PDA

View Full Version : Where m' blogs at?

G13
08-24-2010, 05:57 AM
The other day I was talking to someone about the junk I write and he asked me if I have a blog he could check out...

:|

I have literally never thought of that. I have an LJ but I never use it, I don't like it. I can't even give you a good reason why I don't like it, I just don't. :/

So anyways, I want you guys to recommend me some good blog sites. You already know I have an unfounded hate for LJ, and Tumblr's not too high up on my list either. Tell me brothers and sisters of EoFF, where do you lay down some wicked blogs at?

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Mo'fucking Blogger (www.blogger.com).

Shlup
08-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Yeah, Blogger.

Raistlin
08-24-2010, 06:01 AM
I've heard good things about Blogger and I used Wordpress for a while and found it nice (I'm not sure how popular it is anymore, though).

Or you could be a man and program your own blog.

Freya
08-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Blogger? It's a bit more customizable. I think. o.o

G13
08-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Or you could be a man and program your own blog.

Oh I'll program it! I'll program the hell out of it!!!

Clo
08-24-2010, 06:24 AM
I've used Blogger on and off.

I associate LJ with twelve year olds.

escobert
08-24-2010, 06:28 AM
I cba to blog or read blogs :p

~*~Celes~*~
08-24-2010, 06:31 AM
i have a livejournal that i post in sometimes.

Pheesh
08-24-2010, 06:32 AM
I cba to blog or read blogs :p

Jiro
08-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I associate LJ with twelve year olds.

Emo 12 year olds. Like me :jess:

Blogger's what I got for my pieces o' nonsense brah. I CAN TOTALLY FOLLOW YOU OR WHATEVER THE FUNCTION IS

G13
08-24-2010, 09:47 AM
:jess: Hell yeah man!

I'll probably be using that one as there's really nothing else to compare it with here. :monster:

Pheesh
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Aren't we upgrading to a vbulletin with blog functions on it or something? Couldn't you wait till then?

G13
08-24-2010, 10:16 AM
I thought about that but, and I don't actually know this to be true, it wouldn't be very public to people who aren't members of EoFF. :confused:

Jiro
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
And if you want to show it to people, you run the risk of them noticing the rest of us miscreants. :monster:

I'm not even sure what that word means atm

Peegee
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
So you want a customisable page that isn't LJ? because paid LJ sites are pretty good (I used to have naked asian girl Sung Hi Lee all over my LJ until I was warned by one of you schmucks (it was probably Jiro). Then I got mad because anything other than naked Sung Hi Lee is worthless so I quit paying for LJ

Anyway my blag is full of spam. I don't know why anybody has me on their list.

Clo
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
We need blogs here. I want to read all of your guys' DIRTY SECRETS.

(Actually though, the last forum I was a wittle mod for, there were blogs, and they ended up totally being more dominant for some of the members over the forums. We referred to some members as mere bloggers and not participants.)

Shorty
08-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Damn it, I use LJ.

Not very often anymore, but I use it. I've started a couple of blogs, but I never keep up with them.

rubah
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I have used blogspot, wordpress, and lj.

G13
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM

You want to know what I think of the eleven years worth of cartoons I've finally caught up on?

Peegee
08-24-2010, 05:32 PM
We do have a blag here. it's call your visitor messages. Just type in there.

Levian
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't read blogs of people I don't know, it turns out most people aren't very interesting!

Raistlin
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Purely personal blogs are just boring in general. They need to be focused on something to be interesting.

Peegee
08-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Purely personal blogs are just boring in general. They need to be focused on something to be interesting.

Mine is focused on being PG and/or spam. How is that interesting?

Raistlin
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Focused on something not retarded to be interesting.

Clo
08-24-2010, 09:28 PM
My life is interesting. It's full of shenanigans.

Bunny
08-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Dear Diary,

Today I traveled to the Out Planet of Xenol XV and vacationed on the Volcanic Island of Persui. It was a lovely little cabin with a beautiful view of lava-spewing mountains. Every night, the wife and I were put soundly to sleep by an ancient native ceremony of children sacrifices to their god Polo and each morning we were awoken by the beautiful music of the freshing made rib-cage harp. Unfortunately, the travel agency neglected to warn us that Emperor Tolutis of a nearby Moon Planet had scheduled a bloody invasion in the middle of our otherwise flawless vacation. The wife was taken into custody for crimes against male genitalia (apparently oral sex is illegal on both the Moon Planet of Tolutis' regime and Xenol XV, who knew!). Everything turned out okay in the end as I finally put my gun-saber training to good use, killing the Emperor in a bloody showdown and taking over his crown, rescuing my wife in the process.

It's just like that old adage by Amphibian Philosopher Toadis: "Vacation is both a time of tragedy and new beginnings."

Hopefully my new job as Emperor-Supreme of the Felix Galaxy turns out okay. The wife continues to nag at me to change the laws of my regime but I kinda like threatening her with beheading every time she refuses to do something for me.

Until next time diary!

Love,
Galactic Emperor Supreme Vix Volutis III

Old Manus
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Aren't we upgrading to a vbulletin with blog functions on it or something?Mother of God :onoes:

Crop
08-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Pfft, blogs. Who gives a crap about my life? I know I don't give a toss about any of yours.

Rye
08-25-2010, 02:38 AM
I have a craft blog on Blogger. I dig it. It's very intuitive for formatting around photos and such. I have a circle of craft people and we all follow each other's blogs and encourage each other and sometimes buy from each other and discuss each other's items. It's the first new community I've been part of since joining EoFF. I like it because the people are genuine and kind.

I don't think I'm interesting enough to make a pure personal blog about. I throw some nuggets of my life in there, but generally, it's all related to crafts or cute things, and is geared towards promoting my business, promoting other shops that I like, and discussing craft techniques and all that good stuff. Sometimes I talk about cute things, things that I associate with the general feel I go for in my crafting, like my Japanese planters. ;O

I have an LJ too. I don't update too much anymore.

Shlup
08-25-2010, 02:47 AM
What Rye said. Except she posts about crafts and I post about manga and unemployment because I am a real class act like that.

Rye
08-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I really like your blog. XD I think your Japan series is a serious professional blog level awesome.

Shlup
08-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Yeah but now I'm back to nothing to talk about.

I guess I have San Fran, Vegas, and Boise trips coming up in the next two months. I need to craft more but I get frustrated easily.

Marshall Banana
08-25-2010, 03:25 AM
I have a strawberry blog, which I've neglected for a couple weeks because of festivals, movies, sickness, irregular sleep, FFXII, and VB4. =O

When I started "Strawberry Time," I was worried that I'd eventually run out of strawberry things to post about, but, actually, the problem is that there are too many things! My brain is overwhelmed when it's time to decide what's next on the list. At one point, I wrote down everything I could think of in my notebook -- for future reference -- and my list had over 100 things; but I've barely even touched it!

Oh, and I use Wordpress. It was installed on the webspace I'm using, and I coded my own theme for it.

DMKA
08-25-2010, 03:47 AM
I used to have an LJ that I'd post on fairly often, though it was always silly pointless stuff. I've been thinking about starting a new blog out of boredom, but every time I do I can't think of anything to write about.

Blogger seems pretty cool, in the sense that they have virtually no restrictions on the content you can post. It's much better than LJ anyway. :)

Shiny
08-26-2010, 08:13 AM

Hopefully that will be happening soon.

I think blogs are great. I prefer them over Twitter and Myspace. A great blog imo. (http://stuffnoonetoldme.blogspot.com/)

Jiro
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
So you want a customisable page that isn't LJ? because paid LJ sites are pretty good (I used to have naked asian girl Sung Hi Lee all over my LJ until I was warned by one of you schmucks (it was probably Jiro). Then I got mad because anything other than naked Sung Hi Lee is worthless so I quit paying for LJ

Anyway my blag is full of spam. I don't know why anybody has me on their list.

Don't blame me smurfing azn pg samasan

Naked azn chicks on your lj would have made me go there more often. Your drizzle of spamtastic PGness is not enough to entertain me on cold nights :choc: