PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Remedies

DMKA
09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Help! I have the most massive hangover ever and I want to die! :cry:

Please share your hangover remedies/stories!

Mo-Nercy
09-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I've never had a hangover, because I have a foolproof hangover prevention technique.

Just drink a lot of water before going to bed.

But if you're after a remedy - a big greasy breakfast out to do the trick. A friend of mine once downed 4 Bacon and Egg McMuffin meals when he woke up with a massive hangover. xD

Clo
09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Drinking lots of water before bed and in the morning is the best thing anyone here will suggest to you.

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Drinking lots of water before bed and in the morning is the best thing anyone here will suggest to you.

Orrrr drink more alcohol when you wake up, that works well too.

Also, not being a lightweight.

Inferno
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Water, big breakfast already mentioned... try drinking one beer, seriously. It'll put your stomach back in shape

edit: Drink more liquor than beer if you can / like to. The hangover is less intense

kotora
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Water, big breakfast already mentioned... try drinking one beer, seriously. It'll put your stomach back in shape

edit: Drink more liquor than beer if you can / like to. The hangover is less intense

How is it gonna be less intense? You're gonna get more hydrated by beer than by liquor.

Inferno
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Personal experimentations... I don't know, it's just like that. If I drink 12 beers, I'll have a headache the following day for sure, but not if I had shots or whatever kind of drinks.

Bunny
09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I've never experienced a hangover because I drink a small glass of water before going to bed. Also, I am a man.

Inferno
09-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Never had a hangover !? Then you don't drink like a man

Pheesh
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
In Australia there's a drink called Berocca, it's basically just a dissolvable vitamin B tablet. Get whatever the equivalent to that is, it's fizzy which settles your stomach a bit, and will quell your headache, then you can eat something which will help as well.

Also, get off the smurfing computer, are you insane?!

Shorty
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
The McMuffin thing works - take it with a shot and you should be fine.

Drink water and eat a piece of bread before you go to sleep if you can remember.

escobert
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Weed always helps a hangover :D
it settles your tummy down!

Breine
09-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Drink lots of water, and eat something. Salty foods are good, and so are tomatoes (I've heard). But really, junk food is great for hangovers!

Old Manus
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
1. Turn on your PS2
2. Open the disc tray
3. Turn up the volume
4. Lay down and listen to the soothing sounds
5. ????
6. Profit...possibly.

Peegee
09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I had a hangover on Friday - the solution was lots of fast food and basically be as hedonistic as possible as to enjoy yourself the most.

I've heard of the remedy 'drink yourself sober'. I've tried that a few times with moderate success.

Bunny
09-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Never had a hangover !? Then you don't drink like a man

An alternative answer is that are still drinking like a novice whereas I have graduated to the level of drinking master. Drinking water after consuming any amount of alcohol more or less eliminates hangovers. Also, did you know that eating things helps with hangovers as well? I down bottles of vodka, tequila, gin, and rum like an alcoholic fish.

Rye
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
The best thing is prevention! If you drink at least two big glasses of water before bed, you will probably not wake up with a hangover. The best thing to do is to drink lots of water while drinking alcohol as well, but most people don't do that.

xXsarahXx
09-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Drink as much water as you think you can take, and have a slice of plain bread before you go bed. I very rarely get hungover if I do this, I can certainly feel the difference if I dont.

fire_of_avalon
09-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Do not drink plain water. Everyone here is WRONG. Well, not super wrong. Your hangover won't be as bad the next day if you're hydrated properly, true, but all the pissing you do depletes other things including electrolytes, sugar and as someone previous to me said any water soluble vitamins in your system.

What you want to drink is pedialyte. I am dead serious. Or gatorade or a sports drink that replenishes electrolytes and sugar. When I go to concerts I sneak in the new gatorade pouch guys because I drink and dance and sweat.

Also, don't drink cold pedialyte. Drink it near room temp.

If you pick a painkiller, stay away from anything with acetaminophen in it because it's not good for your liver either.

Take a multi-vitamin after you eat.

Eating a big meal (as long as you're not nauseated) helps because you gain all that stuff back when you eat it.

The best thing to do is eat something bready or filling about 2 hours before you crash out, take a multivitamin when you're done puking and drink some pedialyte or gatorade at room temp. Or do whichever of these suits your style of drunkenness best.
q

Peegee
09-02-2010, 03:50 AM
foaffles

Okay fine, be that way.

My friend's brother works out religiously. On his drinking nights he will buy two gatorades at the end of the night: one to drink before passing out and the other in the morning before running. Problem solved.

Rocket Edge
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Do not drink plain water. Everyone here is WRONG. Well, not super wrong. Your hangover won't be as bad the next day if you're hydrated properly, true, but all the pissing you do depletes other things including electrolytes, sugar and as someone previous to me said any water soluble vitamins in your system.

What you want to drink is pedialyte. I am dead serious. Or gatorade or a sports drink that replenishes electrolytes and sugar. When I go to concerts I sneak in the new gatorade pouch guys because I drink and dance and sweat.

I thought alcohol and the amount of sugar you drink the night before severely hydrates you, hence the dry throat and headache the next morning. Any sugar content drinks the next morning I've ever drank makes me worse within the hour I drink it. I stick to water for the day because of it. Could be wrong here if what you are saying is some scientifically proven method, but it works for me.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
No, the sugar in alcohol doesn't hurt you. If you drink a lot of bitch beers or high sugar bourbons, the sugars are likely to give you a tummy ache. Same think you'll get if you eat a lot of candy, cookies, cake, etc. But you lose a lot of glucose as your liver processes all the poison you just put inside yourself, so you have to replace it or you feel all bummy.

This is a good (and funny) explanation. I don't know if it's 100% safe for work or home, so you've been warned.

Symptoms and Remedies: The Anatomy of a Hangover | Sloshspot Blog (http://www.sloshspot.com/blog/03-13-2009/Symptoms-and-Remedies-The-Anatomy-of-a-Hangover-132)

Jessweeee♪
09-03-2010, 02:01 AM
I've never had a drink in my life but I hear drinking water while you're drinking alcohol works well.

Pheesh
09-03-2010, 03:38 AM
I've never had a drink in my life but I hear drinking water while you're drinking alcohol works well.

It just keeps you soberish, not that good if you're actually drinking to get drunk.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
RE: Water while you're drinking. Well, yes and no. Drinking a lot of water will make you bloat, which will make you feel worse earlier and make you stop drinking sooner.

You're going to pee just as much, you still going to lose your water soluble vitamins, the alcohol will still degrade the glucose in your liver. You may not dehydrate, which means the meninges (lining around your brain) won't shrink and squeeze your brain and give you a headache. Maybe.

You'll still feel lethargy because of degraded glucose, you'll still feel nauseated because alcohol irritates your stomach and causes it to produce more acid.

Water isn't the cure-all for a hangover. That's a misconception. Simple sugar drinks, something to replete your sugar, electrolytes and vitamins. Those help. Eating helps, if you can eat.

Old Manus
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Getting drunk: Serious fucking business

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Shut up xD

nik0tine
09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
One hit of weed will do the trick.

Doomie
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Gatorade and the greasiest, dirtiest breakfast you can think of. Put a Double Cheeseburger inside a Junior Chicken from McD. Delish.

Peegee
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
RE: Water while you're drinking. Well, yes and no. Drinking a lot of water will make you bloat, which will make you feel worse earlier and make you stop drinking sooner.

You're going to pee just as much, you still going to lose your water soluble vitamins, the alcohol will still degrade the glucose in your liver. You may not dehydrate, which means the meninges (lining around your brain) won't shrink and squeeze your brain and give you a headache. Maybe.

You'll still feel lethargy because of degraded glucose, you'll still feel nauseated because alcohol irritates your stomach and causes it to produce more acid.

Water isn't the cure-all for a hangover. That's a misconception. Simple sugar drinks, something to replete your sugar, electrolytes and vitamins. Those help. Eating helps, if you can eat.

omg informative!

Jess
09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Water isn't the cure-all for a hangover. That's a misconception.
Yep.

One thing I have always done is drink water during/after drinking and although I never wake up with a headache, I still, without fail, wake up feeling like crap.

What works best for me:
Sleep.
Sausage and egg McMuffin + hash brown + fresh orange juice + large sprite with ice.
Alka seltzer to settle stomach.
Sleep for another hour or two.
A lucozade/more sprite.

Yar
09-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Our ritual is a trip to IHOP. Their sexy waitresses always give us the perk-up we need.

The coffee helps too

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:33 AM
There is only 1 hang-over remedy. IHOP.

G13
09-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Oh haha you bastards. "Eat a greasy breakfast" they say. I bet you're all laughing behind your monitors right now. :colbert:

nik0tine
09-12-2010, 01:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/niksigcopy4.gif

I've heard the athiests worst nightmare can help with hangovers.