PDA

View Full Version : Versus XIII Not Coming Soon... Possibly by 2012 the earliest...

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Yep, SE said they will have a new trailer for TGS 2010 but Kitase said they can't commit to a release date in 2011 (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/08/25/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-to-arrive-later-rather-than-sooner/), meaning the game is probably not going to be coming out for Japan til 2012.

Throw in the fact Kitase also said in another interview that FFXV should have a faster development period (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/08/26/square-enix-plans-to-quick-summon-final-fantasy-xv/) we may be looking at a real sequel to the FF franchise before the XIII franchise gets its next sequel. Pure speculation of course.

qwertysaur
08-27-2010, 08:21 AM
I've been slowly losing interest in Versus XIII. :(

Agaito XIII looks interesting though :p

Mo-Nercy
08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Damn. I was looking forward to Versus XIII. To me, the early signs are pretty good.

ShinGundam
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Nomura comment on that they didn't delay Versus

The footage alone is new to the public, doesn't have the command menus, which were removed. On the other hand, Agito footage is like a brand new debut of a more product-like version. Sorry for not being able to show little and nothing more, that's because the release date for both titles are still undecided @Nomura

The priority of information disclosure is not decided by the announcement order but the release date one. The announcement timing is decided depending on the strategy of each title and the titles to be released are not always the ones who have been announced earlier. It's necessary to see how the team is progressing with development and the scheduling, that way it's inetivable not to have information disclosure and information exposure. @Nomura

So far SE want to focus on FF14,Tactics ogre, The 3rd birthday and KH recoded because all of these games have a release date not to mention possible announcements ( New SaGa, Dissidia 2 and so on)

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
It still doesn't change that Kitase is saying 2011 would be overly optimistic whereas 2012 would be more realist time to release the game.

As you brought up though, I feel its really stupid for SE to announce a game, create concept video and then sit on it for a few years and say they can't divulge information on the basis it's against company policy to reveal info on a game that is 12th in line to be released when they haven't even announced titles 6-11. :roll2

Haven't they learned from XII and XIII that fans don't like having their strings pulled for 5+ years for a FF title. By the time Versus gets released, it will have to change the face of gaming for anyone to care cause we'll all most likely either be fawning over FFXV or the next round of consoles by 2012.

Kenshin IV
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I still like how two of the three Final Fantasy XIII's are coming out after Final Fantasy XIV.

Just sayin'.

Raistlin
10-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Square has really dropped the ball when it comes to timely release of FFs lately.

Depression Moon
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/134467-kh-iii-2013-versus-xiii-2012-a.html

champagne supernova
10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
VII was also delayed for a long time. That worked out fine. I think Versus is in good hands. It looks like it is nowhere near as linear as XIII, and hopefully when some of their development team moved over to help with XIII, it gave the scenario planners time to really get the story nailed. 2012 isn't that long anyway, considering XIII was only released this year.

Depression Moon
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Ignore my last post. I just noticed that mine's came after his.