PDA

View Full Version : That's why her hair is so big... It's full of secrets.

Rye
08-21-2010, 06:33 PM
What are your hair secrets?

I recently discovered the wonders of dry shampoo. No greasy person should ever go without dry shampoo, especially if they dye their hair and really can't wash their hair every single day, lest they risk the color washing out prematurely. Dry shampoo is a miracle!

Zeldy
08-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Aaaah yes I discovered dry shampoo earlier on in the year, it's such a bad hair day saver.

black orb
08-21-2010, 07:02 PM
>>> My hair is greasy..:luca:

Ashi
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
First let me just say that I love that line from Mean Girls :lol:

I've heard of dry shampoo but I don't think we have it here. I've recently been using some solid shampoo from lush, but it's been making my hair smell a bit weird, even though it looks great.

rubah
08-21-2010, 07:52 PM
b-but.. if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret!

~*~Celes~*~
08-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I haven't heard of dry shampoo before this, but it sounds interesting o.o

Zeldy
08-21-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.pharmacyathand.co.uk/media/gbu0/prodsm/boho.jpg

That's my favourite.

Madame Adequate
08-21-2010, 08:36 PM
The blood of the tortured innocent is almost as good for the hair as it is for a clear, pale, and youthful complexion.

Rye
08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Dry Shampoo is available in Rite Aid/CVS/Wal-Mart/Walbaums/any store like that as far as I know. I like the Tresemme Dry Shampoo. You spray it lightly on the roots of your hair and/or on your bangs (basically, the parts that are greasiest) and it soaks up the excess oils so your hair feels like you just washed it. It usually saves me an extra day between washing my hair. You can also use it on days where your hair is still dry and not-oily to give your hair a little more volume.

~*~Celes~*~
08-21-2010, 09:27 PM
That sounds like a rather awesome invention :o

Bunny
08-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Instead of gel I use man juice.

Gives it that extra UNFF i need in the morning.

Shlup
08-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I, uh... I use pomade on the ends of my hair to add grease before I straighten. Heh.

Fujiko
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I've heard of dry shampoo but I haven't seen or asked around for any yet.

Clo
08-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I add a pomade to the ends of my hair while it's still wet to help with split-ends, and keep my ends from getting super dry. Usually my hair is too dry near the ends and then icky at the roots during the summer when I sweat.

I really want some dry shampoo now!

Shorty
08-22-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm often complimented on my hair and how it "defies gravity", as someone said to me once.

Tease, tease, tease.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/amy.jpg

Parker
08-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Stop using shampoo altogether and just stick to conditioner (shampoo occaisionally if your hair is dirty, but really water and conditioner should be enough)

watch your hair get healthier!

escobert
08-22-2010, 05:36 AM
I shave my head therefore I have no hair secrets!

Peegee
08-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Talk to your barber/hair stylist. That person knows your head inside and out and can advise you on the best style.

Also take his/her styling to heart. I don't really like the hairstyle he gives me when I'm done with the haircut, but for some reason it is very similar to my 'just woke up 5 minutes before the train gets here' hairstyle (which is basically bedhead) - people love it when I have that hairstyle, for some reason.

My hairstyle takes about 2-4 minutes to do.

Manny
08-22-2010, 09:04 AM
This product I got from a hair salon when I went to get my hair done. It's called "It's a 10!" It's a leave in conditioner and it is amazing.

Jessweeee♪
08-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I shower only once every other day and only use shampoo, no conditioner. Immediately after, I comb my hair and attack it with a hair dryer until it's about halfway dry. I don't touch it again until it's completely dry, then I brush out the tangles I made with the hair dryer.

boris no no
08-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I always feel pretty guilty about my hair... I wash it, blow dry it (when I can be bothered) and then just leave it... I get told often that I have great hair :/ I hardly ever brush it!!! it just kinda goes into place and I don't want to mess with it.
- seriously I just use shower gel on my hair after the gym! still seems ok. I'm sure though that once I hit 30 it'll all go downhill

Dry shampoo is AMAZING at festivals - I've been to a week long folk festival in a tent with no showers in sight! Baby wipes and dray shampoo meant clean and respectable me!

Clo
08-22-2010, 12:32 PM
My main problem with my hair is that it is thick, and I'm used to having short hair. But now I've grown it out and I'm all like, "Ahhhh, lots of thick hair!" and I brush it a lot to try to tame it.

fire_of_avalon
08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
My secrets are good genes, spray gel and leaving it the fuck alone.

Iceglow
08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Talk to your barber/hair stylist. That person knows your head inside and out and can advise you on the best style.

Also take his/her styling to heart.

I should speak to my barber sometime about what will suit me more than what I usually have. Though my usual style doesn't look too bad really.

Freya
08-23-2010, 12:42 AM
I use hydrating shampoo and conditioner and leave in conditioner and some coconut oil if I have it. Having curly hair it gets dry easily so I need lots of moisture. I need to get some more coconut oil though :/

champagne supernova
08-23-2010, 01:05 AM
I have quite an intense hair ritual. I wash my hair every second day with shampoo and conditioner. Every alternate week I put in some stuff to stop me from going bald (hopefully). And then, after I towel dry it, I put in some magic stuff to stop making it go frizzy and disgusting. If I'm going out somewhere, I then put wax on it to style it properly. It is a bit of a mission, I will admit.

~*~Celes~*~
08-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Cheap shampoo (V05) and expensive conditioner (Aveda Color Conserve, though my hair isn't colored). Let it air-dry. It's all pretty and wavy and shiny and soft and smells good <3

EDIT: Also i barely ever brush it, it really doesn't need it. I don't even get tangles too often. I finger-comb it enough that it looks just fine.

missaira
08-23-2010, 03:06 AM
I've recently been using some solid shampoo from lush, but it's been making my hair smell a bit weird, even though it looks great.

how freaking amazing is lush :)

my secrets: shampoo twice (each time with only a small 5c piece size dollop of shampoo), and only condition on the very ends. i also comb my hair while washing the conditioner out as the blonde streaks get quite knotty when wet.

i then just towel dry and let it do its own thing. never ever blowdry hair like mine! occassionally i straighten it but only when i could be bothered.

Clo
08-23-2010, 03:46 AM
My hair is thick and tangles a lot, especially in the summer with the heat & humidity and whatnot. Gah, I need advice.

I should ask my person next time I go in for a cut.

NorthernChaosGod
08-23-2010, 04:55 AM
lol @ everyone

I keep my hair nice and short, so I wash it every day.

Shiny
08-23-2010, 07:21 AM
I tried dry shampoo last year and it didn't work out, so I divorced it. Now I use this organic deep conditioner with leave in conditioner and Biosilk. My hair dries easily.

Rodarian
08-23-2010, 08:12 AM
We don't get dry shampoo here sadly :(.... I shower twice every other day , however I body shower in the afternoon.

I usually grow my hair longer in the winter...Then I style it in a drool worthy shag hairstyle....

Madame Adequate
08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
I tried dry shampoo last year and it didn't work out, so I divorced it. Now I use this organic deep conditioner with leave in conditioner and Biosilk. My hair dries easily.

with leave in conditioner and Biosilk

Biosilk

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/Automilf/bertbook.gif

smurfing beauty industry

Mo-Nercy
08-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I've tried a variety of waxes and clays to style my hair, but none of them really do a good enough job of it with my medium-long-ish hair. There's this Chinese brand that works so much better for me. I don't have to use a lot of it either, so my hair doesn't have that greasy, wet look to it. Brilliant stuff. I just have to get my girlfriend to buy a lot of it each time she goes back.

aquatius
08-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Having hair short is so convenient... barely have to wash it.

Laddy
08-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Someday I will get some select EoFFers and we will go shopping, do each others' hair and makeup, and go scouting for hot guys.

Freya
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Someday I will get some select EoFFers and we will go shopping, do each others' hair and makeup, and go scouting for hot guys.

HEY you're stealing my idea!

Laddy
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
:D

Fujiko
08-30-2010, 12:36 AM

Yay! Let's go do all that! :aimkiss: Although, I've already found me a hot guy to last my eyes an eternity, so I'm already set for that last part! :jess:

fire_of_avalon
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
:barf:

Fujiko
08-30-2010, 03:34 AM
You can come too if you want, foa! :aimkiss:

Laddy
09-01-2010, 10:39 PM

Yay! Let's go do all that! :aimkiss: Although, I've already found me a hot guy to last my eyes an eternity, so I'm already set for that last part! :jess:Rodarian?

Fujiko
09-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Yay! Let's go do all that! :aimkiss: Although, I've already found me a hot guy to last my eyes an eternity, so I'm already set for that last part! :jess:Rodarian?

No.

Chris
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
My hair secrets? I only have to deal with my hair when I work, and that usually means spending thirty minutes infront of the mirror, making sure that everything is set.

When I'm not working, I always wear one of my many caps. I have a disgustingly huge collection. :D