PDA

View Full Version : Doom Gaze and another help needed :D

Xardrick
08-31-2010, 07:13 PM
hello, It is my first play of FF VI and I was wondering how can i kill Doom Gaze, because when i enter a battle he always casts L5 Doom and all my Characters die instantly?
(my characters are lvl 70)

another question, what happens if i kill all 8 dragons?

and, If i didn't get Atma weapon in a world of balance, is it a big loss that i don't have it? :D

thanks for answers ;D

ljkkjlcm9
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
gain a level, become 71, you won't die from that attack. Then just fight him.

You get an esper for killing all 8 dragons

Atma weapon is one of the best weapons in the game. Is it necessary? No.

THE JACKEL

Saber
08-31-2010, 09:55 PM
hello, It is my first play of FF VI and I was wondering how can i kill Doom Gaze, because when i enter a battle he always casts L5 Doom and all my Characters die instantly?
(my characters are lvl 70)

L5 doom will work against everyone that is a multiple of 5. Same with L4 and L3 if you are a multiple of those numbers the spell will work. Best thing to do is just make sure you are not on a level which is a multiple of 5 to survive L5 doom.

another question, what happens if i kill all 8 dragons?

You get an esper called crusader for beating all 8. You get a Esper called Bahamut for defeating doomgaze alone.

and, If i didn't get Atma weapon in a world of balance, is it a big loss that i don't have it? :D

Its a one time only item so there is no way of getting it after the WoB. If you level up your characters right with certain espers you can hit 9999 damage with just about anyones best weapon. The mage design characters will have a hard time doing this, Mog, Gogo, Yetti, Strago, Relm etc.

blackmage_nuke
08-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Aparrently you dont get bahamaut if you kill Doom Gaze with X-zone/Banish

Crossblades
08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Aparrently you dont get bahamaut if you kill Doom Gaze with X-zone/Banish

Seriously? I never tried the X-Zone/Vanish trick on him

VeloZer0
09-01-2010, 12:25 AM
It is either true or a very prevalent myth. I have heard it referenced enough times that it is 'common knowledge' to me.

Xardrick
09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Thnx for your answers, I killed Doom Gaze, I got bahamuth magnecite and now I just got a paladin shield and I'm going to kill dragons :D

BackBlade99
09-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Just a side note about Doom Gaze:

His HP doesn't reset when he runs away, so if you're having a really tough time with him but just keep chugging along anyway, he'll eventually die.