PDA

View Full Version : Transfer COMPLETE

ValkyrieWing
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Well, I'm all moved into my new apt....its odd to not have people here 24/7. Other than the little kids running around with their scooters, of course!

Moving horror stories GO.

Almost got into an accident on the highway in transit to the new place. :p

Rodarian
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Congrats..May your new place be happy filled and big enough for a small party!! :D

Peegee
08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
No moving horror stories - usually things are awesome.

I did help somebody move once. She invited a bunch of people and treated us for food after ^_^

Easiest day ever. Zzzzz

Pheesh
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Moving can be stressful, but aside from that I don't have any horrible stories about moving.

Except for the fact that I had to move/change schools soooo many times when I was younger, which wasn't fun.

Old Manus
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought I'd finally landed the Nicolas N'Koulou transfer I'd been dreaming of.

I need to stop playing Football Manager.

boris no no
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
last moved was from Derby to Manchester - so like a 2.5/3 hour drive. Doesn't seem far eh? We had an ANCIENT van that wouldn't go into 4th gear so had to somehow slide it from 3rd to 5th (well my boyfriends granddad did) and exhaust fumes got into the cab area... and then my boyfriends grandma insisted on joining us... so 2 people over the age of 70 x_x and grandpa found it hard not to drift between lanes on the motorway... going into the fast lane at one point.

Never again man... oh wait.... he's helping us move next week...

ValkyrieWing
08-23-2010, 11:02 PM
We borrowed my ex's van for the transfer. Somehow, all my crap fit quite nicely into there, including a futon. Futon mattress FTL. >< Foldable my foot.

Anyways, we were on the express way, following said van, when all of a sudden some schmoe decided he ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO get into our lane. Thank the gods that my brakes were up to par, or I'd have to change my screename to ValkyriePancake. :p

I hate moving. Such a headache for everyone involved.

rubah
08-23-2010, 11:59 PM
"oh hey, why did we have to buy ALL SOLID AMERICAN-MADE FURNITURE?! this stuff is heavy!"

that's about it, really

Clo
08-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I moved into a new apartment, and now I have like no money.

Fun story.

Jowy
08-24-2010, 01:31 AM
uhauls are expensive

the end!

Shorty
08-24-2010, 03:22 AM
I packed all of my :bou::bou::bou::bou: into a Plymouth Breeze and drove 1400 miles to the worst place on earth.

escobert
08-24-2010, 03:24 AM
I hate moving.

Jiro
08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
The only time I really moved was after my house burnt down so not much needed to be moved.

missaira
08-24-2010, 01:03 PM
The only time I really moved was after my house burnt down so not much needed to be moved.

hold up, say what??

Jowy
08-25-2010, 01:30 AM
oh christ i remember having the 150 pound solid wood entertainment stand sitting in my apartment hallway

and i had to get denmark, enano, and marick to help me carry it up the stairs.

i'm so glad that abomination is gone.

~*~Celes~*~
08-25-2010, 01:54 AM
my dad managed to lose the screws for my dresser + vanity mirror, so the mirror is currently just kind of...off to the side, leaning against the wall, and my dresser is sitting there with a bunch of junk piled on top of it, barely used. :(

DMKA
08-25-2010, 03:51 AM
Last time I moved it was several states over I was moving, so naturally I did the smart thing and loaded up my 12 year old barely running car with all my worldly possessions and no spare tire in the trunk. And no form of roadside assistance.

And, I got a flat. In the middle of nowhere. In Missouri. Thank God for cellphones. And the patience to wait five hours for a stranger to show up with a new tire. :|