PDA

View Full Version : Which server should we all go for? [Conclusion: Lindblum!]

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 07:39 AM
From the Open Beta page:

As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you choose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.
Seems that the server names are decided then! Which should we all go for? I'll put this up for something like 24 hours so those in the Open Beta can all quickly hop into that server and safeguard their name, I guess.

Going by a quick check elsewhere, the leading choices of the public are Cornelia, Mysidia, Lindblum and Besaid. The ones few are opting for are Kashuan, Gysahl, Istory and Trabia. Wutai and Figaro are inbetweeners.

FFXIV STATUS BETA! (http://www.ffxiv-status.com/)

Miriel
09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Heh. I can see why Kashuan, Hysahi, and Istory would be unpopular.

I like Mysidia and Figaro best I think. But it really doesn't matter to me as long as we don't go for the garbled sounding servers.

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Both of those are fine by me. I think all the server names are pretty decent and, thankfully, easy to type. I'll go for whatever is leading at the time that I can finally get a beta application code thing. Mysidia sounds pretty.

ljkkjlcm9
09-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Well, I have officially signed up completely for the Beta Test, I just need the download to finish installing (already got the updates, installer should be done much faster).

As soon as it's done and I go to sign in, I'll post whichever server I pick, unless someone has picked one before me! If someone has, please post it now/soon!

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I will be joining Lindblum.

ljkkjlcm9
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Lindblum it is I guess, I just got to the server select
In Ul'dah, Character Jack</>el Kaine

THE JACKAL

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 01:42 PM
You got through the application page? I keep getting told that applications for open beta codes are suspended. Did you get in early or something?

ljkkjlcm9
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
You got through the application page? I keep getting told that applications for open beta codes are suspended. Did you get in early or something?

I normally work nights, but was off last night, so I kept trying at random intervals and eventually got through. There are quite a few people online. I quit and I'm trying to get back on, but now it's trying to download update files again, and it is sitting with 57 remote connections and 6 local connections but still not downloading anything.

I'm glad they have this Beta though, I'm afraid it may deter me from buying the game before it comes out, but that's good for me, saves me some money.

THE JACKEL

Del Murder
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Figaro, son!

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't read Figaro without thinking of that opera song. Which I'm sure is not called Figaro. But might be.

I still don't mind where we end up going. Lindblum, Figaro, Mysidia, whatever.

Del Murder
09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
You're weird.

It actually doesn't matter to me. Unless we can get the open beta client to work on Miriel's computer, it looks like we'll have to wait until the PS3 release to play this game. I'm not buying a $60 game that I don't even know will work!

ljkkjlcm9
09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm already online and playing in Lindblum... it's up to you whether you want to join me!

THE JACKEL

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 07:36 PM
We may as well all go for Lindblum given that at least two of us are going for it and the rest don't seem too bothered. And if people are that bothered then we have a couple of weeks to go and hopefully not every name will be used up too quickly on release date. :p

Del Murder
09-02-2010, 07:38 PM
No one better steal Tmoney McAwesome on Lindblum! I will be there eventually!

Loony BoB
09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Get into the Open Beta and you effectively reserve it anyway, right?

Del Murder
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Well if I'm able to get the open beta to work then I'll be buying the game anyway. :p

Jessweeee♪
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I like Trabia, but I'll probably just go along with the majority. I don't know many people IRL going for this game, so I'll pick whatever EoFF picks.

Miriel
09-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't even have a name yet, so I guess there's not much incentive for me to hurry up and "claim" a name on a server.

I'm gonna end up with a stupid name I choose in a hurry like Thumb Tack or something. :(

Del Murder
09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Salsa Roja!

ljkkjlcm9
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
After some experimenting, the open Beta(at least) lets you make 3 characters, and you can put them on different servers.

THE JACKEL

Loony BoB
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Ah, that makes it interesting. I'll re-open the poll, then, so we can all give further input in the poll so as to make a decision. Keep a character slot open in case there is demand for another server. :p See you on Lindblum tonight, though, maybe... but I'll probably reserve one in Mysidia just in case. =x It's growing on me.

Added a new poll due to the increase in server names. For some reason I really like Rabanastre and Mysidia. But still, I don't mind, so I've voted that way...

JKTrix
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Trix Sforzando is now running around in Ul'dah on Lindblum.

Loony BoB
09-04-2010, 07:35 AM
You can guess my name. :p I'm not really liking the style of Ul'dah much, I think when I start on the actual game I'll be going for a different starting city with a bit more to look at than stone walls.

EDIT: Interestingly, they've now restricted (ie, stopped) access to the more congested servers - I suppose it was inevitable. With this in mind, I can see the same thing happening on release - I do wonder if it might be worth ourselves going for one of the less congested servers. At the moment, I believe Mysidia, Figaro and Lindblum are the "fullest". At the moment, the server list seems to go from emptiest to fullest, and the list looks like this...

Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia
Rabanastre (this and the above three are the ones which were introduced later than the below, so it makes sense that they will be emptier)
Kashuan
Trabia
Istory
Gysahl
Selbina
Besaid
Wutai
Cornelia
Lindblum
Figaro
Mysidia

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Finally got it and it crashes as soon as I start the program, just like the benchmark. I knew it wouldn't work on my laptop at all, but I was kind of hoping that if I wished really really hard I'd still be able to play :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
On Lindblum, haven't really played much yet.

I like the idea of Rabanastre though~ :D

Loony BoB
09-04-2010, 11:01 AM
What's your name?

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Aurus Oriale

Baloki
09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Baloki Kyuu

Mirage
09-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I've already decided to start on Cornelia, cause people I know will be starting there. World names aren't really important anyway, so i suggest you all start on that server unless you know someone who will play elsewhere.

Why is there even a poll option for "not playing"?
That's completely irrelevant to which server anyone will be joining

Carl the Llama
09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Any vote that is not Mysidia is a wrong vote ^^

Del Murder
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
It's looking more and more likely that Lindblum will be EoFF's server, but things are still up in the air. Hopefully we can get it narrowed down soon. If you are making a character for Open Beta and are unsure which server to choose, I would pick Lindblum at this time.

Loony BoB
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I think we may as well stick with it since that way we will all be able to secure our usernames. EoFFers so far on Lindblum to my knowledge: TSoL, JKTrix, Baloki, smittenkitten, myself. Only EoFFer elsewhere is Mirage.

I didn't vote for it but I probably would now for these reasons.

ljkkjlcm9
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I think we may as well stick with it since that way we will all be able to secure our usernames. EoFFers so far on Lindblum to my knowledge: TSoL, JKTrix, Baloki, smittenkitten, myself. Only EoFFer elsewhere is Mirage.

I didn't vote for it but I probably would now for these reasons.

I think I was one of the first on the server lol. how could you forget me!

I don't really care which server, but that's the one I first went with cause that was the first one someone took and said definitively they would be one it, and then I was on it, definitively.

THE JACKEL

Loony BoB
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Dammit, I knew I forgot someone. Probably because I've not chatted to you in-game yet, I don't think. :p

ljkkjlcm9
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Dammit, I knew I forgot someone. Probably because I've not chatted to you in-game yet, I don't think. :p

Nope, i haven't played as much as I would like, and the times I do play are pretty randomly distributed among the 24 hours.

THE JACKEL