PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Of Shinra side quest

ScottyRedXIII
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
AAAAAHHHHH! this riddle has driving me crazy for soooooo many years, how do you work it out??? Some one please help =(

*driven

MJN SEIFER
08-22-2010, 03:05 PM
AAAAAHHHHH! this riddle has driving me crazy for soooooo many years, how do you work it out??? Some one please help =(

I assume you mean the password in Shinra HQ.

What you gotta do is check all the libraries in that room - there is a panel in front of them that tells you what they are for. Now, search for four books (one for each library) that doesn't fit in with the main subject of the library (e.g. if you see a book about weapons in the space library it's the book you want) check the number at the start of the book title, and find the letter that corispondes to that number - so, if the number is "7" the 7th letter is what you want.

Once you've found them all use the letters you got, and you should get the password, which is different each time.

Flying Arrow
08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
You can actually see your options if you go to make your guess (don't worry, because you can back out and keep looking before actually making your choice). This makes things way easier since you can deduce what the answer is if the library is still giving you a hard time.

Saber
08-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't know if I got lucky or what but this is how I got the answer.

1. Travel back to the save point via elevator and save.
2. Go back to the mayor and guess until you got the answer right.
3. This is where I probably got lucky, re-load your save and pick the answer you had right.
I did this and it was mako 2 times in a row which may be luck.

optional options
1. save.
2. keep re-loading save spot until you got the answer right on the first try.

VeloZer0
08-22-2010, 08:06 PM

3. This is where I probably got lucky, re-load your save and pick the answer you had right.

optional options
1. save.
Oh good lord that sounds painful :p

ScottyRedXIII
08-22-2010, 08:22 PM

optional options
1. save.
Oh good lord that sounds painful :p

Inded that does sound painful, thanks for the king hel peeps but soon after i posted this thread i worked it out:roll2

Elly
08-22-2010, 10:59 PM
the propper way is so much easier/quicker than constant reloads for guessing...

Vermachtnis
08-22-2010, 11:43 PM

Unless you get lucky and get it right on the vary first try.

Saber
08-23-2010, 02:06 AM

Unless you get lucky and get it right on the vary first try.

I said it was luck cause I thought I had the right answer but I saved just in case. When I got it wrong I kept answering until I got it right in rage. Then re-loaded and took a shot at it and got it right. It was the same answer.

Stecloud
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
It's not hard if you know how to do it. I think the Mayor's bodyguard gives you some pretty detailed clues to the method for finding the answer, if you pay him enough.

ScottyRedXIII
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
It's not hard if you know how to do it. I think the Mayor's bodyguard gives you some pretty detailed clues to the method for finding the answer, if you pay him enough.

but im to cheap to pay him xD

Stecloud
08-23-2010, 06:46 PM

but im to cheap to pay him xD

Get selling those mastered Alls!

Elly
08-24-2010, 04:09 AM
or start grinding, oh wait to master an All Materia would take a lot of grinding anyway...
i found the Train Garveyard was a great place to grind early on for Gill & EXP, heck by time you steal a Striking Staff from Eligor you should be set in Gill for the rest of your stay in Midgar...