PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Things Your Co-workers Do

Shorty
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I have several irritating co-workers, but this is over the line.

The new girl we just hired plays music on her speakers all day- audible enough for everyone else to hear. That's not the worst part. The worst part is that she plays GLEE. All day long. I simply cannot abide it.

My other co-worker is fifty and obsessed with Edward from Twilight, and works him into every conversation she can.

Discuss annoying co-workers and annoying things they do.

Iceglow
08-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Your co-workers suck!

I suppose theres the co-worker who listens to the heaviest metal he can no matter who is in the room. He's a real prick but seems to be getting promoted. I don't deny he's good at the job but well he has no people skills and whenever he comes in to a stockroom regardless of what you currently have on the stereo or what you're doing he'll generally turn it off and put something so heavy on that even I who like metal will look at him and be like "dude wtf, I'm trying to get on with my job here but can barely think, not to mention I was listening to that cd"

boris no no
08-20-2010, 07:44 PM
my co-worker eats in the office with his mouth open - like all day x_x and he eats things like crisps and crap ALL DAY

and he works like 5 hours out of the 7.5

ANNNND to top it all off he's my senior!!!

Clo
08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I simply hate it when my co-workers don't listen to me.

"Hey, you shouldn't do that."

"Okay." *keeps doing wrong thing*

And then later on, they try talking to me about their boyfriend, and I don't care, and they go around telling everyone, "OMG, she wouldn't like listen to me when I tried talking about my boyfriend."

Peegee
08-20-2010, 10:37 PM
There's this idiot at our helpdesk. He keeps sending everybody these pokemon themed emails with messed up pokemon images.....oh wait.

Cuchulainn
08-20-2010, 11:48 PM
they talk to me...the :bou::bou::bou::bou:s

Madame Adequate
08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
they talk to me...the :bou::bou::bou::bou:s

People have no respect for personal space.

Bunny
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
My co-workers have this silly habit of breathing. I mean, who does that anymore?

Crop
08-21-2010, 01:11 AM
I hated it when I was a xmas temp at argos, and another freaking xmas temp who was younger than me told me off for not being polite enough to a customer. We were both getting let go the next day, the pillock.

Logie
08-21-2010, 01:23 AM
I work at a telemarketing place and my co-worker, Old Bat-face, consistently lectures me on how I talk too loud on the phone. I could deal with her nitpicking, if not for her own phone habits: "Whaaaaat? What did you say? Speeeeeeak up!"

Rye
08-21-2010, 01:29 AM
ROFL, this thread is the best.

I have a few retarded co-workers, but mostly they just amuse me. Occasionally they annoy me because they have the hardest time when I correct their mistakes, which is essentially the entire nature of my job, being the person who analyzes files for errors.

The one that bugs me the most lately is "A" who basically was hired to do my job when I wasn't there in the winter, when work is much slower. Now that I'm back and the work has gotten really busy, she's doing everything in her power to try to make me do all of our work, even though our job is really a two-person job, because she thinks I'm a new person to boss around, even though I've been part of the company for a good three years, and she's not even been here 6 months. ROFL.

It's OK though. We mostly laugh it off, my friends at work and I. We sing songs about her, and we made a really nifty voodoo doll out of a water bottle.

~*~Celes~*~
08-21-2010, 01:31 AM
The only two co workers i have trouble with thus far are two girls that are both full-time workers and v (<-- that's when I spilled cawfee like everywhere and whispered a loud "smurf!" and cleaned it up with a >:[ face. Anyway back on subject!) very grouchy towards me. Okay I get it that I need to work faster, but y'know, I'm still trying to get the hang of things here >:[ lkasdfjaklsjdfklajf At least one of them is nice enough to have polite conversation with me on occasion, the other just has this sullen attitude towards me all the time like she has to assert her alpha status or something.

Sullen lady one day approached me as I was preparing garlic bread loaves and proceeded to snap her fingers and say "Come on Kari you have to get this garlic done faster!" snapping the whole time she said it and it just irked me so much. It was my first time doing that particular task, I'm not going to be fast about it when I have to be careful not to slice my fingers open with the bread knife >:[

Thank god i'm in a different department all this week.

Jowy
08-22-2010, 03:58 AM
everyone i work with is awesome, not a single person there I can complain about.

when i interviewed with my old boss there, we spent more time talking about video games and hockey than my resume. we also abused the work instant messaging system the one day we played battleship at our desks. another guy i work with just got a book about his life and childhood published and gave a bunch of people free copies of it. this other lady always gives me gum and twizzlers every time i walk past her desk.

NorthernChaosGod
08-22-2010, 05:12 AM
I have the privilege of working with some very awesome people for the most part. None of them are really annoying, but there is this one girl who is just... weird. I also believe she's a bit retarded.

There were four of us in the lifeguard trailer and we're just chilling and eating our lunches. All of a sudden "Sally" lets out a loud, obnoxious laugh. The rest of us look at her in confusion. Then she explains why she laughed and I felt dumber for having listened to the story. :colbert:

missaira
08-22-2010, 05:26 AM
simply doesn't do her job properly. annoys the crap out of me. i'm in two days a week and i do more than she does.

Levian
08-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I've just started in a new job, so I guess if anything it's my newbieness that's annoying to other people. Although I do find it annoying when the person before me hasn't checked the e-mail so I have to go through and respond to everything. It makes a hectic day a bit more hectic.

Yeargdribble
08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Our choir/band director is an incompetent putz. He taught some clarinet players to hold their instruments wrong (right hand on top). He had a kid playing on a messed up trumpet (in the key of B rather than Bb) for a year without noticing it. He had a horn player using a double horn on which only the Bb side worked and the F side was completely screwed... for a year without noticing. He can't play hardly any instruments passably well. He can't even play his primary instrument (trumpet) much better than most of his middle-school kids. It's embarrassing. I usually end up demonstrating all of the instruments for kids or helping with particular issues because he's just not that informed about his job. I'm supposed to be the accompanist for goodness sake. Why the hell am I wearing a saxophone around my take while picking up trombones, trumpets and clarinets to demonstrate things to the kids. Hell, I shouldn't even be in the band hall during band. I'm supposed to be there to play friggin' piano...

He constantly tries to get the basses in the choir to sing in tenor 1 range (because he is a tenor). He doesn't warn me about performances, doesn't get me music until very late, and generally doesn't pick music his choirs can do nor does he consult with me about the craziness of some of the accompaniments he throws at me. He likes to go ridiculously faster than written to the point that my parts are literally impossible at times (parallel triads/7th chords, in sixteenth notes.... at 180+ bpm... physically beyond the powers of man).

He also is aware he's going to ask you to do something you don't want to do, so he very passively lies about it. "Let's go do inventory, should take 10 minutes." He full well knows it will take hours. Why insult my intelligence by lying to me? It's not like I'm not going to do it if he tells me the truth. Of course this actually becomes a liability when he doesn't want to tell me that we're doing some ridiculous hard music for a concert. I guess he's afraid he'll upset me so he makes the situation worse by giving me the music (or telling me we'll play a piece he'd previously canceled) at the last second... often literally days before a concert.

Worst of all... he's a very nice, likable guy. He's very pleasant to be around socially and I almost could like him except that every time he makes me feel good about being around I have to deal with his professional incompetence.

~*~Celes~*~
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
He taught some clarinet players to hold their instruments wrong (right hand on top).

I was taught that way. I think it may be a matter of right handed vs left handed, perhaps.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the callous from the rest is on my right hand so never mind, my left hand was on top. Carry on.

Raistlin
08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
My coworkers send me work. What the hell is up with that.

Actually my coworkers at my last job were great. But I suppose I could talk about the high school basketball official's board I'm apart of, where there are a lot of great people, but also some major league douchebags. Last year the commissioner (a jerk) lost the election to a challenger (great guy), and then proceeded to mutiny and pull off members to form his own association instead. My email inbox this summer (while I was away for work) was filled with drama.

Yeargdribble
08-22-2010, 11:34 PM
He taught some clarinet players to hold their instruments wrong (right hand on top).

I was taught that way. I think it may be a matter of right handed vs left handed, perhaps.

If you're playing it hands backward then there are keys you will never be able to hit. Many of your trill keys and such are positioned on the left side of the top joint so that learning to play right hand on top would make you never be able to play.

Since clarinet takes both hands, I'm pretty sure they don't make left handed versions the way they do for trumpets (which are rare anyway since people don't make right handed horns even those most horn players are right handed).