PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god Nintendo... release this game over here!

Wolf Kanno
08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm a course talking about Xenoblade. Learned that not only did the game get released in Japan back in June but also got pretty good scores.

What really impressed me about the game besides its interesting scenario is just all the freaking game features. Battle system similar to Star Ocean/FFXII, side-quests that change how the world views your character, equipment that changes the characters look in both exploration and cutscenes, all wrapped up in a JRPG storyline so I'm not constantly being distracted by side-quests cause they are more interesting than the main narrative; with a cast of fleshed out characters all written by Soraya Saga? What is not to love about this?

After rising and falling with the Xenosaga series, I feel Takahashi may have finally gotten it right:

"Most of the RPGs we've created had their main focus on story and cutscenes, but I think that approach has reached a dead end," Takahashi said in an interview with Famitsu magazine this week. "This project got its start because we wanted to return to basics -- we just wanted to create a fun adventure. We're trying to give the player a lot of freedom without having them feel lost."
~ Tetsuya Takahashi

The only problem now is whether Monolith Soft and Nintendo will actually release the damn game here cause they haven't said mum about a release date. For the LOVE OF GOD NINTENDO, DON'T HOLD OUT ON US!!!:tumble:

Nifleheim7
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
It's definitely on my to buy list if they ever decide to localize it.I think it's too big of a title for Nintendo not to opt to bring it in the west...

I think the concept of the game's world is very unique and i hope we'll get a chance to explore it soon.:)I'm probably more excited for this game than The Last Story (which i'm also looking forward.)

The soundtrack got also a very good review from RPGFan:
RPGFan Soundtracks - Xenoblade OST (http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/xenoblade/index.html)

Rad Bromance
08-23-2010, 02:42 PM
If this and The Last Story get North American releases, I may just have to break down and purchase a Wii.

Skyblade
08-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't remember Star Ocean and FFXII being that similar in the battle system. And if the battle system is as broken and mind-numbing as XII's, I am not likely to play this.

Going back to simple roots is good, but the gameplay will make or break it.

Wolf Kanno
08-24-2010, 05:12 AM
A few more reviews and the similarities to XII are mostly interface as in a free roaming world with no random encounters. It also has the whole solo MMO feel like XII did. Interesting to to note, the game also borrows from Call of Duty and Modern Warfare as well, mostly from borrowing their XP systems where the player is rewarded XP for quests and also for find extra content like extra story cutscenes.

The battle system has your main character using the standard options associated with RPGs (Attack, Magic, and Item) but also has abilities called Arts which are special moves. They don't use anything like MP, they simply take time to recharge and they fill up a party meter. As long as the party meter is filled, party members will make sure to heal and revive the main character (No MegaTen/FFXIII deaths in this title) and if the meter gets filled up it unlocks a powerful party attack. Strategy involves giving out proper orders to your party members and using Arts to fill up the meter so you can mow down the enemy horde.