PDA

View Full Version : Aeris/Aerith : Wanted Dead or Alive

Saber
08-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Okay well this thread has some possible spoilers.

We all know how in Final Fantasy VII Aeris dies at the end of disk 1. Also we know there is no way to bring her back other then using cheat devices. Many people wish that she comes back or hopes there was a way to bring her back. Others think that it was a major part of the story so she shouldn't be brought back. My question for you is; If you could bring back Aeris/Aerith, would you? I know its not meant in the story but did you think her death was good cause you never liked her, or do you wish she would come back cause you miss her?

Kyros
08-31-2010, 01:36 AM
I'd bring her back only b/c I'm a perfectionist and want to do everything in a playthrough =/ I don't like her though and wouldn't use her when I got her back.

Clo
08-31-2010, 01:38 AM
I would totally bring her back, because her limit breaks were the :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Jessweeee♪
08-31-2010, 02:12 AM
I enjoyed FFVII's story. It's not my favorite, but it did its job and drew me in. If Aeris were revived it would be very not enjoyable. I mean, it would just be so cheesy if the audience just clapped their hands and believed and she came back to life :(

Saber
08-31-2010, 02:26 AM
I would want her back as I'm one of those people who sobbed over her death. First play through she was my favorite character and still is cause of her nature and story. Another thing is I can agree with Kyro for wanting her back for completion purposes.

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2010, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't want her to come back cause it would cheapen the story and her character. On the other hand, I liked her as a playable character as her Limit Breaks offered more of a strategy beyond "kill monsters faster" and her stats actually made using magic worthwhile. Its a shame there were no other characters who was geared towards magic as well as her.

Carl the Llama
08-31-2010, 08:57 AM
No, I would not bring her back.

Aerith is my favorite character because of what she did for the planet and what happened to her as a result like WK said, her limits and her high magical power made her the perfect mage type (though I find many people don't bother to use her cause she is "weak") I feel in no short time this will become another "Lets bash Aerith thread" I know I shouldn't say this but I feel many people didn't like her for her weak strength in battle and then just latched onto other people's reasons as to why they do not like her.

Just my thoughts and I am not going to change them no matter what anyone says.

Karifean
08-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Story-wise: No.
Gameplay-wise: Yes.

escobert
08-31-2010, 06:26 PM
No, I never use her.

Rase
08-31-2010, 07:03 PM
No, I never use her.

Flying Arrow
08-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Gameplay-wise I'd enjoy having her, but that would require gutting almost the entire mood of the game's second half. No, thanks! Plus, I hate when characters come back from the dead, especially in otherwise good stories. Battlestar Galactica almost gave me a stroke for that reason.

escobert
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
yeah it wouldn't be the same game if she didn't die.

MJN SEIFER
08-31-2010, 09:09 PM
As much as I liked her, and as useful as I found her character, I would not bring her back. As others have said, the storyline would not have been the same if they took this option. It was a sad scene for me, but like most sad scenes there was a reason for it - her death was memorable for many reasons, so I am fine with her dead.

Jiro
09-01-2010, 02:39 AM
WK says it all I feel.

Saber
09-01-2010, 03:06 AM
I think that bringing her back would have satisfied a lot of players. Most people have asked for over ten years now, "How do you revive Aeris?" and it won't stop until no new people play. bringing her back would not only please fans it would please those who don't want to answer the same question over and over. BTW it wouldn't have a whole slew of people wanting more out of the game. It would even lighten why the game is so popular. I've said it best a while back here on Eyesonff that having a new character come into the story shortly after disk 2 would have been nice. I think that character should have had all of Aeris limit breaks and stuff she had. I know I'm just plain being dumb but they did do that in FF5.

blackmage_nuke
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I would want them to "bring back" Aeris in the same way that they 'brought back' Galuf with Krile. So different character, same stats/items, that way people who invested hours into levelling her up/getting her limit breaks +final weapon didnt have it all go to waste.

(havent actually gotten up to Krile in FFV, ive just heard things about it)

Omega_WEAPON_ROX
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
No. I would not revive Aerith. She was a haxor n00b with her Limits. Actually, I'm kinda doing better without her XD Sephiroth/Jenova killed her to balance out the game, and YOU ALL KNOWZ IT!

:choc::choc::choc::choc::choc:

Dr. Acula
09-03-2010, 03:40 AM
I would want them to "bring back" Aeris in the same way that they 'brought back' Galuf with Krile. So different character, same stats/items, that way people who invested hours into levelling her up/getting her limit breaks +final weapon didnt have it all go to waste.

This would actually be a good idea. I never use Aerith because she dies. If she was replaced by another character I might actually bother with her.

But in a way, it would mean that her death had less meaning. So leave it as it is methinks.

Chloe.
09-04-2010, 08:10 PM
No, she should stay dead.

Wolf Kanno
09-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I think that bringing her back would have satisfied a lot of players. Most people have asked for over ten years now, "How do you revive Aeris?" and it won't stop until no new people play. bringing her back would not only please fans it would please those who don't want to answer the same question over and over. BTW it wouldn't have a whole slew of people wanting more out of the game. It would even lighten why the game is so popular. I've said it best a while back here on Eyesonff that having a new character come into the story shortly after disk 2 would have been nice. I think that character should have had all of Aeris limit breaks and stuff she had. I know I'm just plain being dumb but they did do that in FF5.

I don't think this idea of a Galuf/Krile exchange would have worked so well. First off, introducing a character this late in the game would not have meshed well with the writing. Krile is sorta saved by V's not so deep plot and the fact she was introduced into the narrative somewhat early so when she comes along to gain the powers it makes since for the story and she's not a new character the game now has to set aside some time to explain so they will be relevant to the plot.

If it did happen this way, I feel it would have worked like Shana and Miranda did in LoD which for me was kinda silly cause Miranda is introduced so late she's practically a non-entity whose only notable feature is that she is Shana's replacement for the party in battle. That's what would have happened to the new character. Not to mention that Aerith's Limit Breaks lend her credibility for being a Cetra so having a character come around who has the same moves would be bad for the plot, regardless of whither this character was another Ancient or not, it would be hard to rectify it in the game for the new character without terribly diminishing Aerith's role.

Saber
09-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I didn't mind the Miranda/Shana switch so I wouldn't mind an Aeris switch either. A lot of games do it and as said, it would make those limit breaks worth getting if you decided too. I don't know if this makes sense or not but why have a level 4 limit break if you arn't going to use it for long. I know some people level up limit breaks each time they get a new character. I only get Aeris before getting the key stone and I will never use it again.

LadyRelena
10-07-2010, 03:14 AM
I personally would never want to see Aeris back. Not only did I despise her flirtatious and self-serving personality but she really wasn't worth keeping around in battles either. She literally had the lowest hit points and her limit breaks could easily be replaced with matirea. She may have had an awesome final limit but there was no way I was going to spend that much time on her since she ends up dying anyway. As for story and plot; bringing her back would have only served to make the FF7 story cliché and generic.

Light Mage
10-07-2010, 06:13 AM
They should bring has back as a Summon Materia that randomly casts one of her Limit Breaks.

Carl the Llama
10-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I personally would never want to see Aeris back. Not only did I despise her flirtatious and self-serving personality
Self serving and flirtatious nature? did you mistake her for someone else? Aerith saved the planet with Holy and I would say thats the complete opposite of being self serving lol you seriously thought she was flirtatious? sure she pays compliments to the people around her like barret in the sailor suit but I know lots of people who can compliment people without others say "omg she was flirting with all the boyz!" and yes, I agree she did flirt with Cloud but then he reminds her of her first boyfriend, and note you didn't see Cloud objecting to her flirting with him.

She really wasn't worth keeping around in battles either. She literally had the lowest hit points and her limit breaks could easily be replaced with matirea. She may have had an awesome final limit but there was no way I was going to spend that much time on her since she ends up dying anyway. Omg another "I don't like her cause she was weak" person... she was not weak she was the most powerful mage in the game, would you have expected Vivi to jump in battle and start Meleéing? Only Cloud comes close to her MAG stat in the later levels (like by the time your on disk 3) and had she lived she could have used HP+ materia so no problem there, with regards to most of her limit breaks being able to be done with materia I beg to differ, Fury Brand is my favorite limit break, and cannot be replicated, being only a level 2 limit break if you use her in battle often (with the enemy skill materia) you will find that she can kill large groups of enemies with 1 cast of Matra magic, thus reaching her quota of 80 kills easy. In fact only 2 limit breaks of hers can be replicated with success often and that's her Healing Wind and Breath of the Earth, granted you can cast Full Cure and Life 2 but only at the very end of the game, and then only once you have leveled the materia up considerably and it also costs quite a bit of MP to do so, with limit breaks you tell them to do it and they do it right away taking precedence over other moves the boss/party is about to do so again they are considerably better.

Oh and its not only her final Limit Break that makes you invincible, Planet Protector also makes you invincible the only difference between that and Great Gospel is that GG casts FUll Cure.

As for story and plot; bringing her back would have only served to make the FF7 story cliché and generic.

On this point I agree 100%

Otis_Glicker
10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Personally, I never liked Aeris. I can't find one thing about her character that I enjoyed. She was too bubbly and 2-dimensional. I get excited whenever I get to the end of disc 1. So no, I'd keep her in the bottom of that lake.

Roogle
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I would bring back Aerith and judge for myself whether it was a better game because of it.

I felt slighted that there was no character similar to Aerith, but I think that that was the developers' intent behind killing her. She has no replacement, and she has no voice after she is killed, and I think that emptiness that you are left with was what the people behind the game wanted you to think.

Tuhkasieni
10-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Personally it made me frustrated cause I used her in battle and then she died... On my second playthrough I didint use her unless i had to. So I think that she should stay dead, so she wont bother me if sephiroth decides to kill her twice...

BG-57
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
She was my favorite character in the game and it affected me powerfully when she was killed. It certainly had the desired effect of making me want to kill Sephiroth. I enjoyed using her both as a PC and in the storyline.

My initial reaction was of course wanting her to return, even by some implausible means. But upon further consideration, her martyrdom is what makes the story so powerful.

Events in AC have only reinforced this, as I didn't find it touching that her ghost is benevolently haunting Cloud, I found it creepy. I think it would be for the best if she simply rejoins the Lifestream completely and becomes reborn as something else, unless she's trapped as some sort of guardian of the Planet now.

That being said, I'm glad at least there are alternate worlds (like in FFT), where there are parallel versions of her wandering around.

PeneloRatsbane
10-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Having a replacement character join the group after Aeris died would have sucked as the group are also affected by her death, Vincent excluded ( i didn't exclude yuffie because if you do have her at the time Aeris dies it clearly upsets her a lot)

LadyRelena
10-12-2010, 09:17 AM
@KaiserDragon Look, I'm not going to get into some major retarded argument about Aeris and her deplorable behavior. I have very good reasons for finding her actions selfish, flirtatious, and insensitive but I'm not going to spell them all out on this thread. The title asks a question and I answered it. I said my piece and that was all.

As for her limits and hit points, I really don't care if she becomes greater then god in the game, she's not worth my time because she doesn't even live past the first disc. I'm not going to waist all my energy leveling up a character that leaves when I could be using the same time to grind a character that stays through the whole game. :meditate:

Vyk
10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm with WK, Kaiser, and BG. I loved her, and I wanted her back when she died. I'm one of the people who spent hours trying out all the rumors to see if they worked. She's actually the reason I bought the strategy guide. After beating the game. But I was young then, and couldn't appreciate the artistic drama her death brought to the story. I appreciate her death for what it was now. And I don't treat the game any different with that knowledge. I still like her as a character, and a plot device, and for that reason I continue to use her until I can't. It doesn't hamper the characters who get left behind really, 'cause they can all catch up really quickly

I really don't feel that using her is a waste of time and I'm not offended by the idea of losing a character I built up. Its a good story element and few games have used it properly

Actually, on the subject, I always thought it was pretty cheap that you could clone Crono in Chrono Trigger. But THAT I think would have justified fealing cheated and offended, for the people who didn't know the whole convoluted method of bringing him back, you just lost THE MAIN CHARACTER to the game. A character who's a blank slate, so its assumed he's basically your avatar in game. So you just lost YOUR character. I'm glad they let you bring him back, but I still feel that it cheapens it as well. And from a story stand-point I would have accepted his sacrifice. I never felt he was my avatar anyway. So all I did was lose a mute character. I just would understand if people felt that way more with him than those who feel it for Aeris

|-THE redmage-|
10-14-2010, 02:27 AM
I'll admit, I was one of the people who cried when Aeris died, but do I want her back? Most certainly not! She was there pretty much for looks and that slight middle school romance kind of feeling, I felt. I didn't think she did much for the group.

Saber
10-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Good replies. I have to admit something too. Now that Final Fantasy VII has given Aeris a unique character (who helps Cloud even while she is dead in the movies) it is impossible to keep her alive. For the sake of the auguring though this topic IS metaphorically speaking.

Aerisfanatic
12-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Nice to see things haven't changed :)

I would definitely bring her back if it were a side quest or something. But I've grown as a fan in recent years, and as much as it pains me to see her die, I know its for the best and FF7 would never be the same with her back. Lawd knows I used to sign "petitions" for her revival... *sobs* but I digress...

Jenovakiller
02-02-2011, 06:37 AM
i think it would ruin the entire persona that cloud has which by the way is like half of the story. it wouldnt be nearly as good of a story without the tragedy that all the characters endure throughout the game so i say leave her dead!

cloud_doll
02-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Nah that would be stupid. They did what they did for a damn good reason. Aeris had to die because she was a slut.

Shaibana
02-05-2011, 01:13 PM
aarghh D: wy did i read this? she does at the end of disk 1? ... that halfways the story..

*thinks: danm.. i think im close to switching disk*

D:

i do want her to be back, but i dnt think they should do that ^^

... Aeris should be back... with zack =D

Loony BoB
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm torn. On one hand, I don't like her at all and was glad she died. On the flipside, if she was revived, she could get back to what she does best again.

Dying. :D Honestly, I never liked her and was absolutely delighted that she died. It's part of why I love FFVII more than any other game - they actually kill off the only bad thing about the game! ^_____^

WhiteStorm
03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I got all her Limits, so yeah, definitely. I hate to waste my time :D

Rostum
03-31-2011, 01:26 AM
... Aeris should be back... with zack =D

At least they're together in the lifestream. ;)

Hollycat
03-31-2011, 02:12 AM
I'd bring her back only b/c I'm a perfectionist and want to do everything in a playthrough =/ I don't like her though and wouldn't use her when I got her back.

this and because I love her limits
btw where do i get a holy war? vm me

BG-57
03-31-2011, 03:09 AM
The Gilgamesh card refines into 10 Holy Wars. But how is that related to FFVII?

magemasher
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
I never really liked Aeris to begin with, though her death was an important and unexpected event, to be able to revive her would just take all the credibilty out of the game. If she were to be revived Iwould hope Tifa bitch kicks her back under the water, because Tifa kicks arse!!!!!!!

Hollycat
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM

oh... on one post I read it said that great gospel is like pheonix and a holy war.

Saber
04-01-2011, 08:05 PM

oh... on one post I read it said that great gospel is like pheonix and a holy war.

Its more like using a megalixer and being invincible for a few turns. Phoenix also hurts the enemy which I'm sure none of Aeris' limit breaks do.

BG-57
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
It's the single best defensive limit break in the game. Pity you can't use it later on.

WhiteStorm
04-02-2011, 06:38 PM
It's the single best defensive limit break in the game. Pity you can't use it later on.

Yeah, but by the time you reach the second half of the second disc you have enough powerful materias to don't need it. Plus, if you have the X-Item materia, you can do the trick to get 100 Megalixirs

BG-57
04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Which I've done. I just wish it was an option.

WhiteStorm
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah, well, such a pity. :cry: