PDA

View Full Version : Laptop cleanup help

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Ok, so my computer starting to slow down, and acting w<b><u>ei</u></b>rd. It's aged. I got it brand new 4 years ago, so I know age is prob a big problem, but I'm trying to clean it up and delete unneeded stuff and make room. I stumbled across these in my c drive folder(the files with the t1 stuff), and wasn't sure if i can delete them. or even what they are. And is there a website I can have test my computer for stuff and do like a free cleanup? Thanks

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/CptFetters/tq.jpg

Mirage
09-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Reinstall windows, it'll save you time and frustration.

McLovin'
09-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Just do a defragmentation and disk clean up and registry cleaner.

I see you have Windows 7 so just right click the C drive and go to properties and do the stuff above. It'll take awhile but it will make your comp faster for sure.

I don't know what those t1 files are but they're so small that they're negligible.

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Just do a defragmentation and disk clean up and registry cleaner.

I see you have Windows 7 so just right click the C drive and go to properties and do the stuff above. It'll take awhile but it will make your comp faster for sure.

Actually, and sadly, I have Vista. Where can I find a registry cleaner at?

I don't know what those t1 files are but they're so small that they're negligible.

I knew they were no size at all, just wondering if its somethign I should be concerned with.

And I'm jealous of your name bro.

McLovin'
09-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Ah don't worry bout the registry cleaner then. I forgot that it's a 3rd party download, not offered by windows.