollo

Next vote must be on Apollo

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:05 AM
This doesn't mean we need to end the day early :eep:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Hades;2902240']
lol flavor. Apollo might be a bomb. That would explain the hurtlocker. Or he could be mafia and knew there was a hurtlocker, so he claimed bomb so he wouldn't be touched.

Mindsmurf mindsmurf mindsmurf mindsmurf.

My question for you Apollo is that if you know you're the bomb why would you be willing to risk people dying just to prove a point? Something is amiss.

The Hurt Locker was anti-town. Would it make sense if the bomb was on the same side? The Hurt Locker most likely had the power to deactivate the Kathryn Bigelow (da bomb), but why would they do that if they were on the same side? This is why I am inclined to believe that the bomb must actually be pro-town. Could Apollo still be mafia? Yes, then it's what Hades said in that he knew there was a Hurt Locker so he's trying to save himself by claiming bomb. But then there would have to be another person that was the bomb or terrorist. I don't know. My tummy hurts.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:06 AM
@Hera You seem very sure I'm not scum! I wonder how you know the mafia aren't sticking their necks out? Scum much :p

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Artemis;2902257']
Hades;2902240']

My question for you Apollo is that if you know you're the bomb why would you be willing to risk people dying just to prove a point? Something is amiss.

The Hurt Locker was anti-town. Would it make sense if the bomb was on the same side? The Hurt Locker most likely had the power to deactivate the Kathryn Bigelow (da bomb), but why would they do that if they were on the same side? This is why I am inclined to believe that the bomb must actually be pro-town. Could Apollo still be mafia? Yes, then it's what Hades said in that he knew there was a Hurt Locker so he's trying to save himself by claiming bomb. But then there would have to be another person that was the bomb or terrorist. I don't know. My tummy hurts.

Maybe I just enjoying messing with all the "pros" :)

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:09 AM
If I were sure you weren't scum I wouldn't tell Hades to go ahead and kill you. I don't think the mafia are going to sacrifice themselves because they are typically very low in numbers. It would be really fucking stupid to kill yourself over a bomb.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Anyway, the only thing I am certain of is that you have bomb parts, and are therefore a bomb of some sort. Mafia or no.

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 02:10 AM
I started this post before but had to go before it could be posted.

Alright, you two continue being nuts.

My thoughts:

On my Poseidon vote: I feel Poseidon has given us very little of his own input. He's focused on me, and when not referring back to his original suspicion of me, he's agreed with someone else. He also has sat fence as Hermes has pointed out.

On Apollo: This is one of the more interesting twists of the game, we know a Hurt-Locker is (was) in play, we know Hera says he owns bomb parts, and we know he's built up for a bomb-esc roleclaim. This points to him being a bomb, but he's yet to roleclaim. And well, he's been really, really scummy. Besides things I've already stated, this attempt is just, uck.

Apollo;2902204']##unvote: Poseidon

Silly as a fox :bigsmile:

Hygieia: She also tried what Apollo tried early on the day, but... on Apollo.

Now I need to catch up with all the posts I've missed since.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Hades;2902240']If you were allaying the vote for Persephone, why didn't you change your vote then? I'm suspicious of you, definitely. I can't figure you out. You're arguing here that you were actually trying to prevent Persephone's death through argument, but you could have done the exact same thing by simply unvoting. Why wouldn't you take a direct action that was possible instead of a roundabout action that probably wouldn't work? Odd.

Perhaps allaying was the wrong word, then. I wasn't trying to prevent Persephone's death, I was trying to prevent people jumping on a bandwagon for no reason. Because what happens is that people look to the person who made a serious vote and gave evidence and then point at them and say it's all their fault. Like has happened. Persephone was highest on my radar -- you might say I'm a terrible player if so, but at least I gave a reason. But I'm sure I've explained this enough times already.

Hades;2902240']
I don't think Apollo is a bomb. I think he's trying to threaten bomb status to ensure that no one wants to kill him. That being said, if we ever get through this freaking annoying bandwagon stuff (I am still a little confused, yes) I willingly volunteer to be the lynch vote for him. If he's a bomb, I die and everyone keeps playing. If he's not, he's probably a scumbag. I still think he's a scumbag.
I haven't thought you to be scum, so I'm hesitant to let you be the final vote in case Apollo is the bomb. However, offering to be the "sacrifice" is probably the most scummy thing I've seen you do all game, but even so, it's enough to make you show up on my radar.

If you cast the lynching vote on Apollo and he flips scum, you look like the hero that risked death to save the town. Like you said earlier, the only way we're really going to be sure of your role is when you die.

Hades;2902240']
If he's a bomb and I die, your roleclaim is probably legitimate and you're an asset to the town. If Apollo is scum, you've protected him in a weird way and are probably scum too.

If you knew he was scum, then you're effectively setting up Hera to take the next fall.

##Vote: [M] Apollo

I think Apollo is pretty scummy. That's the end of my justification so you guys don't leap on me for starting a bandwagon. :eep:

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 02:12 AM
In case anyone wants to accuse me of voting completely different to the way I post, I'm agreeing that Hades should take the final vote. I think he's guilty, and if Apollo is town, then he'll be helping us by taking down a scum.

If Apollo is scum, then we kill scum and I'm still watching Hades.

This is clear, yes?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:13 AM
I look forward to the fireworks I really do because more than 1 of you will have egg on their face :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
Apollo could be the Serial Killer Bomb Beloved Princess that also has a Gun filled with Chocolate Pudding and a fake rainbow afro?

[M] Apollo
I'm not even sort of gonna back down from this. Apollo, regardless of his role is not helping the town one bit. From where I'm sitting, the only way us lynching you doesn't help the town is if you're vanilla. And if you're vanilla, why the hell would you claim bomb? Here's the break down of each situation.

Apollo is the bomb: I die, but my arguments don't die with me. Apollo was truthful and trustworty, ergo Hera is truthful and trustworthy. Townies have one obvious ally in the bomb detector, who can continue looking for other bombs. Town moves on, one townie down, but one useless player eliminated as well and with an obvious ally.

Apollo is not the bomb (but not scum either) In this scenario I don't die and get lynched the next day because everyone thinks I'm scum. Was some other kind of messed up, but since he wasn't adding anything of value anyway there's no big loss to the town there. We also know that Hera is a liar and has a hidden agenda. If I am scum, you guys have another scumbag gone and one probable scumbag in your sights. That means you get scumbag kills for one town kill.

Apollo is scum: I am totally awesome and we realize Hera is a total liar. This is the best scenario for town, but I'll probably get mafia killed the next night.

Other things of note, I believe there are 2 kill factions but I believe one is town aligned.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:14 AM
@Nyx someone catches on quick :bigsmile:

[M] Eizen
08-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Hades;2902240']
Hemera;2902037']Laaaaaame! I just spent a fortune on that Ducati and now you say the gang is done!?

Anyways, what alignment is the bomb role? Can it be either or? I would assume that in this case it would be town aligned because of Eros' role as a mafia member. Why would mafia need a 'hurtlocker' if the bomb was mafia as well? For now I'm going to operate under the assumption that Apollo is town and, if he actually is a bomb, is just kind of a booby trap for mafia. I could be totally wrong in that though, I'm not a very seasoned Mafia player.

Also, Hygieia, you're acting really strange. Your megapush for Nyx and Apollo is kind of unnerving to me.

And Hermes what's with your change in attitude? Blink twice if you've been replaced with a pod person.
Bomb's are usually neutral and kill the person who kills them. So the scumbag who performs the kill shot gets bombed or the final lynch vote gets bombed ... that being said, I don't think Apollo is a bomb. I think he's trying to threaten bomb status to ensure that no one wants to kill him. That being said, if we ever get through this freaking annoying bandwagon stuff (I am still a little confused, yes) I willingly volunteer to be the lynch vote for him. If he's a bomb, I die and everyone keeps playing. If he's not, he's probably a scumbag. I still think he's a scumbag. That being said, I'm still not willing to vote, mostly because I want to be careful about the bandwagon thing.

Well I guess it's time to reveal to you all that I am a Bomb Squad Rookie. I'm "bomb-proof" but it's not guaranteed that I'll live. Hades, that's a pretty noble thing you just promised and that definitely says "Town" to me. If there's even a small chance that we can prevent more Town deaths then that's good enough for me. Should Apollo be close to lynching I'll vote him and (hopefully not) sacrifice myself.

[M] Athena
Hestia;2902266']but he's yet to roleclaim.

He's roleclaimed since.

[M] Athena
Apollo;2902270']I look forward to the fireworks I really do because more than 1 of you will have egg on their face :bigsmile:

Whoa whoa whoa, red flag people, red flag. I think he kills everyone that votes for him.

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Hades has the right idea, we need to learn something from today's lynch. We learned nothing yesterday. I don't trust Poseidon, but I don't trust Apollo more. Hades putting himself up for the final vote also makes me trust his intentions for the town to learn from the lynch and not to just get us to lynch who he wants.

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Nyx;2902275']
Hestia;2902266']but he's yet to roleclaim.

He's roleclaimed since.

Yeah I noticed.

Nyx;2902276']
Apollo;2902270']I look forward to the fireworks I really do because more than 1 of you will have egg on their face :bigsmile:

Whoa whoa whoa, red flag people, red flag. I think he kills everyone that votes for him.

If he does, this role is overpowered and broken and I'd call shenanigans. So I say, call the bluff.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Wha...if that's true then like everyone else is a bomb :confused:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Okay okay before everyone has a fit, not everyone will die if I go BOOM, that would be ridiculous:D

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:23 AM
I think Apollo is referring to the fact that I pushed very hard to have him lynched and I'm convinced he is scum.

I don't second guess myself. It's part of what makes me a capable monster hunter.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Hades;2902272']I'm not even sort of gonna back down from this. Apollo, regardless of his role is not helping the town one bit. From where I'm sitting, the only way us lynching you doesn't help the town is if you're vanilla. And if you're vanilla, why the hell would you claim bomb? Here's the break down of each situation.

Apollo is definitely not vanilla. In the off chance that this is the case I will personally go to the house of the person playing him to rape him, club him with a hammer, rape him again, and stuff him in a tiny petri dish. Then rape him again just for good measure.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:29 AM
All these bomb roles are giving me the heeby jeebies. Why would we need more bomb roles? I will tell you. If the people who claimed the blue stuff are telling the truth then one of these things is true.

1. Apollo is some sort of nuclear bomb that kills more than one person
2. Apollo isn't the only bomb

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:29 AM
@Hygieia Your inflated self assurance makes me enjoy this all the more;)

@Artemis Don't write a cheque your a$$ can't cash boy;) I assure you I'm not Vanilla. There will be fireworks :bigsmile:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Apollo;2902293']@Hygieia Your inflated self assurance makes me enjoy this all the more;)

@Artemis Don't write a cheque your a$$ can't cash boy;) I assure you I'm not Vanilla. There will be fireworks :bigsmile:
I call your bluff and raise you a qu. :quina:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Hemera you should be the final lynch of Apollo since you claim that you're bomb proof.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:34 AM
@Hygieia If your so sure I'm scum offer up yourself as the final vote ;)

[M] Athena
Del Zeus did mention that he suspected the game would be a short one. I considered the idea last night that a bomb role could kill more than one person, and Apollo's post threw up warning flags.

One possibility is that the Hurt Locker and Bomb Squad Rookie roles protect themselves (maybe others (everyone, or just their faction) too, or maybe they disarm the bomb entirely).

In any case, I'm feeling really paranoid about Apollo.

[M] Eizen
I agree, Artemis. I will vote when Apollo gets a few more on him.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:37 AM
@Hemera Given the fact you call me a dick I'd love to take you to the underworld with me :p

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Apollo;2902258']@Hera You seem very sure I'm not scum! I wonder how you know the mafia aren't sticking their necks out? Scum much :p
This is a stretch. Hera has never said you weren't scum, she just follows the logic that if Mafia has a Hurtlocker and you're the only bomb, you are either town aligned or neutral. If you were town aligned I think you'd be doing way more to save the town than you are. If town wins, all townies living or dead win. If you're neutral, you win if you survive. Which means you won't put the good of the town first (which you haven't), you'll put survival first (which you have.)

Apollo;2902262']
Artemis;2902257']
Hades;2902240']

Maybe I just enjoying messing with all the "pros" :)
The bomb can also be neutral, and win by surviving. This would lead the bomb to prioritize whatever keeps them alive, and not prioritize town.

Also, Apollo lmao. Haven't you insinuated that I'm amateur? (You may not have, but I don't have time to go through ALL your posts atm.)

Nyx;2902267']
Hades;2902240']If you were allaying the vote for Persephone, why didn't you change your vote then? I'm suspicious of you, definitely. I can't figure you out. You're arguing here that you were actually trying to prevent Persephone's death through argument, but you could have done the exact same thing by simply unvoting. Why wouldn't you take a direct action that was possible instead of a roundabout action that probably wouldn't work? Odd.

Perhaps allaying was the wrong word, then. I wasn't trying to prevent Persephone's death, I was trying to prevent people jumping on a bandwagon for no reason. Because what happens is that people look to the person who made a serious vote and gave evidence and then point at them and say it's all their fault. Like has happened. Persephone was highest on my radar -- you might say I'm a terrible player if so, but at least I gave a reason. But I'm sure I've explained this enough times already.

Hades;2902240']
I don't think Apollo is a bomb. I think he's trying to threaten bomb status to ensure that no one wants to kill him. That being said, if we ever get through this freaking annoying bandwagon stuff (I am still a little confused, yes) I willingly volunteer to be the lynch vote for him. If he's a bomb, I die and everyone keeps playing. If he's not, he's probably a scumbag. I still think he's a scumbag.
I haven't thought you to be scum, so I'm hesitant to let you be the final vote in case Apollo is the bomb. However, offering to be the "sacrifice" is probably the most scummy thing I've seen you do all game, but even so, it's enough to make you show up on my radar.

If you cast the lynching vote on Apollo and he flips scum, you look like the hero that risked death to save the town. Like you said earlier, the only way we're really going to be sure of your role is when you die.

Hades;2902240']
If he's a bomb and I die, your roleclaim is probably legitimate and you're an asset to the town. If Apollo is scum, you've protected him in a weird way and are probably scum too.

If you knew he was scum, then you're effectively setting up Hera to take the next fall.

##Vote: [M] Apollo

I think Apollo is pretty scummy. That's the end of my justification so you guys don't leap on me for starting a bandwagon. :eep:
How is sacrifice scummy? If he flips scum and Hera takes the fall, ends up being pro-town, then you know I'm scum too. Scum ends up losing the same amount of players.

Nyx;2902276']

That's a bluff. And you've been way smarter than that all along. What gives?

Hestia;2902278']Hades has the right idea, we need to learn something from today's lynch. We learned nothing yesterday. I don't trust Poseidon, but I don't trust Apollo more. Hades putting himself up for the final vote also makes me trust his intentions for the town to learn from the lynch and not to just get us to lynch who he wants.
Bingo. Though you could be bandwagoning to scapegoat me as scum because you know Apollo isn't scum, the town will LEARN from the next SEVERAL lynches and the next SEVERAL mafia kills instead of just taking it one day at a time. The town has the opportunity to make plans.

HOWEVER.

The fact that 2 players have now roleclaimed that they have bomb detection abilities really bugs me. Especially the one who claims to be bomb-proof, but unsure of how bomb-proof bomb-proof is? One or both of Hera and Hemera have to be bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting, unless there are like a kabillion bombs on both sides. Interesting.

What could be happening in paranoia land (Hades head) Apollo and Hemera are both scum and trying to get me to trade. A smart person, obviously, would insist at this point we take the risk of making the bomb-proof claimant the lynch-vote. That way we lose no town. What actually happens is the "smart" person tries to use this line of reasoning and the other scum and some town see "smart" person as a flip-flopper, they stop trusting me and possibly even lynch me.

I'm sticking to my guns.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Nyx;2902298']Del Zeus did mention that he suspected the game would be a short one. I considered the idea last night that a bomb role could kill more than one person, and Apollo's post threw up warning flags.

Well in that case

##Vote: Hermes

Can't have the game end that soon. When in doubt go with Hermes. :redface:

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Artemis;2902296']Hemera you should be the final lynch of Apollo since you claim that you're bomb proof.
Nope. It's safer if it's me, because I am totally vanilla. Hemera has roleclaimed a more powerful... what.... wait...

Hemera;2902299']I agree, Artemis. I will vote when Apollo gets a few more on him.

That was fast. Something is mother fucking rotten in Olympus.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:42 AM
And Nyx, I fail to see how sacrificing to see who is lying is scummy. If Apollo does turn out to be scum then that would make you scum as well since you're trying to scare us along with Apollo.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Technically I'm pro-town but ruffling the feathers of those that take this game much too seriously has become too much fun. Town is better off without me but things won't be half as much fun. Decide who's coming with me to the underworld already I need to sleep soon

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:43 AM
It's safer for Hemera actually since she claims to be bomb proof. Vanillas are not bomb proof.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Apollo;2902297']@Hygieia If your so sure I'm scum offer up yourself as the final vote ;)
Not when someone claims to be semi bomb proof and is willing to be the final vote. I know I'm not bomb proof.

Also you could be a mafia bomb or a serial killer bomb or a Demon Dude bomb, the first two making you explosive scum and the last makes you annoying.

[M] Felix
Yes, definitely let Hemera take the vote if we're gonna lynch him. If she's not as she claims then she's a dirty liar and she'll go poof anyway.

[M] Apollo
But Hemera could be bluffing, could she not? And Hera could be bluffing? or they could both be bluffing and trying to mislead the town into believing there are multiple bombs or superkill bombs.

The double bomb-prevention roleclaim has thrown a hink in our giddyap. I don't see Del Zeus nerfing the town that much, unless he's already stacked the deck against us in a bad way.

Argh.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 02:50 AM
In mafia it is very possible to overthink :|

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 02:50 AM
I think I'm letting my paranoia get the better of me. If the majority of the town agrees that it's better for Hemera to be the lynch vote then I will also agree to that.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 02:51 AM
rofl Hades

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
I think Del said this would be fast because of Hephestus's role, but he was killed before he could use it. Bus drivers target 2 people. Drunk drivers crash cars. That would kill the 2 people he targeted and possibly Hephestus himself. Add that onto the two other nightkills and thats a potential of 5 in one night.

[M] Athena
Hades;2902301']That's a bluff. And you've been way smarter than that all along. What gives?

I already mentioned what Del Zeus said. If necessary, I'll go drag up the quote. But that bounced around my head for a great deal of time last night, I even wrote a sticky note on my desktop to make sure I posted it. Apollo's post reinforced it.

Thank you for the compliment on my intelligence though. I appreciate it.

Artemis;2902305']And Nyx, I fail to see how sacrificing to see who is lying is scummy. If Apollo does turn out to be scum then that would make you scum as well since you're trying to scare us along with Apollo.

Does someone else want to explain this? I thought it was a common concept.

I'll try and simplify it, not because I'm trying to be condescending, but because it might get to unwieldly if I make the model life sized.

Two mafia members. Mafia member A has a lot of heat. Mafia member B campaigns against Mafia member A and Mafia member A gets lynched. Mafia member B looks like a really great townie, he helped kill a scumbag! But really, all he did was sacrifice a teammate who looked like he was going anyway in order to make himself look innocent.

This is what I am suggesting. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm offering alternative outcomes.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Hades;2902314']I think I'm letting my paranoia get the better of me. If the majority of the town agrees that it's better for Hemera to be the lynch vote then I will also agree to that.

Hemera's roleclaim vs mine, this is getting interesting :bigsmile:

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 02:54 AM
@everyone trying to convince us that Apollo is a nuke. I don't buy it, I don't trust you, cut it out :colbert:

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Hygieia;2902316']I think Del said this would be fast because of Hephestus's role, but he was killed before he could use it. Bus drivers target 2 people. Drunk drivers crash cars. That would kill the 2 people he targeted and possibly Hephestus himself. Add that onto the two other nightkills and thats a potential of 5 in one night.

This is a great explanation and far less broken than an uber bomb, or whatever our working definition is.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Crazy theory time.

There are three (or four depending on Hermes's mood) factions.

Normal Town
(stinky) Mafia
Corrupt Bomb Squad
Hermes when he feels like it

It's possible and if it's true then part of the mindsmurf is the fact that an opposing faction is colored blue.

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Truthfully, I see where Nyx is coming from after some more consideration. The first time I was mafia we did something similar, I think. That was a looooooong time ago, though.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Hygieia;2902310']
Also you could be a mafia bomb or a serial killer bomb or a Demon Dude bomb, the first two making you explosive scum and the last makes you annoying.

As a side note, I want to rep you for this post.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I highly doubt that theory is the way things actually are. But it is interesting to say the least.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Nyx;2902324']
Hygieia;2902310']

As a side note, I want to rep you for this post.
:aimkiss:

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Hygieia;2902322']Crazy theory time.

There are three (or four depending on Hermes's mood) factions.

Normal Town
(stinky) Mafia
Corrupt Bomb Squad
Hermes when he feels like it

It's possible and if it's true then part of the mindsmurf is the fact that an opposing faction is colored blue.
A Corrupt Bomb Squad could work. But if there is a bomb, and both Mafia and Bomb Squad have the ability to defend against the bomb, that means we should have a bomb proof townie (by rights).

Hades;2902323']Truthfully, I see where Nyx is coming from after some more consideration. The first time I was mafia we did something similar, I think. That was a looooooong time ago, though.

Thank you for understanding. I thought maybe I had caught a bout of insanity and was talking nonsense!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Nyx;2902317']

Artemis;2902305']And Nyx, I fail to see how sacrificing to see who is lying is scummy. If Apollo does turn out to be scum then that would make you scum as well since you're trying to scare us along with Apollo.

Does someone else want to explain this? I thought it was a common concept.

I'll try and simplify it, not because I'm trying to be condescending, but because it might get to unwieldly if I make the model life sized.

Two mafia members. Mafia member A has a lot of heat. Mafia member B campaigns against Mafia member A and Mafia member A gets lynched. Mafia member B looks like a really great townie, he helped kill a scumbag! But really, all he did was sacrifice a teammate who looked like he was going anyway in order to make himself look innocent.

This is what I am suggesting. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm offering alternative outcomes.
Nyx has the mark on this tactic. It's called throwing someone under the bus.

[M] Helo
08-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Ok, I'm in the middle of typing up a much longer post regarding some earlier stuff, but this discussion is all over the place.

I'm not getting the suspicion against either Hades or Hemera at this point, and I was suspicious of Hades earlier. Hades offered to off himself to lynch Apollo, and Hemera volunteered to be the final vote, though it might also cost him death. With a game with (presumably) at least one bomb and given how mindsmurfed this is, I don't see how either of those are unlikely. Trying to divert attention to them is what's most suspicious to me (looking at Artemis and Nyx).

Hades: I'm having trouble following your concerns about a "trade." You can't even be lynched tomorrow if you get yourself killed today.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 03:00 AM
I see a lot of talking but not a lot of bandwagoning :p

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 03:01 AM
I think this is the current vote count, by the way. Next vote must be on Hermes.

Votecount
I will put a (b) next to a person's name if the vote counted as a bandwagon or not.

Poseidon (4) - Hermes, Hebe(b), Apollo, Hestia(b), Apollo(b)
Nyx (4) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b), (self-vote)
Apollo (2) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), Hygieia, Nyx(b)
Hermes (1) - Artemis

Not voting: Ares, Demeter, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hades, Hemera

[M] D'Anna
08-25-2010, 03:02 AM
No one seems to be in favor of lynching Hermes, I'm going to bandwagon him so we're free to vote for whomever.

##vote: Hermes

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I've heard of it. I still say let Hemera do it.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 03:03 AM
I have voted Apollo 4 times today. :lol:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Make that 5.

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Votecount

Poseidon (3) - Hermes, Hebe(b), Apollo, Hestia(b), Apollo(b)
Nyx (3) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b)
Hermes (2) - Artemis, Hestia(b)
Apollo (2) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), Hygieia, Nyx(b), Hygieia

Not voting: Ares, Demeter, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hades, Hemera

Next vote must be a bandwagon on Apollo.

Day 3 ends in about 3 and a half hours.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm off to sleep time to fire a parting shot!

See you all for the fireworks :bigsmile:

[M] Apollo
Poseidon, can you quote the specific post you're having trouble with. I am all over the place right now because I thought I had something close to buttoned up but now I'm not so sure (mindfuck mindfuck mindfuck.)

[M] D'Anna
Apollo you cannot make that vote.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Apollos vote on Hermes is not valid.

I think his unvote is valid though

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 03:08 AM
Apollo;2902341']I'm off to sleep time to fire a parting shot!

See you all for the fireworks :bigsmile:

Hestia;2902343']Apollo you cannot make that vote.
She's right, sorry. There were some posts made while I was typing up that votecount. I have edited it. Next vote must be on you I'm afraid.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 03:09 AM
##Vote: Apollo ;)

[M] Eizen
08-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Jesus Christ! I have to ask permission to put myself in harms way? Let me put it this way.

I'm fucking bomb proof... sometimes.

Is Hades bomb proof, even if just a tiny little bit? My guess is no. You may be Lord of the Underworld but you 100% won't come back from this. Let me fucking do it. I'm going to try to anyways, should it come to that, so you might as well just sit back, relax, and sip your Styx tea.

[M] Eizen
08-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Oh look at me taking 20 years to type that up and post it while everyone else has moved on.

Nothin' to see here folks. Go on about your business. :shobon:

[M] Helo
08-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Hades;2902342']Poseidon, can you quote the specific post you're having trouble with. I am all over the place right now because I thought I had something close to buttoned up but now I'm not so sure (mindsmurf mindsmurf mindsmurf.)

This part of your last big post:

What could be happening in paranoia land (Hades head) Apollo and Hemera are both scum and trying to get me to trade. A smart person, obviously, would insist at this point we take the risk of making the bomb-proof claimant the lynch-vote. That way we lose no town. What actually happens is the "smart" person tries to use this line of reasoning and the other scum and some town see "smart" person as a flip-flopper, they stop trusting me and possibly even lynch me.

The rest of your non-"paranoid land" post was otherwise solid. Though I don't think so much bomb crap is so suspicious in this crazy game.

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 03:11 AM
You don't have to ask permission. Like I said, I'm paranoid about this kind of stuff. I guess with this bandwagon thing I can't really stop you from being the lynch vote, because you can either 1) Not vote or 2) keep changing the bandwagon until the day ends.

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 03:14 AM
@ Poseidon: If I had vehemently argued that Hemera should be the sacrifice and then Hemera was a pro-town that died in the sacrifice, that would paint me very badly. However, I win if town wins, and if there really is a chance we might take out a non-town and NOT lose a pro-town, I realize I should take it whether I'm the next to die or not.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Del didn't create a mindsmurf set-up. We create the mindsmurf by WIFOM overload.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm assuming Hemera has a percentage chance to survive the blast. There are other roles like this. The insane doctor is an example, and whatever Strawberry's role was last game also had a chance to give an STD.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Right have to sleep

##unvote:Apollo

Happy exploding :bigsmile:

[M] Apollo
08-25-2010, 03:23 AM
I will have to be going shortly as well. I really wanted to hear more from Poseidon and several others who have been quiet throughout this whole shebang. I'll try to check once more before I go to sleep, but until then...

##vote Apollo

[M] Athena
You can't unvote Apollo.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
Apollo can't unvote, he fails. I really don't know what to do right now, so I think I will leave my vote on Poseidon and hope that I can come back here before the day is over and something will happen so I can vote.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm not even sure his vote on himself went through. I hope so, I don't like Apollo one bit.

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Apollo's unvote indeed fails, but now Hades has a vote on Apollo, so he can unvote if he chooses. (though his vote is on himself anyway for not voting even if I counted it)

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Apollo is most likely is the bomb, but he is playing for himself though hence his vote for the doctor to save himself despite Apollo not actually believing the doctor was scummy.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Does his vote on himself count though? He didn't exactly unvote Poseidon, but that was inferred.

[M] Caprica
08-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Children, children! All these well-structured and compelling arguments are giving me a headache! Or maybe... it's a sexy-ache? Am I right or am I right?

I, too, would like to know whether Apollo's vote on himself went through. Del Zeus?

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Please talk about something other than your alleged innate sex appeal...

[M] Helo
08-25-2010, 03:58 AM
I thought about saving this for tomorrow but I might not have much online time and forget, so I wanted to hopefully save some fruitless arguing and lynching and at least might help some good discussion. My big post:

And this officially teaches me not to sign up for this game when it occurs during the first week of classes.

I just tried to wade through some of the current discussion. Even though the attention has drifted from me a bit, I would first like to address a big deal that has been made out of this one post of mine (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901647-post321.html), with the following assessment by Hermes, because I might not even have time tomorrow with a chunk of my journal article editing due Thursday:

- Poseidon plays it both ways. If the town turns on me, bam, he can easily join in. If not, no worries, I could just be town. Notice how he never expressively states his view one way or the other…

- Notice how Poseidon is not to blame for things. He could be wrong about me, but that's ok, he's a new player. Hestia isn't the most suspicious to him, but that's ok, he's got to go so he'll make a safe vote for her.

I just have one explanation for this: If that were my only post, I would agree with it entirely. But the point is belied by the fact that I came out as suspicious against Hestia before anyone else, and announced suspicions of both Hades and Apollo. I felt the need to post my thoughts about Hermes because with his new biker gang he was the center of attention, and… well, I wasn’t sure. Maybe I should have waited to read things more carefully or even wait for someone else better than me to come up with a better idea, but I have been rushed for any serious posting time since this weekend.

Hermes also missed one side of this analysis: given that the above post is different from my prior posts as in my first wavering post, that post is suspicious that Hermes and I are both mafia. I was not shy about pointing out suspicions, even towards unpopular subjects, beforehand, but someone else is the target and suddenly I get wishy-washy. The likely reasons I see are that maybe I actually was unsure because the situation was bizarre, or maybe I was protecting my ass if my mafia buddy gets found out, so no one can point fingers at me for trying to defend him.

But I was just unsure. And I don’t think Hermes is mafia (yes, that is also what I would say if we were both mafia, but then Hermes wouldn’t have put a spotlight on me where none was before). If you need to lynch me, oh well; I assure you the town will not be losing much by my death, outside of my brilliant posts, of course.

My thoughts: I still do not trust Apollo or Hestia. But as I concluded in my last post, I highly doubt both are mafia due to the voting of last round. I would support lynching Apollo, and if he turns mafia, I would consider Hestia almost beyond suspicion (yes, I will finally shut up about you :p). I think we should call Apollo’s bluff, since he’s really not helping us either way.

I also do not trust Nyx or Helios, given the reasons of Hermes’s extensive post around that. Helios especially had a sketchy bandwagon onto Nyx’s posts, continuing the theme of emphasizing the loss of the town. Maybe it’s just me, but that just always sounds insincere and trying too hard to show people your town loyalty, especially making similar comments well after someone else. I just can’t believe they’re both mafia, or else they’re just highly incompetent, so out of two I trust Helios the least, if only for bandwagoning. Helios needs to be looked at.

Also, did you guys realize that Eros was mafia? Isn’t that some sort of clue? I just looked back through this entire thread and she did nothing. No Day 1 or 2 votes, and posted anything really just on Day 0. And no one had even mentioned her. How long would she have lived if one of the killing factions hadn’t targeted her? Don’t you think this should bring on some suspicion for all the other non-posting non-voters out there? This is not for today, as we seem to have enough on our hands right now and only a couple of hours left, but it’s something to think about down the line.

Whew.

I have no idea what I can vote for right now, so I’ll just hang back. I would vote for Apollo or Helios, though it looks like only Apollo has a chance of being lynched.

## Vote: Apollo (I think I can do that)

[M] Helo
08-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Hah, I just realized I decided to vote for Apollo and left in the "hang back" line (which I had just typed). I should sleep.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Poseidon;2902383']
Also, did you guys realize that Eros was mafia? Isn’t that some sort of clue? I just looked back through this entire thread and she did nothing. No Day 1 or 2 votes, and posted anything really just on Day 0. And no one had even mentioned her. How long would she have lived if one of the killing factions hadn’t targeted her? Don’t you think this should bring on some suspicion for all the other non-posting non-voters out there?

From my observations, the nightkills have all targetted inactives (or just very quiet posters). This, in my mind, supports the idea of two mafia factions, as the common mafia tactic is to just take out inactives so you don't draw any attention.

Why, then, is Ares untouched? Not a single post all game. Dionysus and Eilithyia have both disappeared off the radar after Day 1. Eilithyia has made only two posts, one of them confirmation and the other was a vote on Medusa.

Dionysus also disappeared when he had a double vote ability. I can't make sense of that, but Poseidon is right in that it is something to think about after today.

[M] Athena
08-25-2010, 04:34 AM
And by 'it' in the last sentence, I am referring to inactives. Just to clarify.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Okay, I am a fed goddess. My madness will subside for now.

My guess is that either Ares, Dionysus, and Eilithyia are in need of replacements which is why Del is looking for one now. The others are just lay lows. While it's true that not all mafia behave alike, we should pay close attention to inactive players that behaved similar to Eros.

[M] Caprica
08-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Upon further investigation, Helios stands out. (I'll try my best not to be too hypocritical..)
First he voted for Persephone (our doctor) with this justification:

Helios;2901487']
I'm very light on my reasoning for my votes because I don't feel that there's very much I can piece together so far. Not sure what else you want from me!

Also, I'm very in-and-out with little time to analyze. My vote for Persephone stands. Peace, guys!

Woah! Someone being almost as vague as I am! Sorry Helios, to get away with that, you must be atleast an 8 on the sex-o-scale. Or a townie who has just made a mistake. I suspect you are neither.
Then, he voted for Nyx:

Helios;2901981']
I'm actually on the fence between Nyx and Tyche. Those are my gut instincts right now. I voted for Nyx over Tyche because of her push for Persephone's lynch.

Two people who haven't been particularly suspicious in the scheme of things (yes, I admit I initially voted clumsily.) Since Tyche has also placed a vote for Nyx, I wonder if Helios is mentioning her as a suspect simply to distract from their mafia plot to eliminate Nyx.

Helios;2901981']I usually don't say this but let's not forget about inactives. Look at Eros!

Eros, the mafia member, who had been eliminated earlier. Was it an accident or another tactic by Helios to create the illusion that he is innocent and unaware of the movements of his mafia compadres?

If my theory of Nyx being a mafia target is correct, she must be innocent. For this reason..

##Unvote: [M] Nyx
##Vote: [M] Helios

(Pretty sure I can do that.. my apologies if I cannot. :) )

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Votecount

Apollo (5) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), Hygieia, Nyx(b), Hygieia, Apollo, Hades(b), Poseidon(b)
Poseidon (2) - Hermes, Hebe(b), Apollo, Hestia(b), Apollo(b)
Nyx (2) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b)
Helios (2) - Hera, Poseidon(b), Aphrodite

Not voting: Ares, Demeter, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hemera

Next vote must be made on Helios.

Day 3 ends in about 1 and a half hours.

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Looks like we have one hour left till the end of the day, and Apollo currently has the most votes. I am a little uncomfortable with this. Hopefully, I'll get this bandwagon vote for Helios over with so someone could cast another vote for someone new, if they want to! :jess:

##Unvote: Nyx
##Vote: Helios

[M] Eizen
08-25-2010, 05:53 AM
##vote: Apollo

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
08-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Helios. so...

thank you,
Dionysus

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Dionysus, your vote doesn't count. The next vote must be for Apollo.

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Oh, what a pity!

Oh, how much time do we have left, Del Zeus?

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 06:00 AM
~30min

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Oh splendid!

Today must be Apollo's lucky day!

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 06:03 AM
I, Tyche, lady of luck
Feel something foul is amuck.
So, great Zeus, hear me pray,
And please give us another day.
*rubs rabbit's foot* *gives clover a pinch*,
*taps horseshoe* ##PREVENT LYNCH!

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Nothing happens.

Tick tock tick tock (that's the clock ticking down on Day 3)

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 06:07 AM
:bou::bou::bou::bou: :(

[M] Colette
08-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Oh man, I'm not going to lie, this is rather annoying...
Ok, I haven't read up on the little bit that I've missed, as the day is running out, but I think I should at least throw my archaic opinion out there.
I've been seeing Apollo as being a little bit sus for a while, constantly trying to save his 'a$$' and there were a few times that he pointed out the fact that he was in danger of lynching, when it wasn't all too certain. Despite this he hasn't done anything (from what I've read so far) that I think is this damning, but I do want to make a vote...
So if I vote Apollo it frees up the bandwagon to start elsewhere I guess.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Demeter, you may want to at least read up on the part where a good number of us think Apollo is a bomb and the last person to have voted for him before you has a chance of surviving the blast.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-25-2010, 06:28 AM
##: Clean up mess from the annihilation of the Minotaur

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Tick Tock, Tick Tock

So sounds the Apollo clock.

All the gods may want to clear the room.

You don't want to be around when Apollo goes BOOM!

Apollo was a Mega Bomb, played by Shattered Dreamer. Thanks for playing! (you were very entertaining)

Unfortunately, Demeter did not clear the room like I said (she never listens). Demeter was a Serial Killer, played by Timekeeper.

Day 3 Final Votecount

Apollo (7) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), Hygieia, Nyx(b), Hygieia, Apollo, Hades(b), Poseidon(b), Hemera, Demeter(b)
Helios (3) - Hera, Poseidon(b), Aphrodite, Tyche(b)
Nyx (1) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b)

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Eilithyia

Night 3 starts now and lasts 24 hours. Let's get them in so I can start Day 4 early, though I am going to bed now so it won't start for at least 8 hours. ;)

Del Murder
08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
With that infernal ticking gone, the gods were able to sleep a little more soundly. All except Hygieia, who couldn't sleep knowing a mess was out there, so she spent the night cleaning up bits of Apollo. She thought she was done, but in the distance she spotted a particularly large speck of dirt. As she got closer she saw that it was a hoof, and looked up in horror to find that the hoof belonged to the Minotaur's big brother, Megotaur. Megotaur was not pleased about how she killed his brother (because he owed him 10 bucks), and promptly gored Hygieia.

Artemis was the first to awake and find Hygieia's body. Determined to avenge her grand-niece, Artemis went on the hunt. She soon found the Megotaur at a pond, hitting on some nymphs. She summoned all her strength and aimed an arrow right at his head. It was so well shot that it went right through his skull, all the way around the world, and hit Artemis herself right in the back of the head.

Hermes then showed up and teabagged the Megotaur. For good measure he teabagged Artemis too.

Hygieia was a Mason, played by qwertysaur. Thanks for playing! Sorry to see you go, qwert, you're one of the best.

Artemis was a Sane Cop Who Thought They Were Insane, played by Shiny. Thanks for playing! It was fun watching you go mad trying to understand your role. ;)

The rest of Olypus awoke to find Jason and the Argo had left, but one Argonaut stayed behind. It was Heracles, son of Zeus and greatest Greek hero of all. He addressed them, "Most hallowed gods, my father would like me to pass a message on to you. There is benefit to teamwork, but sometimes the greatest strength comes from the individual. I have felled many a beast in my travels, most with nothing more than these two hands. For that reason, father has decreed that you must think for yourselves today. That way, the strong will be separated from the vile."

Game info:
The opposite of Bandwagon Day, today is Think for Yourselves Day! This time, you cannot vote for the person who was last voted. In addition to that, once you unvote, you cannot vote for the person you most recently voted for. Like before, you can only unvote once someone else has voted. Example:

Del Murder votes for Psychotic.
Demon Dude now cannot vote for Psychotic, so he votes for Del Murder.
Psychotic now cannot vote for Del Murder, but he can vote for anyone else (even himself if he chooses). He votes for Demon Dude.
Del Murder is allowed to unvote (and he was able to as soon as Demon Dude voted). He does so. He now cannot vote for Demon Dude (the previous vote cast), and Psychotic (his previous vote). So he votes for himself because he's silly.
Once someone else votes, Del Murder can unvote and vote for Psychotic again if he chooses (but he cannot vote for himself).

Only votes made in this manner will be counted today.

Day 4 starts now and ends in 24 hours or when a majority lynch takes place. With 14 players left it takes 8 votes for a majority.

[M] Felix
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Two kills? I figured that'd end with the Serial Killer getting himself blown up. A one-shot thing, maybe?

:confused:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Ok, I finally have a day completely to myself, and I will soon make a large post. I think I will try to give my opinion on everyone, then go into more detail, or something...

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-25-2010, 10:32 PM
When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside
You gotta take a stand you don't have to hide
If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride
I gotta be a man, I can't let it slide
I am a Real American
Fight for the rights of every man
I am a Real American
Fight for what's right, fight for your life!

[M] Eizen
08-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. I hope this was a one-time deal and not another killing faction.

[M] Gaius
08-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh Hermes and his crazy role claims! :jess:

Now, let's see. Apparently my attempt to prevent yesterday's lynch failed, most likely due to Apollo's role being the Mega Bomb, and I think this would give everyone a wrong impression of my role. But fear not, my fellow gods and goddesses, we can work together to rid this town of the scums! Now that a serial killer is gone, this would make our jobs a little bit easier, starting today!

With that, I shall cast the first vote of the day, and I think I'll go with our good friend Hades to get things started! Oh dear, I guess the next voter will have to choose someone else!

##Vote: Hades

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Tyche;2902624']Oh Hermes and his crazy role claims! :jess:Let me tell ya somethin', brother. 30,000 Hermesmaniacs can't be wrong. I am not crazy.

Voting for Poseidon. Same reasons as yesterday, dude.

##vote: Poseidon

[M] Gaius
08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh, I wasn't calling you crazy Hermes, just your role claims!

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Tyche;2902628']Oh, I wasn't calling you crazy Hermes, just your role claims!You better not have been, brother.

A lifetime of this awaits you if you were.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/hulk.gif

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 01:00 AM
If I could vote for Poseidon, perhaps I would based on Hermes reasoning from yesterday. Hmm. For now, I'll stay true to being my old mirror self and vote for Nyx because I still get the gut feeling that she's a no-gooder.

Why did two people die when a Serial Killer was killed? I want thoughts!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 01:03 AM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/goddessofsmurf/Smurfface.jpg

"One of the best movies of ALL TIME" - Kanye West

"I love the Mexicans so I endorse this." - George W. Bush

"I hate it. Absolutely terrible." - Wesley Raistlin (Wrong)

"I almost abandoned the abortion clinic to see this." - Miley Cyrus

"Yo dawg I heard you like movies so I put a movie in your movie so you can watch your movie." - Xzibit

"This is the :bou::bou::bou::bou:." - Jesus

[M] Eizen
08-26-2010, 01:16 AM
What are you on about Eilithyia?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Aphrodite: She jumped on the bandwagon for Persephone, then jumped on the bandwagon for Nyx the next day. Then, on day 3 after she saw that people were kinda moving from Nyx to Helios, with evidence that was recycled from pretty much everyone else, and was, of course, played off as her own evidence.
Aphrodite;2902407']Upon further investigation, Helios stands out. (I'll try my best not to be too hypocritical..)
First he voted for Persephone (our doctor) with this justification:

Helios;2901487']
I'm very light on my reasoning for my votes because I don't feel that there's very much I can piece together so far. Not sure what else you want from me!

Also, I'm very in-and-out with little time to analyze. My vote for Persephone stands. Peace, guys!

Woah! Someone being almost as vague as I am! Sorry Helios, to get away with that, you must be atleast an 8 on the sex-o-scale. Or a townie who has just made a mistake. I suspect you are neither.
Then, he voted for Nyx:

Helios;2901981']
I'm actually on the fence between Nyx and Tyche. Those are my gut instincts right now. I voted for Nyx over Tyche because of her push for Persephone's lynch.

Two people who haven't been particularly suspicious in the scheme of things (yes, I admit I initially voted clumsily.) Since Tyche has also placed a vote for Nyx, I wonder if Helios is mentioning her as a suspect simply to distract from their mafia plot to eliminate Nyx.

Helios;2901981']I usually don't say this but let's not forget about inactives. Look at Eros!

Eros, the mafia member, who had been eliminated earlier. Was it an accident or another tactic by Helios to create the illusion that he is innocent and unaware of the movements of his mafia compadres?

If my theory of Nyx being a mafia target is correct, she must be innocent. For this reason..

(Pretty sure I can do that.. my apologies if I cannot. :) )

Dionysus: Has done and said nearly nothing. Is inactive. Makes random votes for no real reason.

Eilithyia: Says and does nothing and is completely useless

Hades: Makes long, pretty intelligent posts. His arguement against Hermes seemed to be a simple misunderstanding, and I think it was a bluff when he chose to sacrifice himself to lynch the bomb, but I don't suspect him.

Helios: Has talked a fair bit and hasn't said much. Voted for Nyx for voting for Persephone, while it was her that did it, which has already been said.

Hemera: Has made a few posts, hasn't really said anything, but made a roleclaim, which I think is true, because of how she tried to have the final vote on the bomb. A town would almost never take that chance, and a mafia certainly wouldn't.

Hera: Seems to be a smart person that makes useful posts and gives me no reason to suspect her. I do not clear her because of her roleclaim, which she said herself, but I think she is Town based on how she acts

Hermes: Has made smart posts, seems to be having fun, isn't being all that distracting, and gives me no real reason to suspect him.

Hestia: Hestia, since I first stated my suspicions on her, has done nothing to make me suspect her more. I am still suspicious of her, but because she hasn't done anything lately to make me suspect her, I would do no more than watch her closely.

Nyx: Makes fair posts, I don't really have a read on her. Seems to be paying a lot of attention to inactives, but for good reason, I suppose

Poseidon: Hermes said everything there is to know about him. I don't know what else to add. Looking through his posts don't really say anything, except for what Hermes said

Tyche: Has done and said almost nothing, but I found something to object to...

Tyche;2902426']I, Tyche, lady of luck

Right here... I see 3 possibilities for this. Either she was joking, and it was not the time to be joking, she is a role that she thought was governor but it isn't, which is helped by the fact that we have roles like Drunk Bus Driver and Sane Insane Cop, or she is mafia trying to make us think either 1 or 2.

Who I suspect in order now of most to least, with people I don't believe are mafia left out...

Aphrodite
Tyche
Poseidon
Helios
Hestia

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Hebe;2902593']I think I will try to give my opinion on everyone, then go into more detail, or something...

You think you'll try or something? Mega Vague!

Hera;2902582']Two kills? I figured that'd end with the Serial Killer getting himself blown up. A one-shot thing, maybe?

Hemera;2902619']Oh for smurf's sake. I hope this was a one-time deal and not another killing faction.

Wait, who's mirroring who now? :cool:

Eilithyia;2902638']
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/goddessofsmurf/Smurfface.jpg

Post something serious. :choc:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Helios;2902643'][QUOTE='[M] Hebe;2902593']I think I will try to give my opinion on everyone, then go into more detail, or something...

You think you'll try or something? Mega Vague!

Lol, I meant "I plan on giving my opinion on everyone and then I will try going into more detail, or something", which is what I did, so myeh.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 01:49 AM
D:

Forgot the second quote tag XD

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Hebe;2902642']Helios: Has talked a fair bit and hasn't said much. Voted for Nyx for voting for Persephone, while it was her that did it, which has already been said.

While it was her that did it? Who did what? Sorry, your wording confused me and I don't understand what you're trying to say!

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Oh sorry, I meant "While she did the same".

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Tyche;2902624']
Now, let's see. Apparently my attempt to prevent yesterday's lynch failed, most likely due to Apollo's role being the Mega Bomb, and I think this would give everyone a wrong impression of my role.

So we're going to assume you're a Governor, but for some reason, that didn't go through? I suppose it is a possibility, but there's not a whole lot of evidence we can draw from that.

Tyche;2902624']
But fear not, my fellow gods and goddesses, we can work together to rid this town of the scums! Now that a serial killer is gone, this would make our jobs a little bit easier, starting today!
If I'm going to be attacked for posts like this, Tyche is going to as well. Of course working together is the way to rid the town of scum. Self evident really.

And is our job really easier now that the Serial Killer is dead? There is no solid evidence Demeter even killed anyone, drawing from last night's body count. That means there's still two people/parties out there that can wipe us out.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Maybe Tyche is a Naive Governor, dudes! Mindfuck Mafia and all - that's the best explanation I can come up with.

As far as the new kill is concerned...Inventor or One Shot Vg, perhaps. It's not really worth thinking about in too much detail as we won't know for sure until someone claims or dies. All I know is that I have the largest pythons in the world.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Helios;2902637']
Why did two people die when a Serial Killer was killed? I want thoughts!

1) A roleblocker prevented kills Nights 1 and 2.
2) Persephone protected one target Night 1, roleblocker prevented Night 2
3) Serial Killer was fake (See: Wannabe Serial Killer from last game)

Those are the only three I can think of.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Nyx;2902658']
Tyche;2902624']
Now, let's see. Apparently my attempt to prevent yesterday's lynch failed, most likely due to Apollo's role being the Mega Bomb, and I think this would give everyone a wrong impression of my role.

So we're going to assume you're a Governor, but for some reason, that didn't go through? I suppose it is a possibility, but there's not a whole lot of evidence we can draw from that.

Wow, I must've missed the part where she claimed Governor. But... uh, I guess it makes sense that she implied that she was one without actually flat-out saying it.

Nyx;2902658']
Tyche;2902624']
But fear not, my fellow gods and goddesses, we can work together to rid this town of the scums! Now that a serial killer is gone, this would make our jobs a little bit easier, starting today!
If I'm going to be attacked for posts like this, Tyche is going to as well. Of course working together is the way to rid the town of scum. Self evident really.

And is our job really easier now that the Serial Killer is dead? There is no solid evidence Demeter even killed anyone, drawing from last night's body count. That means there's still two people/parties out there that can wipe us out.

She sort of sounds like you and me. "All is not lost," etc. :)

I think Demeter was successful every night. And I think you're wrong about there being two dangers now.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Helios;2902663']
She sort of sounds like you and me. "All is not lost," etc. :)
I don't like how you have decided to attach yourself to me now. If I recall, you've been the one apparently mirroring my posts, not the other way around. I think you should stop trying to mimic me, and then throw heat on me. I don't appreciate it, and you've just elevated on my suspicions list.

Helios;2902663']
I think Demeter was successful every night. And I think you're wrong about there being two dangers now.

That's a possibility, as you can see from my earlier post, I didn't consider the possibility of a one-shot deal.

However, let's look at it for a second. A one-shot Vigilante or an Inventor are town aligned, yes?

Why then, would they choose to nightkill the night after the Serial Killer is killed? It just confuses the town as to what the deal is. It makes us suspect there's another threat out there.

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 02:22 AM
We wouldn't be any less confused if it happened on a later day. (Not to mention Inventors don't always know what they're doing!)

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Hera;2902668']We wouldn't be any less confused if it happened on a later day. (Not to mention Inventors don't always know what they're doing!)

I beg to differ (on both points).

If we had a single kill last night, and two kills this coming night, then it supports the idea of a one shot deal much more. Because what are the odds of there being three killing factions, with one blocked each night up until that point? Not high, I would imagine.

Inventors's gadgets usually have a hint in the name. You're aren't usually required to use them, either. Would it have been so hard to hold off until another night?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Nyx;2902666']I don't like how you have decided to attach yourself to me now. If I recall, you've been the one apparently mirroring my posts, not the other way around.

Rawr. No, I voted for Persephone first. The other "mirror" post about, "A Doctor is dead but all is not lost," was actually not related to you at all. As you can see from me not even really understanding that Tyche claimed Governor, I haven't been keeping the best tabs on the posts this game. I'll be stepping up quite a bit now, though. Really though, why so defensive? xD

Nyx;2902666']However, let's look at it for a second. A one-shot Vigilante or an Inventor are town aligned, yes?

Why then, would they choose to nightkill the night after the Serial Killer is killed? It just confuses the town as to what the deal is. It makes us suspect there's another threat out there.

They probably wouldn't. I mean, it'd be their choice to do so but I agree with you. It would be a bad choice. I don't think a role like that that was pro-town would do it.

[M] Gaius
08-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Nyx;2902662'][QUOTE='[M] Helios;2902637']
3) Serial Killer was fake (See: Wannabe Serial Killer from last game)

I seriously doubt our fallen Serial Killer is a fake. The role after Demeter's death flat out said Serial Killer, and not any other variation of the role.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:31 AM
I, too, think Demeter was the real deal. I think she killed Eros. (Nice shot.) :jess:

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Nyx;2902669']
Hera;2902668']We wouldn't be any less confused if it happened on a later day. (Not to mention Inventors don't always know what they're doing!)

I beg to differ (on both points).

If we had a single kill last night, and two kills this coming night, then it supports the idea of a one shot deal much more. Because what are the odds of there being three killing factions, with one blocked each night up until that point? Not high, I would imagine.

Inventors's gadgets usually have a hint in the name. You're aren't usually required to use them, either. Would it have been so hard to hold off until another night?

So hypothetically, if we had one kill last night, and two this night, you'd believe a one shot ability rather than a successful roleblock or something else interfering. But right now you think our Serial Killer couldn't get one successful hit? If I were a vigilante I'd just shoot whoever I thought was suspicious. Three days is enough to get a good feeling.

I guess it doesn't really matter, I just think that's a silly conclusion to come to.

Anyway, I'm voting you. Not because I disagree with you on this, that would be silly. I just find you scummy.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Ah, but you can't vote for Nyx. I voted for her as the most current vote. Think for yourself!

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Oh, I thought the last vote was Hades...

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Tyche;2902672']
I seriously doubt our fallen Serial Killer is a fake. The role after Demeter's death flat out said Serial Killer, and not any other variation of the role.

Would it not be more of a mindfuck if it were fake, though? That's what I was working off, that the presence of a fake Serial Killer would really confuse the town.

Hold onto that vote for me Helios. Now Hera can vote.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Hera;2902674']
So hypothetically, if we had one kill last night, and two this night, you'd believe a one shot ability rather than a successful roleblock or something else interfering. But right now you think our Serial Killer couldn't get one successful hit? If I were a vigilante I'd just shoot whoever I thought was suspicious. Three days is enough to get a good feeling.

I gave options, I'm not believing any one because that blinds me to other possibilities.

You're right on the vigilante deal though. I don't know why, but I just assumed a killing faction would just kill every night, town aligned or not. Which reinforces the previous paragraph in that it blinds me to other (more sensible) things.

Hera;2902674']
Anyway, I'm voting you. Not because I disagree with you on this, that would be silly. I just find you scummy.

Noted.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Nyx;2902678']
Tyche;2902672']

Would it not be more of a mindsmurf if it were fake, though? That's what I was working off, that the presence of a fake Serial Killer would really confuse the town.

Hold onto that vote for me Helios. Now Hera can vote.

:aimkiss:

It would be a mindfuck, indeed. I think you should drop that idea and stop spreading it around, though. Explain how there were 2+ kills each night if the Serial Killer actually had no hand in the deaths.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Helios;2902681']
It would be a mindsmurf, indeed. I think you should drop that idea and stop spreading it around, though. Explain how there were 2+ kills each night if the Serial Killer actually had no hand in the deaths.
I will explain it, then I will drop it. You seem to be baiting me here, which I don't like, but I feel a better explanation might help my cause.

Now, these are possibilities. I'm trying to cover as many bases as I can, because one overlooked might be the one that exists.

1) Two mafia, fake serial killer
2) Mafia, Vigilante, fake serial killer
3) Mafia, Real Serial Killer, fake serial killer (highly improbable)

I think that should cover the possibilities, really. But if we want to work with the idea that there was a one-shot kill last night and the serial killer is real, then I'm happy to do that.

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 02:51 AM

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Nyx;2902686']I will explain it, then I will drop it. You seem to be baiting me here, which I don't like, but I feel a better explanation might help my cause.

Now, these are possibilities. I'm trying to cover as many bases as I can, because one overlooked might be the one that exists.

1) Two mafia, fake serial killer
2) Mafia, Vigilante, fake serial killer
3) Mafia, Real Serial Killer, fake serial killer (highly improbable)

I think that should cover the possibilities, really. But if we want to work with the idea that there was a one-shot kill last night and the serial killer is real, then I'm happy to do that.

:aimkiss: :aimkiss:

I think all of those options are highly improbable. Roleblocking/Protecting the correct person is difficult enough in the beginning of the game but to have it happen on Night 1 and Night 2 leaving only 2 successful killshots per night... Preposterous! And yes, I'll drop it as well. But I'm glad we gave people things to talk about!

I'm about to go to bed unless we keep posting but I'll be up early. So don't miss me too much.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Haha oh wait derp derp. You were only saying there would be 2 kills each night which makes my roleblock/protection thought just way off base. My bad.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Why Nyx, Hera. Gotta have reasons!

http://www.wsd1.org/greenway/fitfun/124/Dillon/raisins.jpg

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 03:00 AM
That's okay Helios, so long as you understand now. Get to sleep so you can be rested and back to discuss later!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 03:03 AM
:aimkiss: :aimkiss: :aimkiss:

Okay, good night.

PS. I think I know how Artemis died!

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Helios;2902693']
PS. I think I know how Artemis died!

Way to leave on a cliff hanger, Helios. You should share that idea now, so it can be discussed.

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 03:08 AM
I could give reasons but it'd just be a repeat of various other posts. I don't like repeating things, regardless of whether or not I was the one who said them :|

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Smurfface premiering tonight at Del Cinema! Get your tickets!

Dear Helois, you think I am joking. How wrong you are, you clown. Artemis isn't dead yet. I used phoenix down. To smurf off the faces of all those around.

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 03:21 AM
A pie baker?

That's what pie baker does, right :confused:

[M] Caprica
08-26-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm in a hurry. Wah. All I have to say is, while this latest discussion has been interesting, it hasn't been particularly illuminating. Helios remains my prime suspect (for the same reasons as before) and that is how I am choosing to vote at this stage.

I wish I had more to contribute. Ah well. Smurf ya later!

Del Murder
08-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Votecout

Nyx (2) - Helios, Hera
Helios (2) - Nyx, Aphrodite
Hades (2) - Tyche, (self-vote)
Poseidon (2) - Hermes, (self-vote)

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Hades, Hebe, Hemera, Hestia, Poseidon

Day 4 ends in about 14 and a half hours.

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 06:40 AM
I will try to summarize my racing thoughts on notable people while I can stay awake:

Artemis/Hermes: Am I missing something here, or did a cop die who was focusing exclusively on Hermes? I know she was a sane insane cop, but if she investigated herself Night 1 like a good cop, she knew what her results were -- on the flip side, if she <i>didn't</i>, then she was thinking the opposite, which would make Hermes all-but beyond suspicion. Has Shiny played mafia before? Is she someone who would have known to do that? If she's new then I would doubt it.

Tyche: He has not screwed around as much as Apollo and Hermes, so I don't think he was just joking with that attempt to stop the lynch. I guess we can’t rule out a weird false or only-occasionally-successful role in this game, but it would also be quite a bluff. An explanation from him would be nice. He also didn’t provide any reasons for his vote for Hades. I think he’s been pretty suspicious, but I would like to hear his explanation for why he tried to stop the lynch and why he thought he could.

Nyx/Helios: I put these two together because I don’t think both can be mafia, but they have both aroused my suspicion. Nyx was very argumentative earlier today, but about pointless, highly unlikely hypothetical situations, which just confuses me, but it does seem unusually defensive. Helios has also been argumentative and seems to be trying to jump on everyone, which to me seems suspicious. Helios still grabs me as the most mafia-like. But they’ve been drawing too much attention to themselves and getting votes to have each other lynched for them both to be mafia.

Aphrodite: Has been a professional bandwagonner with little to no explanation in most cases. Her one attempt at it in this post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2902407-post632.html) had some pretty weak justifications (and I agree with her that Helios is suspicious) which if anything just makes her more scummy. She says Nyx wasn’t suspicious after having voted Nyx, and then offers some very weak non-evidence (as far as I can tell, just the fact that Helios happened to mention Eros). That post made her much more suspicious to me, as it seems like she was just trying very hard to find something on Helios in particular so she could hop on board.

Also, I don’t think some of you saw this post of mine (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2902383-post627.html) where I, in part, addressed Hermes (or at least no one responded). Citing someone else’s post as your exclusive evidence is not very helpful for discussion.

Helios and Aphrodite are my top choices at the moment (I will defer judgment on Tyche and Hermes until there’s more info). Since the last vote is for Helios, that means:

##Vote: Aphrodite

[M] Felix
08-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Even experienced mafia players rarely investigate themselves (Shiny has played several times before). Sometimes the host doesn't even let Doctors or Cops target themselves. After all, realistically you can't operate on yourself and if you can't just suddenly go "oh okay guess I'm insane." (Most hosts will let you, I think.)

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Really? I was under the impression it was more common. Though I have only heard that from one experienced player before (Freya).

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 07:08 AM
To keep track:

Day 3 Final Votecount

Apollo (7) - Hygieia, Artemis(b), Hygieia(b), Hygieia, Hestia(b), Hygieia, Nyx(b), Hygieia, Apollo, Hades(b), Poseidon(b), Hemera, Demeter(b)
Helios (3) - Hera, Poseidon(b), Aphrodite, Tyche(b)
Nyx (1) - Helios, Tyche(b), Aphrodite(b)

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Eilithyia

Day 1 Final Votecount
Hephaestus (4) - Asclepius, Persephone, Hestia, (self-vote)
Hades (3) - Hera, Hermes, Apollo
Apollo (2) - Artemis, Hemera
Tyche (2) - Helios, Nyx
Hestia (2) - Poseidon, Hebe
Poseidon (2) - Cerberus, Hygieia
Athena (2) - Aphrodite, (self-vote)
Hera (1) - Dionysus
Nyx (1) - Tyche
Hermes (1) - Hades
Hemera (0) - Apollo
Cerberus (0) - Hermes
Hebe (0) - Hestia

Not voting:
Ares, Athena, Demeter, Eilithyia, Eros, Hephaestus

No-vote:
Medusa

Day 2 Final Votecount

Persephone (7) - Helios, Nyx, Aphrodite, Tyche, Demeter, Hermes, Asclepius, Apollo, Hestia, Hebe, Apollo
Apollo (6) - Hygieia, Hestia, Hades, Persephone, Hestia, Hera
Hestia (1) - Apollo, Poseidon, Apollo
Eilithyia (2) - Asclepius, (self-vote)
Hermes (1) - Artemis
Artemis (1) - Hermes
]Asclepius[/COLOR] (0) - Hera

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Eilithyia, Eros, Hemera

Day 0 Final Votecount
Medusa - 4: Hygieia, Eilithyia, Apollo, Hemera
Eros - 2: Hestia, Athena
Hemera - 2: Poseidon, Hera
Nyx - 2: Persephone, (self-vote)
Aphrodite - 2: Hermes, (self-vote)
Hera - 2: Hebe, Hephaestus
Hephaestus - 1: Eros
Persephone - 1: Helios
Apollo - 1: Medusa
Helios - 1: Demeter
Eilithyia - 1: Tyche
Hermes - 1: Asclepius
Asclepius - 1: Dionysus

Not voting:
Aphrodite, Ares, Artemis, Cerberus, Hades, Nyx

Something to consider:

Hera claimed Bomb Detector (Said, Apollo is 100 % the bomb)
Hemera claimed Bomb Squad (Said, would sacrifice self because they are sometimes bomb proof)

The run down:

Aphrodite - Is very gimmicky. Day 0 were we all apparently not told our roles so one can conclude that this gimmick is not a part of Aphrodite's role and in fact some sort of technique to make them appear less intimidating. She latches on to completely random votes without any reason. Just look at the one she just put. They post just enough to avoid suspicion of inaction, yet enough to incriminate themselves. They also tend to go for players that aren't currently about to get lynched as to not have the finger point at them. All the people she's voted for so far I have come out innocent. The only one we do not know of yet is Helios. My guess: anti-town

Helios - Either a very inexperienced player who cba's (cbaing is understandable btw) or scum. They come in like Aphrodite and Eros to vote without much reasoning. Still Helios could be an easy target for mafia like Pere and Hep, they were just cba town who didn't really try to explain, or defend their reasoning. As a result, they were met with their demise. He some how knows how Artemis died, but won't share it. Not something a townie would do.

Hebe - People are all Helios x Nyx, but I find Hebe x Nyx for more intruiging. Hebe defends Nyx loyally. They are obviously on the same side. One could ask which side that would be. Hebe is known for saying things like:

Nyx - Likes to contract on pondering over whether there are two mafia factions. He should be more focused on finding the mafia and not wondering how many there are at the moment.

Tyche - Defending Dionsynus by writing him off as just a "new player" despite other players behaving similarly. Why specifically did Tyche stick her neck out for only Dionsynus? Diosynus has gunned for Pere and Hygelia; both have flipped as town. They also gunned for me giving the ole "I don't know who to vote for so let me cast this random vote". That's all good and well on the first day, but something to consider. I have yet to see Tyche go after someone actually scummy.
My guess: anti-town

Notice the Nyx Helios Tyche voting.

Hestia - Reminds me of Hygelia who I didn't believe was scum. Incidentally they hated each other, or something so probably not the Mason. Hestia has the hots for Hermes. They both want Poseidon gone.

Hebe - People love Helios x Nyx, but I find Hebe x Nyx far more interesting. Hebe defends Nyx like a loyal dog. Case in point...

I still don't think Nyx should get all the blame

Why would you want to lynch Nyx?

Hermes - Probably not aware of his role, or is he? Har har har He has like Aphrodite been full of gimmicks. He seems to be shaping up and actually helping town, but was definitely not before by voting for people who he got into mild tiffs with. The sudden change, or changes in his behavior is something to consider.

Hera - Claimed that Apollo is 100 percent the bomb after investigation and probably due to the fact that he hinted it.

Hemera - I believe the bomb squad claim because she did but herself in harms way, but could she be a mafia aligned bomb squad member? Yes, but I doubt she would go through the trouble of lynching one of her own unless she wanted clear herself and Hera. If the Mafia had a hurt locker then it would be some what safe to assume that town would need a similar bomb disarming role.

Keep in mind that the Mafia Hurt Locker was revealed. The mafia would have figured out that there was a bomb with something like the Hurt Locker on their team. They could easily use this to their advantage and claim bomb related roles.

Hades - A little loopy in this game, but voting for a player because you think they're annoying and some how failed to see how the joke role claim was a joke is bad. Hades claims to be an experienced player, so he should know better. Still he has given a lot to go by and drawn a lot of attention to himself on Day 1 in the process.

Dionysus - Comes in to place a seemingly random vote without reason and then says bye. What is is the bull piss?!

Poseidon - Winner of the most likely to be scum award. Earlier he said that he didn't think Hermes was suspicious. This was earlier in the day you see. Now suddenly he is saying that we should watch out for Hermes. He also pointed suspicious towards Apollo, Artemis. This is the second time he's bringing up the Helios and Nyx thing unless I have missed other times. Despite there being more of an obvious correlation between Hebe and Nyx. He has been gun-ho for And has been gun-ho for Hestia this entire game. Hermes is correct in thinking he is suspicious. He tends to

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 07:11 AM
I meant concentrate not contract. :lol:

Some people will get that.

[M] Gaius
08-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Hebe;2902642']Tyche: Has done and said almost nothing, but I found something to object to...

Right here... I see 3 possibilities for this. Either she was joking, and it was not the time to be joking, she is a role that she thought was governor but it isn't, which is helped by the fact that we have roles like Drunk Bus Driver and Sane Insane Cop, or she is mafia trying to make us think either 1 or 2.

I want to point out that LUCK apparently plays a major important for my role. Before he edited his post saying "Nothing happened." after my prevent lynch attempt, Del Zeus said "Today must not be your lucky day, Tyche. :(" hence my ":bou::bou::bou::bou: :(" post. Either that, or I just might as well be naive in my role! :jess:

@ Poseidon: As for why I tried to prevent the lynch, remember, this was before Demeter's vote, I was trying to prevent Hemera's death, if it turns out that she's unable to defuse the bomb.

Besides, I liked Apollo's antick-tocks.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Almost every cop will investigate themself, but what I think from the role is that Shiny did investigate herself, and got the wrong result on only herself. Seems minfucked enough...

Eilithyia, why is it protecting her if I disagreed with a bandwagon being put onto her?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Defending to be exact. You have only vehemently opposed people going after Nyx and solely them. You two are together.

Hebe;2902054']Well, I still don't think Nyx should get all the blame for Persephone. She made a mistake, and that's not really enough to lynch her. I still would like to see Apollo lynched, and I don't know what to think about Poseidon. He is being extremely wishy-washy and seems to be trying to please everyone, as Hermes said, but for some reason I don't want to lynch him. He doesn't seem as good of a lynch to me as Apollo does.

Helios;2901981']

(Pretty sure I can do that.. my apologies if I cannot. :) )[/QUOTE][/SPOILER]

Dionysus: Has done and said nearly nothing. Is inactive. Makes random votes for no real reason.

Hades: Makes long, pretty intelligent posts. His arguement against Hermes seemed to be a simple misunderstanding, and I think it was a bluff when he chose to sacrifice himself to lynch the bomb, but I don't suspect him.

Helios: Has talked a fair bit and hasn't said much. Voted for Nyx for voting for Persephone, while it was her that did it, which has already been said.

Hemera: Has made a few posts, hasn't really said anything, but made a roleclaim, which I think is true, because of how she tried to have the final vote on the bomb. A town would almost never take that chance, and a mafia certainly wouldn't.

Hera: Seems to be a smart person that makes useful posts and gives me no reason to suspect her. I do not clear her because of her roleclaim, which she said herself, but I think she is Town based on how she acts

Hermes: Has made smart posts, seems to be having fun, isn't being all that distracting, and gives me no real reason to suspect him.

Hestia: Hestia, since I first stated my suspicions on her, has done nothing to make me suspect her more. I am still suspicious of her, but because she hasn't done anything lately to make me suspect her, I would do no more than watch her closely.

Nyx: Makes fair posts, I don't really have a read on her. Seems to be paying a lot of attention to inactives, but for good reason, I suppose

Poseidon: Hermes said everything there is to know about him. I don't know what else to add. Looking through his posts don't really say anything, except for what Hermes said

Everyone in the post:

Who I suspect in order now of most to least, with people I don't believe are mafia left out...

Aphrodite
Tyche
Poseidon
Helios
Hestia[/QUOTE]

Hebe;2901920']Why would you want to lynch Nyx? Just because she voted for Persephone? I don't really have a read on her, has she done anything, really?
You claim to be suspicious and wary of with the exclusion of course, Nyx. With Hermes and Hestia you say they are mildly suspicious.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Gah, lemme fix those quotes.

Defending to be exact. You have only vehemently opposed people going after Nyx and solely them. You two are together.

Hebe;2902054']Well, I still don't think Nyx should get all the blame for Persephone. She made a mistake, and that's not really enough to lynch her. I still would like to see Apollo lynched, and I don't know what to think about Poseidon. He is being extremely wishy-washy and seems to be trying to please everyone, as Hermes said, but for some reason I don't want to lynch him. He doesn't seem as good of a lynch to me as Apollo does.

Everyone in the post:

Aphrodite
Tyche
Poseidon
Helios
Hestia

You claim to be suspicious and wary of with the exclusion of course, Nyx. With Hermes and Hestia you say they are mildly suspicious.

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey, a replacement. Good stuff. I am also never going to get any sleep tonight. I probably shouldn't respond now (and I am trying hard not to be rude), but this is just wrong:

Earlier he said that he didn't think Hermes was suspicious. This was earlier in the day you see. Now suddenly he is saying that we should watch out for Hermes.

I said Hermes was not suspicious Day 3. After Artemis died, he became... I guess conditionally suspicious, based solely on Artemis's death (which, objectively, either basically cleared him or convicted him). I understand you had to read through this entire thread, so I don't think you're trying to hard to find something here (if it had been in the same day you would have a point).

He also pointed suspicious towards Apollo, Artemis.

I mentioned that Artemis was acting suspiciously for gunning for Hermes almost exclusively and seemingly ignoring everything else sometimes (something Hermes himself mentioned afterward, calling Artemis a possible lyncher targeting him).

This is the second time he's bringing up the Helios and Nyx thing unless I have missed other times. Despite there being more of an obvious correlation between Hebe and Nyx.

I brought up "Helios/Nyx" only because I thought one being mafia would all-but exclude the other, based on their voting and consistent arguing. Was I wrong in that regard? That is an anti-link (interestingly enough, Hermes first brought up the link, saying they were suspiciously together; I think it's shown to be the opposite recently). I will admit that your quotes are some evidence of Hebe being suspicious (but such an obvious correlation that no one else pointed it out?), but you seem to be criticizing me for: 1) missing the evidence on Hebe (though I have called Nyx suspicious several times, so if you're right that they're linked, I am pointing out one mafia anyway -- so why is this suspicious?), or more bizarrely 2) the horrible crime of not including them in the same line of my post.

I will say I think you did an otherwise solid job, considering you presumably just had to read through the entire thread. But I can't help but notice you didn't mention anything about Hades after Day 1, or Nyx before today, or what Artemis's death tells us. Which actually just reminded me of Hades and his change of attitude after Day 1, and his offer to let himself be killed to lynch Apollo. Could that have been a bluff, like we are discussing Tyche's might've been? He has otherwise been much quieter lately. I will have to look back over things sometime tomorrow.

@ Poseidon: As for why I tried to prevent the lynch, remember, this was before Demeter's vote, I was trying to prevent Hemera's death, if it turns out that she's unable to defuse the bomb.

... is that it? Really? You wanted to save someone highly contentious distraction, who others might have just wanted to continue to try to lynch the next day, to try to prevent someone's death who said she could be protected and offered to try? That explanation does not comfort me much.

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 08:00 AM

You didn't include this part in your corrected post, and I don't know who this is referring to. Are you talking about Helios or Hebe or Aphrodite (who I think you were quoting in part in your unfixed post)?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
08-26-2010, 08:02 AM
So... I was defending her only because I disagreed with the bandwagon?

Also, my suspicions on Hestia come from Day 1, if you are trying to say that I am only attacking her because of Nyx.

And I said I do not mildly suspect Hermes...

Thank you for misunderstanding everything. Now I shall go to bed, sooo... yeah...

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
My bad, you did say that you also don't suspect Hermes. So that adds Nyx and Hermes to your list of people you don't suspect and Hestia to the people you mildly suspect. Noting that.

That doesn't change the fact that although you may have disagreed with what someone was saying you made sure to reiterate it more than once. This seems like defending.

But I digress. There are bigger fish to fry. I say you're right in casting a vote for Poseidon earlier. You're hardly on my high list, but I will consider the extreme possibility of a connection between you in Nyx. Whether this means I think you both are pro-town or anti-town remans to be seen.

Weird, I don't remember saying that quote probably because I didn't. It either got messed up along with other things in the previous post, or the other person responsible before me said it. That quote mix up was a debacle caused by multi-quotes. I intended on just quoting Hebe; hence why I re-posted the corrected version. Back to you being scum and less talking about mucked up multi-quoting.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
You're never going to get any sleep tonight because you want to ensure you don't get lynched. This will reveal that you're anti-town and incriminate other people in the process.

Ah yes, after Artemis died. Thank you for reminding me about Artemis. The one who everyone thinks died forever. Unluckily for you, my role entails a certain ability making it possible to revive the dead momentarily. In doing so, I learn what their role entails. I bet you can take two guesses as to who I chose.

Embarrassingly enough I hadn't been reading the tread very thoroughly and apparently the fruity duo didn't either. I went back to read. I am considering, I am analyzing, but more importantly, I am mindsmurfing; and not just myself (hopefully)! Is everyone except Del confused yet?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Atención! I'm feeling more awake now, so here's my take on everyone:

Aphrodite: She's smokin'! I wish I could sink my teeth into that..
Ares: Mmmm. His unkept masculinity makes me go loooooco!
Dionysus: Slurp slurp slurp.
Hades: *Yaaaaay!* My BFF! (How come you haven't commented on my new status??)
Hebe: I don't trust you.
Helios: Smells funny. Mafia.
Hemera: Remind me who that is again...
Hera: Smells like Strawberries.
Hermes: GTFO
Hestia: Pass.
Nyx: I'm pregnant with your baby. NOT THAT YOU CARE! Mafia.
Poseidon: You seem like a harmless old git. JK, you're totes Mafia.
Tyche: I'd like you better if I knew how to pronounce your name.

So, in short: Helios, Nyx and Poseidon must be eliminated. How can I be so sure of their alignments? Let's just say I have some conclusive and reliable inside information at my disposal.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM
My role has changed daily. In the beginning, I was simply a Star. A Star has no special abilities and is pro-town.

On Day 2 my title changed to Red Giant. Being a Red Giant meant that anyone who investigated me would receive a scum result (unless they were Insane, like Artemis thought she was. Confusing? Absolutely.)

On Day 3 my title changed to Supernova. Being a Supernova meant that anyone that targeted me last night would die. I'm fairly certain Artemis investigated me last night and that's what caused her to die. This is why I think there is only one group left, the rest of the mafia.

Today, my title has changed again. I won't share the specifics but I'll say that I will most likely die tonight. If I do, then it won't make a difference that I didn't tell you my Day 4 role. If I don't, then... I'll elaborate on that tomorrow.

That's all the information I have and this is my last post of the day. My vote for Nyx still stands.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Can you confirm this roleclaim, Eilithyia? I'm not sure as to the specifics of your own roleclaim, but perhaps it could confirm Helios somewhat.

That being said, I don't think Helios is being particularly helpful with that action. While I'm inclined to believe his role is possible, there is something that doesn't add up.

Helios;2902637']Why did two people die when a Serial Killer was killed? I want thoughts!
We had a cop role turn up at night, dead, as well as a mason. Two deaths, instead of one. You would, at this point, already have known what your ability would have done to someone who targeted you. Asking this question is pointless, then.

However, I bit. I was obviously confused as to why there were two deaths, so I started thinking of possibilities. One of them was that the serial killer was a fake, as there was in the last game.

Helios;2902663']
You think he was successful. You think there aren't two dangers now. That's pretty indecisive for someone who had at least a good idea that Artemis's death was because of your role ability.

Then of course, I kept talking and drew attention to myself. However, even after you told me to drop the idea, you still prompted me.

Helios;2902681']
It would be a mindsmurf, indeed. I think you should drop that idea and stop spreading it around, though. Explain how there were 2+ kills each night if the Serial Killer actually had no hand in the deaths.

I don't know what rationale you had for asking the initial question, but the discussion distracted the town and could have easily been avoided if you posed your own theory.

However, if Eilithyia can confirm your role then it eases my suspicions on you. It does not, however, rule out the chance that your role is mafia aligned.

Until then, my vote stands.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
By 'that action', I was referring to him making his 'last post of the day'. I later assumed he had to leave for something irl, but forgot to remove that part of my post. Semantics.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I should also point out that I'm not entirely convinced Eilithyia's roleclaim is truth either. But my instinct says that they can't both be lying.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
It's pretty empty in here, I wonder if there's an echo?

Heh. You watch, I'll be completely focused on my assessment again and people will show up to talk.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Night 1 - 3 deaths (Two were tied together) 1 kill (double) and the 1 kill
Night 2 - 2 deaths (one ended up being the Mafia Hurt Locker) 1 kill and 1 kill
Serial Killer gets lynched
Night 3 - 2 deaths 1 kill and 1 kill

It's been consistent that there are essentially two targets every night. It seems to have nothing to do with the serial killer. Helios explains this second death despite the absence of the serial killer. They say they are certain that Artemis targeted them last night, however, I am inclined to believe that this wasn't the case. And since the other player was the Mason, due to the nature of that role I doubt they would have any reason to target you during the night either. Then again, traditional roles aren't always what they appear to be in this game. MINDSMURF Still, I say I call Hera and Helios out, there are two killing factions and they are responsible for the deaths from night 1 to night 3.

Originally Posted by Tyche:

... is that it? Really? You wanted to save someone highly contentious distraction, who others might have just wanted to continue to try to lynch the next day, to try to prevent someone's death who said she could be protected and offered to try? That explanation does not comfort me much.
That's all good and well except you're forgetting the part where Hemera made it clear that she could only be protected "sometimes". There was a slight chance that she could die even if she does have the bomb proof ability.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Excuse, serial didn't get lynched they sploded.

[M] Eizen
08-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Eilithyia: Better someone with a chance of surviving than no chance, no? Just saying.

Has anyone considered the fact that the game is mindfuck in name only? The real mindfuck being we all bust our asses trying to analyze this game.

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 03:17 PM
...fuck I missed a lot. Be back with a post after I sift through everything.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Poseidon;2902738']Artemis/Hermes: Am I missing something here, or did a cop die who was focusing exclusively on Hermes? I know she was a sane insane cop, but if she investigated herself Night 1 like a good cop, she knew what her results were -- on the flip side, if she <i>didn't</i>, then she was thinking the opposite, which would make Hermes all-but beyond suspicion. Has Shiny played mafia before? Is she someone who would have known to do that? If she's new then I would doubt it. That's a good point, brother, and I was confused by it all as well, but Artemis was all up in my :bou::bou::bou::bou: on Day 2. When she could've only carried out only one investigation. I am going to assume it was on me and came up innocent, and as she thought she was insane, thought that meant I was a real bad guy, dude.

Also, brother, I've noticed you doing that thing you do with me. Where you say I could well be almost certainly mafia...although I could also be definitely town.
Poseidon;2902383']Hermes also missed one side of this analysis: given that the above post is different from my prior posts as in my first wavering post, that post is suspicious that Hermes and I are both mafia. I was not shy about pointing out suspicions, even towards unpopular subjects, beforehand, but someone else is the target and suddenly I get wishy-washy. The likely reasons I see are that maybe I actually was unsure because the situation was bizarre, or maybe I was protecting my ass if my mafia buddy gets found out, so no one can point fingers at me for trying to defend him.

But I was just unsure. And I don’t think Hermes is mafia (yes, that is also what I would say if we were both mafia, but then Hermes wouldn’t have put a spotlight on me where none was before). If you need to lynch me, oh well; I assure you the town will not be losing much by my death, outside of my brilliant posts, of course. Why are you going into "what if me and Hermes were both mafia?" exactly, brother? We're not both mafia and you know that. If you're mafia, well, the lack of me and my Hermesmaniacs in your forum would be a big giveaway. And if you're town then you're town!

You crazy, son. You loco. And there's only one way to deal with crazy people as far as I am concerned.

WHATCHOO GONNA DO WHEN HERMESMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?

##LEG DROP: POSEIDON

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Nyx;2902801']
Heh. You watch, I'll be completely focused on my assessment again and people will show up to talk.

Called it. We have roughly 3 and a half hours left by my count. I want to sleep but that noose is frighteningly close and there's new posts to examine!

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Lot's and lot's of things. To say; first off I've been looking all over for Eilithyia's roleclaim and I can't pinpoint it, what did he/she/it claim?

Lots of thoughts:

Eilithyia: Never appeared the entire game, suddenly very, very active. You cannot make this strike just "go away" sadly Eilithyia, I'll have a careful eye on you.

Helios: Interesting roleclaim, because it will never do the same thing and never force you to adhere to any guidelines (thus never making you confirmable).

Hebe: I've had a funny feeling about you since day one, but I never did anything about it because I knew that I didn't have enough to compel a vote on you more than just a feeling. However let's analyze you in some depth.

Every vote Hebe has made (discounting day 0).

Day One Vote(s): Hestia
Day Two Vote(s): Persephone
Day Three Vote(s): Poseidon

Notice something there? Hebe has voted ONCE each day and always for someone who had an established argument against them. Not once has Hebe brought up an accusation that is new, moreso she's sat fence on anyone who wasn't in the spotlight at the time! She may as well copy and paste her thoughts each day, "I don't have a read on this person." Why the fuck not? Either you think they're scum or you don't. I'll tell you why, because taking a stance is difficult for scum. It gives the town breadcrumbs to follow if you die. We can analyze who you found suspicious which is why the first active mafia that goes can unravel the entire organization.

Poseidon: Still find you susipicious for previously stated reasons *USE THE SEARCH-BAR IF YOU CARE*, however Hebe did vote for you yesterday. This could be a "throwaway" vote to throw us off track. We shall see.

##vote: Hebe

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
OH FINE. PLAY THE "HESTIA'S BACK WHICH MEANS I SHALL LEAVE" GAME. I'LL FIND ALL THE MAFIA, WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS!

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Hestia;2902880']To say; first off I've been looking all over for Eilithyia's roleclaim and I can't pinpoint it, what did he/she/it claim?

Don't know exactly. My guess is that Eilithyia is able to see the targets (and results) of night actions belonging to the person s/he temp "raises".

However, it's not a roleclaim easily confirmed and

Eilithyia;2902824']Helios explains this second death despite the absence of the serial killer. They say they are certain that Artemis targeted them last night, however, I am inclined to believe that this wasn't the case.

this isn't exactly supporting the claim either. Though in a post I missed earlier, Eilithyia seems far more confident in his/her knowledge.

Eilithyia;2902772']Let's just say I have some conclusive and reliable inside information at my disposal.

S/he is certain I'm scum though, so you'd better ask for more information about the role, Hestia :p

Del Murder
08-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Votecout

Nyx (2) - Helios, Hera
Helios (2) - Nyx, Aphrodite
Poseidon (2) - Hermes, Eilithyia
Hebe (2) - Hestia, (self-vote)
Aphrodite (1) - Poseidon

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Hades, Hebe, Hemera

Day 4 ends in about 3 hours.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Now let's talk about other things. Eilithyia has come in and is very focused on finding scum. I like that. That's a good direction and we should all take it, dudes.

As I said earlier, the "who is killing who" argument achieves nothing after a certain point, and I'm going to start looking at people who use it as making filler posts. Yes, there's more than one person or faction out there with the power to kill. The fact is, we don't smurfing know. What we do know, brothers, is that there is a mafia, and it is very likely that they are the most powerful of the killing factions, and time spent going round in circles about who is killing who can be better spent making cases against people.

As there is obviously more than one mafia, as I said previously, it would be churlish to focus on one and then that would be it. Poseidon is my #1 and unless there is some earth-shattering revelation today, I'm sticking with him and there is nothing that can shake me off that path.

But let's look to the future of the game. Right now I am thinking of Dionysus and Hades.

How long are we going to allow Dionysus to carry on playing the way he has been? Staying very very low, under the radar, coming in and doing just enough to both not be replaced, and not self-vote. Something's not god damn right there, brothers.

Something about Hades sticks in my throat as well. Vanilla claims always irk me, particularly when the person making them is not under threat. He said he did it to prove that he had nothing to lose, and thus the best candidate to take the bomb - no, you are not the best candidate to take the bomb. Hemera aside, the smurfing mafia are the best candidates to take the bomb! Or the serial killer, ha ha ha. He seemed to think there was a very good chance Apollo was the bomb...so he was happy to apparently risk two townspeople in one fell swoop? I'm not buying that.
The bomb can also be neutral, and win by surviving.Can literally never think of a time when the bomb has been neutral in a game of EoFF mafia, or any other non-EoFF game of mafia I have seen. And even if it is neutral, so what? It doesn't have the town's interests at heart? Alright, brother, but you know who has them even less at heart? The mafia.
If the majority of the town agrees that it's better for Hemera to be the lynch vote then I will also agree to that.I don't like this one bit. "If the town want it" is a cop out, especially from someone who had said they were sticking to their guns previously. If you are town, then it should not matter what "the town" wants, as "the town" is tainted by members of the mafia. Trust yourself more than you trust others, as you know you have not been compromised.

I don't know what to make of Hades's "Don't worry kids, I got experience!" line, though. It's a key part of his personality, and perhaps the key to the Hades puzzle once and for all! It's something he's kind of hinted at a few times, so there's obviously some plan behind that. I can't quite figure out what he hopes to achieve by mentioning it, though (I have ideas, but nothing concrete and worth mentioning) so I'm throwing it open to interpretation.

Sorry for those of you complaining about a lack of posting. It took a while to type all this up and read through the thread. :shobon: Remember, kids, to follow my three demandments: training, saying prayers, and eating vitamins!

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Also have been paying attention to other people's theories, brothers, but I'm not really going to go through each and every single theory and reply "yay" or "nay". So if you want to ask me about what I think of your idea, go for it, and I'll see what I can do.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/devilsofolympus/hogan.gif

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine.

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Ok, one more post for now. One of these days when I don’t have to catch up on a ton of stuff I’ll make a short post again.

You're never going to get any sleep tonight because you want to ensure you don't get lynched.

I think my typical borderline-insomnia and obsessive nature is a more likely explanation. :p That could work too, though.

The one who everyone thinks died forever. Unluckily for you, my role entails a certain ability making it possible to revive the dead momentarily. In doing so, I learn what their role entails. I bet you can take two guesses as to who I chose.

Good, that would, at the least, clear or convict Hermes, right? That’s what I just said we should try to do.

That's a good point, brother, and I was confused by it all as well…

Also, brother, I've noticed you doing that thing you do with me. Where you say I could well be almost certainly mafia...although I could also be definitely town.

So you concede I made a good point wondering about Artemis … but then say I was wrong for pointing out the consequences of what Artemis had done. You also don’t even try to criticize the substance of my statement (which you notably didn’t do for the first post of mine you pointed out, either): wouldn’t Artemis having investigated herself Night 1 do just that? Isn’t you possibly being determined one way or another exactly why Artemis’s death is notable? This point of yours is beyond a stretch and even contradicts yourself in the same post. “This was worth questioning… but don’t you DARE post why!” Sorry for actually explaining my post thoroughly. It's a compulsion of mine.

Looking back now, the majority of Artemis’s posts Day 2 seem to just be general suspicion about your “biker gang” and the people joining up with or defending you (See: here ( http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901429-post225.html) and here ( http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901442-post236.html)). The one post I found which would lead me to believe she had investigated you Night 1 is this post ( http://forums.eyesonff.com/2901572-post287.html), which is very definitively “Hermes is scum.” Which is pretty strong evidence, now that I think about it, as she wouldn't want a potentially false suspicion misleading us down the line. So I have to think she did investigate Hermes Night 1, and given her role probably got an “Innocent” result and misinterpreted it. Is there anything wrong with my reasoning there?

I really need to try to go back to sleep (though I will just fail and end up lying in bed for an hour BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT), but I will try to explain myself in my usual rambling verbosity. My role is a “Professional Mind Reader.” Each night I can look into one person’s thoughts and see where their ultimate loyalties lie, whether with a specific group or “selfishly” with themselves (which apparently means stuff like jester or serial killer). Unfortunately I think my actual results are random.

Night 1 I investigated (or looked into the recesses of their mind) Hestia (who I was suspicious of Day 1), result: Mafia. I continued posting my suspicion of Hestia on Day 2. Night 2 I realized that I should have investigated myself (which is why I thought of this issue for Artemis), result: Selfish. This is where I had no idea about the worth of my results, and note that I scaled back my attacks on Hestia. I thought for a little bit my results may just be a wrong result (like Insane – a term I learned or at least relearned after looking up Artemis’s role), but I started thinking that’s unlikely, and especially after Artemis’s death I think that’s highly unlikely. Plus, having two powerful investigative roles with useful results seems too much. So I have since concluded my results are probably just random. Night 3, I investigated Helios, someone else I had strongly suspected (though with less expectations now), result: Selfish. I’m not sure why I’m alive, unless Helios is lying. Helios’s roleclaim is almost too absurd to doubt, but either he’s lying or something weird happened. If he is telling the truth, the best I can come up with right now is that someone else’s role interfered, either actively or passively, with me dying, possibly resulting in one of the deaths last night (redirecting my death to them? Protecting me at their expense?). The other one was then killed by the mafia. I guess that’s plausible.

Helios’s roleclaim has the benefit of explaining the two deaths without an even more convoluted explanation (a new killing faction). Though that makes me being alive require a rather convoluted explanation itself.

Aphrodite is still a main suspect of mine, so I’ll leave my vote on her. The points by some that Dionysus has acted just as bad, if not worse, are well-taken. I would be willing to change my vote to her.

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness post; if none of that makes any sense I can try to explain myself when I get up.

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Translation of revelation, either Poseidon or Helios is lying about his claim.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Eilithyia's posts support Helios as the liar. However, Eilithyia's posts are also somewhat confusing. How does one go from having comprehensive evidence to being inclined to believe? That doesn't add up.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Here are the posts I was referencing just before.

Eilithyia;2902772']Let's just say I have some conclusive and reliable inside information at my disposal.

Eilithyia;2902824']They say they are certain that Artemis targeted them last night, however, I am inclined to believe that this wasn't the case. And since the other player was the

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Breaking down the roleclaim:

Poseidon;2902899']I really need to try to go back to sleep (though I will just fail and end up lying in bed for an hour BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT), but I will try to explain myself in my usual rambling verbosity. My role is a “Professional Mind Reader.” Each night I can look into one person’s thoughts and see where their ultimate loyalties lie, whether with a specific group or “selfishly” with themselves (which apparently means stuff like jester or serial killer). Unfortunately I think my actual results are random.

Convenient, unconfirmable.

Poseidon;2902899']Night 1 I investigated (or looked into the recesses of their mind) Hestia (who I was suspicious of Day 1), result: Mafia. I continued posting my suspicion of Hestia on Day 2. Night 2 I realized that I should have investigated myself (which is why I thought of this issue for Artemis), result: Selfish. This is where I had no idea about the worth of my results, and note that I scaled back my attacks on Hestia. I thought for a little bit my results may just be a wrong result (like Insane – a term I learned or at least relearned after looking up Artemis’s role), but I started thinking that’s unlikely, and especially after Artemis’s death I think that’s highly unlikely. Plus, having two powerful investigative roles with useful results seems too much. So I have since concluded my results are probably just random.

Copy and paste above convenience.

Poseidon;2902899']Night 3, I investigated Helios, someone else I had strongly suspected (though with less expectations now), result: Selfish. I’m not sure why I’m alive, unless Helios is lying. Helios’s roleclaim is almost too absurd to doubt, but either he’s lying or something weird happened. If he is telling the truth, the best I can come up with right now is that someone else’s role interfered, either actively or passively, with me dying, possibly resulting in one of the deaths last night (redirecting my death to them? Protecting me at their expense?). The other one was then killed by the mafia. I guess that’s plausible.

This is where this claim begins to NOT make sense for a mafioso! Why would you specifically target someone knowing it hurts your claim. To get the other person lynched, maybe, but not now. I don't believe we are at endgame. With 14 people left, even if 2 die, it would take 6 people to be in the mafia for the game to already be over! With a mafioso already being dead, they would've started with seven. Far too large. So this isn't an endgame "convince town to kill other person so mafia can win the game" claim. This is legit.

##unvote: Hebe
##vote: Helios

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 05:09 PM
So you concede I made a good point wondering about Artemis … but then say I was wrong for pointing out the consequences of what Artemis had done. You also don’t even try to criticize the substance of my statement (which you notably didn’t do for the first post of mine you pointed out, either): wouldn’t Artemis having investigated herself Night 1 do just that? Isn’t you possibly being determined one way or another exactly why Artemis’s death is notable? This point of yours is beyond a stretch and even contradicts yourself in the same post. “This was worth questioning… but don’t you DARE post why!” Sorry for actually explaining my post thoroughly. It's a compulsion of mine.Well now you're just twisting my words, brother. I said her reaction to me and her subsequent revelation as the sane/insane cop was a good point to bring up. I never said your beliefs regarding said point - if you even had any - were true.
Looking back now, the majority of Artemis’s posts Day 2 seem to just be general suspicion about your “biker gang” and the people joining up with or defending you (See: here and here). The one post I found which would lead me to believe she had investigated you Night 1 is this post, which is very definitively “Hermes is scum.” Which is pretty strong evidence, now that I think about it, as she wouldn't want a potentially false suspicion misleading us down the line. So I have to think she did investigate Hermes Night 1, and given her role probably got an “Innocent” result and misinterpreted it. Is there anything wrong with my reasoning there?Nope. Spot on. Agreed. That's not the issue. You were floating around again. Maybe Hermes is scum but then again maybe he is actually definitely town. Now you're saying that I'm innocent and that I can get behind. Not because I want to be seen as innocent (although that helps! :p) but because you seem to prefer one option over the other, rather than being wishy-washy. Do you understand where I am coming from, brother?

My personal take on it is this: I think she investigated me Night 1. Maybe she investigated herself on Night 2, figured out her sanity and that's why she cooled off on me the next day.

Anyway, your "Selfish" role is interesting. If you are being truthful, perhaps it shows where people's night actions are going. Eg if Hestia is mafia, Hestia is acting as a Mafia member at night. You investigated yourself, thus you are selfish as you are only concerned with yourself. Helios's star claim, though, I don't know what to make of with regards to it being "selfish".

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh wait, didn't see
Each night I can look into one person’s thoughts and see where their ultimate loyalties lie, whether with a specific group or “selfishly” with themselves (which apparently means stuff like jester or serial killer)this bit. Disregard my thoughts. :shobon:

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Hestia your unvote can't happen because you were the last to vote.

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Guess I should've read this days rules all the way through. Pretend that last unvote never happened. But Helios is still a liar in my book.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 05:26 PM
If Hermes unvotes, then votes for Helios, I can unvote and vote for Poseidon. That frees Hestia up to actually have her vote counted where she wants it.

Do you agree, Hermes?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Nyx;2902929']If Hermes unvotes, then votes for Helios, I can unvote and vote for Poseidon. That frees Hestia up to actually have her vote counted where she wants it.

Do you agree, Hermes?Why not.

##unvote
##vote Helios

Nothin' personal big H.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
##Unvote

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
##unvote: Hebe
##vote: Helios

:thumb:

[M] Apollo
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Eilithyia;2902745']To keep track:

Aphrodite - Is very gimmicky. Day 0 were we all apparently not told our roles so one can conclude that this gimmick is not a part of Aphrodite's role and in fact some sort of technique to make them appear less intimidating. She latches on to completely random votes without any reason. Just look at the one she just put. They post just enough to avoid suspicion of inaction, yet enough to incriminate themselves. They also tend to go for players that aren't currently about to get lynched as to not have the finger point at them. All the people she's voted for so far I have come out innocent. The only one we do not know of yet is Helios. My guess: anti-town

Tyche - Defending Dionsynus by writing him off as just a "new player" despite other players behaving similarly. Why specifically did Tyche stick her neck out for only Dionsynus? Diosynus has gunned for Pere and Hygelia; both have flipped as town. They also gunned for me giving the ole "I don't know who to vote for so let me cast this random vote". That's all good and well on the first day, but something to consider. I have yet to see Tyche go after someone actually scummy.
My guess: anti-town

Hades - A little loopy in this game, but voting for a player because you think they're annoying and some how failed to see how the joke role claim was a joke is bad. Hades claims to be an experienced player, so he should know better. Still he has given a lot to go by and drawn a lot of attention to himself on Day 1 in the process.

Dionysus - Comes in to place a seemingly random vote without reason and then says bye. What is is the bull piss?!

I agree with your assessment of Dionysus and Aphrodite. For sometime I've also believed Tyche was behaving pretty scummily, but her attempt to save the Apollo lynch was based on one of two things. 1) She is town aligned and didn't want to lose anyone pro-town, (Hemera) or 2) She is scum and wanted to appear as town aligned so she used her ability. I'm still very divided on which of these I believe. (Tyche, was your attempt at prevention a one shot or not?)

Also, did I say something misleading and claim I am super experienced? All I remember saying is I've played as scum before. I've played 2 previous EoFF mafia games, and in the second one I dropped out. xD

Eilithyia;2902772']Atención! I'm feeling more awake now, so here's my take on everyone:

Aphrodite: She's smokin'! I wish I could sink my teeth into that..
Ares: Mmmm. His unkept masculinity makes me go loooooco!
Dionysus: Slurp slurp slurp.
Hades: *Yaaaaay!* My BFF! (How come you haven't commented on my new status??)
Hebe: I don't trust you.
Helios: Smells funny. Mafia.
Hemera: Remind me who that is again...
Hera: Smells like Strawberries.
Hermes: GTFO
Hestia: Pass.
Nyx: I'm pregnant with your baby. NOT THAT YOU CARE! Mafia.
Poseidon: You seem like a harmless old git. JK, you're totes Mafia.
Tyche: I'd like you better if I knew how to pronounce your name.

So, in short: Helios, Nyx and Poseidon must be eliminated. How can I be so sure of their alignments? Let's just say I have some conclusive and reliable inside information at my disposal.
Eilithyia either has some kind of insanity/is being played by 2 people with different objectives/some other kind of mindfuck. Avast.

Helios;2902778']My role has changed daily. In the beginning, I was simply a Star. A Star has no special abilities and is pro-town.

On Day 2 my title changed to Red Giant. Being a Red Giant meant that anyone who investigated me would receive a scum result (unless they were Insane, like Artemis thought she was. Confusing? Absolutely.)

On Day 3 my title changed to Supernova. Being a Supernova meant that anyone that targeted me last night would die. I'm fairly certain Artemis investigated me last night and that's what caused her to die. This is why I think there is only one group left, the rest of the mafia.

Today, my title has changed again. I won't share the specifics but I'll say that I will most likely die tonight. If I do, then it won't make a difference that I didn't tell you my Day 4 role. If I don't, then... I'll elaborate on that tomorrow.

That's all the information I have and this is my last post of the day. My vote for Nyx still stands.
Whoaaaaa. I think this claim is believable, because Del Zeus is that kinda guy... but we could also have a very, very inventive scum. If the latter, I salute you but hope you die. Not enough to be convinced to vote for you, though.

Hermes;2902892']Now let's talk about other things. Eilithyia has come in and is very focused on finding scum. I like that. That's a good direction and we should all take it, dudes.

As I said earlier, the "who is killing who" argument achieves nothing after a certain point, and I'm going to start looking at people who use it as making filler posts. Yes, there's more than one person or faction out there with the power to kill. The fact is, we don't smurfing know. What we do know, brothers, is that there is a mafia, and it is very likely that they are the most powerful of the killing factions, and time spent going round in circles about who is killing who can be better spent making cases against people.

As there is obviously more than one mafia, as I said previously, it would be churlish to focus on one and then that would be it. Poseidon is my #1 and unless there is some earth-shattering revelation today, I'm sticking with him and there is nothing that can shake me off that path.

But let's look to the future of the game. Right now I am thinking of Dionysus and Hades.

How long are we going to allow Dionysus to carry on playing the way he has been? Staying very very low, under the radar, coming in and doing just enough to both not be replaced, and not self-vote. Something's not god damn right there, brothers.

Something about Hades sticks in my throat as well. Vanilla claims always irk me, particularly when the person making them is not under threat. He said he did it to prove that he had nothing to lose, and thus the best candidate to take the bomb - no, you are not the best candidate to take the bomb. Hemera aside, the smurfing mafia are the best candidates to take the bomb! Or the serial killer, ha ha ha. He seemed to think there was a very good chance Apollo was the bomb...so he was happy to apparently risk two townspeople in one fell swoop? I'm not buying that.
The bomb can also be neutral, and win by surviving.Can literally never think of a time when the bomb has been neutral in a game of EoFF mafia, or any other non-EoFF game of mafia I have seen. And even if it is neutral, so what? It doesn't have the town's interests at heart? Alright, brother, but you know who has them even less at heart? The mafia.
If the majority of the town agrees that it's better for Hemera to be the lynch vote then I will also agree to that.I don't like this one bit. "If the town want it" is a cop out, especially from someone who had said they were sticking to their guns previously. If you are town, then it should not matter what "the town" wants, as "the town" is tainted by members of the mafia. Trust yourself more than you trust others, as you know you have not been compromised.

I don't know what to make of Hades's "Don't worry kids, I got experience!" line, though. It's a key part of his personality, and perhaps the key to the Hades puzzle once and for all! It's something he's kind of hinted at a few times, so there's obviously some plan behind that. I can't quite figure out what he hopes to achieve by mentioning it, though (I have ideas, but nothing concrete and worth mentioning) so I'm throwing it open to interpretation.

Sorry for those of you complaining about a lack of posting. It took a while to type all this up and read through the thread. :shobon: Remember, kids, to follow my three demandments: training, saying prayers, and eating vitamins!
As I said, I don't remember insinuating I had tons of experience, I just said I'd played as mafia before. So... yeah, no key to the puzzle here, xD. No real puzzle, in fact.

Furthermore, I was afraid that this argument would be used against me as soon as Hemera claimed bombsquad and offered to take the lynch vote. I was right that someone would latch on to that, which is why I was hesitant to go forward with it.

At any rate, now time for more investigation of my top 3 suspects.

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Nyx;2902909']Here are the posts I was referencing just before.

Eilithyia;2902824']They say they are certain that Artemis targeted them last night, however, I am inclined to believe that this wasn't the case. And since the other player was the

Just noticing this post you made. As you've previously said, this is just semantics. Think about it like this, his conclusive and reliable evidence of who Artemis targeted makes him inclined to believe that Artemis did not target Helios.

[M] Athena
08-26-2010, 06:02 PM
You're probably right with that Hestia. I just thought the contrast in confidence was a bit strange.

Del Murder
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Votecout

Helios (3) - Nyx, Aphrodite, Hermes, Hestia
Nyx (2) - Helios, Hera
Poseidon (2) - Hermes, Eilithyia, Nyx
Aphrodite (1) - Poseidon
Hebe (1) - Hestia, (self-vote)

Not voting: Ares, Dionysus, Hades, Hebe, Hemera

Day 4 ends in about 1 hour.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Hestia;2902896']I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine.You got it brother.

YouTube - wCw nWo Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54OOBNC16VM)

As far as I'm concerned, all this crap in your post represents the mafia players out here. For two years, brother, for two years, I held my head high, I did everything for the kids, I was the perfect townie. The reception I got when I came out here... you mafia players can stick it, brother, because if it wasn't for me, you people wouldn't be here. If it wasn't for me, Del Murder would still be making snide remarks in the Feedback Forum, and if it wasn't for me, all these Johnny-Come-Latelys that you see out here playing mafia wouldn't be here. I was dominating mafia game after mafia game, brother, while you were stealing gas to put in the car to get to high school, so the way that it is now, brother, whatcha gonna do when Hollywood Hermes and the New World Order runs wild on you? Whatcha gonna do?

##Leg Drop Hestia

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I meant comment on my genitals.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 06:39 PM
##unvote

Shove it, brother. You're as poor at comebacks as you are at mafia. Get out of my sight.

[M] D'Anna
08-26-2010, 06:52 PM
http://images.damncrows.com/img/upld/stone-cold.gif

Sounds like someones cruisin' for a Hestia stunner bruisin'.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately, Stone Cold, I am not your wife and thus you can't beat me.

[M] Helo
08-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Man I actually slept! And almost missed my meeting! Ok, now.

Anyway, some weird scenarios went through my head as I tried to judge Helios. I think he is probably lying, and even though I still really want to know about Aphrodite, I think that is the most informative lynch for today.

##Unvote