PDA

View Full Version : The Last Remnant or Infinate Undiscovery

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Ok, so I"m lookin for a new rpg game to play for my 360. So, if any of you have played these, which is better and which should i play first or if at all?

Depression Moon
09-03-2010, 02:42 AM
I've heard both of these were whack.
Probably why this has been the first thread on these games in I don't know how long.

Bunny
09-03-2010, 02:48 AM
You should play neither of these games and, instead, play Mass Effect or cut off your own arm. Either of these options are more enjoyable than wading through the amount of crap in both of the games you mentioned.

leader of mortals
09-03-2010, 03:47 AM
I have both games, and I like them both. Last Remnant I have not gotten very far into, however, but the strategic battle system can be very fun, if you enjoy that sort of thing, or very frustrating if you want a more normal RPG. Basically, Last Remnant's battle system is a partly controlled strategy game. You choose what characters you have and how to set up your party, and in the battle you are given a few options of what to do, but you don't have full control. For example, you might want only person 1 and 2 to use skills, but that's not one of the options, so you have to choose an option that you don't want. This is the main problem everyone seems to have with the game, but I think it adds more strategy to the battles, as saving AP gives you more and better options.

While Last Remnant is a strategy RPG, Infinite Undiscovery is an Action RPG. The story, in my opinion, was amazing, with parts that had me crying more than I have ever cried, and parts that had me laughing to where I couldn't breathe. The battle system is very fun, if at times a repetitive. Almost every character is amazingly charming and interesting, with fair backstory and lots of development. Some characters instantly fade out of the plot, but when you have so many characters, it is to be expected. With different modes of gameplay and a post-game dungeon, it can be played for hours and hours.

If you have played and liked Radiata Stories, get Infinite Undiscovery. It's by the same team and the charm seems similar.

Edit: Oh, if you get The Last Remnant, be sure to either get it for the PS3, or, if you get it for the 360, put it on your harddrive. If you have it for the 360 and it isn't on your harddrive, the framerate in intense moments drops to, and I'm not joking, about 2 fps.

Masamunemaster
09-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey bro how about you just get The Last Remnant, and you can borrow my infinite undiscovery. Then we can play both lol:D

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Edit: Oh, if you get The Last Remnant, be sure to either get it for the PS3, or, if you get it for the 360, put it on your harddrive. If you have it for the 360 and it isn't on your harddrive, the framerate in intense moments drops to, and I'm not joking, about 2 fps.

why would they make a game that has that slow framerate? i mean if they can pull off ff 13 on the 360, why not anything else.

leader of mortals
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I don't know.

Also, I forgot to say... Infinite Undiscovery is a short game, about 20-25 hours through the main story.

Also, the game is very linear. Like, amazingly linear. There aren't really any sidequests that are worth doing, and the one's not worth doing are all like "Take this, go here, come back". If they had a major sidequest in this game, it would have been much, much better.

Last Remnant, on the other hand, is the kind of game where you can play for 4 hours without touching the story, and get stuff done. Searching for items to upgrade your weapons is time consuming, and I found it to be pretty fun.

G13
09-03-2010, 10:01 PM
If they had a major sidequest in this game, it would have been much, much better.

Agreed.

Infinite Undiscovery is pretty (very) slow during the first disc, the progression makes you want to tear your hair out. Second disc it gets way better. The only thing that kept me going through the first was I enjoyed the gameplay and the world was absolutely beautiful. Looking off into the distance and seeing the other chains attached to the moon was just awesome. I'm still trying to figure out why it's called Infinite Undiscovery though, to my knowledge there is a very finite amount of things to discover.

I got about an hour into Last Remnant and couldn't stand it. The gameplay was pretty cool but when I met the rest of the main cast, which seemed to be right off the bat, it got really lame. "Whoareyoucomewithushaha!" Just... no. :/

I recommend Infinite Undiscovery but it all depends on your taste in games. Same goes for Last Remnant just, y'know... opposite.

Depression Moon
09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
LOOKED ON GAMESPOT AND THE PC VERSION OF LAST IS AN 8.5 WHILE THE 360 VERSION IS A 6

Polnareff
09-04-2010, 02:46 AM
You, heh, might as well get those Burger King games they made for 360. Even those are better than LR and IU, IMO.

I might suggest getting a game like Magna Carta 2 or Tales of Vesperia instead if you haven't played those.

Shadowdust
09-04-2010, 02:58 AM
LOOKED ON GAMESPOT AND THE PC VERSION OF LAST IS AN 8.5 WHILE THE 360 VERSION IS A 6

For good reason. Features were added to the PC version to make it funner to play. You were limited in how many leaders you could have in a battle in the 360 version. This limit was removed in the PC version. Also, a new game plus is available in the PC version.