PDA

View Full Version : The EoFF Jesus Look-a-Like (AKA Beard) Contest - Signup and discussion thread!

Shorty
08-27-2010, 06:28 PM
PG has threatened me with my life if I don't get this contest on it's way.

I am pleased to announce the sign-up period for The Eoff Beard Contest!

The contest start date will be September 1st, 2010.

If you are unable to start at the beginning date, you're welcome to join and post progress pictures but will not be considered an official contestant and will not be eligible for any prizes. Members not participating may also post clean-shave pictures to tempt the contestants.

Members willing to participate in this contest agree to adhere to the following contest regulations.

* Note: In the interest of sexual non-discrimination, girls are allowed to participate if at the end of the contest they can exhibit at least an inch of growth.

RULES:

1. The contest begins on September 1st, 2010. All participants must be clean-shaven and agree to post a starting picture. Members will be allowed to enter after the contest begins, but they must keep their beard for a longer amount of time than the members before them in order to win the main prize.
- Allowable hair types: eyebrows, eyelashes, (trimmed) sideburns, nosehair, earhair.
- Banned hair types: mutton chops, pencil beards, goatees, soul patches, neck hair and mustaches.

2. Contestants agree to post an update pictures atleast once every seven days. Pictures may be posted at any time in between.

3. Trimming and shaping are highly frowned upon. "Sculpting" will be subjected to questioning.

4. Contestants must achieve at least an inch of growth and let their beard grow for at least three months to be eligible for a prize.

5. NO SHAVING. This will disqualify you from the contest.

6. No beards other than on the face will be permitted to qualify as part of the contest.

7. If a member decides to quit at any point, they will be permitted to re-enter the contest, however, their beard time will be restarted.

PRIZES:
Three awards will be given. Both Best Effort and Longest Beard winners will receive this prize:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/Upcycled%20Modern%20Mustache%20Mondo%20Mug%20in%20Brown.jpg

Best Overall Beard (Beard Kept The Longest) will take home this glorious thing:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/Rusty%20Roger%20Beardaclava.jpg

CONTESTANTS:
Below is a current list of members who wish to participate:

Bert
Blues Agent
Guardian XIII
Jiro
Levian
NCG
Parker
PG
Rantzien
Sir Lancealot

If you would like to participate, POST IN THIS THREAD.

He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less then a man. - Shakespeare

DISCLAIMER: The EoFF Hirsutism Committee or EoFF itself are not responsible for you being excommunicated from any families or social circles, nor being arrested on suspicion of pedophilia or terrorism as a result of participating in this contest. Please participate at your own risk, and exercise caution when displaying your unkempt facial hair in public.

escobert
08-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm so down for this!

Rantz
08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Hell yeah! It's on!

Raistlin
08-27-2010, 06:46 PM
If only I didn't have to shave semi-occasionally, it would so be on. You all are the Gabe to my Tycho (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/01/28/).

Mirage
08-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I'll take a screenshot of my beard sometime, i guess.

Clo
08-27-2010, 07:01 PM
What female can grow an inch of hair?!

Inferno
08-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Damn it ! I'll be attending a wedding on saturday, I can't play :(

Shorty
08-27-2010, 07:04 PM

I've seen it. It can be done. Although you may need some testosterone shots in order to make it happen.

Goldenboko
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I want to do this, but I don't think I can not shave for 6 months without going insane.

Clo
08-27-2010, 07:07 PM

I've seen it. It can be done. Although you may need some testosterone shots in order to make it happen.

This sounds like way too much... hormone-y... discomfort. I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT.

Shorty
08-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I want to do this, but I don't think I can not shave for 6 months without going insane.

I'd maybe be willing to reconsider the length of time required for prizes, as long as it's reasonable.

Pheesh
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't shave your legs or armpits Clo, I think that'd be a good place to start for female contestants.

Goldenboko
08-27-2010, 07:17 PM
You should do it in sections. Like "Best Speed Beard" which is whoever can make a good beard in a week and a best "Jesus Beard" which is the full 6 months of non-shaving.

G13
08-27-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm so down for this. :cool:

Edit: Wait, so after it gets to an inch we can keep it trimmed or do we have to keep going 'til we look like Joaquin Phoenix?

Freya
08-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Beards are hot (usually unless you look horrible with one, and if you don't keep it trimmed that's not hot either)

Shorty
08-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Trimming is advised against - if you do end up trimming, you may end up costing yourself a prize - another contestant might choose to not trim and surpass you with beard epicness.

Contestants are encouraged to aim for a Joaquin beard.

Fujiko
08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Contestants are encouraged to aim for a Joaquin beard.

xDDD

Freya
08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
But a crazy mountain man beard is gross! You can still have an epic beard and have it look nice :colbert: don't be THAT lazy.

G13
08-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Hmm... I'll have to think on this then. A Joaquin beard sounds hilarious but not if it's attached to your face.

Shorty
08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
But a crazy mountain man beard is gross! You can still have an epic beard and have it look nice :colbert: don't be THAT lazy.

The point of the contest isn't to have a nice, neat, shapely beard of an upstanding citizen. It's the grow the best damn forest on your face that you possibly can, making as little cosmetic alterations as possible.

It's not laziness, it's willpower and discipline.

Clo
08-27-2010, 07:47 PM

The point of the contest isn't to have a nice, neat, shapely beard of an upstanding citizen. It's the grow the best damn forest on your face that you possibly can, making as little cosmetic alterations as possible.

It's not laziness, it's willpower and discipline.

Are you saying Jesus's beard wasn't neat and upstanding? :colbert:

Shorty
08-27-2010, 07:51 PM
It's so hard to tell when everyone paints it so differently.

Agent Proto
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Haha, I just recently shaved my Manny Pacquiao-like facial hair a couple days ago, so I'm as clean shaven as it can get for the start of this, that is if I choose to enter.

Now, tell me why I should participate, and I'll consider it. :colbert:

Peegee
08-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Haha, I just recently shaved my Manny Pacquiao-like facial hair a couple days ago, so I'm as clean shaven as it can get for the start of this, that is if I choose to enter.

Now, tell me why I should participate, and I'll consider it. :colbert:

You get EoFF girls who like bearded lumberjacks swooning over you.

ps: I would love to see Brian enter this competition.

Shorty
08-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Also the prizes, which I am paying out of pocket for. >:O

I'm considering revising the required time to three months for prize eligibility.

Rantz
08-27-2010, 08:12 PM
I aim not for the beard of Jesus, but for the beard of GOD.

Poseidon and Karl Marx are other acceptable goals.

G13
08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
I think that's way more reasonable.

You should have a sign up sheet so if people shave and get disqualified you can cross them off. That way if there's only one person left they get the prize and they don't have to go the full 3 months looking like a filthy beggar.

Or some :bou::bou::bou::bou:, I dunno. :tongue:

Clo
08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qWcRFeU75N64lM:http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10a/crazy/BigWillysCrazyBeard.jpg&t=1

Somebody should grow this one for me.

iced_saltine
08-27-2010, 08:15 PM
so who's judging? maybe...to include females in this contest, girls get to judge? :)

Rantz
08-27-2010, 08:17 PM
You should have a sign up sheet so if people shave and get disqualified you can cross them off. That way if there's only one person left they get the prize and they don't have to go the full 3 months looking like a filthy beggar.

But having people looking like filthy beggars for an extended period of time is half the point!

Also if she's paying for prizes she should get some value for her money xD

G13
08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I suppose. Six months would have been insane though. :eek:

Shlup
08-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Six months of beardedness isn't that long. The itchiness goes away after a couple of days, when the hair is a decent length. DO IT DO IT DO IT I WANT TO SEEEEEEEEE BEARDS!

Shorty
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, three months is the minimum amount to receive a prize. If there are several members still going after that time, we have to wait until there is a winner. It could very well go on for six months!

Bunny
08-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Is the prize a picture of the item for the winner or is the prize the actual, physical object of what is contained within the picture?

Madame Adequate
08-27-2010, 08:47 PM
My dear Moonflower, if you can convince Jess, I will enter this. :bigsmile:

Shorty
08-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Is the prize a picture of the item for the winner or is the prize the actual, physical object of what is contained within the picture?

The actual physical object contained in the picture, dummy.

Bunny
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
So now I have to grow a beard, get weird looks from people because I look like some Caveman/Rapist, upset the girlfriend because it hurts her face when we have heavy makeouts, and give you my address so you can probably show up at my door possibly with a knife instead of a cool beard cover?

No thanks, psycho.

Shlup
08-27-2010, 08:56 PM
My dear Moonflower, if you can convince Jess, I will enter this. :bigsmile:
She may be feisty, but I think I can still take her midget-ass down. Do iiiiiit!

So now I have to grow a beard, get weird looks from people because I look like some Caveman/Rapist, upset the girlfriend because it hurts her face when we have heavy makeouts, and give you my address so you can probably show up at my door possibly with a knife instead of a cool beard cover?

No thanks, psycho.

Stubble hurts for making out, but beards are soft! And you can rub it on her and it feels gooooood. When BJ rubs his beard on my neck it's like :wacky:

Shorty
08-27-2010, 08:56 PM
A PO box works just as well, crazy.

GrimmReaper
08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
I would participate if I wasn't in the military :(

Old Manus
08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Six fucking months?

kotora
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Does this beard have to be on the face? Cause I don't see the rules saying anything about that.

Laddy
08-27-2010, 10:30 PM
What about twinkish 16 year-olds? Can they compete! :O

Shorty
08-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Does this beard have to be on the face? Cause I don't see the rules saying anything about that.

Rule #6 - no beards other than on the face will be permitted to qualify as part of the contest.

Laddy: Anyone can compete!

Parker
08-27-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm in. Can't wait to look like someone who can't grow a beard is growing a beard. Also it means I don't have to bulk buy more blades seeing as I've run out.

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm so mothersmurfing down for this. But I can't participate until late September, I will still be working until the 26th and need to be clean-shaven for work.

You bitches are going down. /smug

EDIT: When I win, I want a new smug with a beard.

Shlup
08-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Next person to post "I want to participate but [insert lame excuse]" gets banned.

Except PG. He is excused on account of being of Chinese decent. Unless he wants to grow a fu manchu.

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
You better not be talking about me, Shlup. :colbert:

G13
08-27-2010, 11:23 PM
You're already out then, broheim. :|

:hahaha:

Breine
08-27-2010, 11:28 PM
I already look like Jesus :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2010, 11:48 PM
If you are unable to start at the beginning date, you're welcome to join and post progress pictures but will not be considered an official contestant and will not be eligible for any prizes.
Just saw this, smurf that. :doublecolbert:

Shouldn't late participation just deal shame upon all who start at the beginning? It'd make my defeat of them all the more humiliating when they have a month head start.

Shorty
08-27-2010, 11:54 PM
LADIES ONLY: I need two volunteers for the Beard Committee. Only those in favors of beards, please.

Shlup
08-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah I'm cool with late starters. Are all prizes for endurance or beard quality or does it have to be both?

ETA: ME ME ME!

Shorty
08-28-2010, 12:01 AM
One down, one to go!

As for late starters, I'm just trying to think of how it would be fair to the others who've been doing it longer. I guess it would really only be a risk to the late starter in the sense that their beard might not "fill out" as well as the others.

Open for discussion, I suppose!

G13
08-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I was under the impression it wasn't the quality of the beard but the age. :colbert:

Rye
08-28-2010, 12:08 AM
NO NO NO NO NO.

I am not down with watching Huxley struggle as he grows a patchy straggly teen puberty beard.

My parents will take the ever loving piss out of him when he visits if he does.

Parker
08-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I vote age because I will definitely not have a good quality beard :)

late starters quit your jobs loserz ;/

Agent Proto
08-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Fine, should I say that I'm game? :greenie:

G13
08-28-2010, 12:12 AM
YES! Do it, man!

Levian
08-28-2010, 12:12 AM
sure, I'll join. Although, I will most certainly be quitting shortly after a month. It wouldn't look good with my job to keep it longer.

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2010, 12:17 AM
How about this: I continue to grow my beard after the contest "ends" so that all remaining contestant's beards will be of the same age. Or just go for a length of time longer than the last contestant remaining.

I'm still pretty sure I'll have the best beard at the end of six months even with the month wait.

Clo
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
I VOLUNTEER FOR THE COMMITTEE! I am qualified because I have two X chromosomes and love beards.

G13
@ NCG: That would kind of defeat the purpose of the contest though.

Shorty
You should let him try, Rye. ;-; He can shave it if he visits!

How about this. Contestants will be allowed to start after the starting date of September 1st, but anyone who does so is only eligible for the secondary prizes (mugs).

Only participants who have been competing since the official start date will be eligible for the crocheted beardaclava.

If the original participants all drop out, then the beardaclava will be up for grabs for the late starters.

Also SHLUP AND CLO LET'S DO THIS

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2010, 12:20 AM
You should let him try. ;-; He can shave it if he visits!

How about this. Contestants will be allowed to start after the starting date of September 1st, but anyone who does so is only eligible for the secondary prizes (mugs).

Only participants who have been competing since the official start date will be eligible for the crocheted beardaclava.

If the original participants all drop out, then the beardaclava will be up for grabs for the late starters.

I'm cool with this.

fire_of_avalon
08-28-2010, 12:21 AM
CAN I BE ON THE BEARD COMMITTEE IF I AM ALSO A PARTICIPANT?!?!?!?!?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=46801445&id=2706774

Clo
08-28-2010, 12:24 AM

I want to see some luxurious beards, people. :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2010, 12:26 AM

I want to see some luxurious beards, people. :colbert:

Oh, you will. At least from me, I don't know about these boys though.

Shorty
08-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Answer, foa: no, only non-participating members can be on the committee!

fire_of_avalon
08-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Hint: It's a fake beard. But Clo go on ahead of me, awwwwwwwwwwwoh. :aimmad:

Shorty
08-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Sorry foa, Shlup and Clo got here first. :(

Peegee
08-28-2010, 12:51 AM
As I understand it, at March 2011 you will decide? So this isn't a marathon contest?

Because I was just going to not shave and get an ugly 'tache and some chin hair and then declare myself winnar when everybody's ridiculously overdeveloped beards have to be shaved lest they get fired

bwahaha buck buck buck

Shorty
08-28-2010, 01:04 AM
No no no, it IS a marathon contest. The person who keeps their beard the longest wins. The prizes will all be issued once it ends - however long that takes.

It's not a six month contest - it goes until there's a winner. However, if everyone just goes for a month and drops out, I'm not going to spend money on prizes. The only way to get a prize is to keep the bear for a minimum of three months (has been changed from six).

Did that answer your question?

Bunny
08-28-2010, 01:30 AM
The only way to get a prize is to keep the bear for a minimum of three months (has been changed from six).

I am now entering this contest. When do I get mine?

Shorty
08-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Never. >:O

Bunny
08-28-2010, 02:49 AM
This contest doesn't seem to be designed in the interest of fairness.

Shorty
08-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Fine, you can enter.

edit: Below is a current list of people who wish to participate:

Bert
Blues Agent
Bunny
Guardian XIII
Levian
Parker
PG
Rantzien

NCG will be a late starter.

Anyone who is on this list who does not actually want to participate, please let me know. I'll address the mistake and Shlup will ban you.

We need more beards than this, people!

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Fine, you can enter.

edit: Below is a current list of people who wish to participate:

Bert
Blues Agent
Bunny
Guardian XIII
Levian
Parker
PG
Rantzien

NCG will be a late starter.

Anyone who is on this list who does not actually want to participate, please let me know. I'll address the mistake and Shlup will ban you.

We need more beards than this, people!
This is my competition? I'm so going to win.

Since the contest is now only for three months, any chance of postponing it a bit?

Shorty
08-28-2010, 03:44 AM
It's not a three month contest. The contest must go on for a minimum of three months, or I won't be issuing prizes. After three months, the contestants decide how long to continue it.

The committee will have to rule about postponing the contest. If you're wanting it postponed for a week or more, you're probably SOL.

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Ohhh, I get it now. Never mind wanting to postpone it then, it'll be late September until I'm able to join in.

Bunny
08-28-2010, 04:03 AM
It's impossible for me to grow anything beyond ugly stubble. I am not doing this. Also I don't want to post pictures.

Shorty
08-28-2010, 04:05 AM
You said you were joining! Augh you bastard, I'll cross your name off.

Peegee
08-28-2010, 04:18 AM

After three months, the contestants decide how long to continue it.

Okay you need to spell this out for me. I'll address why later. In the interest of lulz I will be joining this contest BUT I need to know a few things

- do we start in Sept
- weekly pics fine, no question there
- after 3 months, then what?
- it's a marathon, so if I don't shave for the rest of the year (2011 until August) can I win?

Or do we go on until somebody with an awesome epic beard dies when it gets stuck in a pencil sharpener?

BTW to everybody this is a good piece of advice on what to do

<a href="http://4chanarchive.org/images/fit/3402436/1276029637123.jpg">http://4chanarchive.org/images/fit/3402436/1276029637123.jpg</a>

Bunny
08-28-2010, 04:22 AM

I also frequently state that I'm Jesus' cousin, the heir to a vast European fortune and a mime.

I'm a liar, Shorty. A liar.

Shorty
08-28-2010, 04:29 AM
- do we start in Sept - Yes.
- weekly pics fine, no question there
- after 3 months, then what? - Three months is the amount of time you need to be in the contest for me to agree to issue prizes to the people who win. If this contest starts and only continues for a month or two, I'm not goint to spend money on prizes. The three month period is to ensure that there will be a sufficient amount of time for entertainment. Not just "okay it's been a week, everyone's dropped out but one person where's the prize". The three months is set as an entertainment standard for everyone else. AFTER the three months is up, whichever contestants are left get to battle for the prizes. Say, if there are seven contestants and four drop out after two months and thre remaining three stay for over three months, only the remaining three will be eligible for prizes. The person who outlasts everyone will get the main prize. This person could also very well win the Longest Beard prize - there's no rule against not getting two prizes. And the final Best Effort prize will be issued to another person, but only if they last more than three months.
- it's a marathon, so if I don't shave for the rest of the year (2011 until August) can I win? - Only if you are the last person to shave.

Or do we go on until somebody with an awesome epic beard dies when it gets stuck in a pencil sharpener? If that person is the winner, the runner-up will take the main prize.

ARE ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED? Y/N

Peegee
08-28-2010, 04:33 AM
<3 you're awesome

I'm done messing around. So I'll shave regularly until Wednesday when it will be lulz filled hilarity.

ps: if I drop out now do you promise i'll be banned?

Shorty
08-28-2010, 04:34 AM
No, dummy xD <3

I'm a liar, Shorty. A liar.

Roger that.

Manny
08-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Oh my fucking God. I wish I could grow a beard just so I could own that mug.

Psychotic
08-28-2010, 05:26 AM
My money is on this guy right here. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/unshavennightmare.html)

Peegee
08-28-2010, 05:59 AM
nice xD like my destruction of ciddeh's most likely to be batman. Nom'd batman and now you had to be like wait D:

In terms of the contestants thusfar, I put my money on Rantz :D

Jiro
08-28-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm entering, but I swear to god Clo could beat me at this beard growing business.

Sir Lancealot
08-28-2010, 07:15 AM
I'll join, if only to beat Jiro.

Rodarian
08-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry but I don't keep long beards.. They look nasty..Not to mentioned if I did it, I'll be questioned and red flagged! :p

Cuchulainn
08-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd love to compete but i can't because unfortunately I want to get banned.

Clo
08-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm entering, but I swear to god Clo could beat me at this beard growing business.

I can only grow a mustache. I like to play with the tips and laugh diabolically. It's like a hobby or something.

Shiny
08-28-2010, 07:39 PM
As soon as you said ear hair, I immediately gagged. There is this guy who works at a movie rental place with the longest ear hair I've ever seen. So nasty!

NorthernChaosGod
08-29-2010, 01:58 AM
What is the minimum number of contestants required to last three months for the prizes to be up for grabs?

missaira
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM

lol.

Meat Puppet
08-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Nobody knows what Jesus looked like.

NorthernChaosGod
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Nobody knows what Jesus looked like.

I do. :colbert:

Clo
08-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Forget the whole Jesus thing. You all need to impress me. :colbert:

Iceglow
08-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Well tempting as this sounds, I would have to trim lol. I just trimmed my stubble in to a beard (I will take a pic tomorrow during the day when it's light enough to show) Theres a very good reason for the trimming, the following two images are both of guys I work with...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/beardepicness.jpg

Above we have Jesus of Surburbia or Dar'tanien or however the guys name is spelt in the 3 musketeers. He trimmed and even shaved around though normally much like Duncan from Dragon Age his beard had a smaller scruffy stubble beard surrounding it, the above picture is fairly epic.

Now ladies, apologies for the next picture but it's the best one of his beard I could find:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/beardnonos.jpg

Now if some of us guys did 6 months no shaving with no trimming we'd end up looking like the above picture, a freaking hobo in skinny fit silver trousers peeing in a plastic urinal at a festival somewhere. Yes I work with the guy. He recently shaved his beard off completely it was such an epic morning when he came to work without it that I didn't actually recognize him. Personally I would rather avoid having a scary beard like that.

I would be in with a thin chinstrap goatee/tache mix but no the above image will never be true of me.

Shorty
08-29-2010, 11:55 PM
What is the minimum number of contestants required to last three months for the prizes to be up for grabs?

The Committee has ruled that the "late starters don't get the main prize unless blah blah blah" rule is kindof redundant.

Clarification: beard kept the longest amount of time gets the main prize. If someone enters four months after the contest begins, they must keep their beard for a longer amount of time than the members before them. This makes it possible for any new members to also compete if they choose.

Example: The contest starts. Four months later, NCG starts. Everyone but Jiro and NCG drop out. Jiro drops out one months later. NCG must keep his beard longer than Jiro kept his in order to receive the prize. If he doesn't, it'll go to Jiro, because he kept his beard for the longest amount of time.

If someone wants to re-enter the contest after dropping out, they can (this could go on for months and months, but I doubt it will), but their time must start over.

The OFFICIAL rules will be posted again with any revisions before the contest actually begins.

Clo
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM

Those... pants...

Shorty
08-30-2010, 12:15 AM
There are no words.

G13
08-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Now if some of us guys did 6 months no shaving with no trimming we'd end up looking like the above picture, a freaking hobo in skinny fit silver trousers peeing in a plastic urinal at a festival somewhere. Yes I work with the guy. He recently shaved his beard off completely it was such an epic morning when he came to work without it that I didn't actually recognize him. Personally I would rather avoid having a scary beard like that.

You didn't recognize the guy because his beard was gone? How many people do you know that wear silver semenslayers?

Jiro
08-30-2010, 11:15 AM

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/Seiken_Bushido/Personal/beardy.png

missaira
08-30-2010, 11:59 AM

you could have at least made it brown xD or referenced the awesome photographer :p

Jiro
08-30-2010, 12:39 PM
It was the darkest brown in my colour palette on paint alright?!

Besides, I think I look good with a... not even sure what colour that is. Burgundy? I don't know colours, I'm artistically retarded.

missaira
08-30-2010, 01:14 PM
It was the darkest brown in my colour palette on paint alright?!

Besides, I think I look good with a... not even sure what colour that is. Burgundy? I don't know colours, I'm artistically retarded.

maroon? ewwwwwww :P

Pheesh
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Dear god, it kind of suits you. I sort of want to see you with a proper one now :/

Clo
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Jiro, I expect a lumberjack beard on you, sir.

Dignified Pauper
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Just dropping by to share this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Z7lMYCjfg)

Jiro
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Dear god, it kind of suits you. I sort of want to see you with a proper one now :/

You'll have to wait a really long time, facial hair does not like me :( Though I have two days before Wednesday so if there's any truth to this 'shaving speeds up hair growing' business then constant shaving between now and then make me bleed to death speed up the process!

Bunny
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM

You didn't recognize the guy because his beard was gone? How many people do you know that wear silver semenslayers?

He's British so... a lot.

qwertysaur
08-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Next time try the eyedropper tool Jiro :p

Freya
08-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I hear if you let it grow for a few days then shave then grow then shave, you are conditioning it to grow more. So even if you just have baby stubble, like shave it. Or something. I honestly don't know what i'm talking about... BUT IT'S WHAT I HEARD!

Agent Proto
08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't think that's the best advice to give for THIS contest.

Shorty
08-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, no shaving allowed. >:o

Clo
08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Also, it's not true.

Freya
08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Sure it is! It get your beardy growing before it starts!

Raistlin
08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Clo is right. The "shaving makes hair grow back more" concept is a myth.

Cuchulainn
08-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Clo is right. The "shaving makes hair grow back more" concept is a myth.

do people still believe that?

also do none of you work? i couldnt get away with a biblical beard without getting sacked.

Meat Puppet
08-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I can’t even have stubble.

Jiro
08-31-2010, 04:23 AM
My life consists of posting on an internet forum and sometimes saying I have to go to class so I can occassionally switch into my second account and continue posting.

Rodarian
08-31-2010, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Raistlin;2904342]also do none of you work? i couldnt get away with a biblical beard without getting sacked.

While I don't think corporate offices allow 'mullah' type beards...Having long snarly beards here are permissible... But I wouldn't want to keep THAT sort of nasty...

Shorty
09-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Does anyone have any questions or need anything cleared up before the contest begins tomorrow?

Jiro
09-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Begins tomorrow? I am taking photos now because it is the 1st of September. I demand that my contest begin today :colbert:

Shorty
09-01-2010, 03:33 AM
You australians and your timezones! Shave and take your picture now if you like, but I'm going to make a new thread tomorrow, on Arizona time. So don't post it until then.

(I may make it at midnight, just to try to be fair.)

Agent Proto
09-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Um, guess I'll shave one last time for the year before this contest starts! :p

Jiro
09-01-2010, 03:41 AM
I'll just shave again when I get home tonight then. I have the day off tomorrow so I can take photos without feeling rushed :jess: ilu Sarah~

Iceglow
09-01-2010, 04:20 AM
K Just remember to truly win the competition you must post a picture of yourself wearing some super awesome silver semen slayers with the beard flowing in the wind, peeing in public is optional! Frankly the idea of seeing anyone in silver semen slayers is good enough to declare them winner for life!

Jiro
09-01-2010, 04:27 AM
You will not see me wearing silver semenslayers. Ever.

Bunny
09-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Frankly the idea of seeing anyone in silver semen slayers is good enough to declare them winner for life!

If everyone loses, I guess that means you're the winner.

Peegee
09-01-2010, 05:37 AM
You australians and your timezones! Shave and take your picture now if you like, but I'm going to make a new thread tomorrow, on Arizona time. So don't post it until then.

(I may make it at midnight, just to try to be fair.)

I just checked the exif data on the photos I took, and found that it says they were taken at 09-01-2010 at 430am (give or take)! wtf etc but anyway, I'll take my photos after midnight because I simply do not have time in the morning to be taking photos, even if it's just one or two.

Meh.

G13
09-01-2010, 05:41 AM
K Just remember to truly win the competition you must post a picture of yourself wearing some super awesome silver semen slayers with the beard flowing in the wind, peeing in public is optional! Frankly the idea of seeing anyone in silver semen slayers is good enough to declare them winner for life!

Dude, I asked for a pair and you said no. :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
I hear if you let it grow for a few days then shave then grow then shave, you are conditioning it to grow more. So even if you just have baby stubble, like shave it. Or something. I honestly don't know what i'm talking about... BUT IT'S WHAT I HEARD!

:lol: I didn't think people still believed that. For everyone, the only thing that can make your facial hair come in thicker/faster is time.

I wish I could start now.

G13
09-01-2010, 06:55 AM
You know the best part about this? I'll be going in to job interviews with the world's :bou::bou::bou::bou:tiest beard there to back me up. :monster:

Iceglow
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Dude, I asked for a pair and you said no. :colbert:

You asked me to steal his semen slayers and thats why I said no besides I thought we'd already agreed it's 200% possible Lady Gaga stole them from him as it is :doublecolbert:

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
You know the best part about this? I'll be going in to job interviews with the world's :bou::bou::bou::bou:tiest beard there to back me up. :monster:

"This mo'fucker right here is legit, LET'S HIRE HIM NOW."

Rantz
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Contest is up! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/134068-eoff-beard-contest.html)