PDA

View Full Version : Weird Family

Rye
08-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Talk about weird things your family does. Keep it appropriate and not too revealing about your family members - talking about personal secrets is kind of mean!

All my parents watch these days is the Jersey Shore... they're both turning 50 this year. WTF???

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2010, 07:14 PM
My mom listens to Limp Bizket and she's 40 :(

Bunny
08-28-2010, 07:17 PM
My brother believes in God.

rubah
08-28-2010, 07:50 PM
it would fill volumes

Vermachtnis
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
My dad watches ABC Family shows, like Secret Life and Make It.

Clo
08-28-2010, 09:53 PM
My mother likes to get drunk and talk about me and shout every sentence instead of speak it.

My father likes to watch Fox News all day and then spend time on Flickr for 6 hours and never speak to us.

My two brothers like not be around and join the military and be untimely and stuff.

Madame Adequate
08-28-2010, 09:59 PM
My parents role play, LARP, and are goths. Old-school ones, not Hot Topic scrubs. Okay not OLD old school ones who pillage Rome or whatever but you get what I mean!

Raistlin
08-28-2010, 10:13 PM
My mom listens to Limp Bizket and she's 40 :(

That might be too embarrassing of a secret for this thread.

My step-dad watches NASCAR and obeys every command of Fox News. My mom is pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, and pro-legalization of marijuana, but still likes to fondly imagine that she is some sort of hardcore Republican and was uneasy about me interning with the ACLU a few years back.

Bunny
08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
My parents role play, LARP, and are goths. Old-school ones, not Hot Topic scrubs. Okay not OLD old school ones who pillage Rome or whatever but you get what I mean!

Such a let down. :(

Shoeberto
08-28-2010, 11:12 PM
My dad will buy any kind of weird food and try it at least once. He pretty much always finishes what he buys, but follows it with a, "Yeah, it was pretty good, I just don't think I'd buy it again." I forget half the stuff he's done that with but I always like to joke that he'll end up getting a jar of spicy horse penis one of these days and going through it. He also watches NASCAR religiously, but when he went to a live race, he was basically disgusted with the crowd. I guess that's to say, he's not exactly part of the target market for NASCAR.

Mom likes to repeat or restate herself a lot. It's gotten kinda annoying since I've started recognizing her doing it a lot more lately...

Laddy
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
My parents are 54 and 52 and still get called hot. :colbert:

Iceglow
08-29-2010, 02:19 AM
My mom is going crazy, she cannot get my name right, hasn't ever gotten it right it bugs me. I have been called Paul (the name of my 15 years older, elder brother), Jason (the name of my 7 years younger, nephew), Robert (the name of my 13/14 year older, cousin), Tyler (the name of my 17 years younger, nephew) and most recently today, Kai (the name of the family puppy)

My sister loves to hate me, she basically hates me when I live with her or even visit too long but then when I need something desperately such as a place to live she's the one talking my mom in to letting me move back in. She's generally someone who would probably be happy if I signed her up to the BNP for christmas, she hates immigrants of any type which is funny that she treated my ex who was a Polish immigrant with any form of respect at all.

My elder brother is having a midlife crisis at 39. He now drives a 1000cc motorcycle and goes for rides with 20/30 other motorcyclists every tuesday. He is also the only male inspiration my childhood had, good to know in 15 years I will probably be the same way.

My sister in law has a strange medical condition the doctors can control but don't know what it is and have never discovered it but basically her diet is vegan and very strict, if she breaks from it she ends up dizzy and like she is drunk constantly. When I was 17 she wanted me to move in with her and my elder brother, even talked him in to it. I didn't take the offer and have kinda regretted it as much as a man who has no real regrets can do since.

My auntie is the scariest woman alive, she married a biker who was a hells angel sort and rode harleys all the time, he is scared of her.

My cousin Robert has done so many contact sports and fighting styles that it's ridiculous, he's done Rugby, Boxing, Karate, Judo, Kick Boxing, Mu Thai Kick Boxing, he is essentially capable of fighting as an MMA style fighter. He has also been branded by the government as a football hooligan in the past. I've taken the piss outta him for years but frankly, if I wasn't family I would be scared of him.

Shiny
08-29-2010, 05:46 AM
My dad likes a Jonas Brothers' song and my mom used to speak in pig latin.

Shorty
08-29-2010, 06:04 AM
My sisters and I all made up weird nicknames for eachother out of words that do not exist.

My mom and her husband are Mormon conservative republicans who tell me to "leave my liberal shoes at the door" when I visit them.

Goldenboko
08-29-2010, 06:18 AM
idear.

nik0tine
08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
My parents are divorced and live together!

Clo
08-29-2010, 03:15 PM

That is pretty weird. Recently divorced?

Zeldy
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
My parents are 54 and 52 and still get called hot. :colbert:

My parents are slightly younger (my Dad's 50, my Mum's 48?) and they get called hot ALL THE TIME. Like, one of my friends said she'd happily do my Dad, aswell as my brother, and said she'd do my Mum too for the sake of it. My Mum gets called a "Milf" on a regular basis.

My parents still go out round town clubbing, they're going tonight actually.

My Dad's 50 and listens to Craig David. :colbert:

Freya
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
My mom watches south park with me? :D

Chris
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I get random messages from my sister. The last time, she was writing me from Ireland. I have no idea what she is up to, and I didn't even know she had a two-year old son until she randomly blattered it out during one of her "test drives". She's weird, but she's only my half-sis. :D

qwertysaur
08-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I could fill volumes on just my sister alone :bigsmile:

Also last week my Mom got into an argument with a squirrel and the squirrel won.

missaira
08-29-2010, 11:23 PM
my parents are eleven years apart.. second marriage for both of them, apparently they don't do relationships with someone the same age as them well.

my step-sister has three step-sisters, two-half sisters and a half-brother. sucks for her come christmas time :p

G13
08-30-2010, 10:28 AM
My mom is superstitious but claims not to be. She says it's a scientifically proven fact that the moon has something to do with "weird things happening", so like if someone dies suddenly she blames it on the full moon that's 15 days away. I sometimes ask her to cite her sources for my own amusement but end up regretting it later. :eep:

My dad, whenever I talk to him, feels the need to lie about stuff to make a conversation ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER WOOOO! It's usually about things I was present for and it's kind of funny to play along only to stop laughing mid-story and say "No. :|" or like add to the story and make it even worse when he agrees that my lie is actually truth.

My eldest brother lets his daughter paint his toenails. He wears open toed sandals all year long. He also has one arm, which isn't really all that weird, just the circumstances as to why he only has one arm is.

Umm... I dunno, not really all that weird, just interesting. :monster:

Freya
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
My eldest brother lets his daughter paint his toenails. He wears open toed sandals all year long.

THAT'S CUTE! How sweet of him :)

black orb
08-31-2010, 02:40 AM
>>> Everyone in my family is poor people, I must have the poorest family ever!! how crazy is that?..:luca:

nik0tine
08-31-2010, 09:26 AM

That is pretty weird. Recently divorced?
No they have probably been divorced close to 15 years. :p

Rodarian
08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
My parents are called hot all the time...:eep:

My mum likes to jump on top of my dad and kisses all over , which grosses myself and siblings out

My Parents call out my brothers name when clearly they are directed at me.I've even been called my aunts and uncles name on several occasions.

My Grandpa, Dad and myself wear sarongs in the house..Its comfortable and airy...:colbert:

My brother likes to pick his nose and 'sprinkle' it on his bed...

He bites the collars of his tshirts

My sister has mood swings akin to Godzilla