PDA

View Full Version : Gigantuar

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2010, 04:10 AM
I can't defeat his cheapness :cactuar:

He seems to only use 10,000 Needles, so I figured "okay this shouldn't be too hard...just set up a bunch of X/SEN/MED Paradigms" but I think it may be immune to Provoke. Even if I put two Sentinels in there he just won't stay away from my party leader long enough. Buffs and Debuffs seem to be useless as well. All of my usual strategies are not working :(

Karifean
08-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Gigantuar should definitely be a Rank A mission, cause he's even harder than some of them.
I think (it was a while ago) I made myself a SabSabSab Paradigm to start with and instantly dazed him. This gives enough time to buff up with SynSynMed (Med hopefully being Hope or Vanille) and get rid of the no-attack, no-magic debuffs. Then switch to RavRavRav, do one complete ATB bar of attacks, then switch to ComComCom and beat the hell outta him. After a bit of damage, switch back to SabSabSab and daze him. Basically, do the same thing over again, but stay in ComComCom. If you're strong enough, he shouldn't be able to survive. (This is also the strategy I got 5 stars with)

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hahaha yeah, I was like "Rank B? Pffft." and then he beat me up :(

I'll have to buff up a bit more and give that strategy a try. Another I've read is using Lightning's weapons to get a random stagger, but that's not working out so well. I don't want to be doing things akin to the Death trick on all of these missions. It just gets so tedious xD

WorkThoseStripes
08-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Team: Sazh (Lead) Fang Light

Paradigms: Rav Com Com, Rav Com Com, Com Com Com

Equip Sazh with Procyons (they gave Random Instant Chain)

Use Rav/Com/Com and have Sazh use Cold Blood, if that doesn't work swtich to your second Rav/Com/Com and try again. If that doesn't work hit retry and start the battle again. Eventually you should get a Random Stagger, then just Com/Com/Com until it dies.

I hope that helps.

Eagle299
08-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I ended up using a Fortisol before the battle, and went at him with 2 of my characters loaded with the Random Instant Chain ability. This is pretty much a role of the dice strategy, but if you get that instant chain, he can be launched, and kept airborne for the rest of the fight.

CactuarKing
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I used that strategy of instant chain too. had to reset an ass-load of times to get it to work though!!!