PDA

View Full Version : please accept my virtual handshake

iced_saltine
08-21-2010, 08:06 AM
hallo! this place seems really neat, hopefully i can fit in.

i'm a pretty casual final fantasy fan, but my all time favorite is ffix, so that's probably the board i'll hang out most in :D

other than that, i'm a college graduate and i majored in international studies: japan. i may go on to get my masters, or i may just move right on over to japan. it's still up in the air.

nerdy fun fact: i started saying "alrighty" regularly after first watching a scene in ffix...9 years ago :p

Logie
08-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Hey hey! Nice to meet you!
It's not hard to fit in here.. we have a diverse range of members. :) Though, all are appropriately nerdular.

Rantz
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome! We have the same favourite FF, so you've passed the entry exam!

I Took the Red Pill
08-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I thrust out my left hand instead of my right hand. The situation becomes awkward and strained as I switch to my right hand and you switch to your left.

Bunny
08-21-2010, 09:09 PM
An Iced Saltine would not taste very delicious.

Hello stranger.

Jessweeee♪
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I like your name!

Clo
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Handshake accepted!

I am a Clo.

iced_saltine
08-21-2010, 11:49 PM
:3 thanks~

Welcome! We have the same favourite FF, so you've passed the entry exam!

this is wonderful news!

I thrust out my left hand instead of my right hand. The situation becomes awkward and strained as I switch to my right hand and you switch to your left.

*sticks out both hands*

Goldenboko
08-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I am a Clo.

A wild Clo has appeared!

Shlup
08-22-2010, 12:59 AM
The newbies are getting so creative with their thread titles lately.

I approve of your major. Japanophilia is among the ultimate philias. I went to Japan in April and desperately, desperately want to go back. I'd move there if my husband would go with me, and sometimes I think about doing it anyway!

What do you do with a degree like that anyway? Do you speak Japanese? I'm on Rosetta Stone Until 2. xD

iced_saltine
08-22-2010, 02:03 AM
The newbies are getting so creative with their thread titles lately.

I approve of your major. Japanophilia is among the ultimate philias. I went to Japan in April and desperately, desperately want to go back. I'd move there if my husband would go with me, and sometimes I think about doing it anyway!

What do you do with a degree like that anyway? Do you speak Japanese? I'm on Rosetta Stone Until 2. xD

:D

i haven't gone to japan yet, which is very silly for someone who has studied it for four years, so i am very very envious! i've always wanted to start in hiroshima prefecture and just go wherever the trains took me.

where did you go?

and it's a political science degree (or at least, that's one of the routes you can take) and if i were to get my masters i'd probably head in the direction of international law...big-wig bureaucratic type stuff or maybe try the political arena.
there are also a couple of options that include teaching over in japan. some official government type jobs, others are independent businesses and usually take place in juku.

as for my language capabilities, i can read and hear japanese pretty fluently now, but my speaking skills are absolute crap. i stutter and stumble a lot and forget which form goes where and it's not pretty ~_~

i've never used rosetta stone but a trick i picked up that really helped improve my understanding of japanese was to watch kid shows in the language. disney movies in particular, if you can get a hold of one of the multi-language dvds.

Raistlin
08-22-2010, 06:13 AM
How gullible do you think I am? Crackers don't have hands, not even virtual ones.