PDA

View Full Version : The Bartimaeus Trilogy(Books)

FFIX Choco Boy
08-24-2010, 09:09 PM
So I just finished the Bartimaeus Trilogy today. I loved the first two books, and really couldn't put them down very easily to study or go to bed or anything else. I also loved the third book even more, but out of an attachment to the series it was hard to pick it up and keep reading because I didn't want to see it end, but I finished it today riding home on the bus. Hoo boy... I did not expect that ending.

I expected the book to end with Nat becoming Prime Minister, and Kitty and him ending up together, while Bartimaeus would be free in the Other Place, but OH NO! Nat just had to go and sacrifice himself to prove he was so different from all the other magicians... I think that was just selfish to the max, wanting to play the part of hero. Then he insulted Bartimaeus and called him basically worthless, while the feelings were mutual. WHAT WAS THAT? I thought they were finally getting to know each other and be at least slightly friendly! I really thought it would be a happy ending...

Either way, I really loved the entire series and recommend it to anyone who wants a great fantasy novel set to bide their time. It was a fairly easy read, and while it wasn't quick, I'm sure the more speedy of us could tackle the whole series in three days. The first book is called The Amulet of Samarkand, the second is The Golem's Eye, and the third is Ptolemy's Gate. They are written by Jonathan Stroud(Will never forget his name because the main character's name is a play on his own), and they are roughly 450 pages each. Again, I'd really recommend the read for anyone willing to, but be prepared for the ending, which I won't say because it's all up in the spoiler.

Also, has anyone else read these books? What did you think of them? How long did it take you to read them? Did they slightly change your perception of reality as they did with me? Questions, can I get some answers?

aquatius
08-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I loved these books. The ending made me cry manly tears ;_;